• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ori & Sein Released for Rivals of Aether

ori.jpg

Patch 1.1.2 has dropped for Rivals of Aether, coming with some major changes, including the release of Ori & Sein, the game’s first DLC guest character. The patch arrived on both PC and Xbox One, and marks the full release of the Xbox One version.

Although Ori & Sein must be purchased for use in normal play, their tutorial is available without purchasing them. The two are controlled in tandem in a somewhat similar manner to Rosalina & Luma, though in a much more limited capacity. Sein doesn’t follow Ori nearly as closely as Luma follows Rosalina, and Sein only attacks through the duo’s neutral special, Spirit Flame, though Ori’s Strong attacks gain a strength increase when the two are in close proximity.

Alongside the release of Ori, this update comes with balance changes for the rest of the cast, as well as the addition of a community news section on the main menu. The Xbox One version has also gained many features that were previously PC-exclusive, including Story and Abyss game modes, new music tracks, and player icons during online play.

Among the balance changes, invincibility on respawn has been reduced across the board, and many characters have received small hitbox and animation tweaks. Zetterburn in particular gained new recovery options out of his down-special, which can now be canceled into a double jump, air dodge, and his up-special. Many characters’ kill moves - such as Kragg and Orcane’s forward-aerials and Wrastor’s up-tilt - can no longer land reverse hits, guaranteeing that they’ll always launch opponents at the intended angle.

This is the first of three major updates to add new DLC characters, with the next one coming later on in 2017.

Rivals of Aether is available on Steam and on Xbox One through the Microsoft Store.

Alberto "RedNova" Vásquez

Comments

"Zetterburn in particular gained new recovery options out of his down-special, which can now be canceled into a double jump, air dodge, and his up-special."

Wait, wasn't this nerfed? I think you have to look it up again. =^)

I-interesting... a new update f-for Rivals of Aether...

T-though... I've never seen t-that game...
not a problem, check it out when you get time to spare!

gameplay has the most in common with Melee, but there is a tutorial mode that goes through everything on that front, so that can help get you started. there's even character tutorials so you can learn the attributes to each one. :D

controller options are wide as well, so you can use GCN if you have an adapter.

"Zetterburn in particular gained new recovery options out of his down-special, which can now be canceled into a double jump, air dodge, and his up-special."

Wait, wasn't this nerfed? I think you have to look it up again. =^)
yeah, last i checked it got nerfed,

• Dspecial no longer gives back your double jump immediately. Instead, it gives you your double jump 20 frames after the dive starts (noted by a white flash on Zetterburn)
  • After 30 frames of Dspecial’s dive, you can cancel it with a double jump, an air dodge, or Uspecial (you can still walljump out as usual)

Last edited:
Is that game free? Or do I have to pay? I'm not really into paying online...
the game itself is $15 normally. however, there's a Steam sale going on with a little more than 3 and a half hours remaining AS OF THIS POST RIGHT NOW where the game itself is only $5.09

Ori and Sein is 4.99, so this sale plus the DLC is quite a steal

online, however, is free on Steam... since PC players don't do this online access subscription service nonsense like XBL/PS+/Nintendo xD

Last edited:
not a problem, check it out when you get time to spare!

gameplay has the most in common with Melee, but there is a tutorial mode that goes through everything on that front, so that can help get you started. there's even character tutorials so you can learn the attributes to each one. :D

controller options are wide as well, so you can use GCN if you have an adapter.

yeah, last i checked it got nerfed,
You said that he got new recovery options out of his down b, but this is not true. He has always had these recovery options. With this new patch, he can't act out of down b as quickly as before. That was what I meant. =^)

You said that he got new recovery options out of his down b, but this is not true. He has always had these recovery options. With this new patch, he can't act out of down b as quickly as before. That was what I meant. =^)
I didn't write the article... what's this directed at me for?

besides, I edited in my agreement earlier, with evidence from the patchnotes blogpost...

Last edited:
Top Bottom