• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Orange Star's Hyperactive Whiz Kid! - Andy For Smash Ultimate! We'll Live To Fight Another Day...

Favorite Advance Wars Game (Not Including pre-AW and Battalion Wars)

• Total voters

Isaac4SmashUltimate

Smash Apprentice
Well we brainstormed a bunch of ideas so you might want to check those out. Lots of ways I think those kinds of idea could be implemented to this series.

And to anyone else lurking in this thread, feel free to ask to be on the support list. I know there's some people that voted on the poll and liked the OP that haven't posted here.
Aye. I'm slowly reading it.

Has anybody seen the rumor/leak about the last remaining characters for SSBUltimate?

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Aye. I'm slowly reading it.

Has anybody seen the rumor/leak about the last remaining characters for SSBUltimate?
I saw it.

I'm bummed that Andy wasn't apart of those characters but it's still an amazing way to end Smash Ultimate's roster. Isaac and Banjo both being in the game doesn't feel real to me but this game is breaking ground. Of course we don't know if this is real yet so we shouldn't jump to conclusions. It's the most convincing rumor yet though.

But like I said in previous pages, Andy is a beneficiary if Isaac gets included. Given how similar both Golden Sun and Advance Wars are in how they were handled in the past decade. If Isaac's in, Andy stands to gain big time in another hypothetical Ballot.

Couple that with the fact that according to this rumor, Ray from Custom Robo was planned (and subsequently scrapped) from the game and Andy's chances potentially could be higher than we thought before. Ray is basically more obscure than Andy is coming from a series that never sold as well as Advance Wars so if he was on the table then so is Andy. DLC is different from the base roster though so that's another obstacle.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
There’s a power vacuum a-brewing, my friends.

We have to ask ourselves: where do we want to stand when the dust settles? Do we want to be an obscure pick forever? Or... do we want to be kings of the obscure?

This is a time we have to seize. A time for change. A time for revolution. A time... for Wars.

(Advance Wars, that’s- that’s the joke)

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
There’s a power vacuum a-brewing, my friends.

We have to ask ourselves: where do we want to stand when the dust settles? Do we want to be an obscure pick forever? Or... do we want to be kings of the obscure?

This is a time we have to seize. A time for change. A time for revolution. A time... for Wars.

(Advance Wars, that’s- that’s the joke)
Kings of the obscure of course! Or at least the semi-known ones :)

Not just any kind of war, an ADVANCE WAR! (dramatic narrator voice)

May Andy become a top runner for the next Ballot. Fingers and toes crossed.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
I saw it.

I'm bummed that Andy wasn't apart of those characters but it's still an amazing way to end Smash Ultimate's roster. Isaac and Banjo both being in the game doesn't feel real to me but this game is breaking ground. Of course we don't know if this is real yet so we shouldn't jump to conclusions. It's the most convincing rumor yet though.

But like I said in previous pages, Andy is a beneficiary if Isaac gets included. Given how similar both Golden Sun and Advance Wars are in how they were handled in the past decade. If Isaac's in, Andy stands to gain big time in another hypothetical Ballot.

Couple that with the fact that according to this rumor, Ray from Custom Robo was planned (and subsequently scrapped) from the game and Andy's chances potentially could be higher than we thought before. Ray is basically more obscure than Andy is coming from a series that never sold as well as Advance Wars so if he was on the table then so is Andy. DLC is different from the base roster though so that's another obstacle.
I honestly think if the leak is real it means really good things for Andy's future. People will give characters from "dead series" a chance and I honestly think Advance Wars is the best choice to give a new rep going forward. I'll be giving Andy the support all the way

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I honestly think if the leak is real it means really good things for Andy's future. People will give characters from "dead series" a chance and I honestly think Advance Wars is the best choice to give a new rep going forward. I'll be giving Andy the support all the way
Come to think of it, the entire newcomer pool would be lessened as a result of that. Said leak covers almost all the Ballot heavy hitters. Isaac, Banjo, Geno. Not to mention K. Rool and the others already in the game.

Of course there's still Bandana Dee, Skull Kid, and an ARMS character Andy has to compete with in a second Ballot but I think a lot of Isaac supporters would get behind him given the overlap between both fanbases.

Last edited:

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
Ok, things are looking up.

Also the CoroCoro leak may have been true Ura Ura :p

It's time, we need to seize the fanbase, let the GBA alliance rise through the ranks! There's still a few big fanbases left to contend with (Xenoblade, Zelda true newcomer, Pokemon, Kirby and new franchises (this isn't even including non-nintendo fanbases)), but the GBA gems is a strong voting block. We need to be vocal.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Ok, things are looking up.

Also the CoroCoro leak may have been true Ura Ura :p

It's time, we need to seize the fanbase, let the GBA alliance rise through the ranks! There's still a few big fanbases left to contend with (Xenoblade, Zelda true newcomer, Pokemon, Kirby and new franchises (this isn't even including non-nintendo fanbases)), but the GBA gems is a strong voting block. We need to be vocal.
We don't know if it's actually true or not. I mean we're all hoping it is but at the same time there's always the possibility it's a hoax and the world collapses lol.

GBA alliance indeed. That being the Andy & Isaac alliance of course. Going strong since 2001. :shades:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Question CO's....

What do you think the fate of the Infantry & Tanks Assist Trophy will be in Ultimate? Of the 3 scenarios I can think of...

1) The AT remains as is
2) The AT is removed from the game
3) The AT is overhauled so that a CO is commanding the units and maybe even extra ones

I want 3 to be real but 1 is also acceptable as this juncture. 2 would be a nightmare really. I really hope not.
Whoops, sorry for not stopping by this thread yet, Ura. :sadeyes:

Better late than never, I guess? Welp, I support anyway! I have unfortunately only played the first two, but I still love the series nonetheless! :)
It's all good like I said before man. I really appreciate the support.

Check out the DS games if you can access them. They're good but IMO not as good as the GBA titles.

Nauzgo

Smash Journeyman
Question CO's....

What do you think the fate of the Infantry & Tanks Assist Trophy will be in Ultimate?
I assume the AT will remain as it is. Sure, it's kinda weird that it hasn't been shown yet although being around in both Brawl and 4. But regarding that there's still many ATs not shown off yet, it's probable they're still in.

It's unlikely imo that it'll be upgraded in some way, I dunno If they ever did that with any AT. Also I see no reason why it should be.

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
I'm pretty sure we've already seen it? IIRC it's stayed as is but I might be thinking of some Sm4sh content I've watched recently instead.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I assume the AT will remain as it is. Sure, it's kinda weird that it hasn't been shown yet although being around in both Brawl and 4. But regarding that there's still many ATs not shown off yet, it's probable they're still in.

It's unlikely imo that it'll be upgraded in some way, I dunno If they ever did that with any AT. Also I see no reason why it should be.
It should be upgraded because it's a mediocre representation of what Advance Wars is all about. Advance Wars is much more than just Infantry & Tanks and I feel the AT needs to reflect that by having a CO commanding the units.

Hopefully it's Nell. That way the door would still be open for Andy as DLC.
I'm pretty sure we've already seen it? IIRC it's stayed as is but I might be thinking of some Sm4sh content I've watched recently instead.
No we haven't. It was prob Smash 4 content you were watching.

We've yet to see anything on the Advance Wars front for Ultimate but then again it was the same case for Smash 4 until the game released. My gut feeling is that whatever the Advance Wars AT is will be shown off in the next Smash Direct.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Question CO's....

What do you think the fate of the Infantry & Tanks Assist Trophy will be in Ultimate? Of the 3 scenarios I can think of...

1) The AT remains as is
2) The AT is removed from the game
3) The AT is overhauled so that a CO is commanding the units and maybe even extra ones

I want 3 to be real but 1 is also acceptable as this juncture. 2 would be a nightmare really. I really hope not.

It's all good like I said before man. I really appreciate the support.

Check out the DS games if you can access them. They're good but IMO not as good as the GBA titles.
I think 1 is the most likely, but I’ll give 3 a 15% chance of happening. Mostly due to the direction ATs have been going in lately.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I think 1 is the most likely, but I’ll give 3 a 15% chance of happening. Mostly due to the direction ATs have been going in lately.
Yeah it's something else I took in to consideration. Assist Trophies this time around seem to be more "dynamic" and "hard-hitting" then they were in previous games. With the Infantry & Tanks AT, they were only so limited in their direction and trajectory before they fall offstage.

With a CO AT, said CO would be summoning units at random directly at the opponent rather than 2 directions and the type of unit summonded would be random keeping the opponent on their toes. So for instance it could be a recon unit summoned going blazing fast at the opponent or rockets being launched at multiple foes.

I don't know the likelihood of this happening but man it'd be a lot better than what's in place already. Of course what we have already is better than nothing and I'd take that over nothing.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Yeah it's something else I took in to consideration. Assist Trophies this time around seem to be more "dynamic" and "hard-hitting" then they were in previous games. With the Infantry & Tanks AT, they were only so limited in their direction and trajectory before they fall offstage.

With a CO AT, said CO would be summoning units at random directly at the opponent rather than 2 directions and the type of unit summonded would be random keeping the opponent on their toes. So for instance it could be a recon unit summoned going blazing fast at the opponent or rockets being launched at multiple foes.

I don't know the likelihood of this happening but man it'd be a lot better than what's in place already. Of course what we have already is better than nothing and I'd take that over nothing.
Can you imagine, if Nell were to be added to the AT, if she would become the go-to pick for an AW rep?

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

Can you imagine, if Nell were to be added to the AT, if she would become the go-to pick for an AW rep?

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I don't think so TBH. If anything, she would have her place in Smash cemented as an Assist Trophy and that would open the door for Andy as a playable character.

And it also makes sense. If Andy, the main character of the franchise was the playable representative for Advance Wars and Nell, the "Anna" of the series of sorts was the de facto Assist Trophy. Add in Sami or Will as a Snake/Andy semi-clone and that's the best representation for the series possible.

Last edited:

Spinzilla

Smash Rookie
My idea for Andy (and excuse me if this is an unoriginal idea) is have him similar to how the Pokemon Trainer functions. He's in the back commanding 3 different units which change out with down B. My three units would Infantry/Mech, Neotank and attack helicopter.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
My idea for Andy (and excuse me if this is an unoriginal idea) is have him similar to how the Pokemon Trainer functions. He's in the back commanding 3 different units which change out with down B. My three units would Infantry/Mech, Neotank and attack helicopter.
I've seen that idea floated around and while it's neat and all, I want Andy himself to also fight. With unique wrench attacks Sakurai could come up with him it'd be a waste for him to be relegated to the background.

Like for his moveset, he would have a special niche where he has a fund counter displayed near his stock icon showing the amount of funds you can use to buy units. Sakurai could rip all the units straight from the GBA games as well if he wanted to. I'd be fine with that.

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
The horrific irony of not having seen AW representation yet just after GS representation has been confirmed to return...we can only hope they don't trade places.

While I like the idea as a good way to represent the series, I kinda prefer PKMN Trainer to keep it's niche and that way Andy could come in and be a different type of 'taking command' character.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
The horrific irony of not having seen AW representation yet just after GS representation has been confirmed to return...we can only hope they don't trade places.

While I like the idea as a good way to represent the series, I kinda prefer PKMN Trainer to keep it's niche and that way Andy could come in and be a different type of 'taking command' character.
Well if the irony is completely 1:1, then that would mean we would get a bunch of Advance Wars content in the next game lol. Lets hope it's DLC instead. :)

I agree that Andy needs to be a different type of commanding character. Pokemon Trainers never fight whereas Advance Wars CO's have experience on the battlefield (albeit not actually shown in gameplay). Andy fighting for himself in addition to commanding units would be a faithful representation to that idea.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Come to think of it, the entire newcomer pool would be lessened as a result of that. Said leak covers almost all the Ballot heavy hitters. Isaac, Banjo, Geno. Not to mention K. Rool and the others already in the game.

Of course there's still Bandana Dee, Skull Kid, and an ARMS character Andy has to compete with in a second Ballot but I think a lot of Isaac supporters would get behind him given the overlap between both fanbases.
Dixie is a contender, too.

Also, let's not forget that the possibility of DLC exists. If true, I find it interesting that big wants are getting covered in one clean sweep this time around, opening up the field massively for anything that goes afterwards.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Dixie is a contender, too.

Also, let's not forget that the possibility of DLC exists. If true, I find it interesting that big wants are getting covered in one clean sweep this time around, opening up the field massively for anything that goes afterwards.
Yeah I mentioned in the main thread that should the leak be true, Dixie would be a near lock for DLC. Being a very popular semi-clone means she could be added in to pad out the roster additions in one particular DLC Wave.

Exactly. The Ballot heavy hitters at that juncture would all be in the game making the next Ballot a wild card. Of course there's still characters like Bandana Dee and Skull Kid who would easily outclass Andy in popularity. That being said though, I think Skull Kid is likely to be a boss fight in the Spirits mode and Bandana Dee i'm not sure about.

At least among new Nintendo franchises, the pool is smaller for Andy. He'll have to compete with an ARMS character and/or a LABO character if they get added in for promotion or whatever.

The newcomer pool is lessened but it's still going to be tough for our boy. But I think it's still doable.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
The newcomer pool is lessened but it's still going to be tough for our boy. But I think it's still doable.
Yeah, especially considering that his competition in the GBA realm is now severely limited, between Jill and Barbara's nigh-inexistent chances, and Isaac being in, the only ones that he can rival with now is the Warioware crew.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Yeah, especially considering that his competition in the GBA realm is now severely limited, between Jill and Barbara's nigh-inexistent chances, and Isaac being in, the only ones that he can rival with now is the Warioware crew.
And I would bet Andy outclasses all the Warioware characters outside Ashley who's an AT in the game. So among GBA characters, he's #1 provided the leak is true.

And I would go as far to say he'd be #1 among any unrepresented Nintendo franchise outside of the newer ones like ARMS/Labo that are more "fresh" in the minds of fans. I'd say Andy's chances are better than Saki's, Ray's, Jill's, and every other franchise left unrepresented in Smash (Nintendo ones mind you).

For that reason alone, I think there's a glimmer of hope.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
And I would bet Andy outclasses all the Warioware characters outside Ashley who's an AT in the game. So among GBA characters, he's #1 provided the leak is true.

And I would go as far to say he'd be #1 among any unrepresented Nintendo franchise outside of the newer ones like ARMS/Labo that are more"fresh" in the minds of fans. I'd say Andy's chances are better than Saki's, Ray's, Jill's, and every other franchise left unrepresented in Smash.

For that reason alone I think there's a glimmer of hope.
Here's to hoping. Until then, this would be the right time to drum up a movement.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Here's to hoping. Until then, this would be the right time to drum up a movement.
I mean i've been considering that but i'm not exactly sure how to go about doing that lol.

Petitions are about as useful as my College Diploma as I mentioned before (make that what you will lol) and they usually end in a whole lot of nothing. It's going to take a lot. A well organized movement to bring awareness to Advance Wars and Andy as a Smash fighter.

GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 mentioned starting a Twitter account but i'm not very savvy with social media TBH lol. I guess I could try my hand at that one day.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I mean i've been considering that but i'm not exactly sure how to go about doing that lol.

Petitions are about as useful as my College Diploma as I mentioned before (make that what you will lol) and they usually end in a whole lot of nothing. It's going to take a lot. A well organized movement to bring awareness to Advance Wars and Andy as a Smash fighter.

GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 mentioned starting a Twitter account but i'm not very savvy with social media TBH lol. I guess I could try my hand at that one day.
If all else fails, there's always DeviantArt or YouTube. That is assuming there's anyone that can draw in this thread, anyway...

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
If all else fails, there's always DeviantArt or YouTube. That is assuming there's anyone that can draw in this thread, anyway...
My drawing skills are on par with a 5 year old so I guess that's out of the equation lol.

And YT isn't my strong suit either. Unless I made videos using my crappy mic and monotone voice on why Andy should be in Smash Bros. That outta go over well. :lol:

Ahh well, I guess I could think of something.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
We do need to get some creatives. I can’t draw or program to save my life, and I don’t know how Twitter works.

Maybe if Isaac is confirmed, we can poach some talent from there? At the very least, there’s a good Twitter manager.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
We do need to get some creatives. I can’t draw or program to save my life, and I don’t know how Twitter works.

Maybe if Isaac is confirmed, we can poach some talent from there? At the very least, there’s a good Twitter manager.
Well as I mentioned many times before, I firmly believe there's a lot of Isaac/Golden Sun supporters who are also Advance Wars fans so i'd naturally be inclined to believe they'd get behind Andy during a 2nd Ballot. It would be great if a lot of those content creators would support Andy. And from what I hear, most of them are fans of Advance Wars.

Of course we have time. I don't think the "major campaigning" so to speak will start until after the game comes out and even more so when DLC is officially confirmed.

Last edited:

DogManStar

Smash Ace
I think starting a Twitter account is a good idea. Maybe we should talk to Isaac: Venus Adept Isaac: Venus Adept about what to put on our hypothetical Advance Wars/Andy for Smash account. The Isaac account has been really successful.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I think starting a Twitter account is a good idea. Maybe we should talk to Isaac: Venus Adept Isaac: Venus Adept about what to put on our hypothetical Advance Wars/Andy for Smash account. The Isaac account has been really successful.
Yeah Isaac (the user and not the character mind you lol) has done a lot of great work for the Golden Sun cause so to speak haha. He also did a lot of character rendering in the style of Ultimate (I mean putting characters in the numbered style of Ultimate). He even did one for Andy here in this thread as well.

Last edited:

Smash Lord
Yeah Isaac (the user and not the character mind you lol) has done a lot of great work for the Golden Sun cause so to speak haha. He also did a lot of character rendering in the style of Ultimate (I mean putting characters in the numbered style of Ultimate). He even did one for Andy here in this thread as well.
Aw shucks, I'll see how I can help the cause for you guys when the time comes

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Aw shucks, I'll see how I can help the cause for you guys when the time comes
BTW do you run the main Isaac for Smash Ultimate account? Or is it another one?

I've seen multiple Twitter support accounts for different characters.

Smash Lord
BTW do you run the main Isaac for Smash Ultimate account? Or is it another one?

I've seen multiple Twitter support accounts for different characters.
Nah I run the main one, the one with over 600 followers which you can find in my sig and another fan Falgor helps me out with it alot

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Nah I run the main one, the one with over 600 followers which you can find in my sig and another fan Falgor helps me out with it alot
I see. That's a pretty big feat.

And not to mention Isaac is all but confirmed to be in the game now so it looks like you've accomplished your mission. Myself included being a huge Golden Sun fan. This really feels like a dream come true.

Well if I ever need help running a future Andy Twiitter account i'll let you know. I'm not very savvy with Twitter and most social media platforms lol.

Smash Lord
I see. That's a pretty big feat.

And not to mention Isaac is all but confirmed to be in the game now so it looks like you've accomplished your mission. Myself included being a huge Golden Sun fan. This really feels like a dream come true.

Well if I ever need help running a future Andy Twiitter account i'll let you know. I'm not very savvy with Twitter and most social media platforms lol.
Lol this account was my first time using Twitter as well, I'd be perfectly happy to help you

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
To get some discussion going in this thread, what would you guys like a hypothetical Advance Wars item to be? Like maybe it could be a base/port/airport that the player uses that spawns out units until the opponent destroys said base.
Lol this account was my first time using Twitter as well, I'd be perfectly happy to help you
Well i'll give you a shout if I have no idea what i'm doing lmao. :laugh:

Last edited:
Top Bottom