• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Origin of your User-Name

tappy

Smash Ace
my mom gave me this nickname. i like it because it's fun to say tap, tap, tap...tappy:) now it's my RPG name and i use it for all the other forums i go to.

Zane Fleia

Smash Journeyman
Ooooh, this brings me back a bit. At least half a decade... One day, I signed up for one of my first online RPs. I was thinking "Hmm, what's a good name that sounds cool and doesn't sound common?" And ended up with Zane Fleia. I've been using it for practically everything ever since. There are also some other names I go by, but the majority end in Fleia. Yashi Fleia and Myuu Fleia are common. But they aren't a "family" in any way, and if you DARE to look at the "tree" of Fleia names used, you can only end up confused in thinking that it might be a "family" tree. XD

Luck-NYC/NJ

Smash Lord
BergenField, Bergen County(North East Jersey)
ur gonna be surprised but i got this name from Ichimaru Gin my favorite character in Bleach. He was my favorite character off the bat and me and my friend loved the fact tht he was always smiling and care free. So we refered to him as "ThatHappyNigga" cuz Gin uses slang in the anime and seemed gangsta like tht. Anyway i took Gin;s name and Walla!!

My real Smash names Luck and i got it from my friends cuz i play peach. i usta pull a lotta granny's and comebacks outta my *** so they usta say "u won by Luck" :ur so Lucky" so i was started saying "i AM LUCK" and tht's how i became Luck.

--Luck

Learn2Luigi

Smash Cadet
I made this account while drunk, back in the brawl anticipation days.
I played luigi, but I was still learning.
I named myself Learn2Luigi (L2L) because at the time, it seemed funny.
Hated it the next day but what can ya do.

D13

Smash Ace
Ahaha

I know I've posted this in a different thread before, but this is the lowdown. My first name starts with D, and I joined my first forum (an Advance Wars forum) at the age of 13. So creative, I know. I like to pronounce it "dee one three".

Please don't think of it as leetspeak. :mad:

ru5514n

Smash Ace
Username = my nationality.

Well, I'm technically only half-Russian, but it doesn't matter. I was born in the Soviet Union, when there was no difference.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
@learn2luigi wow you actually made your account drunk? Lol this is why I don't plan on drinking beer when I get to the age... or atleast drink enough where I get drunk. Hilarious none the less (dont worry I think the name is awesome ;))

.Marik

is a social misfit
I hate my current username, although it's stuck with me for an entire year on virtually every single Forum I've joined.

Yu-Gi-Oh! spawned "Marik" and add my main, and favourite character and you have "MarikYoshi".

Incredibly boring, I'm changing it as soon as I get Premium Membership. <3

Proverbs

Smash Lord
I think there was a more recent version of this thread a while ago. Maybe I'm wrong. Regardless, I just sort of picked Proverbs as a random book of the Bible for a username once and it sorta stuck with me. Later on I found that it very well described my personality, in a sense.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
So SmokeyBBQ came from a chip packet, the chips were flavoured SmokeyBBQ!

They was good.

Cease Tick

Smash Ace
I've always been a fan of puns and wordplay, so I tried to include a smash-related pun in my name. I don't think it turned out too well....

soju

SD God
Hmm Soju is a beer in korea(a strong one) and the first time ive actually played smash i was drunk on it.
Yea . . . it's not "So Jew" like a lot of people think it is.

By-Tor

Smash Cadet
My name for everything used to be CriticalAcclaim from an a7x song, but obviously when playing smash there is complications. Eventually I settled on By-Tor from the Rush song "By-Tor and the Snow Dog" with By-Tor being some demon thing, which works out quite nicely

The things I consider when thinking of a name is that

*It has to sound cool
*It has to be catchy
*It needs to be able to be abbreviated into 4 letters

pikafire87

Smash Rookie
Well, pikafire87 hmmmm.... pika - for pikachu and i was a kid when i made it so i thought by adding fire it would make it sound cool. and 87 is the year i was born.

I didnt realize when i made this that ness' attack is pikafire.... who knew LOL

The Original Oats

Smash Apprentice
I made this account while drunk, back in the brawl anticipation days.
I played luigi, but I was still learning.
I named myself Learn2Luigi (L2L) because at the time, it seemed funny.
Hated it the next day but what can ya do.
Hahah thats funny as hell. :laugh:

The origin of my user name actually came from a similar background. Here's the little story of how came to be. Me and five of my friends decided to play some jenga while we were on the verge of passing out. We set a consequence before beginning the game, which stated that whoever knocked the **** over was going to have to eat a cup of dry oats in less than a minute. Sadly enough, I ****ed up and knocked over the crooked piece of **** tower that was poorly being built. As a result I was obligated to do away with cup of oats. Did I finish it in less than minute? Hell no.. I was forced to keep it in my mouth for like five minutes until my mouth was able to build up some moisture to soften it. My friends allowed it but added on that if I puked or spit any of it out, they would all grab something out of the fridge and spray my mouth with it. From there on out I was initiated with the name "Oats" which later transcended to "The Original".

Marty

Smash Apprentice
my name is a tricky one.

a lot of people catch the silent "Mar", but few people pick up on the unwritten vocalized "foo" at the end.

mars16

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5429-8906-2115
When I joined Smash world Forums I said I can't come up with a good name so I just combined Half my name with a number.

Mr.Freeman

Smash Ace
Whenever I read your name, I think of the Mr. Freeman who molested Maya Angelou in I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings.

>_>
There's alot i think i should point out in your post, but all im gonna say is this:

Maya Angelou? Maya "And I Rise" Angelou? (you win a cookie if you get the reference)

.Marik

is a social misfit
Lo and behold, my shiny new username.

I just loved the sound of it, the way it looks, and the legitimate meaning behind the name.

I suppose.

Top Bottom