Orange Star's Hyperactive Whiz Kid! - Andy For Smash Ultimate! Vote Wargroove for Strategy Game of the Year at the VGA's!

Favorite Advance Wars Game (Not Including pre-AW and Battalion Wars)

• Total voters

Ura

Advance Wars is the new Mother 3
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I see Advance Wars being more of a series that you just make a new game for, rather than remaking an old one. They've held up very well, and while the OG titles could be remade in 3D, I don't know how well that fits with the series' style (this may just be me though) and I think reviving the series might be enough of a risk that they'd be turned off from spending so much and would rather reboot it in a retro-style game (y'know, like Wargroove). Plus it's not like there's this complex plot like Golden Sun where you'd need the new audience to be familiar before releasing a sequel, the games are more standalone.

But it is a possibility that we get a remake, maybe something more along the vein of the Mario & Luigi remakes. Maybe we could get a remake for Days of Ruin, that I think is the title which would lend itself more towards a 3D realistic style. Or maybe a remake of the older, pre-Advance games, that would allow the creative freedom to introduce a new cast and maybe even the shipping mechanics they want while not alienating fans of the Advance crew.
Yeah I agree def. There's really no need to remake Advance Wars since these games aren't really story-based much like how you wouldn't expect an F-Zero remake. Though I will admit, it would be sweet if there were a Wars World remake with Andy & Co. but I think it's better for the franchise's future to go with a new setting as opposed to reintroducing an old one. So that the new generation who may have never experienced any Advance Wars game before starts with a new story, not having to know anything beforehand. And like you said, introducing all those character-based mechanics without alienating older fans who wouldn't want to see Wars World characters be shipped lol.

Though I would hope both Wars World CO's and DoR CO's get to be included through post-release content (outside the game's story) similar to how Awakening reintroduced the older lords outside the plot. Imagine a comprehensive multiplayer mode featuring new CO's and most of the past ones. All with their own War Room missions to bring with them.

And speaking of which, I hope whatever multiplayer, online mode is the main selling point of the game or at least one of the main selling points. I honestly believe there's potential for Advance Wars as an E-Sport title as well if Nintendo positioned/marketed the game like that. Kind of their own LoL in a way but not exactly if you catch my drift lol.

Last edited:
Yeah I agree def. There's really no need to remake Advance Wars since these games aren't really story-based much like how you wouldn't expect an F-Zero remake. Though I will admit, it would be sweet if there were a Wars World remake with Andy & Co. but I think it's better for the franchise's future to go with a new setting as opposed to reintroducing an old one. So that the new generation who may have never experienced any Advance Wars game before starts with a new story, not having to know anything beforehand. And like you said, introducing all those character-based mechanics without alienating older fans who wouldn't want to see Wars World characters be shipped lol.

Though I would hope both Wars World CO's and DoR CO's get to be included through post-release content (outside the game's story) similar to how Awakening reintroduced the older lords outside the plot. Imagine a comprehensive multiplayer mode featuring new CO's and most of the past ones. All with their own War Room missions to bring with them.

And speaking of which, I hope whatever multiplayer, online mode is the main selling point of the game or at least one of the main selling points. I honestly believe there's potential for Advance Wars as an E-Sport title as well if Nintendo positioned/marketed the game like that. Kind of their own LoL in a way but not exactly if you catch my drift lol.
I never thought of the comparison to LoL, but I could totally see something like that. If it happened, it would really be the only one it its league; at least, I don't think I ever saw a TBS be an eSport. If it did it would be a huge win for Nintendo, they've been trying to get into that space.

As for the reboot talk, I do see them making a game set in Wars World. Just make it the start of a new story, maybe have it take place a good while after to the point where very few plot points from the previous games matter and the ones that do can be explained away as backstory.

As for the old crew, I think they'd probably have them cameo as the "Old war veteran" versions of themselves. Maybe something wacky like Andy being president of Orange Star, nothing that requires knowledge of the old games but just as fanservice.

Ura

Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I never thought of the comparison to LoL, but I could totally see something like that. If it happened, it would really be the only one it its league; at least, I don't think I ever saw a TBS be an eSport. If it did it would be a huge win for Nintendo, they've been trying to get into that space.

As for the reboot talk, I do see them making a game set in Wars World. Just make it the start of a new story, maybe have it take place a good while after to the point where very few plot points from the previous games matter and the ones that do can be explained away as backstory.

As for the old crew, I think they'd probably have them cameo as the "Old war veteran" versions of themselves. Maybe something wacky like Andy being president of Orange Star, nothing that requires knowledge of the old games but just as fanservice.
Because of this post, i'll never be able to get the visual image of President Andy out of my head lmao!

That aside, I think having the old CO's cameo outside the game's story is a much better fit than reusing the same setting (and for that matter, fanservice enough seeing those old characters back and playing as them). You gotta remember there's still a lot of people that want to see the DoR CO's make a return as well so the best way to please everyone is to have them all return as I mentioned before. And TBH, I just like the idea of a completly different world than the ones we got used to and have those CO's be the focus. Still hope it's Andy that gets picked should the series get a Smash rep tho.

Yeah which is why I said it would be like LoL but not exactly lol. I mean like a strategy game that could be marketed as a competitve game. Advance Wars has a big multiplayer component to it so why not go all the way with it and have it be an E-Sport of sort? Like, a system where players face off in tournament created maps and each player has like 2-3 minutes to make their turn (also having a waiting phase where they think of a strategy as well). I mean it might not be as exciting as say watching Smash Bros but for strategy lovers like myself, it would be a blast seeing tactics employed by pro players. And there would def be an audience for that (like you said, a first in the E-Sport field).

Ura

Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Yeah, that's pretty much what I wanted to talk about here. Wargroove is up for nomination for "Strategy Game of the Year" and I think it would be helluva badass if it ended up winning.

Of course, it has stiff competition in the form of 3H but we should still try and see how far we can go with this. Even in a close second, we could potentially send a message although an upset would be incredible! One can hope lol.

Below is the link where you can vote for all the categories.

https://thegameawards.com/voting-jury