Orange Star's Hyperactive Whiz Kid!- Andy For Smash Ultimate! Wargroove Comes Out Feb 1st

Favorite Advance Wars Game (Not Including pre-AW and Battalion Wars)

• Total voters
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Now THIS is good news.

I hope IS serious takes a look at this, this is all the proof we need that Wars and FE can easily coexist with each other. Both fulfill a different niche and can be just as big if they can even try. All they need to do is bring back the same style and tone as the GBA games and go from there.

Ura

Advance Wars is the new Mother 3
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Now THIS is good news.

I hope IS serious takes a look at this, this is all the proof we need that Wars and FE can easily coexist with each other. Both fulfill a different niche and can be just as big if they can even try. All they need to do is bring back the same style and tone as the GBA games and go from there.
Huge indeed. Even more so considering Fortnite is a free game.

Realistically speaking, sales for Wargroove has to be in the million range to nearly top the Switch Eshop charts right? At the very least, it has to be in the millions accounting for not only Switch sales but Xbox One and PC sales units as well.

And if that's the case then holy smokes. The best selling Advance Wars game only did 700K units (given it was a time when TBS games weren't popular in the West) so that's a massive step up. And it also shows that there's a huge untapped market for this genre that Nintendo/Intelligent Systems hasn't tapped in to or are otherwise not acknowledging. Hopefully that won't be the case anymore as I mentioned before.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Master
Huge indeed. Even more so considering Fortnite is a free game.

Realistically speaking, sales for Wargroove has to be in the million range to nearly top the Switch Eshop charts right? At the very least, it has to be in the millions accounting for not only Switch sales but Xbox One and PC sales units as well.

And if that's the case then holy smokes. The best selling Advance Wars game only did 700K units (given it was a time when TBS games weren't popular in the West) so that's a massive step up. And it also shows that there's a huge untapped market for this genre that Nintendo/Intelligent Systems hasn't tapped in to or are otherwise not acknowledging. Hopefully that won't be the case anymore as I mentioned before.
At this point I'm actually concerned that IS doesn't think they can compete with Wargroove. Talk about a runaway success.

3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
At this point I'm actually concerned that IS doesn't think they can compete with Wargroove. Talk about a runaway success.
That is a concern I have as well.

While Wargroove is AW's savior, it could be something not even IS's Wars game would hold a candlel too if they tried. But I have faith that they can go back to the roots and try something that can be as good as it.

Last edited:

SPEN18

Smash Ace
A new Advance Wars game would probably get a higher budget than Wargroove (IS is a respectably large company), better advertising than Wargroove (at least advertising towards a larger audience that doesn't necessarily play indie games), a physical copy at release to get people to pick it up at a brick-and-mortar store, and that classic Nintendo label on it (assuring consumers of its quality). AW would probably also make the move to 3D graphics, which in itself would likely be enough "newness" to lure back a lot of old fans.

Ura

Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I'm with SPEN on that a new Advance Wars would look a lot more visually impressive than Wargroove and would have a higher budget. Consider how much bigger Intelligent Systems is now coming in to the 2020's VS the Intelligent Systems of the 2000's that relied on Paper Mario. Lets also account for how successful they've been with FEH.

Gotta put that FEH money to good use huh? :lol:

Joking aside, I would expect Advance Wars of the 2020's to be vastly different from what it was before. 3D graphics/battle animations of course but also the implementation of cutscenes, and of course. a game in HD. Lets not forget all the new touches it would have like online matchmaking/leaderboard, playing on the go and sharing maps locally, and maybe even an expansion of the War Room of old only now with new missions added in through updates. And of course, it's story would be a lot more fleshed out and the characters/setting will be at the forefront of the story more so than before.

Last edited:

Ura

Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
If AW were to make the jump to 3D, I'd like it to have cel-shaded graphics. Keep the cartoony aesthetic.
Yeah def. The artstyle used in Days of Ruin did nothing for me and felt like a downgrade from what we had in the Wars World Trilogy (at least accounting for battle animations and the UI). Hopefully, said new AW has the cel-shaded look the GBA AW's had since it aged so well since the early-mid 2000's.

Last edited: