• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Orange Star's Hyperactive Whiz Kid! - Andy For Smash Ultimate! We'll Live To Fight Another Day...

Favorite Advance Wars Game (Not Including pre-AW and Battalion Wars)

• Total voters

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
So IDK if you guys saw this but there's a rumor going around by one papagenos papagenos (who happens to be a user here on SB) in regards to characters 4 & 5 and seems to be in the know in regards to inside stuff (he knew about Banjo before the Shinobi leak). He had something interesting to say about it though I should preface this all by saying he doesn't know if it's legit or not and doesn't have a stance in it. So this could very well be a lot of nothing heads up.

The rumor according to PG is that...

Character #4 has sizeable fan support.

Character #5 is extremely unexpected & unlikely similar to Piranha Plant, is a 1st party character, and would likely be the final DLC.

I don't know about you guys but Character 5 sounds helluva niche if they're both "unexpected & unlikely" but PG states that he would like it. Something a lot of people would love even though they're not expecting it. That, IMO fills to bill of someone like Andy who no one expects to be in or thinks has a chance. He's still someone that would be well received by people who played Advance Wars back in the day and are nostalgic for the series as well as people unfamiliar who would be sold on Andy's moveset once they see it in action.

The only problem here is that I don't see Andy as the kind of character that would be the last character revealed as much as I want him in. Maybe there could be a deal when he's revealed alongside the last character similar to the Final Smash Direct in 2015.

Again, this is just a rumor and I am reaching here a bit most likely but I thought this was worth sharing given the prospect of their being a 1st party in the Fighter's Pass and it potentially filling the bill of Andy.

What do you guys make of it? I'm very skeptical but if this somehow turned out to be Andy, I would be elated beyond belief. Of course, i'm very much still in the belief that Andy needs his franchise to be revived to be DLC so I only thinks this happens if Nintendo is finally letting Advance Wars out of the doghouse.

EDIT: I made a mistake in my post. PG doesn't specify which one of the two is the 1st party character, only saying that one of the two is 1st party. Still hoping one is Andy; however. Under certain circumstances, he would make sense as Fighter #4

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
So IDK if you guys saw this but there's a rumor going around by one papagenos papagenos (who happens to be a user here on SB) in regards to characters 4 & 5 and seems to be in the know in regards to inside stuff (he knew about Banjo before the Shinobi leak). He had something interesting to say about it though I should preface this all by saying he doesn't know if it's legit or not and doesn't have a stance in it. So this could very well be a lot of nothing heads up.

The rumor according to PG is that...

Character #4 has sizeable fan support.

Character #5 is extremely unexpected & unlikely similar to Piranha Plant, is a 1st party character, and would likely be the final DLC.

I don't know about you guys but Character 5 sounds helluva niche if they're both "unexpected & unlikely" but PG states that he would like it. Something a lot of people would love even though they're not expecting it. That, IMO fills to bill of someone like Andy who no one expects to be in or thinks has a chance. He's still someone that would be well received by people who played Advance Wars back in the day and are nostalgic for the series as well as people unfamiliar who would be sold on Andy's moveset once they see it in action.

The only problem here is that I don't see Andy as the kind of character that would be the last character revealed as much as I want him in. Maybe there could be a deal when he's revealed alongside the last character similar to the Final Smash Direct in 2015.

Again, this is just a rumor and I am reaching here a bit most likely but I thought this was worth sharing given the prospect of their being a 1st party in the Fighter's Pass and it potentially filling the bill of Andy.

What do you guys make of it? I'm very skeptical but if this somehow turned out to be Andy, I would be elated beyond belief. Of course, i'm very much still in the belief that Andy needs his franchise to be revived to be DLC so I only thinks this happens if Nintendo is finally letting Advance Wars out of the doghouse.

EDIT: I made a mistake in my post. PG doesn't specify which one of the two is the 1st party character, only saying that one of the two is 1st party. Still hoping one is Andy; however. Under certain circumstances, he would make sense as Fighter #4
All I have to say is that Nintendo better not be pulling another Piranha Plant. It better be an actual character this time.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
All I have to say is that Nintendo better not be pulling another Piranha Plant. It better be an actual character this time.
Y'know it's funny that you mention that because I checked in another thread and PG name drops Sans & Waluigi as the last two characters. Assuming that Waluigi gets promoted from assist which I can see happening given the outcry for him when he was deconfirmed.

That being said, PG is still skeptical and mentioned the Amiibo's may not pertain to Smash at all. Here's hoping it's the case for our boy.
Realizing that Piranha Plant isn't even playable in Mario Party

:/
Well a character being in Smash is much preferable than being in Mario Party I bet. :)

MP characters are all essentially one in the same after all in terms of playing similarily.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Y'know it's funny that you mention that because I checked in another thread and PG name drops Sans & Waluigi as the last two characters. Assuming that Waluigi gets promoted from assist which I can see happening given the outcry for him when he was deconfirmed.

That being said, PG is still skeptical and mentioned the Amiibo's may not pertain to Smash at all. Here's hoping it's the case for our boy.

Well a character being in Smash is much preferable than being in Mario Party I bet. :)

MP characters are all essentially one in the same after all in terms of playing similarily.
I don't want to be that person, but the Waluigi... event really left a bad taste in my mouth. It's bad enough I don't even LIKE him, but the way it was handled... well, there's backlash, and then there's that. Sorry if I offended anyone.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
I don't want to be that person, but the Waluigi... event really left a bad taste in my mouth. It's bad enough I don't even LIKE him, but the way it was handled... well, there's backlash, and then there's that. Sorry if I offended anyone.
It’s a shame a few bad Waluigi fans did that (if the event you’re talking about is the one I’m thinking).

I have nothing against Waluigi, but I don’t really care about him getting in either. Probably just because I’m tired of all the Mario, Pokémon, and Fire Emblem characters.

SPEN18

Smash Lord

The point was more that the plant isn't even significant enough to be playable in a Mario-only spinoff game.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I got nothing against the rumored characters TBH. Just that I would much rather have Andy in than either.

That being said, I do think it's unfair that Waluigi still gets hate because of what two or so fans did last year. You could literally point to any character support base and they could be guilty of doing the same if you cherry pick enough.
The point was more that the plant isn't even significant enough to be playable in a Mario-only spinoff game.
I guess Sakurai just has a Plant-bias then. :smirk:

Or he thought Smash was sorely lacking in plant reps and sought to rectify that.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Not in Mario Kart 8 either. Not even Petey got in. I think Piranha Plant is pretty fun to play as in Smash, but I’m still not a big fan of the decision.

I know Sakurai was going for an “out there” choice when he chose him, and he can do what he wants. It’s his game. But with soooooo many wanted characters that people have been asking for and you’re making the “Ultimate” version of Smash........ why a generic Mario enemy...?

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Not in Mario Kart 8 either. Not even Petey got in. I think Piranha Plant is pretty fun to play as in Smash, but I’m still not a big fan of the decision.

I know Sakurai was going for an “out there” choice when he chose him, and he can do what he wants. It’s his game. But with soooooo many wanted characters that people have been asking for and you’re making the “Ultimate” version of Smash........ why a generic Mario enemy...?
TBH I think Toad would have been a better fit for that spot.

Sakurai mentioned Plant having more recognition than most characters which is true but Toad is universally known and is also a very popular request for Smash.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
TBH I think Toad would have been a better fit for that spot.

Sakurai mentioned Plant having more recognition than most characters which is true but Toad is universally known and is also a very popular request for Smash.
If I had to pick another Mario character then I’d probably go with Captain Toad. I just feel really bad for Waluigi fans that he’s been trapped in AT hell for three games and every new Smash game we get more and more from that franchise and he always gets left out.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
If I had to pick another Mario character then I’d probably go with Captain Toad. I just feel really bad for Waluigi fans that he’s been trapped in AT hell for three games and every new Smash game we get more and more from that franchise and he always gets left out.
True that. I hope Wal gets his time under the sun eventually.

And your description about being left out also describes Advance Wars to a tee unfortunately. :( Lets hope that changes in the future.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
True that. I hope Wal gets his time under the sun eventually.

And your description about being left out also describes Advance Wars to a tee unfortunately. :( Lets hope that changes in the future.
I hear ya. As an Isaac fan I was happy to see him at least be an AT in Brawl and then he was completely left out of Smash 4. I don’t think there’s anything Golden Sun in that game. And then he got shoved back into AT hell for Ultimate.

I’m still grateful that GS has a decent amount of spirits and Isaac has a Mii costume. And Banjo and K. Rool were two of my top 4 I wanted in. So I can’t really complain. I do enjoy the AW series and I’d totally be down for Andy getting in.

My dream scenario would be a second Fighter Pass that focuses on first parties and both Isaac and Andy could get in then. Nintendo should really get those series back to being relevant. They have so much potential.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Some Twitter art I found of our boy.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Looks kinda rough on the edges but is still a work in progress. It does have promise tho and having our first unofficial 3D model of Andy is something that is sorely needed.
I hear ya. As an Isaac fan I was happy to see him at least be an AT in Brawl and then he was completely left out of Smash 4. I don’t think there’s anything Golden Sun in that game. And then he got shoved back into AT hell for Ultimate.

I’m still grateful that GS has a decent amount of spirits and Isaac has a Mii costume. And Banjo and K. Rool were two of my top 4 I wanted in. So I can’t really complain. I do enjoy the AW series and I’d totally be down for Andy getting in.

My dream scenario would be a second Fighter Pass that focuses on first parties and both Isaac and Andy could get in then. Nintendo should really get those series back to being relevant. They have so much potential.
Well given that AW got no representation in the form of an AT, Mii Costume, or a music track I believe there's a minuscule chance for Andy to be in Smash. That is under the assumption that a revival is in development and Andy is put in to market said return. Small chance yes but there are some things that possibly support this idea.

But yes, Andy & Isaac being in Smash is the dream. Both will get their time under the Sun one day, I know it.

heh under the sun

Last edited:

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Looks kinda rough on the edges but is still a work in progress. It does have promise tho and having our first unofficial 3D model of Andy is something that is sorely needed.

Well given that AW got no representation in the form of an AT, Mii Costume, or a music track I believe there's a minuscule chance for Andy to be in Smash. That is under the assumption that a revival is in development and Andy is put in to market said return. Small chance yes but there are some things that possibly support this idea.

But yes, Andy & Isaac being in Smash is the dream. Both will get their time under the Sun one day, I know it.

heh under the sun
Yeah, I think characters like Andy and Geno have a better shot obviously than a character like Isaac because just having a spirit isn’t something that seems to be much of a detriment to being playable.

If Andy becomes playable he could easily have another spirit of himself that represents the playable version. And there’s soooo many unused characters that could come from AW as spirits with him.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

heh under the sun
Yo that looks pretty sweet.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord

heh under the sun
Ooh any 3D model of Andy is going to get my attention. I like how stylised it is

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Yeah, I think characters like Andy and Geno have a better shot obviously than a character like Isaac because just having a spirit isn’t something that seems to be much of a detriment to being playable.

If Andy becomes playable he could easily have another spirit of himself that represents the playable version. And there’s soooo many unused characters that could come from AW as spirits with him.
Well less so Geno given that there's already an SE character in the game. If a TH character were in then I would say that's the end for Andy's chances. So far so good right? :)

But another point I wanted to make is how being a Spirit is the softest deconfirm for a non-playable character to have. Sakurai outright said Spirits serve as the replacement of Trophies and we all know how that went down with :4mewtwo::4lucas:(both of whom kept their original trophies while getting their new, Smash 4 trophies as well). A hard deconfirm; IMO is having an Assist Trophy or a Mii Costume in game. That means Sakurai has a role for these characters to have because he doesn't intend to make them playable. The ones with 3D models are the worst off (AT's) but Mii Costumes as well because Sakurai goes in with the advanced knowledge that they won't be playable. To a lesser extent, music is also a pretty significant deconfirm because if Sakurai wanted to include a fighter as part of a Challenger Pack, he would have kept it for their release which is why I believe Rhythm Heaven/Style Savvy was deconfirmed due to the track(s) it got respectively. Even worse is when a series falls in 2 or 3 of these categories as in the case of ARMS & Golden Sun.

So with that in mind, Advance Wars is the only noteworthy 1st party franchise to lack any of the above 3 deconfirms. Even more conspicuous is that the Infantry & Tanks Assist Trophy was mysteriously cut and there wasn't a Mii Costume for Infantry like there was for Saki. And Advance Wars has to have some kind of Spirit representation in the base game right? So to not have Andy among the AW spirits would have been a dead give away if he was in regardless.

Of course there was the trademark from December even if it meant nothing. Found it odd how it was renewed right after the game's launch as opposed to before it. And yes, Andy becoming playable would mean he would have a Fighter spirit separate to his in-game one. Which is why I honestly believe he has the best chance out of all the 1st parties from new series albeit a small chance.

As the thread title says, Hope Never Dies.
Yo that looks pretty sweet.
Ooh any 3D model of Andy is going to get my attention. I like how stylised it is
I think it has potential for sure. I believe the guy who did it is new to this or something IDK.

The artwork seems to have it's own style which is fine I guess. It would be better if Andy looked more jovial and confident as he does in the game.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Wait a minute. Fighter 5 is 1st Party, is unexpected/unlikely, and would be loved by the fans despite that...

WE'RE GETTING CAPTAIN N BOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In all seriousness, assuming Spirits do deconfirm, that could be literally anyone. Even someone who's game isn't even out, if this one theory I heard ends up being true.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Y'all hear about the Color Theory going around?

Theory is kinda wack but it does have a bit of merit to it. The premise being that all the DLC characters are represented with a different color. Green for Piranha Plant, Red for Joker, Purple for Hero, Yellow for Banjo, and Orange/Blue for the other two.

What better fit would be there for the Orange character than the keet Commanding Officer of ORANGE Star? I'm just saying dude. Would be a perfect fit.
Wait a minute. Fighter 5 is 1st Party, is unexpected/unlikely, and would be loved by the fans despite that...

WE'RE GETTING CAPTAIN N BOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In all seriousness, assuming Spirits do deconfirm, that could be literally anyone. Even someone who's game isn't even out, if this one theory I heard ends up being true.
Well that's only the rumor which PG is very skeptical about. Personally, i'm leaning towards fake.

But y'know, the entire Captain N crew is already in Smash now that Simon is in lol.

Spirits, I believe are the weakest deconfirm as I mentioned in my previous post. In the case of Advance Wars especially given it has no other content and there's still a lot of important CO's missing from the lineup. AW had to have some representation whether or not it was DLC which is why I don't believe there was any hard deconfirn for Andy just yet.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Hey, I was looking to make a signature and noticed we don't have any signature stamps for Andy. Anyone know where I can find one?

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
So I did a thing.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Lki3oxDDBljoZGMVU5jCFyICkkD6ak1O/view

Basically, I made a Doc of a lot of the things i've said in the thread (in regards to Andy potentially having a shot at DLC). Touched upon a lot of interesting finds and I would greatly appreciate if you all checked it out.
Hey, I was looking to make a signature and noticed we don't have any signature stamps for Andy. Anyone know where I can find one?
Do you mean in the vein of the SSB4 ones? Because those were the ones I remember seeing a lot back then.

I do know N3ON N3ON did a lot of sigs herself so maybe she would know. She is the master of that after all lol.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
So I did a thing.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Lki3oxDDBljoZGMVU5jCFyICkkD6ak1O/view

Basically, I made a Doc of a lot of the things i've said in the thread (in regards to Andy potentially having a shot at DLC). Touched upon a lot of interesting finds and I would greatly appreciate if you all checked it out.

Do you mean in the vein of the SSB4 ones? Because those were the ones I remember seeing a lot back then.

I do know N3ON N3ON did a lot of sigs herself so maybe she would know. She is the master of that after all lol.
A solid read and a good roundup of our current situation. As it stands, I think Andy's chances hinge on the series getting revived, which I see as a real possibility.

Then again, considering Sakurai's love for gimmicky movesets maybe Andy shoots up in his priorities. A moveset requiring resource and money management doesn't seem that complex after Hero.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
A solid read and a good roundup of our current situation. As it stands, I think Andy's chances hinge on the series getting revived, which I see as a real possibility.

Then again, considering Sakurai's love for gimmicky movesets maybe Andy shoots up in his priorities. A moveset requiring resource and money management doesn't seem that complex after Hero.
Yeah legit the first thing I thought when I saw Hero's MP system was "holy crap this is what I thought of for Andy's Unit system". Infantry, Tanks, Artillery, Anti-Air's, etc.

I thought it was something not feasible for Smash but man Sakurai proved me wrong. Andy would have his display counter near his stock icon with the amount of funds he has and the units available for purchase. Even if it has to be a random units each game like Hero's spells (or at least that's how it sounded in Sakurai's translation today).

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Soooo anyone heard that Ura Ura made a new theory that actually argues how Andy could be a DLC fighter?

I helped him out with the making of it and can say we would be happy to tell you all about it.

Shall you do the honors?

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Soooo anyone heard that Ura Ura made a new theory that actually argues how Andy could be a DLC fighter?

I helped him out with the making of it and can say we would be happy to tell you all about it.

Shall you do the honors?
Newer than that Google doc?

Sure, knock yourself out.
Uhh I think what Azure was referencing was the Google Doc. I think he didn't see the post I made lol.

In any case, I want to discuss some particular aspects of that theory a bit more. Particularly, the removal of the Infantry & Tanks AT and some more takeaways from the Spirits. I just feel a lot of it is very strange the way it went down and things very particular to AW and AW alone.

Figured I would put this in spoilers because it's a fairly long post. Please check it out in full.

First off, compare the other AT's that were cut from Smash 4 to Ultimate...

- Lakitu & Spines: Probably because of too many Mario AT's.
- Tingle: Likewise but with Zelda and that he's a stage element again thanks to Great Bay returning.
- Kat & Ana: I think they might have felt Ashley was enough to represent the Wario series.
- Magnus: Same deal as above but with Kid Icarus. Smash 4 was it's big showing because of Uprising.
- Elec Man: Same as well for Megaman. Zero is a lot more popular anyways.

And the most important example...

- Saki Amamiya: An AT since the days of Brawl that was cut for unknown reasons. And he was given a Mii Costume to compensate for being cut.

With all the AT's that were cut from 4, there's a feasible explanation on why they were cut. No such thing exists for Infantry & Tanks who up to that point, were perfect attendee Assist Trophies and one that stayed in Smash 4 despite the series hiatus of Advance Wars at that time. So clearly, we can't use the series being dormant as rationale for the removal, especially accounting for like a dozen of the AT's in the game already.

And the fact that unlike Sin & Punishment/Custom Robo, there was no Mii Costume to compensate for the loss of the Advance Wars AT. Andy, Sami, nor the Infantry unit got a Mii Costume which would be the case given that Advance Wars is less niche than the two aforementioned series.

When you combine this with the Spirit situation in the game (Sami & Max being absent from the lineup), I believe something is very up. This is very speculative but maybe there was meant to be more AW spirits in game that were held off and the AT was slashed when Sakurai got word of Nintendo wanting an AW character as DLC on the premise that they were reviving the series. It would explain why Andy is still in (the face of the franchise has to be a Spirit otherwise people are going to be helluva suspicious) and yet other key important AW characters are missing from the lineup.

So when you combine these two situations (along with the other things I mentioned in the doc), things are very suspicious and can't be brushed off with the normal objections people have. When you really think about it, Advance Wars in particular is the outlier when it comes to franchises not represented with a character.

- AT being removed despite being in Brawl & Smash 4 (and without reason unlike the others cut AT's)
- Lack of Mii Costume to compensate (Unlike Sin & Punishment/Custom Robo)
- Spirits situation (Where art tho Sami & Max?)
- No music despite the series being well known for it's bangers (Even simple GBA rips could have sufficed)

And i'll reiterate what I said in the doc here. Why is AW the only franchise to have the distinction of not featuring it's main characters aside from Andy in it's Spirit lineup? Particularly, two of the most important characters from the franchise that are featured prominently in the story, intro's of the GBA games, and in most promotional artwork? Why not any other franchise?

I hate to be the guy that gets people's hopes up and whatnot but yeah. There's a lot of things that slipped by people that I felt were worth making note of. I know AW isn't perceived as the likeliest choice for DLC but stranger things have happened. Lets keep hope alive for a bit longer.

Anyways, share your thoughts guys. And I apologize for the text wall lol.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
All I can think of is that Andy would have free range of Spirits, costumes, music and whatnot to be added with him in the case that he were playable.

SorrowOfAcheron

Smash Journeyman
I didn't realize Sami doesn't have a spirit; that's really unfortunate if there's no plans for AW content in one of the last two DLC slots.
Your speculation is sound to me, removing Infantry & Tanks for no decent reason (the only real reason they'd remove it is either someone hates AW or they didn't have the time to implement it somehow which is just laughable, plainly) and having 4 spirits without Sami or Max is definitely a weird choice.

Hopefully it's good news. That 3D Andy model looks really good with how 'fresh' it looks; I'd love to see Sami in a similar style.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Quick question: has the theory thing you guys made been uploaded to Twitter? If you do that and include "#SmashBBTT", then a Youtuber named Billybo10k might do a video on it. Don't worry, he's pretty fair on these things.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
All I can think of is that Andy would have free range of Spirits, costumes, music and whatnot to be added with him in the case that he were playable.
Ehh, IDK about Mii Costumes (seems more likely to be for Nintendo in general than AW specifically) but yeah def a whole range of Spirits and Music Tracks.

Can you imagine all the different CO's that can be used for Spirit Battles? Like the base game only scratched the surface with the 3 AW battles. Imagine a Max spirit battle against a giant Little Mac or a Sturm spirit battle involving Ganondorf with The Moon AT crashing down after a set period of time.

And my god, all the music involved would be worth the price of admission and then some. Just thinking about all the sweet remixes that would come out of Andy being in Smash is enough for me to foam at the mouth. Imagine them covering a whole bunch of Wars World CO themes like Andy's, Sami's, Max', Nell's, Olaf's, Sonja's, Eagle's, Sturm's, etc. And even some Days of Ruin tracks as well if they wanted to go that route (maybe a medley for the DoR ones).

When you think about all the bangers AW has and the unique niche it would have in it's moveset, it's honestly a shame there's never been a big push for this series in Smash before by Sakurai or Intelligent Systems. Brawl would have been AW's best time having still been relevant.
I didn't realize Sami doesn't have a spirit; that's really unfortunate if there's no plans for AW content in one of the last two DLC slots.
Your speculation is sound to me, removing Infantry & Tanks for no decent reason (the only real reason they'd remove it is either someone hates AW or they didn't have the time to implement it somehow which is just laughable, plainly) and having 4 spirits without Sami or Max is definitely a weird choice.

Hopefully it's good news. That 3D Andy model looks really good with how 'fresh' it looks; I'd love to see Sami in a similar style.
Yes the AT situation is very interesting for all the reasons I mentioned and it's a shame Smash speculators have totally ignored that. I mean when you're perceived by the community as not having a chance, people tend to overlook a character. It's just the way it is. All the more reason I want something to come out of this.

Another interesting thing to note is back in Brawl with the Sticker system, Sami & Max were included among that lineup. It shows that Sakurai acknowledges them as the main characters and strikes this as even more odd that the two would appear in Brawl as Stickers but not in Ultimate as Spirits. It's like I said, Sami & Max would have precedent over Eagle & Olaf if all AW was getting was 4 Spirits in-game. Following the trend of literally every other franchise represented in Ultimate, it makes no sense for the lineup to be the way it is if that was the only 4. Combine that with the AT situation and it's a major "hmm?"

There's actually a lot of great Sami artwork out there and lots of different 3D models for her IIRC. Between her PM one and a really sweet model done by vaanrose vaanrose
Quick question: has the theory thing you guys made been uploaded to Twitter? If you do that and include "#SmashBBTT", then a Youtuber named Billybo10k might do a video on it. Don't worry, he's pretty fair on these things.
I actually don't have a Twitter. Also kinda scared to do that given how...lets say unpleasant the site can be at times lol.

But if anyone wishes, they can upload my theory to Twitter or whatever. I don't mind being featured in a video like that. Good for Andy's publicity! :)

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
So, um... is it alright if I upload it to Twitter? If so, just give me a link and the people who made it. I want to give credit where credit is due.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
So, um... is it alright if I upload it to Twitter? If so, just give me a link and the people who made it. I want to give credit where credit is due.
Yeah dude knock yourself out. The more eyeballs for the theory the better.

As for who to credit, it's just me and Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan (Azure) for making a Google Doc for the document.

That goes for anyone wanting to share this theory around. Let's support the Andy cause!

Also let us know any status updates for it because we'll be interested in knowing.

Last edited:

GlitchWarrior

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3540-4749-2681
don't get hope don't get hope don't get hope

OK screw that I has high hope 4 our boi

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
don't get hope don't get hope don't get hope

OK screw that I has high hope 4 our boi
Well by no means am I saying Andy is a shoe-in for DLC (that would be absurd to say) but I honestly believe he has a small chance for DLC.

Some more interesting stuff. I mean, it's stuff we talked about already but I thought of the implications more so about the situation. Spoilers because text walls lol.

I was talking about this more on some Discord channels and I had some interesting takeaways. I mean nothing new that I haven't said here before but man it's helluva interesting to think about the missing AT and how Advance Wars remains the only noteworthy Nintendo series (without a playable character) that has gone without a Mii Costume. Think of the Mii Costumes Sin & Punishment, Custom Robo, Panel de Pon, and Chibi-Robo got. Advance Wars is less niche compared to all of them (has sold better than all those series) and yet it's the only series without a Mii Costume. Golden Sun & ARMS are AT's yes but they also have Mii Costumes for their series (to be fair, they're a lot more well known than AW). Sure there's Rhythm Heaven/Style Savvy but those were given a music track instead.

Basically, what i'm trying to say is that if this was all there was for Advance Wars content in Ultimate, chances are very likely that we would have got an Infantry Mii Costume (based off Orange Star) and we would have Spirits that reflect the actual main, plot important characters (Max, Sami, Nell, Hawke, Sturm, etc). Things are set up in a way where we can feasibly get Advance Wars as DLC given it could fill a DLC Spirit Board with all of it's CO's (the important ones I mentioned) and is untouched in regards to anything else. Notice how Advance Wars is the only series with this distinction? Every other new franchise covered all their bases in regards to Spirits except Advance Wars and has something in the way of either an AT, Mii Costume, or a music track.

So yeah, I hate to get people's hopes up but I do want people to keep this in mind. Better to have hope than to continue despairing (which is what a lot of fanbases are doing having been heavily deconfirmed). Bless their souls haha!

Also wanted to share a few interesting finds from some Discord posts I made (a collection of posts I made). Will put in spoilers to not cover up the page too much. Take a read when you have the time and tell me what you think. Lots of interesting material to discuss.

In regards to Andy being absent in the 11/1 Smash Direct

Do you guys know how they were showing like everything off during the 11/1 Direct?
I find it very conspicuous that Andy was left out in all of that. I mean given how the fates of every main character coming from a non-playable franchise were revealed.
Instead, they chose to highlight Olaf & Eagle despite Andy being the more prominent one (being featured in WoL, being apart of a summon, etc)
I know this is super duper reaching but what if they didn't show Andy's spirit there because they planned on making him a DLC fighter? As in, they weren't going to highlight his non playable appearance as a result of that
Also some context as to what i'm saying.

Olaf is chosen to highlight the series despite essentially being an afterthought compared to Andy. And this was the Direct that was highlighting all the MC's as well.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Good news! Wargroove has been showcased in Brazil's unofficial Nintendo Direct, near the end.

https://www.queremosnintendo.com.br/
That's pretty cool. Good to see Wargroove is still getting some love months after it's release. It's success took me by surprise and it's a really pleasant one at that (having topped the E-Shop charts for almost all of February). Goes to show the appetite people have for a new Advance Wars proper.

In regards to that subject matter, it's got me thinking. Do you guys think this might be time when the series gets revived? I mean FE:TH is only releasing next week so I doubt they're going to release a new FE right away (unless it's a spinoff title or something) and the team that made Advance Wars in the past (the B-Team that made SoV a few years ago) haven't been heard from as of late.

Which is even more interesting given comments that were made by the producer of SoV a few years ago (Masahiro Higuchi who has previously worked on the first Advance Wars, Days of Ruin, and Super Famicom Wars). He mentioned he wanted to do a new Wars games (as well as a lot of his team at IS) and in a separate interview even mentioned wanting to remake Famicom Wars. Maybe he finally got his wish? After all, this is coming at a time when Advance Wars-like games are coming out en masses between Wargroove, Tiny Metal (which has a sequel now BTW), and Into the Breach among so many others. Maybe IS realizes that there is demand for a series revival and that they don't have to abandon AW to do FE?

One could hope I guess. I hope i'm not setting myself up for disappointment but I believe circumstances have changed since the last time Intelligent Systems made their infamous comments about AW in 2017. This, IMO is reflected better with the recent release of TH. From what I heard, it's reception is a lot better than Fates so maybe steps are being made to listen to the fans now?

Unrelated but C chocolatejr9 did the doc get picked up by the Youtube user you mentioned? Just curious because I haven't heard from sometime.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
That's pretty cool. Good to see Wargroove is still getting some love months after it's release. It's success took me by surprise and it's a really pleasant one at that (having topped the E-Shop charts for almost all of February). Goes to show the appetite people have for a new Advance Wars proper.

In regards to that subject matter, it's got me thinking. Do you guys think this might be time when the series gets revived? I mean FE:TH is only releasing next week so I doubt they're going to release a new FE right away (unless it's a spinoff title or something) and the team that made Advance Wars in the past (the B-Team that made SoV a few years ago) haven't been heard from as of late.

Which is even more interesting given comments that were made by the producer of SoV a few years ago (Masahiro Higuchi who has previously worked on the first Advance Wars, Days of Ruin, and Super Famicom Wars). He mentioned he wanted to do a new Wars games (as well as a lot of his team at IS) and in a separate interview even mentioned wanting to remake Famicom Wars. Maybe he finally got his wish? After all, this is coming at a time when Advance Wars-like games are coming out en masses between Wargroove, Tiny Metal (which has a sequel now BTW), and Into the Breach among so many others. Maybe IS realizes that there is demand for a series revival and that they don't have to abandon AW to do FE?

One could hope I guess. I hope i'm not setting myself up for disappointment but I believe circumstances have changed since the last time Intelligent Systems made their infamous comments about AW in 2017. This, IMO is reflected better with the recent release of TH. From what I heard, it's reception is a lot better than Fates so maybe steps are being made to listen to the fans now.

Unrelated but C chocolatejr9 did the doc get picked up by the Youtube user you mentioned? Just curious because I haven't heard from sometime.
I put the link on Twitter, but I don't know if he's noticed it or not. It doesn't help that said Youtuber is at a bit of a crossroads with his channel at the moment in terms of content.

Top Bottom