• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pacific West Orbitar: Ultimate every other Friday! (YOU MUST PREREGISTER)

Orbitar: Ultimate every other Friday! (YOU MUST PREREGISTER)
Posted by Cyrrona
GameWorks
Friday, February 7, 2020 - 05:30 PM
Until: Friday, February 7, 2020 - 11:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/Los_Angeles)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Los_Angeles

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Cyrrona

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cyrrona
is the tournament still going even with the bad weather?
Yep! GameWorks even has a generator to guard against power outages. No better place to weather a typhoon!

so when u go into game works u just say I'm here for the smash bros game and that's it
We're upstairs to the left of the entrance--directly above the restaurant area. If you ask an employee, they should be able to point you in the right direction as well.

Cyrrona

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cyrrona
Unfortunate news: GameWorks had another scheduling conflict, and this one runs further into our usual window. As a result, we're going to have to postpone Orbitar 14 until 11/11.

If you guys are looking for other Smash events around the area this Friday, I've heard GameClucks in Lynnwood is having a training night--check their FB for details!

tehopeologist

Smash Rookie
is tomorrow still on? just want to confirm because i think the last 2 times they've been cancelled and i don't want to drive into the city if it's cancelled again. thanks!

Cyrrona

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cyrrona
This Friday (12/9) will be the last Orbitar of 2016. Since Don't Park on the Grass (Washington's upcoming major) is right around the corner, we're mixing up our usual schedule and running Doubles again to help teams squeeze in a little more practice. Hope to see you all out there!

CommandAndCommentary

Smash Rookie
Dumb question I know but hopeful. Any chance I can pay with a card? I just moved to seattle and haven't gotten a bank account here. Atm fees are just robbery (thank you for letting me buy my own money). Or is any smasher kind enough to lend me the cash and I pay you back with purchases at venue? Thanks for the answer.

Last edited:

Cyrrona

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cyrrona
Dumb question I know but hopeful. Any chance I can pay with a card? I just moved to seattle and haven't gotten a bank account here. Atm fees are just robbery (thank you for letting me buy my own money). Or is any smasher kind enough to lend me the cash and I pay you back with purchases at venue? Thanks for the answer.
We can't take card, sorry. Someone might be able to spot you at the venue, but otherwise you'll have to bite the bullet and use one of the nearby ATMs.

CommandAndCommentary

Smash Rookie
We can't take card, sorry. Someone might be able to spot you at the venue, but otherwise you'll have to bite the bullet and use one of the nearby ATMs.
To be fair. I expected that. No worries. Unfortunately I forgot my controller and the transit from work to my place would already clock in at 6 p.m. I would be too late to enter. I'll try to catch the next one. Gg

Cyrrona

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cyrrona
We're back--come out and shake off the winter rust (frost?) with some peak PNW smash!

Our free special event this week is the 2017 CELEBRACKET, a tribute to the new year. The ruleset is identical to Singles, but Smash Balls are on and set to Medium. Break open a Smash Ball, obliterate stocks, and celebrate another year with this crazy game of ours. :)

TLJedi

Smash Rookie
So after 10PM, if you're still in bracket, do you have to forfeit and leave if you're under 18?

Cyrrona

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cyrrona
So after 10PM, if you're still in bracket, do you have to forfeit and leave if you're under 18?
Unfortunately, yes. We do our best to get through most of Singles before 10, but we can't guarantee we'll have everything wrapped up by then.

Cyrrona

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cyrrona
Just a reminder: GameWorks is using our usual space for Emerald City Comicon this Friday (3/3), so there isn't an Orbitar this week. We'll see you all again on 3/17!

Cyrrona

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cyrrona
This Friday features our first Arcadian! Only players who've never been featured on a regional PR are eligible to enter. We'll be running our standard Singles bracket for everyone afterward, so there'll be plenty of chances to Smash. Looking forward to seeing you all out there!

Also, based on community feedback, we'll be trying a slight variation on the recommended rule set. Duck Hunt is banned, mDSR is in effect, and Battlefield is considered separate from Dream Land; full details are on the event page. We'll test another slight variation next time.

I know this is dumb, but willl there be gamepads for use??
We'll have a few, but we can't guarantee each console will have fully charged ones throughout the night.

Cyrrona

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cyrrona
In light of strong community feedback and in line with other TOs across the region, Orbitar will now be running the PNW Smash 4 Modified Ruleset. Details are available here. (Basically, it's the same as the Recommended Ruleset but with Battlefield and Dream Land separated.)

Doubles is this week--see you all out there!

Cyrrona

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cyrrona
As a reminder, there's no Orbitar this Friday--our space is being reserved for another event. We'll see you all again on 4/28!

Cyrrona

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cyrrona
This Friday, we're running Stamina as our free Special Bracket--make sure you stop by for that and our usual Singles! More information's available at smash.gg/orbitar23.

Insomniknight

Smash Rookie
I can't wait to go to one of these. Never been to a major Smash tournament before. How many people usually show up to this place?

Cyrrona

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cyrrona
Apologies for the late announcement--it's been a crazy week. In anticipation of high turnout from players traveling for Port Priority the next day, we're only running Singles tonight, and it's starting at 6:30 PM. We'll have falln from SoCal as well as our usual WWA killers, and there'll be plenty of time for friendlies--make sure you swing by!

DarkestLaugh

Smash Rookie
Since I normally work Fridays I'll have to trade shifts with someone. Next one is on June 9th, right? 6/9/17?

LavaKid

Smash Rookie
hey I'm thinking about joining one of these but I'm concerned that I won't be able to stay the whole time since I'm under 18 years old.

Godii

Smash Rookie
How does registration work exactly? Do you register at smashgg or at gameworks itself since it says registration is open right before the actual tournament?

Cyrrona

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cyrrona
How does registration work exactly? Do you register at smashgg or at gameworks itself since it says registration is open right before the actual tournament?
You can pre-register on Smash.gg or sign up at the door--either way, though, we'll only take entry fees at the door.

hey I'm thinking about joining one of these but I'm concerned that I won't be able to stay the whole time since I'm under 18 years old.
We do try to finish most of bracket before 10 to minimize the impact of GameWorks' policy. I can't guarantee it won't come into play, but I can say that it hasn't created an issue so far.

Last edited:

DarkestLaugh

Smash Rookie
So thanks to a Independence Day miracle. It's looking the I will actually be able to get Friday 7/7 off. Basically, I offered to work the holiday for someone to get that day off. Hopefully this will still be going on that day. I do understand it is a ways away though.

DarkestLaugh

Smash Rookie
So thanks to a Independence Day miracle. It's looking the I will actually be able to get Friday 7/7 off. Basically, I offered to work the holiday for someone to get that day off. Hopefully this will still be going on that day. I do understand it is a ways away though.
Nevermind they canceled on me. -_-

Mini_Mac

Smash Apprentice
NNID
G_Czech
So this will be my first time bringing my system with the GC adapter and full DLC. Is that okay if I do so? I ask since the info on the first page says to let you guys know before hand.

Cyrrona

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cyrrona
So this will be my first time bringing my system with the GC adapter and full DLC. Is that okay if I do so? I ask since the info on the first page says to let you guys know before hand.
We're able to waive venue fees for the first ~10 setups that come in, so try to get in a little bit early if you're planning to bring something!

Also, though I'll be traveling...we're still on this week--doubles! Details are in the OP.

SuperCitty

Smash Rookie
I have never been to a smash tournament before and am thinking of trying this one. Is it ok if I'm not that good at smash 4?

Cyrrona

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cyrrona
This week marks the return of our free side brackets! We're running Amiibo Teams this time around--check the smash.gg link in the OP for more information.

I have never been to a smash tournament before and am thinking of trying this one. Is it ok if I'm not that good at smash 4?
Absolutely! We have a wide range of skill levels turn out, and our community is pretty welcoming. Setups will open up for friendlies partway through the night as well, so you'll still be able to Smash with some new faces even if you get eliminated from bracket. Hope to see you there!

SuperCitty

Smash Rookie
This week marks the return of our free side brackets! We're running Amiibo Teams this time around--check the smash.gg link in the OP for more information.

Absolutely! We have a wide range of skill levels turn out, and our community is pretty welcoming. Setups will open up for friendlies partway through the night as well, so you'll still be able to Smash with some new faces even if you get eliminated from bracket. Hope to see you there!
Great to know I'll try to make it Friday

DarkestLaugh

Smash Rookie
Hey, I wanted to know how many people are usually at these tournaments?
I've only managed to make it to one so far and there was over 60 people there easily, maybe over 70. From what I understand, that's the norm. It's pretty decently sized.

Apollo.

Smash Rookie
NNID
360DSI
3DS FC
3539-9675-0477
Hey so I have been looking for a tournament in the Seattle area, Im going to be visiting for 9 days (23rd through the 31st of August) and i wanted to know if there is going to be any Tournaments throughout those days. Ive been looking and haven't found any sadly if you know of a tournament around that time can you please let me know, Thanks.

Top Bottom