• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Orange Star's Hyperactive Whiz Kid! - Andy For Smash Ultimate! We'll Live To Fight Another Day...

Favorite Advance Wars Game (Not Including pre-AW and Battalion Wars)

• Total voters

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I already filled out that "State of the Switch" thingy.

Picking between Golden Sun and Advance Wars was very difficult. Ultimately I wrote Golden Sun, but at the end there was a place where you could write in any other comments you wanted, and I mentioned bringing back Advance Wars in there.
That's cool. Golden Sun is another series that deserves to return and with the Switch being JRPG heaven, there's no reason for GS not to return. Aside from Advance Wars, Golden Sun is the series I want to see return the most on the Switch.

Andy & Isaac GBA Bros for life :shades:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I just voted for both AW and GS, and also F-Zero.

Yeah I’m a cheater.
I didn't vote for F-Zero but I did select "revival of older IP's like F-Zero" VS "newer IP's like Splatoon". Because we need more older IP's returning VS newer one's IMO.

That and I think it's time for F-Zero to get it's chance to thrive on the Switch after being gone for so long. Although I think we're still years away from that happening.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I didn't vote for F-Zero but I did select "revival of older IP's like F-Zero" VS "newer IP's like Splatoon". Because we need more older IP's returning VS newer one's IMO.

That and I think it's time for F-Zero to get it's chance to thrive on the Switch after being gone for so long. Although I think we're still years away from that happening.
That one was a tough question because I love when Nintendo gets all experimental and creates new IP (I’m loving the big stuff like Splatoon and ARMS and the little stuff like Snipperclips and BoxBoy that they’ve put out recently). But the downside is all of their forgotten IPs are those same experimental attempts from the past, and the new ones are bound to become forgotten as well, and that just creates a huge backlog.

As for F-Zero returning, I don’t know if we’re that far away. I’m kind of expecting either it or AW to show up at any E3.

SPEN18

Smash Lord
That one was a tough question because I love when Nintendo gets all experimental and creates new IP (I’m loving the big stuff like Splatoon and ARMS and the little stuff like Snipperclips and BoxBoy that they’ve put out recently). But the downside is all of their forgotten IPs are those same experimental attempts from the past, and the new ones are bound to become forgotten as well, and that just creates a huge backlog.
I had much the same sentiment when I saw that question.

I ended up voting for the old franchises, though. If there's a new Advance Wars or F-Zero, say, then we kinda know generally what we're getting, whereas new IPs are a little more uncertain.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
So, according to the latest PushDustin tweet, the spirit team chooses spirits based on two criteria; whether they're able to legally have access to them, and whether they can find their artwork. If neither condition is met, they won't be considered.

So, how in the name of Green Earth are you incompetent enough to find Andy and Olaf, but not many of the other COs?

Seeing as Splatoon's success may be flash in the pan, I'm glad it got into Smash as soon as it did. I wouldn't feel too bad about them skipping out on non-Inkling characters afterwards.

Though I'm more worried about ARMS, seeing as it got nothing beyond ATs and spirits.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
So, according to the latest PushDustin tweet, the spirit team chooses spirits based on two criteria; whether they're able to legally have access to them, and whether they can find their artwork. If neither condition is met, they won't be considered.

So, how in the name of Green Earth are you incompetent enough to find Andy and Olaf, but not many of the other COs?

Seeing as Splatoon's success may be flash in the pan, I'm glad it got into Smash as soon as it did. I wouldn't feel too bad about them skipping out on non-Inkling characters afterwards.

Though I'm more worried about ARMS, seeing as it got nothing beyond ATs and spirits.
If there’s an ARMS 2, it should be good to go for Smash 6. (Please give us ARMS 2 Nintendo, make a story mode and that’s just perfect ARMS)

I’m honestly more concerned about Xenoblade in Smash. I get the feeling that they might go the Final Fantasy/Shin Megami Tensei/Dragon Quest? route and only represent the most iconic game in the franchise.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

As for F-Zero returning, I don’t know if we’re that far away. I’m kind of expecting either it or AW to show up at any E3.
Meh. I'm not really big on most of their new IP's and I would much rather them return to the series people love and adore that have had a tough break in the 2010's. Advance Wars, Golden Sun, F-Zero, etc.

It's just that I see F-Zero having a harder time returning than say Golden Sun or even Advance Wars. It seems Nintendo is content on giving Mario Kart "F-Zero-like mechanics" for the time being. Although I fully expect it to return before the Switch is done.
I had much the same sentiment when I saw that question.

I ended up voting for the old franchises, though. If there's a new Advance Wars or F-Zero, say, then we kinda know generally what we're getting, whereas new IPs are a little more uncertain.
This is another good point. New IP's are more of a chance than established ones. And in the case of Advance Wars, it's proven to still be profitable in the year 2019 as seen with Wargroove's success.

I guess they thought 4 was enough. Which IMO isn't considering Wars is more deserving of that but it is what it is I suppose. At least they came true for our boy.
If there’s an ARMS 2, it should be good to go for Smash 6. (Please give us ARMS 2 Nintendo, make a story mode and that’s just perfect ARMS)

I’m honestly more concerned about Xenoblade in Smash. I get the feeling that they might go the Final Fantasy/Shin Megami Tensei/Dragon Quest? route and only represent the most iconic game in the franchise.
Sakurai kinda alluded to Rex/Pyra and Spring-Man being cases of bad timing so I would think both series have a good shot for Smash 6. ARMS however, only if it continues getting new games.

Last edited:

SPEN18

Smash Lord
Sakurai kinda alluded to Rex/Pyra and Spring-Man being cases of bad timing so I would think both series have a good shot for Smash 6. ARMS however, only if it continues getting new games.
I don't buy the "bad timing" excuse. I don't see why they couldn't have just added these characters to the Fighters Pass, and even if that was decided too early for these characters then there's still nothing stopping them from being added as standalones or as part of a second wave. If they were really that important to Sakurai and/or Nintendo, they'd be DLC, especially since they're demanded and popular enough to sell well.

I think it's more that Sakurai and/or Nintendo only view Xenoblade and ARMS as being moderately important. There's a severe lack of Xenoblade X content and Xenoblade 2 missed the cut on both PCs and Assists. ARMS got an assist, but the number of Spirits was only on par with stuff like Rhythm Heaven and Golden Sun. ARMS did well but it didn't light it up so to speak, so I don't think that Sakurai would've necessarily wanted a full PC for it even if the timing was good. So I wouldn't be so sure on either series for Smash 6.

Basically, the problem for them in DLC is that their games have been out for awhile and so promotion through Smash likely wouldn't push many more sales. It's easy to pass this off as "bad timing" but I think it's a bigger problem than that; it's that Xenoblade 2 and ARMS aren't considered big enough games for Nintendo to want to push them unless it's an opportune time. This doesn't bode well for Smash 6 either because you're basically relying on the release schedule lining up right for both series, assuming ARMS even gets a sequel.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I don't buy the "bad timing" excuse. I don't see why they couldn't have just added these characters to the Fighters Pass, and even if that was decided too early for these characters then there's still nothing stopping them from being added as standalones or as part of a second wave. If they were really that important to Sakurai and/or Nintendo, they'd be DLC, especially since they're demanded and popular enough to sell well.

I think it's more that Sakurai and/or Nintendo only view Xenoblade and ARMS as being moderately important. There's a severe lack of Xenoblade X content and Xenoblade 2 missed the cut on both PCs and Assists. ARMS got an assist, but the number of Spirits was only on par with stuff like Rhythm Heaven and Golden Sun. ARMS did well but it didn't light it up so to speak, so I don't think that Sakurai would've necessarily wanted a full PC for it even if the timing was good. So I wouldn't be so sure on either series for Smash 6.

Basically, the problem for them in DLC is that their games have been out for awhile and so promotion through Smash likely wouldn't push many more sales. It's easy to pass this off as "bad timing" but I think it's a bigger problem than that; it's that Xenoblade 2 and ARMS aren't considered big enough games for Nintendo to want to push them unless it's an opportune time. This doesn't bode well for Smash 6 either because you're basically relying on the release schedule lining up right for both series, assuming ARMS even gets a sequel.
Dude Fire Emblem and Xenoblade both got characters when neither series was doing that great. ARMS and XC2 have done so much better than both. I really doubt there's any kind of perception like that. I'm willing to take Sakurai at his word for that. It sounded like he wanted both those characters in Ultimate but the timing was bad.

And as for the Fighter's Pass, both characters game's were too old for any promotion at that point. Most of Smash DLC is third-party anyways.

SPEN18

Smash Lord
Dude Fire Emblem and Xenoblade both got characters when neither series was doing that great. ARMS and XC2 have done so much better than both
This is a good point, though ARMS and Xeno2 don't have the history that FE had when it got added in Melee. I guess Ike kinda sticks out since his games sold pretty poorly, but still 2 reps in Brawl for a series that had almost ten entries wasn't overdoing it. Everything after that came when FE was doing really well. Shulk being in 4 was an oddity according to Sakurai; he seemed to indicate that Xenoblade was the type of series that rarely gets added. And that definitely has to do with a lack of Rex in DLC; if Shulk is a "rarity" then it's fairly unlikely that Sakurai would add another character of the same ilk.

And as for the Fighter's Pass, both characters game's were too old for any promotion at that point. Most of Smash DLC is third-party anyways.
That's a big part of the point. They were good candidates to Sakurai in the first place largely because they were new and riding a wave of popularity. Once that dies down, Nintendo isn't gonna push for them in DLC. Similarly, if their release timelines don't line up for Smash 6 then it's hard to see them being added. Even if they make an ARMS sequel but it's released multiple years before the next hypothetical project plan then you still gotta squint to see Spring Man in 6.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
That's a big part of the point. They were good candidates to Sakurai in the first place largely because they were new and riding a wave of popularity. Once that dies down, Nintendo isn't gonna push for them in DLC. Similarly, if their release timelines don't line up for Smash 6 then it's hard to see them being added. Even if they make an ARMS sequel but it's released multiple years before the next hypothetical project plan then you still gotta squint to see Spring Man in 6.
Yeah, that's the thing. ARMS could end up being the next Ouendan/Elite Beat Agents and lord knows how dead in the water they are. Even Lanky Kong would be likelier than them at that point.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
This is a good point, though ARMS and Xeno2 don't have the history that FE had when it got added in Melee. I guess Ike kinda sticks out since his games sold pretty poorly, but still 2 reps in Brawl for a series that had almost ten entries wasn't overdoing it. Everything after that came when FE was doing really well. Shulk being in 4 was an oddity according to Sakurai; he seemed to indicate that Xenoblade was the type of series that rarely gets added. And that definitely has to do with a lack of Rex in DLC; if Shulk is a "rarity" then it's fairly unlikely that Sakurai would add another character of the same ilk.

Well I mean if the No. of games were the selling point, then Andy would have been in Smash a long time ago. The fact that Sakurai goes out of his way to say that he couldn't get Rex on time is enough to chalk it up to bad timing. Spring-Man as well though maybe he would have been a bit lower priority than Rex.
Yeah, that's the thing. ARMS could end up being the next Ouendan/Elite Beat Agents and lord knows how dead in the water they are. Even Lanky Kong would be likelier than them at that point.
Well IDK about the status of ARMS but I think it'll get a sequel sooner or later. It did something like 2 million units right? I'm hard pressed to see it not getting one.

SPEN18

Smash Lord
Well I mean if the No. of games were the selling point, then Andy would have been in Smash a long time ago. The fact that Sakurai goes out of his way to say that he couldn't get Rex on time is enough to chalk it up to bad timing. Spring-Man as well though maybe he would have been a bit lower priority than Rex
I mean, it's not just the quantity of games but FE was pretty established by the time it was added. Andy has different problems such as being less prominent in JP.
Sakurai's logic for Rex is fine for base roster, but for DLC, idk. Maybe they made plans pretty early, but Xeno2 has been out for a while now. Given that Joker was presumably nowhere near complete when he was revealed and that the rest of the characters are likely not very far into development, I don't see why they couldn't have course-corrected for Rex if they wanted. If he misses the boat for DLC, as it seems to be the case, it's no longer a fault in timing. Rex is an established character now. Only thing he no longer has is the same degree of relevancy, and if that is what puts him out of the running then it's a fault in the character selection process rather than "oh he had bad timing." If the game's been out for as long as it has, who cares anymore? The character is available for use, and we know how well his game did critically and sales-wise, so opting not to use him is a conscious decision.
Keep in mind that this doesn't have to do with my personal views on Rex. I'm not especially attached to him, but while timing may have messed up his base roster chances I don't think that's the right scapegoat if he misses out on DLC.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I mean, it's not just the quantity of games but FE was pretty established by the time it was added. Andy has different problems such as being less prominent in JP.
Sakurai's logic for Rex is fine for base roster, but for DLC, idk. Maybe they made plans pretty early, but Xeno2 has been out for a while now. Given that Joker was presumably nowhere near complete when he was revealed and that the rest of the characters are likely not very far into development, I don't see why they couldn't have course-corrected for Rex if they wanted. If he misses the boat for DLC, as it seems to be the case, it's no longer a fault in timing. Rex is an established character now. Only thing he no longer has is the same degree of relevancy, and if that is what puts him out of the running then it's a fault in the character selection process rather than "oh he had bad timing." If the game's been out for as long as it has, who cares anymore? The character is available for use, and we know how well his game did critically and sales-wise, so opting not to use him is a conscious decision.
Keep in mind that this doesn't have to do with my personal views on Rex. I'm not especially attached to him, but while timing may have messed up his base roster chances I don't think that's the right scapegoat if he misses out on DLC.
I just take it as a scenario where Rex was too late to be promoted and that they had other plans for DLC and the Fighter Pass. Unfortunately, 1st party characters are usually lower priority and DLC is very 3rd party centric. Had Sakurai had the chance, he would have no doubt gotten Rex on the roster.

And for that matter, i'm willing to go out on a limb and say most 1st party characters don't stand a chance outside promotional means. A few exceptions here and there like Bandana Dee. Very popular in the West & Japan in addition to being apart of an ongoing, successful franchise. Hence why Andy's only hope for DLC is for there to be an AW game in development that Sakurai knew beforehand to promote (i.e. a 2020 AW game).

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I just take it as a scenario where Rex was too late to be promoted and that they had other plans for DLC and the Fighter Pass. Unfortunately, 1st party characters are usually lower priority and DLC is very 3rd party centric. Had Sakurai had the chance, he would have no doubt gotten Rex on the roster.

And for that matter, i'm willing to go out on a limb and say most 1st party characters don't stand a chance outside promotional means. A few exceptions here and there like Bandana Dee. Very popular in the West & Japan in addition to being apart of an ongoing, successful franchise. Hence why Andy's only hope for DLC is for there to be an AW game in development that Sakurai knew beforehand to promote (i.e. a 2020 AW game).
If DLC for Ultimate is supposed to be based on third parties from Japan, if they get past one pass they'll gradually scrape the bottom of the barrel pretty quickly, going from lesser-iconic series to straight-up dead ones. And that's if they keep just going for main characters.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
If DLC for Ultimate is supposed to be based on third parties from Japan, if they get past one pass they'll gradually scrape the bottom of the barrel pretty quickly, going from lesser-iconic series to straight-up dead ones. And that's if they keep just going for main characters.
Not necessarily all third party. Just third party dominate the DLC roster. It used to be veteran fighters, third-parties, and promotional characters but with "Everyone is Here!" it's definitely been shifted towards third parties.

And given a Microsoft character is strongly hinted as DLC, the trend of 3rd parties only being Japanese looks to be broken soon.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Not necessarily all third party. Just third party dominate the DLC roster. It used to be veteran fighters, third-parties, and promotional characters but with "Everyone is Here!" it's definitely been shifted towards third parties.

And given a Microsoft character is strongly hinted as DLC, the trend of 3rd parties only being Japanese looks to be broken soon.
With any luck, maybe. Only problem is it's hard to see who will be in here on behalf of Microsoft until Summer, Fall or Winter happens. Banjo? Steve? Master Chief? Cuphead? A car from Forza?

Only joking about that last one, although there has been one fighting game with a car as a character.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
With any luck, maybe. Only problem is it's hard to see who will be in here on behalf of Microsoft until Summer, Fall or Winter happens. Banjo? Steve? Master Chief? Cuphead? A car from Forza?

Only joking about that last one, although there has been one fighting game with a car as a character.
Watch it actually be Xbox Avatars as Echo Fighters of the Mii Fighters all along. :laugh:

But for real, it's either Steve or Banjo. And while i'm always #TeamBanjo, i'm willing to say it's 90-10 Steve is in this game.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Watch it actually be Xbox Avatars as Echo Fighters of the Mii Fighters all along. :laugh:

But for real, it's either Steve or Banjo. And while i'm always #TeamBanjo, i'm willing to say it's 90-10 Steve is in this game.
Well, we'll see. Steve seems so utterly bizarre enough that I honestly wonder how his framerate could be isolated enough to make it work and not come off as uncanny-looking, never mind all the blocky polygon manipulation. Compared to him, Mr. Game & Watch is much easier, since the guy is flat and has limited frames.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Well, we'll see. Steve seems so utterly bizarre enough that I honestly wonder how his framerate could be isolated enough to make it work and not come off as uncanny-looking, never mind all the blocky polygon manipulation. Compared to him, Mr. Game & Watch is much easier, since the guy is flat and has limited frames.
I actually haven't played Minecraft so I wouldn't know for sure. Sakurai can make practically anything work if he wants to anyways.

Hence why making a moveset for Andy shouldn't be a problem. A lot of us were able to do that pretty easily.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well, given how Ridley needed enough legroom to work, sometimes things aren't as clear-cut as they seem to be.

It's really apples and oranges, since movesets are the easiest part of a character. We still have no idea what Sakurai's idea of "realisable for DLC" is, as far as resources go.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Well, given how Ridley needed enough legroom to work, sometimes things aren't as clear-cut as they seem to be.

It's really apples and oranges, since movesets are the easiest part of a character. We still have no idea what Sakurai's idea of "realisable for DLC" is, as far as resources go.
Was there ever any different criteria laid out for DLC? Because his criteria usually applies for any inclusion IIRC. Although like I said, it's a hurdle for some characters to be included as DLC (not moveset wise but just being in the game).

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Was there ever any different criteria laid out for DLC? Because his criteria usually applies for any inclusion IIRC. Although like I said, it's a hurdle for some characters to be included as DLC (not moveset wise but just being in the game).
Not that I know of, but for this round Sak had said this:
I decide if we can create a fighter based on their selection, then come up with the plan
"If we can" seems to imply that something could get in the way, like development limitations. And if he plans for all of the pass' characters to be revealed by February 2020, it's obvious that at least some of them will have to use characters in the game as base models to reconfigure for this purpose.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Not that I know of, but for this round Sak had said this:

"If we can" seems to imply that something could get in the way, like development limitations. And if he plans for all of the pass' characters to be revealed by February 2020, it's obvious that at least some of them will have to use characters in the game as base models to reconfigure for this purpose.
I take it he meant all of the DLC characters released by February 2020. That's what was said before IIRC.

I suppose there is some limitations but Sakurai has shown times past he can come up with something for just about anyone. Villager & Ridley who he couldn't envision a moveset or thought they couldn't be implemented properly.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Then in that case, would he simply accept Nintendo's five first suggestions right off the bat?

Sometimes, even if some characters have all the most logical reasons in the world and have all sorts of things lining up to get in, in spite of it all they just simply don't. There's a reason why there still isn't a Tekken character, for instance, even though Bamco is helping with Smash on the onset.

As such, it's likely that Steve can get in, but just as likely that he can't. There are reasons that characters aren't able to get in that we aren't privy to, so it's not always so simple.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Then in that case, would he simply accept Nintendo's five first suggestions right off the bat?

Sometimes, even if some characters have all the most logical reasons in the world and have all sorts of things lining up to get in, in spite of it all they just simply don't. There's a reason why there still isn't a Tekken character, for instance, even though Bamco is helping with Smash on the onset.

As such, it's likely that Steve can get in, but just as likely that he can't. There are reasons that characters aren't able to get in that we aren't privy to, so it's not always so simple.
Although if Nintendo asked Sakurai to make an exception with characters he can't see working in Smash, i'm sure he would do it. Like how fan demand got Ridley in despite the size issue he faced. If enough pressure is made by Nintendo and whatever other company, i'm sure something would work out.

now we gotta become lobbyists for Andy :shades:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Sakurai would probably not have any issue coming up with a moveset for Steve, but imo he’d find it nearly impossible to find a way to make him move naturally.

His comments about characters being realizable probably refer to the character not being too gimmicky. Compare base roster Smash 4 characters (Rosaluma, Shulk, Duck Hunt) with the DLC characters (Ryu, Cloud, Corrin) and I think it’s evident the DLC characters are less gimmicky (or overpowered)

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Sakurai would probably not have any issue coming up with a moveset for Steve, but imo he’d find it nearly impossible to find a way to make him move naturally.

His comments about characters being realizable probably refer to the character not being too gimmicky. Compare base roster Smash 4 characters (Rosaluma, Shulk, Duck Hunt) with the DLC characters (Ryu, Cloud, Corrin) and I think it’s evident the DLC characters are less gimmicky (or overpowered)
At the same time though, a lot of those Smash 4 DLC characters had mechanics exclusive to them. Ryu had like a bunch of directional inputs no other character could do and Cloud had his own Limit Break system. Not to mention Witch Time stuff with Bayonetta.

Should Steve be included, he'll def fall in line with those characters. And hypothetically if Andy were included, he would still be able to have his unique fund system included in his moveset.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Very likely he did. You gotta have a good reason if you're gonna say "no" to your higher-up's suggestion
And even more so in a country like Japan that shames people for speaking out against their boss. Although Sakurai has enough respect in the company to have creative input on some of the choices. Maybe the lower ones who weren't as prioritized as the big characters they wanted.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Still waiting for the day IS takes note of Wargroove's success.

Seriously, they really shouldn't be sleeping on this at all. Like it's one of the very big points that a Wars style game would sell well in today's time. They just have to simply try it. They did say that they wanted to do Wars some time after Fates, but that was in an interview years ago. IMO actions speak louder than words.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Wargroove's success is really a blessing for us because before that, we had no empirical sales data as proof that Advance Wars could succeed in today's day and age and most of the AW-inspired indies weren't much to write home about even if they were good/decent games. I believe that's going to help us in the long run of getting this series revived.

Not to mention how long Wargroove spent at the top of the Switch E-Shop charts. I'm still amazed how it did so well not even accounting for sales on the X1/PC version.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I’m glad it was Wargroove that broke the bank. I’d argue that if Into the Breach or Tiny Metal had been the ones that did as well, it wouldn’t be as evident that AW has a hungry audience. With Wargroove, even though it’s a medieval-set game, it’s still incredibly obvious about its influences and wears them on its sleeve. Thus nobody can really deny that the market is there (whereas the other two games might have provided plausible deniability).

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Well Wargroove has a medieval-like setting although it's AW influences can't be denied. The way the game plays is literally AW-incarnate only with it's own unique touch to it. Hence why people love the game and the critical acclaim it's got from critics.

The fact that Wargroove was both a commercial and critical success at that is even more of a blessing for all of us and AW's prospects of returning. Good on Chucklefish for making this game.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Well Wargroove has a medieval-like setting although it's AW influences can't be denied. The way the game plays is literally AW-incarnate only with it's own unique touch to it. Hence why people love the game and the critical acclaim it's got from critics.

The fact that Wargroove was both a commercial and critical success at that is even more of a blessing for all of us and AW's prospects of returning. Good on Chucklefish for making this game.
Exactly, the succcess of this game bodes very well for Wars. It’s just a matter of IS actually looking at this and seeing it as a sign.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
So with the Smash Direct most likely coming in April, do you think there's a chance of us getting Advance Wars Mii Costumes?

And if so, who should be the Mii Costume(s) sold? I think it should come in a set with Andy (Mii Swordfighter) and the Infantry unit (Mii Gunner). The Andy Miii Costume would use his wrenches instead of the usual sword.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So with the Smash Direct most likely coming in April, do you think there's a chance of us getting Advance Wars Mii Costumes?

And if so, who should be the Mii Costume(s) sold? I think it should come in a set with Andy (Mii Swordfighter) and the Infantry unit (Mii Gunner). The Andy Miii Costume would use his wrenches instead of the usual sword.
The two you mentioned has the likeliest chance of even happening if we get AW costumes in Smash. They are very great ideas though, I can see a Infantry soldier using a bazooka for the gun.

Another idea I had was Sami being the gunner instead with Max as a Brawler. The closest we will get for a playable Max.

#MaxBreaksIntoBattle

Top Bottom