• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Orange Star's Hyperactive Whiz Kid! - Andy For Smash Ultimate! We'll Live To Fight Another Day...

Favorite Advance Wars Game (Not Including pre-AW and Battalion Wars)

• Total voters

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
That's the perks of Platinum being third-party.

Anywho, it's finally here.

Finally eh? Granted, this thing was announced back in September or October and it feels like lifetime since then lol.

So a Direct hasn't happened this week but the rumor mill is heavily pointing to the 12th or the 13th. What are you guys expecting and what do you hope will happen?

clearandsweet

Smash Journeyman
ooo I gotta play the new Wargroove expansion. Got the main campaign S-ranked and played some fan made remake campaign of AW2 but didn't do much multiplayer or puzzle mode.

As for the direct, I'm just sitting here waiting for Advance Wars and Golden Sun, and both those in Smash. Juuuuust sitting waiting. I'd also be into a new traditional Paper Mario or FE7 remake.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Finally eh? Granted, this thing was announced back in September or October and it feels like lifetime since then lol.

So a Direct hasn't happened this week but the rumor mill is heavily pointing to the 12th or the 13th. What are you guys expecting and what do you hope will happen?
Super Mario 3D World for both of those questions. Really unsure about Smash anything, but I'm pretty sure we'll finally see talk about Wii U ports still.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
ooo I gotta play the new Wargroove expansion. Got the main campaign S-ranked and played some fan made remake campaign of AW2 but didn't do much multiplayer or puzzle mode.

As for the direct, I'm just sitting here waiting for Advance Wars and Golden Sun, and both those in Smash. Juuuuust sitting waiting. I'd also be into a new traditional Paper Mario or FE7 remake.
Well, if the rumor mill is to believed, both Advance Wars Mobile and a GS1+2 remake is potentially in the works. With that in mind, it could give both Andy & Isaac a boost in chances if said rumors come to pass.
Super Mario 3D World for both of those questions. Really unsure about Smash anything, but I'm pretty sure we'll finally see talk about Wii U ports still.
I bet that Fighter 6 will at least have a teaser trailer shown off in the next Direct. Not like any gameplay kind of trailer but a teaser one similar to Joker's from TGA 2018. My bet is that it's going to be a big name character to kick off the pass like Crash or Dante. Hopefully the former as he's my most wanted third party.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well, if the rumor mill is to believed, both Advance Wars Mobile and a GS1+2 remake is potentially in the works. With that in mind, it could give both Andy & Isaac a boost in chances if said rumors come to pass.

I bet that Fighter 6 will at least have a teaser trailer shown off in the next Direct. Not like any gameplay kind of trailer but a teaser one similar to Joker's from TGA 2018. My bet is that it's going to be a big name character to kick off the pass like Crash or Dante. Hopefully the former as he's my most wanted third party.
I still think that the only Dante news we'll get will pertain to Devil May Cry 3.

In regards to the next character I honestly don't know if it'll be Crash or that mysterious character who uses Bayonetta as a base, due to a glitch that was spotted recently.

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
I really must go back to Wargroove, I didn't finish it before going into Dragon Quest Builders 2.

As for the 6th character, it is really too hard to have a clear idea. Dante and Travis both seems to have a good chance, but will any of them be the 6th? Crash I have mixed feelings, he is an icon, but he is owned by a western company, more precisely Activision. Doomslayer is on the same boat. Master chief too, but not because I think Microsoft doesn't want but because (1) he is not really known in Jpana and (2) I believe Steve will happen in this pass. Also, does Sora will come?

There are just too many possibilities. The only three things I'm nearly certain are (1) Steve will happen, (2) there won't be more than one other western character (aside Steve), if there's only even one and (3) more first party!

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Y'all seen this?

Sure this might be speculation on the part of Imran but if true, it could potentially bode well for Andy's chances in addition to what I mentioned before. Really hoping there's like 2-3 Nintendo characters on this Pass.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Y'all seen this?

Sure this might be specularion on the part of Imran but if true, it could potentially bode well for Andy's chances in addition to what I mentioned before. Really hoping there's like 2-3 Nintendo characters on this Pass.
Forgive me for asking, but what has this leaker gotten right? At this point, I have to know their track record in order to go along with it...

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Forgive me for asking, but what has this leaker gotten right? At this point, I have to know their track record in order to go along with it...
Imran Kahn is a notable insider in the industry. For Smash spefically, he called bull on the Grinch Leak and knew about more DLC last June. You can read up more about his cred but he's one of the more trustworthy sources.

Even if merely speculation on his part, that's pretty worthwhile and insteresting. I hope this means we see 2 (maybe 3) Nintendo characters on the Pass and if so, it bodes well for Andy as mentioned before.
In any case, just to be on the safe side in regards to this kind of matter, I'd abide by fog's advice; be ready for anything and presume nothing.

Sure, patterns can be broken, but still.
True. I already expected 1 Nintendo character but having like 2 or 3 would be best case scenario.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
If what's said about Imran's recent statement is true, it would line up with my assumption about having more first-parties in this pass as a buffer period to reduce third-party costs, while Ninty works out negotiations for third-parties coming later on (if another pass gets confirmed at some point).

In any case, this could get interesting. Cautiously optimistic.

kCxWGSH.gif

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
If what's said about Imran's recent statement is true, it would line up with my assumption about having more first-parties in this pass as a buffer period to reduce third-party costs, while Ninty works out negotiations for third-parties coming later on (if another pass gets confirmed at some point).

In any case, this could get interesting. Cautiously optimistic.

View attachment 261433
I wouldn't consider it a "buffer" so to speak more so than them not having to spend as much on 3rd parties and negotations. Which is why having a pass with half of them being characters of their own makes sense. Also, with DLC locked in by mid-late last year, all the talks for this Pass are done so I doubt there's any kind of buffer.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I wouldn't consider it a "buffer" so to speak more so than them not having to spend as much on 3rd parties and negotations. Which is why having a pass with half of them being characters of their own makes sense. Also, with DLC locked in by mid-late last year, all the talks for this Pass are done so I doubt there's any kind of buffer.
To be fair, I didn't know what other term to use instead, but good point.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
To be fair, I didn't know what other term to use instead, but good point.
Yeah. The way you sorta said that was like "Nintendo characters will be the first part of the Pass and to allow Nintendo to work out negotations with third-parties" which I couldn't agree with lol.

I think if anything, we might get 1 first-party in 2020 and another in 2021. I think the 2020 character is more likely to be the "Byleth" of FP2, most likely being one of the DLC Pokemon from the Sw/Sh Expansion coming out around the same time that DLC drops much to the displeasure of the Smash community (not gonna lie, myself included lol).

The other 2021 one? I think there's a chance it could be used to promote something from that timeframe as well. And maybe Nintendo would know about the backlash behind adding another character from a franchise with too many characters. Hence why I think a character like Andy would fit that criteria to a tee. Imagine all the good PR Nintendo would get from bringing back the Advance Wars series along with featuring it in Smash Bros. Even more so considering how long people have been clamouring for a new game for the past 12 years.

Of course for this to happen, said Advance Wars rumor has to come true whether that be a Switch game or a Mobile title (most likely the latter). A Switch game would most likely have that main protag as the main character so TBH, I actually prefer a Mobile title since it would feature Andy as the lead character and give him a serious boost in chances for DLC. Plus with a Mobile title, it gets the Advance Wars IP in front of consumers a lot easier than releasing a new Switch game. Something a franchise like this needs after being gone for so long. And a successful Mobile title would make a Switch game inveitable so there's that as well.

tfw the state of this thread is waiting on a game announcement that may or may not exist lmao

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yeah. The way you sorta said that was like "Nintendo characters will be the first part of the Pass and to allow Nintendo to work out negotations with third-parties" which I couldn't agree with lol.

I think if anything, we might get 1 first-party in 2020 and another in 2021. I think the 2020 character is more likely to be the "Byleth" of FP2, most likely being one of the DLC Pokemon from the Sw/Sh Expansion coming out around the same time that DLC drops much to the displeasurs of the Smash community (not gonna lie, myself included lol).

The other 2021 one? I think there's a chance it could be used to promote something from that timeframe as well. And maybe Nintendo would know about the backlash behind adding another character from a franchise with too many characters. Hence why I think a character like Andy would fit that criteria to a tee. Imagine all the good PR Nintendo would get from bringing back the Advance Wars series along with featuring it in Smash Bros. Even more so considering how long people have been clamouring for a new game for the past 12 years.

Of course for this to happen, said Advance Wars rumor has to come true whether that be a Switch game or a Mobile title (most likely the latter). A Switch game would most likely have that main protag as the main character so TBH, I actually prefer a Mobile title since it would feature Andy as the lead character and give him a serious boost in chances for DLC. Plus with a Mobile title, it gets the Advance Wars IP in front of consumers a lot easier than releasing a new Switch game. Something a franchise like this needs after being gone for so long. And a successful Mobile title would make a Switch game inveitable so there's that as well.

tfw the state of this thread is waiting on a game announcement that may or may not exist lmao
Well I never really implied that, more like "they'll put in first parties for a certain period of time". Guess I was unintentionally vague again, ugh...The point is, we don't know exactly when we'll see the first of the first parties in this pass, if any. Or whether they'll show them in any given order.

I wouldn't be mad about Gen 8, in fact I've been expecting them for a while, so for them to be consigned to a spirit event is more than a little odd to me. Plus there's rumors about Pokémon Company needing to have their hand forced about DLC for Pokémon anything, so who knows there I guess.

Plus we still haven't seen hide nor hair of any Luigi's Mansion 3 content besides Luigi's throw. That might mean something.

We just don't know what will happen.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Well I never really implied that, more like "they'll put in first parties for a certain period of time". Guess I was unintentionally vague again, ugh...The point is, we don't know exactly when we'll see the first of the first parties in this pass, if any. Or whether they'll show them in any given order.

I wouldn't be mad about Gen 8, in fact I've been expecting them for a while, so for them to be consigned to a spirit event is more than a little odd to me. Plus there's rumors about Pokémon Company needing to have their hand forced about DLC for Pokémon anything, so who knows there I guess.

Plus we still haven't seen hide nor hair of any Luigi's Mansion 3 content besides Luigi's throw. That might mean something.

We just don't know what will happen.
I really doubt LM3 is getting any content lol. I mean there's not much going in the way for that game in terms of a playable fighter.

I mean I would say PKMN but it's a toss-up. I still think there's a chance for it to happen this year given DLC and how big of a franchise it is. It did get a Spirit Event last November which makes me feel a little less certain about it's chances but like I said, it is the PKMN series. Kinda hoping it doesn't happen personally but I won't be shocked if it happens. Again, it's a tossup yes but i'm thinking it's 60-40 going to happen.

Something going in AW's favor is how cooperative Intelligent Systems is with Sakurai when it comes to Smash and DLC spefically. Smash 4 saw two of their characters get in (for diferent reasons mind you but still). I don't think it's a stretch to think it could happen again especially after Sakurai gave the series a nod without spefically mentioning it by name. Again, everything hinges on a new title so we're going to have to wait until next week's Direct (most likely) or the April Investor's conference.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yeah, there has been rumors that directs will happen later this month (one general, one Animal Crossing), with the first theoretically coming next week. Until then, it's a :tired: time for all, so I would advise to exercise patience.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I really doubt LM3 is getting any content lol. I mean there's not much going in the way for that game in terms of a playable fighter.

I mean I would say PKMN but it's a toss-up. I still think there's a chance for it to happen this year given DLC and how big of a franchise it is. It did get a Spirit Event last November which makes me feel a little less certain about it's chances but like I said, it is the PKMN series. Kinda hoping it doesn't happen personally but I won't be shocked if it happens. Again, it's a tossup yes but i'm thinking it's 60-40 going to happen.

Something going in AW's favor is how cooperative Intelligent Systems is with Sakurai when it comes to Smash and DLC spefically. Smash 4 saw two of their characters get in (for diferent reasons mind you but still). I don't think it's a stretch to think it could happen again especially after Sakurai gave the series a nod without spefically mentioning it by name. Again, everything hinges on a new title so we're going to have to wait until next week's Direct (most likely) or the April Investor's conference.
That's fair enough, although on the topic of mobile games (that's why we're waiting for the April thing, right?), you guys are kinda sleeping on Euden from Dragalia Lost. I know, it's a mobile game, but it's Nintendo's first original IP on mobile, and definetly one of their better attempts. Plus, it's pretty much in the same spot as Astral Chain and Fire Emblem: Three Houses before their respective inclusions, so the continued absence is more noticeable. Plus, if the AW Mobile rumor IS true, a crossover with DL would help to spread the word. Still, this is all hypothetical, so don't take it as certain just yet.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
It's not that Luigi has the new Poltergust, it's that we first learned about it from Smash that makes me doubt they feel the need to promote LM3 further using it.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Yeah, there has been rumors that directs will happen later this month (one general, one Animal Crossing), with the first theoretically coming next week. Until then, it's a :tired: time for all, so I would advise to exercise patience.
Most likely. I can't see why Nintendo would put it off any longer.
That's fair enough, although on the topic of mobile games (that's why we're waiting for the April thing, right?), you guys are kinda sleeping on Euden from Dragalia Lost. I know, it's a mobile game, but it's Nintendo's first original IP on mobile, and definetly one of their better attempts. Plus, it's pretty much in the same spot as Astral Chain and Fire Emblem: Three Houses before their respective inclusions, so the continued absence is more noticeable. Plus, if the AW Mobile rumor IS true, a crossover with DL would help to spread the word. Still, this is all hypothetical, so don't take it as certain just yet.
I mean sure but at least the Wars series has a large history behind it which is somethig DL doesn't have. DL is Mobile only and AW has it's roots dated to 1988 on almost every Nintendo platform pre Wii U/3DS. So if AW does get it's mobile title, it would be that renewed push in addition to the franchises legacy which would be a huge push in addition to the unique moveset it would bring.

That being said, I would love to see a crossover of any kind with AW and DL, FE, or what have you. But I don't think DL being absent as a Spirit means much given plans for FP2 weren't a thing in 2018 other than a vague concept. It didn't even get a base game Spirit either.
It's not that Luigi has the new Poltergust, it's that we first learned about it from Smash that makes me doubt they feel the need to promote LM3 further using it.
Yeah and who do you really add from that game? Gooigi? Lmao.

This could always be an Astral Chain situation where it gets a Spirit event many months after it releases. Same deal with Ring Fit.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
King Boo, man. It ain't rocket science. At this point he's got enough to work with, so them adding the latest characters isn't always a given (we've yet to see the Sprixies playable in anything beyond Mario Tennis, for one).

Yes, he has a spirit (for Dark Moon), but Andy has a spirit too, so they're in the same ambiguous situation.

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
King Boo, man. It ain't rocket science. At this point he's got enough to work with, so them adding the latest characters isn't always a given (we've yet to see the Sprixies playable in anything beyond Mario Tennis, for one).

Yes, he has a spirit (for Dark Moon), but Andy has a spirit too, so they're in the same ambiguous situation.
I dunno. Unless we get a lot of Spirit promotions, in which case KB would stand a chance, I don't see it. There's several others who would, in my eyes, have priority over King Boo (Waluigi, Rex, Isaac, Dixie and BWD come to mind).

Plus in terms of "new" content, it's just the all-new LM3 ghosts that are missing. I feel like we might get a Spirit event for them (Helen Gravely and a few others).

For first parties that have zero content in Smash, the only two options I see are Ring Fit, because it's doing really well (and it's technically a spiritual successor to the Wii series, which was a huge landmark for Nintendo back then, so being "unproven" might not be a problem) or a completely new characters from upcoming, unnanounced titles.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

I mean I can't see it personally I guess. Doesn't seem like the character that would be made DLC especially given Geno is more likely as a Mario character.
I dunno. Unless we get a lot of Spirit promotions, in which case KB would stand a chance, I don't see it. There's several others who would, in my eyes, have priority over King Boo (Waluigi, Rex, Isaac, Dixie and BWD come to mind).

Plus in terms of "new" content, it's just the all-new LM3 ghosts that are missing. I feel like we might get a Spirit event for them (Helen Gravely and a few others).

For first parties that have zero content in Smash, the only two options I see are Ring Fit, because it's doing really well (and it's technically a spiritual successor to the Wii series, which was a huge landmark for Nintendo back then, so being "unproven" might not be a problem) or a completely new characters from upcoming, unnanounced titles.
Yeah. The only way Andy is prioritzed over the likes of the characters you mentioned is if Nintendo had big plans for the franchise on Mobile and really wanted to invest in it. Which is not entirely unlikely given rumors & trademarks.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
You know, in light of my discovery of the particulars of the Advance Wars trademark last December and the AW Mobile rumors, this quote from the Intelligent Systems dev last July seems very interesting in particular. Check out the article below.

https://ca.ign.com/articles/2019/07...f-theyve-thought-about-an-advance-wars-sequel

Notice how the dev says "While we can say we're working on the DLC" and specifcally mentions Intelligent Systems & Koei Tecmo? That got me thinking of how the dev was being cheeky with his comments. The team that made TH would most likely not have involvement in whatever AW Mobile game comes out because it would be headed by the other part of IntSys. That being the team that does FEH and wasn't apart of TH's development. So him saying his team "doesn't have time to think about what's next" holds a lot of weight in hindsight even if it was a partial truth.

I know I talked about this article before but it was interesting to re-read it based on things we know and heard as of late.

Anyways, the Direct is likely this Thursday. Lets see if we have some dormant franchises being announced here (potentially rumored ones like Golden Sun, Wario Land, & Earthhound). If they come to pass, it would inspire a lot of confidence in AW Mobile being announced at the next investor meeting.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Well, I don't know if this means anything, but I figured I'd show it.

That FEH money went to good use huh?

/s

This can only mean good things for us IMO. More resources and manpower means more projects they can handle. And with that, the more confident I am in something Advance Wars related being in the works, whether that's Mobile or Switch.

Sunredo

Smash Apprentice
Can't lie, I think a mobile game isn't the way to properly gauge interest. It would be better if they released the previous four games in a collection with a gallery for the game's artwork, a jukebox feature, Online, etc, etc. I also don't know that a lot of people who actively play mobile games would be able to add an AW game to their already sizable plate of other games they need to keep up with daily. With a collection it makes it easy to catch up and familiarize yourself with the series as well as letting veterans (Or people who got into the series during the current drought) finally be able to show their demand for a new entry in the series with their wallets.

Just my thoughts, sign me up as a supporter please.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Can't lie, I think a mobile game isn't the way to properly gauge interest. It would be better if they released the previous four games in a collection with a gallery for the game's artwork, a jukebox feature, Online, etc, etc. I also don't know that a lot of people who actively play mobile games would be able to add an AW game to their already sizable plate of other games they need to keep up with daily. With a collection it makes it easy to catch up and familiarize yourself with the series as well as letting veterans (Or people who got into the series during the current drought) finally be able to show their demand for a new entry in the series with their wallets.

Just my thoughts, sign me up as a supporter please.
Those are valid points. I can see why someone would think that but I see it a bit differently.

Nintendo & IntSys might see a new AW on the Switch as too much of a financial risk for them or at least bringing back a decade+ old franchise that wasn't a million seller beforehand. By reintroducing the franchise in Mobile, they can expose the AW IP to a much more larger audience than they would be able to with a standard one-time purchase game on the Switch. A Mobile game would be free to download and hence, in front of more eyeballs. And the more people play the Mobile game, the more engaged they are with the IP and the series outright.

The other added benefit to that is having all the past CO' s starring in that game whereas a new Switch game would mostly feature a new cast. With that in mind, Andy's chances for Smash go way up given what I mentioned about Nintendo's mobile business being as lucrative as it is.

Of course, they could still port the older games on the Switch for newer and older players. Hell, I fully expect them to go this route if the rumor is true. Many would experience the older games before the Mobile game would release. And another thing to remember is that the success of whatever Mobile game would naturally lead to a Switch game proper regardless. So naturally, we'd get both happening in this scenario.

Anyways, thanks for supporting. I'll add you to the list now. Always great to see new faces here.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Assuming the rumor is even true at all, we've still yet to see a general Direct for that to be showcased in, and we probably won't see it until the end of Spring (after New Horizons and Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition are out).

Until then, nothing much to do but pass the time. So it's best not to treat the rumor as an absolute for now.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Assuming the rumor is even true at all, we've still yet to see a general Direct for that to be showcased in, and we probably won't see it until the end of Spring (after New Horizons and Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition are out).

Until then, nothing much to do but pass the time. So it's best not to treat the rumor as an absolute for now.
There's a popular rumor going around that the Direct might have been delayed due to the Coronavirus going around. I mean there is a possibility for that seeing as how Sony pulled out of PAX East over fears of the virus. The only thing is that we literally got an AC Direct like 9 days ago so I honestly doubt it's the case.

I guess they just decided to have their Direct in March or April this year because they didn't have much going on for the 1st half of the year. XBC:DE is likely coming out in May/June so I would think there would be some kind of Direct that happens at least in March or April at the very latest. I just can't see them going all the way to E3 without a Direct really.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
There's a popular rumor going around that the Direct might have been delayed due to the Coronavirus going around. I mean there is a possibility for that seeing as how Sony pulled out of PAX East over fears of the virus. The only thing is that we literally got an AC Direct like 9 days ago so I honestly doubt it's the case.

I guess they just decided to have their Direct in March or April this year because they didn't have much going on for the 1st half of the year. XBC:DE is likely coming out in May/June so I would think there would be some kind of Direct that happens at least in March or April at the very latest. I just can't see them going all the way to E3 without a Direct really.
Yeah, also I don't remember where it was said, but it was stated by Sakurai that the next character would take "a little more time to prepare". Which, for once, isn't a statement taken at face value since it's been over a month and we've yet to see any preview for the next fighter.

For what it's worth, Sabi's final rumor before their retirement claimed that there could be a mid-March Nindies, so we probably won't see the general direct until April, at the least.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Yeah, also I don't remember where it was said, but it was stated by Sakurai that the next character would take "a little more time to prepare". Which, for once, isn't a statement taken at face value since it's been over a month and we've yet to see any preview for the next fighter.

For what it's worth, Sabi's final rumor before their retirement claimed that there could be a mid-March Nindies, so we probably won't see the general direct until April, at the least.
But by that point, the Internet will have burned itself to the ground in impatience.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

If you recall from 2018, we got a standard Direct in March and a Nindie presentation a few weeks after. The timing works the same way here IMO meaning it could be a few weeks before or after the Nindie thing in mid-March.

I mean sure, I believe Sakurai when he said it'll take a while before the next fighter to be prepared but there's literally nothing stoping them from throwing out a teaser trailer in the next Direct like they did Joker. So I fully expect that to be the case again. Prob with a big heavy hitter like Crash or Dante.
But by that point, the Internet will have burned itself to the ground in impatience.
By then, angry Twitter users would have stormed Nintendo HQ and raided their secret plans for 2020. That will be our March/April Direct of the year. :)

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
So, business as usual. Remember that there have been worse waiting periods during 4's speculation cycle.

Besides, for example Final Fantasy VII Remake should be coming out during that month, and we still are getting Nitro-Fueled events, so it's not like there are no games at all for people to distract themselves with in the meantime (unless they're obsessed with speed-running for lord knows what reason).

Also, the upcoming Animal Crossing, which has no end objective in the first place.

If you recall from 2018, we got a standard Direct in March and a Nindie presentation a few weeks after. The timing works the same way here IMO meaning it could be a few weeks before or after the Nindie thing in mid-March.

I mean sure, I believe Sakurai when he said it'll take a while before the next fighter to be prepared but there's literally nothing stoping them from throwing out a teaser trailer in the next Direct like they did Joker. So I fully expect that to be the case again. Prob with a big heavy hitter like Crash or Dante.
Assuming that the direct got delayed and what Zippo initially said about there being two Directs for this month was going to be true after all until plans changed, what you're saying does seem like it could line up. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
KirbyWorshipper2465 KirbyWorshipper2465 In regards to what you said about AW Mobile just being a rumor right now, while that's true and all I just wanted to give my rationale as to why that or a Switch game is likely happening.

1) Trademark. Yes I mentioned this a zillion times already but the trademark was very particular in that it was a new trademark unrelated to any kind of expiry date or renewal unlike most other 2018 trademarks. Also, keep in mind that not every series was trademarked like Custom Robo. As an aside, the AW trademark from Dec 2018 was recently "Issued & Active" a week and a half ago so there's that as well.

2) Coy statement from IntSys. The interview Mr. Kushikhara (hope I spelt that right lol) gave last year was super defelcting in that he mentioned that his team (the small IntSys staff responsible for TH's development) wasn't involved in AW's development but didn't deny the possibility outright. The core team at IntSys that wasn't working on TH had to have been doing something in that meantime. Obviously, there's the rumors of the new Paper Mario, WarioWare, and whatever FE7/6 remake but that leaves enough room for AW Mobile to exist or even a smaller scale Switch game.

So while nothing is confirmed sure, there's enough going for this where I feel it's more likely than not that we get something AW related sooner or later. Which is funny when you consider that both Advance Wars & Golden Sun were considered more dead than Mother 3 being localized around the mid/mid-late 2010's and now both have a viable chance of returning within a year's time.

The times are a changin'!

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Speaking of which, having a "smaller" mobile game supporting a bigger console one wouldn't be unprecedented. Besides Mario's usual stuff, just look at the leaks of Crash getting a new mobile game. Not because it's dead, but to accompany the next major console entry that has yet to be revealed, since the brand is more alive than ever.

The only question is when Int. Sys. will feel that the time is right to unveil such plans and step out of their comfort zone.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Speaking of which, having a "smaller" mobile game supporting a bigger console one wouldn't be unprecedented. Besides Mario's usual stuff, just look at the leaks of Crash getting a new mobile game. Not because it's dead, but to accompany the next major console entry that has yet to be revealed, since the brand is more alive than ever.

The only question is when Int. Sys. will feel that the time is right to unveil such plans and step out of their comfort zone.
I would think it's a bit different with AW still dormant but yeah. Whatever mobile game would serve as a precursor to a Switch game proper.

Hopefully we get the announcement in the late April Investors meeting.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...kstarter_had_nothing_to_do_with_raising_funds

So, there you have it, the W101 Kickstarter was done purely to gauge interest. Only with a property developed by a third-party can something like this be done.
That sounds pretty shady to me IMO. I mean doing a Kickstarter and then being all like "SIKE this was going to happen anyways!". I just hope that KS money goes to good use.

Anyways, how are we all feeling about a Direct this week or next week? I think there's a chance but honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if we're waiting until April or even E3 for that at this point.

Top Bottom