• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pacific West Orbitar: Ultimate every other Friday! (YOU MUST PREREGISTER)

Orbitar: Ultimate every other Friday! (YOU MUST PREREGISTER)
Posted by Cyrrona
GameWorks
Friday, February 7, 2020 - 05:30 PM
Until: Friday, February 7, 2020 - 11:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/Los_Angeles)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Los_Angeles

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Cyrrona

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cyrrona

Bring your controller out every other Friday for Orbitar, Seattle's preeminent Smash Ultimate bi-weekly, at GameWorks! PREREGISTRATION IS MANDATORY. Sign up at the smash.gg link below before 10 PM on Thursday the week of the event, then pay at the venue with cash! Our player cap is 160 entrants, so make sure you sign up promptly if you plan on going.

In addition to the bracket, we’ll have setups dedicated to friendlies. Smashers of all skill levels--and ages--are welcome! (Minors normally have to leave GameWorks at 10 PM, but anyone attending our event can stay for the whole duration!)

If you can’t make it out, you should be able to catch some of the action at twitch.tv/SatelliteSmash. VODs will later be uploaded to www.satellitesmash.com.

NOTE: Bringing a setup (console with all characters + GameCube adapter) that we use for bracket can lower your venue fee to $5. We can only discount fees while there are still open monitors to pair the consoles with, so make sure you get here early!

Now featuring: Orbitar 86 on 2/21!

Schedule
Setup from 5:30 PM - 6:20 PM PT, bracket from 6:30 PM - 10 PM PT

Entry
Venue: $10
Bracket: $5

Rules

Orbitar uses the stage list put forth in the WWA recommended ruleset. You can find a full listing of rules here.

Payout
Fewer than 80 entrants

• 1st: 50%
  • 2nd: 30%
  • 3rd: 20%
  • 4th: $10
80 or more entrants
  • 1st: 40%
  • 2nd: 20%
  • 3rd: 15%
  • 4th: 10%
  • 5th: 5%, 5%
  • 7th: 2.5%, 2.5%

Last edited:

T0MMY

Smash Master
Sounds like this tournament is well organized, fully supported by the community, and has a great ruleset for competition. Wish I knew about it a little earlier, would love to support a Mii-friendly event!

Cyrrona

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cyrrona
Thanks! We're definitely off to a good start. The tournament recurs every other week, so there should be more opportunities for you coming up. :)

Last edited:

Egg.

Smash Journeyman
So the next one is Friday of next week? I've been wanting to go another tourney but haven't had the time, but luckily I'm on break soon! It would be nice if it was a bit earlier in the day since I'm across the lake, but I might be able to make it.

Luigiguy42

Smash Cadet
This seems like a lot of fun! I've never been to a smash tourney before! Unfortunately I have something going on next weekend and the next weekend is my birthday, but I definitely will be sure to check it out sometime when I have the chance!

PS: I don't play Ness

Cyrrona

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cyrrona
Registration is at the door and capped at 64, and yep--the next Orbitar is one week from now on Friday, 12/18. Hope to see you guys out there! Based on the feedback we've gotten so far, everyone's really enjoying the series. :)

Last edited:

Zmadness

Smash Rookie
NNID
Coagulon
While I've been playing Smash all my life, I'm very new to the competitive scene and I'm eager to learn more from veteran players!

Luigiguy42

Smash Cadet
It's kind of sad this is the closest tourney to me considering its 50 min away. I live in Everett and there's like no tourneys near me. :c

This seems like a great tourney and I hope you guys get a great turnout, but I can't go.

garbonz

Smash Rookie
i will definitely be attending this, made an account just to post here- are any controllers allowed?

from Auburn, never been to a tournament before but none of my friends really play smash so I'm hoping to find cool people to play with who enjoy the game as much as I do.

Cyrrona

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cyrrona
i will definitely be attending this, made an account just to post here- are any controllers allowed?

from Auburn, never been to a tournament before but none of my friends really play smash so I'm hoping to find cool people to play with who enjoy the game as much as I do.
Yep, all controllers are allowed!

TTGLViral

Smash Rookie
It's kind of sad this is the closest tourney to me considering its 50 min away. I live in Everett and there's like no tourneys near me. :c

This seems like a great tourney and I hope you guys get a great turnout, but I can't go.
There is a weekly smash tournament every monday for melee, PM, and Smash 4 at game clucks in lynnwood.

Papyrus

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jetmat117
Cyrrona Cyrrona this event sounds awesome! Planning to show up this Friday. Do you know where most people park for this event? I don't live in Seattle so I'm not too familiar with the area, not to mention Capital Hill parking can be a nightmare.

Cyrrona

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cyrrona
Cyrrona Cyrrona this event sounds awesome! Planning to show up this Friday. Do you know where most people park for this event? I don't live in Seattle so I'm not too familiar with the area, not to mention Capital Hill parking can be a nightmare.
Paid street parking is available around the venue itself, but you'll only need to pay for about an hour--it becomes free after 8pm. If you're looking for a more defined lot, the Washington State Convention Center is just a quick walk away. Looking forward to seeing you there!

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
I'm going to try my hardest to make it! I'm looking forward to seeing you guys!

pseudonym

Smash Rookie
heyo, I'm really interested in attending this local one day, but I have a few questions I would like to ask:

1) Is there any way the results/stats of each local can be published?
2) What are the payout percentages for the winner and runner-ups?
3) Are matches able to be uploaded onto YouTube? (other than watching the Twitch VOD)
4) Could one play on the Wii U Gamepad for bracket matches?
5) Is there an age limit?

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
I had a lot of fun yesterday! I lost a couple of heartbreakers, but it was an exciting time and I met a lot of really cool people! If anyone ever wants to play some casuals or just say hi, please don't hesitate to drop me a note. =)

It's a bit of a drive for me to get up to Seattle, but I look forward to the next time I'm able to be there!

Cyrrona

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cyrrona
heyo, I'm really interested in attending this local one day, but I have a few questions I would like to ask:

1) Is there any way the results/stats of each local can be published?
2) What are the payout percentages for the winner and runner-ups?
3) Are matches able to be uploaded onto YouTube? (other than watching the Twitch VOD)
4) Could one play on the Wii U Gamepad for bracket matches?
5) Is there an age limit?
1) We post the results on facebook after each event, but we'll look into getting those scores over here as well in the future.
2) We pay out to 4th--it's usually along the lines of 50%/30%/15%/5%.
3) They aren't at the moment, but we're aiming to work up to this eventually.
4) Yep.
5) Nope.

Hope to see you out at one sometime!

Cyrrona

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cyrrona
Quick update: We're moving to second and fourth Fridays to better accommodate other tournaments in the Seattle metro area. We're also rolling back the bracket start time to 7:00 PM and lowering our registration cap, though the latter is subject to change depending on the number of setups the community can provide. We're looking forward to implementing these tweaks at our next event (still on 1/22)--make sure you're there in time to register!

Last edited:

Cyrrona

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cyrrona
Quick update: If anyone plans to bring a setup, please let us know what we can expect by adding it to this Google doc. We'll be using this to coordinate setups moving forward. Thanks, and looking forward to seeing new faces out here!

EDIT: Registration cap has been loosened to 64 thanks to the community's setup contributions. Thanks, everyone! If we get 2 more, we'll be able to remove the cap entirely.

Last edited:

Xygonn

Smash Ace
NNID
xygonn
Finally making it to my first local. No more wifi warrior only for me. See you guys on the 12th. I might be able to bring a full setup.

Luigiguy42

Smash Cadet
Considering the fact that Corrin and Bayonetta have been confirmed for release on Feb 3rd, are you going to allow them on the 12th or are you going to wait until one of the later events to allow them?

ArNoh

Smash Rookie
NNID
ArthNosen
3DS FC
4613-8119-5573
[calendar]821[/calendar]
Is it okay if I don't have these rules completely memorized by the day of the tournament? I'm talking about the Rock Paper Scissors thing. This will be my first ever tournament and I might not know some of the rules by heart.

Luigiguy42

Smash Cadet
Is it okay if I don't have these rules completely memorized by the day of the tournament? I'm talking about the Rock Paper Scissors thing. This will be my first ever tournament and I might not know some of the rules by heart.
Im sure that some of the more experienced players would be more than happy to explain when the time comes.

Cyrrona

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cyrrona
Considering the fact that Corrin and Bayonetta have been confirmed for release on Feb 3rd, are you going to allow them on the 12th or are you going to wait until one of the later events to allow them?
We plan to allow them on the 12th. :)

And yes, ArNoh ArNoh , feel free to ask if you're unsure of anything. The community is pretty friendly--they'll help you out!

Last edited:

Xygonn

Smash Ace
NNID
xygonn
We plan to allow them on the 12th. :)

And yes, ArNoh ArNoh , feel free to ask if you're unsure of anything. The community is pretty friendly--they'll help you out!
I'll be bringing a setup and it will have Bayo and Corrin available if that matters.

ArNoh

Smash Rookie
NNID
ArthNosen
3DS FC
4613-8119-5573
Also, do you have gamecube adapters or do I have to bring mine?
I'm pretty sure they will have their own. People bring them in. However, you can still being yours in to waver the price fee.

ArNoh

Smash Rookie
NNID
ArthNosen
3DS FC
4613-8119-5573
Is there any chance we can get playercams during this Friday's tournament?

Top Bottom