• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oregon Smash Community [OSC] - Oregon's official Smash Community est. 2005

borg

Smash Rookie
(GASPETH)

there's so much disorder in where tournaments are being held. I would love to play more but its like... where is all this happening?

Especially the big dog ones like EVO. I never know where and when until they have finished (I weep and morn)

Tommy mentioned earlier about how it would be nice to have a consistent, up to date schedule for oregon.

Truly: the only reliable tournament I am aware of in oregon within arms reach of portlant is the weekly smash fest held in eugene at Gamestar; hosted by Jaxas. I have gone there from time to time, harsh its on a Sunday. Some of us are religious so I find my self zoomin out the church door like a bat outa hell (irony?) having pre-arranged to come late.

Some in portland would be great. Or ones on saturday. But nonetheless, a fat list of regulars, weeklies at designated areas.

I read of these portland ones and I am without facebook. Where and when?

We could start building a list! (dunno how far it will go, but I'll try) I hear all these people without facebook like me and a list here would be great!

1: GameStar, Eugene, Oregon, Sundays 12pm - late; melee and PM.
Reliable contact: salemsmashfests@gmail.com
the dude: Jaxas

2: ...

Jaxas

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaxas7
(GASPETH)

there's so much disorder in where tournaments are being held. I would love to play more but its like... where is all this happening?

Especially the big dog ones like EVO. I never know where and when until they have finished (I weep and morn)

Tommy mentioned earlier about how it would be nice to have a consistent, up to date schedule for oregon.

Truly: the only reliable tournament I am aware of in oregon within arms reach of portlant is the weekly smash fest held in eugene at Gamestar; hosted by Jaxas. I have gone there from time to time, harsh its on a Sunday. Some of us are religious so I find my self zoomin out the church door like a bat outa hell (irony?) having pre-arranged to come late.

Some in portland would be great. Or ones on saturday. But nonetheless, a fat list of regulars, weeklies at designated areas.

We could start building a list! (dunno how far it will go, but I'll try) I hear all these people without facebook like me and a list here would be great!

Hi!

Just as a heads up, I actually run the tournaments in Salem (it's just under an hour away from Eugene).
If you're looking for information about Oregon's Melee scene (I'm assuming based on you talking about our Sunday events rather than our much larger Saturday Smash 4 events), you'll want to look into the Melee @ Epic events. We've actually changed our Sunday event list to Pokken & Project: M, and no longer host Melee.

You'll have a much better time looking for upcoming tournaments here in Oregon on Facebook; besides the twins, I'm probably the only TO who posts their events here on Smashboards rather than just Facebook.

Hope this helped!

T0MMY

Smash Master
(GASPETH)

Yeah, Gamestar is not in Eugene. I don't host anymore, the people who had childish issues with me seemed to shut up so I don't have to do rebel hosting anymore.

Jitio does post here as well, and he helps run the PDX Dojo series, which is one of the finest ongoing series Oregon has had on a consistent basis. That is held near Portland up in Vancouver, I'd recommend that if you are interested in higher level play and socializing with the SSB4 crowd. If you are talking about the Sunday events at Gamestar then you may be a Melee player... but Pokken is the bigger Sunday draw from what I understand now. P:M is kind of dead, but some still play it.

It would be nice to have an accessible listing of events and information, and I've done what I could here, but it's up to the TOs to really help the players out, so just got to wait until everyone gets on the same page. Until then there are a good number of people whovhelp out whenever you need something. Always easy to talk to people in person.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
News of bigger events is usually up on the front page of Smashboards. They'll cover something like EVO months ahead of time. They'll even cover the 'smaller' bigger tournaments as well (such as Smash Con, Pound, etc).

Check out the Events tab at the top of this page.
Also, https://smash.gg/tournaments would be a good resource for you.

Firewave

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4055-6929-6039
Anyone know any Smash groups/communities that I can join? I live in Cornelius, Oregon and have been trying to find one close by.

MARTlAN

Smash Rookie
Anyone know any Smash groups/communities that I can join? I live in Cornelius, Oregon and have been trying to find one close by.
Yo, my friends and I live in hillsboro/beaverton and are looking for people to play melee with! Not the closest to Cornelius, but closer than Salem or portland I think haha

Last edited:

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
1.1.6 patch was sort of disappointing. It only addressed the Bayonetta uproar and didn't help any of the low tiers that desperately needed buffs. I'm hoping a 1.1.7 doesn't take too long to release.

Yo, my friends and I live in hillsboro/beaverton and are looking for people to play melee with! Not the closest to Cornelius, but closer than Salem or portland I think haha
If you have FB, try looking for something close to that area on the Melee FB group.

T0MMY

Smash Master
The Oregon Smash Discord is also a good resource to use if you want to chat with anyone. The link is on front page of this thread, first post. Good to remind people about coming-up tournaments.

T0MMY

Smash Master
PAX is next week. Not sure how big of a Smash tourney there will be, but last year Twitch sponsored $15,000 and top players from all over the country came - I took top 10, being Oregon's top placing player. Competition may not be anywhere as steep this time around. I may attend, but just been playing casually.

T0MMY

Smash Master
About as legitimate as one would expect from getting a bunch of children and tryhards together. Anyone bragging about PAX outside of 2015 probably doesn't have much real tourney experience under their belt.

Slimezey

Smash Rookie
So im a new player, so sorry if this is annoying or sounds naive, but do you guys host any smash 4 tournaments in oregon?

Last edited:

T0MMY

Smash Master
R rolf
Yes, server is still alive, the link somehow expired even though it was set to never expire.
Should be fixed now, if not let me know.

Tryst

Smash Ace
NNID
Skolar
3DS FC
2750-1644-8369
In Medford every 2 weeks there is a tournament at Astral Games which is downtown right in the middle of the RCC buildings. It has tournaments for Wii U and Melee and starting with the next one which is on the 12th there will be a N64 tournament as well.
https://www.facebook.com/events/1121675997928369/
Woah, awesome! Thank you for posting about this here, I don't have a facebook, so I would have never found out about this. I will probably end up going just for the experience (And it will probably be my first tournament.). Too bad I don't have a not-massive CRT because I could totally bring a GCN and SSBM disc.

Animegamingnerd

Smash Ace
Woah, awesome! Thank you for posting about this here, I don't have a facebook, so I would have never found out about this. I will probably end up going just for the experience (And it will probably be my first tournament.). Too bad I don't have a not-massive CRT because I could totally bring a GCN and SSBM disc.
Your welcome and yeah i've been going to tournaments there for all year round and while sadly there isn't a lot of people who play Wii U that show up (seriously just this past Saturday only 3 people showed for the Wii U one with me being one of them) but there a good amount of people who participate in the melee tournament.

Also you want to kill time during the tournament they have other game systems set up like PS4 and Xbox One's with games like Halo 5, Overwatch, Fallout 4, Street Fighter V and even a PSVR to try out.

Tryst

Smash Ace
NNID
Skolar
3DS FC
2750-1644-8369
Your welcome and yeah i've been going to tournaments there for all year round and while sadly there isn't a lot of people who play Wii U that show up (seriously just this past Saturday only 3 people showed for the Wii U one with me being one of them) but there a good amount of people who participate in the melee tournament.

Also you want to kill time during the tournament they have other game systems set up like PS4 and Xbox One's with games like Halo 5, Overwatch, Fallout 4, Street Fighter V and even a PSVR to try out.
I think I'll probably end up entering the Melee one, and probably also join the Smash 4 one just for fun since I'm not that great at that one (Although I'm not that great at melee either). Do they have GCN controller to Wii U ports there? I don't even have a Wii U, but I've played the 3ds version a little (compared to Melee and Variants of Brawl.).

Also, I have always been a Nintendo Gamer first, and PC gamer second, so it'll be interesting to see and try out those games if I get the chance, since I haven't actually played any of the ones listed there.

Last edited:

Animegamingnerd

Smash Ace
I think I'll probably end up entering the Melee one, and probably also join the Smash 4 one just for fun since I'm not that great at that one (Although I'm not that great at melee either). Do they have GCN controller to Wii U ports there? I don't even have a Wii U, but I've played the 3ds version a little (compared to Melee and Variants of Brawl.).

Also, I have always been a Nintendo Gamer first, and PC gamer second, so it'll be interesting to see and try out those games if I get the chance, since I haven't actually played any of the ones listed there.
I don't think they have either the gamecube adaption or even the DLC's on their Wii U but i do have permission to bring my Wii U with my adapter and game cube controller and copy of the game. So we can play on that.

Tryst

Smash Ace
NNID
Skolar
3DS FC
2750-1644-8369
Thanks again for telling me about this, I went and it was super fun. I tied for 7th place in Melee but didn't have the money nor the skill to join Smash 4. Definitely looking forward to the next one in two weeks time.

Animegamingnerd

Smash Ace
Thanks again for telling me about this, I went and it was super fun. I tied for 7th place in Melee but didn't have the money nor the skill to join Smash 4. Definitely looking forward to the next one in two weeks time.
Sorry for the late reply but glad you could make t but i end up losing in both Melee matches i fought in but i got third place 4.

Tryst

Smash Ace
NNID
Skolar
3DS FC
2750-1644-8369
Sorry for the late reply but glad you could make t but i end up losing in both Melee matches i fought in but i got third place 4.
Hey, is there a tournament tomorrow (The 26th) do you know? It isn't listed on their facebook. Did they cancel it because of thanksgiving?

EDIT: Nevermind. It is on their Facebook page. Sorry for the alert.

Last edited:

borg

Smash Rookie
thank you so much t1mmy for the updated discord link. I am now joined with yall. *hugs. I will paste it again. If we could keep the link in all further posts so it is easy to find for smashers that would be cool. *waves ta ta for now

Oregon's Smash Discord Server
https://discordapp.com/invite/75vJ2gz

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I've been working on re-uploading some of my old videos and tournament games to my BitChute channel. (finding alternative media outlets other than the monopolistic ones is always a good idea).

For anyone that's interested you can find my channel here:

I post mostly Smash videos (recently added a number of Melee vids from 2006 to 2010), but I also have some Splatoon 2 on there as well.
Enjoy!

Edit:
Oh yeah, and here is the Oregon Smash Community's Discord Invite link:
https://discordapp.com/invite/75vJ2gz

Last edited:

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
As long as Smashboards doesn't sell out like Smashgg, Discord, etc, etc, etc, then I'll call it home.

Edit:
tbf, Discord hasn't (yet) been bought out by the likes of Microsoft. It's too big of a thing not to have caught the eye of someone though, and talk is it's happening sooner or later.

Last edited:

T0MMY

Smash Master
10 billion dollars might change things between Discord and M$.
The main issue holding the purchase back is that M$ has legal issues about buying up everything on this green earth.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
The ironic thing is how so many people went over to Discord from Skype because of how terrible Microsoft was. Now MS is basically just buying back their customers that they lost from their failures. How does a company that bad make enough money to stay afloat. XD

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
More events, more organization. Just in time for the nice travel weather.

Top Bottom