• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oregon Smash Community [OSC] - Oregon's official Smash Community est. 2005

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
That's good to hear you found some regulars in your area. I'm sure they're happy that you guys are running events near them. Are the results of the tournament posted anywhere?

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
It would be useful... if facebook didn't require me to log in just to look at the webpage.
Did you run your tournament with Challonge? If so, then you'd have the results online already.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Happy holidays to all the Oregon Smashers!
I hope to help out the OR Smash scene with where we'd like to go in the coming year - the sky isn't just the limit, there's a grand cosmos out there (we'll see how far that goes).

Sword Legion

Smash Rookie
I think this has been a good year for Smash4. Salem weeklies aren't the only consistent option anymore for players. It's been great seeing the meta game develop to something more solid, and the fact that more tournaments are popping up.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Salem is a really good meetup for weeklies for most of Oregon. I think the Portland area having weeklies on sunday is a great addition. Eugene has been having weeklies on friday, but I feel like it could be better oriented to a competitive scene.
One thing the Oregon community could benefit from is a reliable schedule of events. Few things help events for both TOs and competitors than a reliable series of events that are up to competitive standards.

somanymike

Smash Rookie
Salem is a really good meetup for weeklies for most of Oregon. I think the Portland area having weeklies on sunday is a great addition. Eugene has been having weeklies on friday, but I feel like it could be better oriented to a competitive scene.
One thing the Oregon community could benefit from is a reliable schedule of events. Few things help events for both TOs and competitors than a reliable series of events that are up to competitive standards.
Wait, Eugene has a weekly? Where's it at?

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Wait, Eugene has a weekly? Where's it at?
During the school year there's usually a get together Friday evenings at the Global Scholar Hall (around 6:00). Right now smashfests and events are a little sporadic in Eugene with an event being held last Saturday at Big City Gamin' and another one this coming Saturday. If they keep coming every weekend I'd call them weeklies at that point. Other than that, it's whenever any of us get together wherever and whenever.

Hyperkin1995

Smash Cadet
NNID
hyperkineticwun
I need a link too, but the last one didn't work XD, someone has to go to create a link and make a links that reads "discord.gg..." something iirc

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I need a link too, but the last one didn't work XD, someone has to go to create a link and make a links that reads "discord.gg..." something iirc
I'll see if I can get someone who knows what they're doing to come here and post a link.

Moss_El-Jefe

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4957-6472-0693
Where are the Portland weeklies at? And do they have Project M play?

Moss_El-Jefe

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4957-6472-0693
I know of PDX Dojo in Vancouver, but that is a SSB4 event. If you're looking for PM weeklies maybe check out the FaceBook group?
I had some success doing that, I found the PSU smash club, but I was unable to find anything past that in the way of weeklies and monthlies. I found fight or flight 6 too, but that's a yearly or something.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I had some success doing that, I found the PSU smash club, but I was unable to find anything past that in the way of weeklies and monthlies. I found fight or flight 6 too, but that's a yearly or something.
I don't hear much about weeklies in Portland-area outside of PDX Dojo. Fight or Flight is held at UO in Eugene, not in Portland, and since it's held at the school it's mostly scheduled around school stuff (like when students are away for holidays or busy with Mid-Terms/Finals). From what I hear there's a Fight or Flight coming up in February, though I don't have a URL link to give to you right now. Maybe do a search for it?

Last edited:

Moss_El-Jefe

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4957-6472-0693
I don't hear much about weeklies in Portland-area outside of PDX Dojo. Fight or Flight is held at UO in Eugene, not in Portland, and since it's held at the school it's mostly scheduled around school stuff (like when students are away for holidays or busy with Mid-Terms/Finals). From what I hear there's a Fight or Flight coming up in February, though I don't have a URL link to give to you right now. Maybe do a search for it?
I'm aware, and that's what I was talking about. I'll be driving (or rather, being driven) down to Eugene for the one in February. I could go to PDX Dojo and try to get some PM/Melee going. I can probably get to Vancouver pretty easily. Thanks for the help!

T0MMY

Smash Master
I'm aware, and that's what I was talking about. I'll be driving (or rather, being driven) down to Eugene for the one in February. I could go to PDX Dojo and try to get some PM/Melee going. I can probably get to Vancouver pretty easily. Thanks for the help!
Well, it is primarily a SSB4 crowd, but I was successful in getting PDX Dojo to agree to a Game & Wario event, but nobody had the game. Another Smash game is probably easier to garnet interest at a smash event, just be sure to bring a copy of the game X^D

Gengar99

Smash Rookie
Is there anyone in the Beaverton/Hillsboro area who wants to play melee? I'm mediocre at best but I just want to play.

Last edited:

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Is there anyone in the Beaverton/Hillsboro area who wants to play melee? I'm mediocre at best but I just want to play.
I'm pretty sure that if there is anyone in the Beaverton/Hillsboro area that plays Melee you can find them on the FaceBook Melee page.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Yo, anyone know if there's a Medford/Ashland scene?
Ask Dylan or Jim (aka Tasty or ThrillaGorilla). I don't know what social networking you use, but Jim was the Fox/Marth/DK player at FoF on Saturday if you happened to run into him. (Dylan didn't make it to FoF).

Last edited:

Jonix

Smash Cadet
NNID
JKshaw
I live near Grants Pass. I will travel to Medford if someone gets a tournament going. Contact me on facebook. Its easier for me to stay in contact. - Jon Shaw

Levitacus

Smash Rookie
NNID
Levitacus_WiiU
I live near Grants Pass. I will travel to Medford if someone gets a tournament going. Contact me on facebook. Its easier for me to stay in contact. - Jon Shaw
Yeah a friend and I were talking about maybe getting something together and seeing how much interest there is in the southern Oregon area. The problem is that we really have no clue how to set it up and have never done something like it before. P.S. Sorry about Snake.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Yeah a friend and I were talking about maybe getting something together and seeing how much interest there is in the southern Oregon area. The problem is that we really have no clue how to set it up and have never done something like it before.
The best way of learning how to run a tournament is just to run a local in your area. Find a place, post up date/time/location info, bring a setup, and that's about it. You can find others who have run tournaments before and ask questions. I've run plenty of tournaments; feel free to post any questions here.

Levitacus

Smash Rookie
NNID
Levitacus_WiiU
The best way of learning how to run a tournament is just to run a local in your area. Find a place, post up date/time/location info, bring a setup, and that's about it. You can find others who have run tournaments before and ask questions. I've run plenty of tournaments; feel free to post any questions here.
Oh sweet, thanks for the help! What kind of places are locals usually held? My friend suggested a hotel lobby or the like.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Oh sweet, thanks for the help! What kind of places are locals usually held?
The most accurate answer for where to get a venue: literally anywhere. As long as there's a roof overhead and electrical outlets and room enough for everyone, that's all you need. The best places are friendly businesses that are into gaming and/or events, especially those that can boost sales by having a larger customer base showing up regularly. As a gamer you probably already have some ideas of where to go.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Venues with large stages and laser/fog effects are nice as well.
Might want to keep the costs down a bit for the first go around though ;^D

The_SuperiorTaste

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheSuperiorTaste
3DS FC
0834-2018-7252
Levitacus Levitacus Hey you can reach me on Facebook - Dylan Fuller, there's also a Facebook Group page for southern Oregon: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1456110374620489/ I'm not usually on SmashBoards so Facebook is the best way to reach me. I'm free every other Fridays - Sundays (I'm free this weekend, next weekend I won't) and I play all smash games, so I'm down for whatever. There's also a weekly smash 64 smashfest on Sunday in Ashland.

T0MMY

Smash Master
I come back on here and find a PR, a parody PR, and a big discussion ignited.

This must be doing something right:
http://smashboards.com/threads/power-rankings-oregon-smash-for-wii-u-v1-1-4-updated-2-7-2016.430385/

... to get so many people motivated to talk about it.
There is no disadvantage to having options to look at info for Data PR and Opinion Pr - having two sets of information is only an advantage when looking at the strength of players.

There is also a very distinct difference between bringing up issues that can be fixed... and simply problem-mongering to attempt to eliminate informative data so mere opinion can be the dominating narrative. I will leave their posts as testament to their intentions. However, those kinds of tactics are not prerequisites for legitimate PRs and it will ultimately backfire.

Top Bottom