• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Orange Star's Hyperactive Whiz Kid! - Andy For Smash Ultimate! We'll Live To Fight Another Day...

Favorite Advance Wars Game (Not Including pre-AW and Battalion Wars)

• Total voters

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
...oof

That looks like some GamerGate **** CF has on their hands. Hope that brand of ugliness doesn't make it's way to Wargroove.

On a lighter note, we Page 40 boys! I honestly never expected this thread to get this far even more so considering all the previous Andy threads. The Smash 4 Andy thread didn't even reach 10 pages and the Brawl one was a measely TWO pages.

Suffice to say, we've done good here my guys. Let's keep the momentum going!

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Hey, so, Verge retracted the no Nintendo characters thing. Probably means nothing to us, but, who knows...?

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
So the thing I wanted to talk to you guys about..

I'm not sure if you've seen it already but GameXplain has been awfully coy about the idea of a Spirit promotion as DLC. In particular, the idea of a Spirit promotion not only happening as DLC but as apart of Challenger Pack 5.

They mentioned the idea not once, but twice. The first was in a random video they uploaded talking about the idea of promotions as Fighter 5 and the other was in their VGA prediction video talking about the concept. Keep in mind this is also coming at a time when Verge retracted his statement about his deconfirms, opening the door to Nintendo & spirits.

The character promotion video.

The VGA prediction video (skip to 15:27)

GX seems to be leaning more towards Geno & Rex/Pyra as the promotion characters. They even went as far to say the XC2 characters are the "safe bet" but I kind of doubt that given XC2 was given Spirits, music tracks, and a Mii Costume already. I think they have a good chance post-pass but prob not CP5. Then there's Geno and as hype as it would be for his fans, adding a Mario character when the Pass is adding new franchises playable doesn't seem likely for the same reason. Likewise, I think he has a shot after the pass.

What if this teasing...was hinting at Advance Wars being promoted? I mean I did an entire write-up this past summer talking about the subject (even making some really out there points that I cringe at now lol) but I sorta lost hope for it as time went on.

Specifically, I talked about how odd it was for AW's AT so suddenly disappear the way it did after being in both Brawl & Smash 4 along with the bizarre situation with it's Spirit content. Max & Sami being left out despite them being very important to the games and having Eagle & Olaf over them was really sus. And of course, no Mii Costume or music track in the game.

There was also the trademark situation that sorta happened right after Ultimate launched but most of everything was trademarked in 2018. But still, timing is interesting. It was trademarked alongside Style Savvy for what that's worth.

So with all the buzz about promotions not being out of the picture, maybe there is hope for AW after all? Like, by no means am I calling it a front runner or anything but all of these things happening sort of give me hope. IDK.

One last thing I wanted to mention is more of a crackpot theory but hey most of this is reaching so why not?

'member the Daisy Theory everyone kept ****posting about? Well, here's my spin on it..

*apologies for crude copy/pasting*

Ehh?

Ehh?

It all lines up now doesn't it?

Well maybe not but that's what jumped at me when I saw it. And of course, both characters being associated with the color Orange which is what the Color Theory™ demands the next character to be. It's a good thing Andy is proudly repping ORANGE Star ehh?

So that aside, how do you guys feel about this? I know this is super reaching but as a certified AW fanboy™ i'm holding on to a bit of hope lol.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero

I'm not sure if you've seen it already but GameXplain has been awfully coy about the idea of a Spirit promotion as DLC. In particular, the idea of a Spirit promotion not only happening as DLC but as apart of Challenger Pack 5.

They mentioned the idea not once, but twice. The first was in a random video they uploaded talking about the idea of promotions as Fighter 5 and the other was in their VGA prediction video talking about the concept. Keep in mind this is also coming at a time when Verge retracted his statement about his deconfirms, opening the door to Nintendo & spirits.

GX seems to be leaning more towards Geno & Rex/Pyra as the promotion characters. They even went as far to say the XC2 characters are the "safe bet" but I kind of doubt that given XC2 was given Spirits, music tracks, and a Mii Costume already. I think they have a good chance post-pass but prob not CP5. Then there's Geno and as hype as it would be for his fans, adding a Mario character when the Pass is adding new franchises playable doesn't seem likely for the same reason. Likewise, I think he has a shot after the pass.

What if this teasing...was hinting at Advance Wars being promoted? I mean I did an entire write-up this past summer talking about the subject (even making some really out there points that I cringe at now lol) but I sorta lost hope for it as time went on.

Specifically, I talked about how odd it was for AW's AT so suddenly disappear the way it did after being in both Brawl & Smash 4 along with the bizarre situation with it's Spirit content. Max & Sami being left out despite them being very important to the games and having Eagle & Olaf over them was really sus. And of course, no Mii Costume or music track in the game.

There was also the trademark situation that sorta happened right after Ultimate launched but most of everything was trademarked in 2018. But still, timing is interesting. It was trademarked alongside Style Savvy for what that's worth.

So with all the buzz about promotions not being out of the picture, maybe there is hope for AW after all? Like, by no means am I calling it a front runner or anything but all of these things happening sort of give me hope. IDK.

One last thing I wanted to mention is more of a crackpot theory but hey most of this is reaching so why not?

'member the Daisy Theory everyone kept ****posting about? Well, here's my spin on it..

Ehh?

Ehh?

Well maybe not but that's what jumped at me when I saw it. And of course, both characters being associated with the color Orange which is what the Color Theory™ demands the next character to be. It's a good thing Andy is proudly repping ORANGE Star ehh?

So that aside, how do you guys feel about this? I know this is super reaching but as a certified AW fanboy™ i'm holding on to a bit of hope lol.
I really want to believe that ANY 1st party is possible for FP5, but I just don't see it happening. POST-Pass however... I mean, I honestly see Andy happening provided support for him was decent during the Smash Ballot...

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I really want to believe that ANY 1st party is possible for FP5, but I just don't see it happening. POST-Pass however... I mean, I honestly see Andy happening provided support for him was decent during the Smash Ballot...
Oh yeah I totally get where you're coming from. Up until like a week ago, I had all but given up hope on Andy being in the Pass especially after my questionable theory for him last Summer lol. Then I saw the two GX videos and it was all like "huh, really?"

With all this talk about 1st parties possibly being a contender for Fighter 5...and that it could very well be an upgrade has reignited a lot of that hope again. I'm being very cautious about this but like, there are some things that add up for Andy assuming what GX said is true.

And my goodness, if Andy were to ever clutch it out like that in the very last spot, it would be the most glorious thing ever. The ultimate underdog victory in Smash speculation history lol.

If not, then we just have to hope he might have some luck post-pass. I mean if Hayabusa is fair game, then why not Andy? I don't believe those two situations are too far off from one another.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I'm also leaning more along the lines of probably no Nintendo for the Fighter Pass. Post-pass I could definitely see it, even of it's somewhat of a long shot.

A new game though, that shoots our chances up into the stratosphere.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

Ehh?

Ehh?

I would go into more detail about the Rex & Pyra situation (since it's actually a bit more complicated than people think), but that wasn't the part you were asking about. Now, about Andy being the potential Spirit promotion... there's only one way I can see it working: they use it as a way to promote a new Advance Wars game. As much as I feel bad for saying it, there's no reason for them to do it otherwise. Even then, would the Game Awards be a good place to announce that? It's a bit more mainstream than, say, a typical Nintendo Direct (although given they usually do a Direct after a Nindies showcase, one of which just got announced, we wouldn't have to wait too long).

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I'm also leaning more along the lines of probably no Nintendo for the Fighter Pass. Post-pass I could definitely see it, even of it's somewhat of a long shot.

A new game though, that shoots our chances up into the stratosphere.
I mean so was I up until last week. The only reason I renewed hope was because of all that hoopla about 1st parties being promoted. And now with KOS-MOS being the frontrunner, it seems like that hope is gone, again (insert laugh track).

Methinks GX got word that FIghter 5 could be from Monolith which is why they did their promotion video in the chance it could have been Rex/Pyra, a Nintendo character. But since KOS-MOS is still partially owned by Monolith (I think?) there was probably a confusion. Either way, it's a bummer I guess after there was some optimism for 1st party characters.

So that leaves Andy in a kind of rough place. For one, his deconfirm would no longer be in place after the Fighters Pass seeing as that was decided on in 2018 and that all the Spirits are fair game now (technically speaking). On the other hand, there's no telling Sakurai would even be interested in doing such a thing. There are the Hayabusa rumors sure and Andy sorta falls under the same umbrella in that he hails from a historic, NES series. In fact, the Wars series has more than enough going for it in terms of historic impact (see my post on the previous page) that could warrant it a place in Smash but like I said, it all comes down to whether or not Sakurai wants to do it.
I would go into more detail about the Rex & Pyra situation (since it's actually a bit more complicated than people think), but that wasn't the part you were asking about. Now, about Andy being the potential Spirit promotion... there's only one way I can see it working: they use it as a way to promote a new Advance Wars game. As much as I feel bad for saying it, there's no reason for them to do it otherwise. Even then, would the Game Awards be a good place to announce that? It's a bit more mainstream than, say, a typical Nintendo Direct (although given they usually do a Direct after a Nindies showcase, one of which just got announced, we wouldn't have to wait too long).
Yeah, there seemed to be a misunderstanding with Namco and Monolith that lead to some thinking Rex/Pyra could be promoted. So maybe the source thought KOS-MOS belonged to Monolith or something IDK.

I'm in the camp that believes a new game is what will most likely propel a new game in to being green lit as well. For a while, I thought it was the only way but then the Hayabusa rumors sorta popped up and I thought maybe the series could get in through it's historic impact alone. Andy hails from the last long-running NES franchise left to be included in Smash Bros not to mention he stars in one of the most critically acclaimed games of all time from that series. Along with what I mentioned, isn't that noteworthy enough for inclusion despite not being well known? I haven't even scratched the surface in regards to moveset potential as well seeing as how Sakurai says it's what's most important for a character to have. Andy is unique in that he has a moveset no one else on the roster can replicate.

As far the TGA's go, they're going to reveal KOS-MOS of all characters there (no disrespect to her fans) so I don't see why it's so far-fetched to have Andy be revealed at a venue like that. Considering how beloved Advance Wars is among western fans and the respect it has in the gaming public. I suppose it's a moot point now, however with KOS-MOS looking to be the most likely reveal for Fighter #5.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I mean so was I up until last week. The only reason I renewed hope was because of all that hoopla about 1st parties being promoted. And now with KOS-MOS being the frontrunner, it seems like that hope is gone, again (insert laugh track).

Methinks GX got word that FIghter 5 could be from Monolith which is why they did their promotion video in the chance it could have been Rex/Pyra, a Nintendo character. But since KOS-MOS is still partially owned by Monolith (I think?) there was probably a confusion. Either way, it's a bummer I guess after there was some optimism for 1st party characters.

So that leaves Andy in a kind of rough place. For one, his deconfirm would no longer be in place after the Fighters Pass seeing as that was decided on in 2018 and that all the Spirits are fair game now (technically speaking). On the other hand, there's no telling Sakurai would even be interested in doing such a thing. There are the Hayabusa rumors sure and Andy sorta falls under the same umbrella in that he hails from a historic, NES series. In fact, the Wars series has more than enough going for it in terms of historic impact (see my post on the previous page) that could warrant it a place in Smash but like I said, it all comes down to whether or not Sakurai wants to do it.

Yeah, there seemed to be a misunderstanding with Namco and Monolith that lead to some thinking Rex/Pyra could be promoted. So maybe the source thought KOS-MOS belonged to Monolith or something IDK.

I'm in the camp that believes a new game is what will most likely propel a new game in to being green lit as well. For a while, I thought it was the only way but then the Hayabusa rumors sorta popped up and I thought maybe the series could get in through it's historic impact alone. Andy hails from the last long-running NES franchise left to be included in Smash Bros not to mention he stars in one of the most critically acclaimed games of all time from that series. Along with what I mentioned, isn't that noteworthy enough for inclusion despite not being well known? I haven't even scratched the surface in regards to moveset potential as well seeing as how Sakurai says it's what's most important for a character to have. Andy is unique in that he has a moveset no one else on the roster can replicate.

As far the TGA's go, they're going to reveal KOS-MOS of all characters there (no disrespect to her fans) so I don't see why it's so far-fetched to have Andy be revealed at a venue like that. Considering how beloved Advance Wars is among western fans and the respect it has in the gaming public. I suppose it's a moot point now, however with KOS-MOS looking to be the most likely reveal for Fighter #5.
Wait, when did KOS-MOS get confirmed? I'm not trying to question your judgement, but this is the first I've heard of it. Although I do know that the situation on who owns what from Monolith's days at Bamco is a bit confusing, especially with poor Baton Kaitos...

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Wait, when did KOS-MOS get confirmed? I'm not trying to question your judgement, but this is the first I've heard of it. Although I do know that the situation on who owns what from Monolith's days at Bamco is a bit confusing, especially with poor Baton Kaitos...
Err, it's the popular rumor going on because of a few leaks that correctly guessed some game announcements involving her as well as Jon Cartwright low-key predicting her in their VGA prediction video. Also, Verge deconfirmed Bamco but left some ambiguity for KOS-MOS in that his source "wasn't sure".

Things seem to point to her and honestly i'm 95% convinced it's her now. Anything can happen I guess but that's what I expect to see 3 days from now.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Well, Wargroove lost, though if you ask me, getting nominated at all was a pretty big deal. Also, no Smash reveal either, though now I don't know when that'll happen (obviously, it'll be before February, but I mean specifically). Plus, the situation with KOS-MOS hasn't gotten any simpler, apparently there's confusion about who owns her? I'm not quite sure.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Well, Wargroove lost, though if you ask me, getting nominated at all was a pretty big deal. Also, no Smash reveal either, though now I don't know when that'll happen (obviously, it'll be before February, but I mean specifically). Plus, the situation with KOS-MOS hasn't gotten any simpler, apparently there's confusion about who owns her? I'm not quite sure.
Well said. I didn't expect Wargroove to win but it was nice that it got nominated and CF had their work highlighted the way it did. Major props to the CF devs! These guys rock.

Smash speculation is really jank now. Leakers took a major L last night and now things are shrouded in doubt. I still feel KOS-MOS is the most likely character but hopefully we won't have to wait too long to find out.

Something I found odd during all this chaos was the fact that Vergeben didn't say Spirits/AT's were deconfirmed for the #5 spot. Which is odd because you would think that would be the easiest to deconfirm over any 3rd party character right? Even Sabi hasn't done the same thing with that despite both of ther deconfirms.

I'm not trying to assert anything here but it comes off as very strange. After all, their credibility did come in to question last night but still. I'm very interested in seeing how this all unfolds.

EDIT: In regards to your comment as to who owns KOS-MOS, I believe Monolith owns her XC2 design but Bandai Namco owns the character? Something like that. BN wasn't credited in XC2 anyways so I have no idea what's up.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Okay, this is a bit awkward, but I have to ask: is this guy a leaker, or does he just say a bunch of stuff with no rhyme or reason? As in, does he have a track record, a la Sabi and Verge?

He's also saying stuff like a Pikmin 3 port and a new Style Boutique (or whatever it's called in your region), but he's also saying a remake of Virtual Boy Wario Land is coming... and I don't know about that one. Still, it doesn't seem very common for someone to mention Advance Wars in a leak, so it's something.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Okay, this is a bit awkward, but I have to ask: is this guy a leaker, or does he just say a bunch of stuff with no rhyme or reason? As in, does he have a track record, a la Sabi and Verge?

He's also saying stuff like a Pikmin 3 port and a new Style Boutique (or whatever it's called in your region), but he's also saying a remake of Virtual Boy Wario Land is coming... and I don't know about that one. Still, it doesn't seem very common for someone to mention Advance Wars in a leak, so it's something.
Funny that you would bring this up.

Yes, this guy is a credible source. He's the same guy who predicted WarioWare Gold & Link's Awakening back in Dec 2017 and Detective Pikachu 2 back in 2018. While he's really bad with reveal dates for a lot of his stuff, most of the stuff he has mentioned has usually come to pass. I legit believe what he's saying has validity to it.

I actually was planning to make a big megapost about this because there was something really interesting about the Advance Wars trademark from Dec 2018 that I didn't pick up. Basically, the trademark wasn't a safekeeping measure like I thought it was before and the previous trademark wasn't due to expire until March 2022.

Suffice to say, something is about to go down with this franchise sooner or later.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

Yes, this guy is a credible source. He's the same guy who predicted WarioWare Gold & Link's Awakening back in Dec 2017 and Detective Pikachu 2 back in 2018. While he's really bad with reveal dates for a lot of his stuff, most of the stuff he has mentioned has usually come to pass. I legit believe what he's saying has validity to it.

I actually was planning to make a big megapost about this because there was something really interesting about the Advance Wars trademark from Dec 2018 that I didn't pick up. Basically, the trademark wasn't a safekeeping measure like I thought it was before and the previous trademark wasn't due to expire until March 2022.

Suffice to say, something is about to go down with this franchise sooner or later.
Well, I guess I'll let you get to that megapost. Maybe if you start now, you'll get it done by the New Year. :)

Anyway, I just wanted to check, you can never be too sure with leaks these days. What I find interesting is that he also said that IntSys is making another Fire Emblem Echoes game (it's apparently FE6 and FE7 merged into one game) and a remake of the original Paper Mario. It seems they may be busy for the better part of 2020, assuming this is all true...

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Well, I guess I'll let you get to that megapost. Maybe if you start now, you'll get it done by the New Year. :)

Anyway, I just wanted to check, you can never be too sure with leaks these days. What I find interesting is that he also said that IntSys is making another Fire Emblem Echoes game (it's apparently FE6 and FE7 merged into one game) and a remake of the original Paper Mario. It seems they may be busy for the better part of 2020, assuming this is all true...
Oh yeah def lol. I was planning on posting after New Year's since a lot of folks aren't using SB around this time. But if you guys want it sooner I could def try that.

Basically, I wanted to cover the major things how unlike all the other trademarks Nintendo filed that had their trademarks expiring in the near future, the same was not true for Advance Wars at all. It had it's trademark going all the way back to 2001 that wasn't ever applied for since Dec 2018. If Nintendo had no plans for the franchise or just wanted to continue releasing the past titles on the Virtual Console/NSO, they wouldn't need to file that trademark. And the same thing goes for it's Smash appearance as well because plenty of series like Custom Robo didn't have a new trademark filed.

The timing of the trademark was super peculiar as well for many reasons. For one, it was filed right at the end of Nintendo's trademarking-binge of 2018 and like I said, was irrespective of any expiry for it's trademark. The 2001 trademark was due to expire in March 2022 as I mentioned before. It was also timed in a way where the trademark was set to be "Issued & Active" in February 2020 (ironically enough, the deadline of the Fighters Pass).

It could all be a bunch of coincidences yeah but that's way too many things to just happen like that. And we know that for trademarks related to games be it console or mobile, they're always filed right before or after the reveal/release of said game. This one was irrespective of any kind of AW announcement so once again, it's really weird.

Could this mean great things for Andy's Smash prospects? Maybe. I was almost sold on the idea of Andy being #5 until the Western third-party rumors came about a few days ago so i'm feeling less confident in that TBH. If nothing else, maybe this is a strong indicator of Andy being among the post-pass characters coming in 2020. If Nintendo is really looking to release AW Mobile, why wouldn't they use the single greatest marketing vehicle ever in the form of Smash Bros? Top that off with Sakurai saying Moveset > Being Recognized and I think it bodes really well for Andy.

Though i'd love to get your takes on this as well. Things seem to be pretty interesting heading in to the new decade. Hopefully for the better though lol.

EDIT: In regards to your comment about IntSys being busy, it's true. IntSys is going to be really busy I would think (between 2020-2021) but like, if whatever new AW Mobile does well it would speak well to it's prospects of getting a Switch entry. Hopefully Nintendo uses Smash to really leverage the franchise's popularity so that more people will know about this series.

Last edited:

Hydewell

Smash Apprentice

He's not credible at all, trust me. He's a spanish guy who frequents vandal (a game spanish website) and he's known to be a 3ds fanboy and hating the switch because it became the main console for Nintendo.
WarioWare Gold and Link's Awakening remake was a 4chan leak prediction (with a virtual boy wario land remake); and those 3 games were intended for the 3ds. And considering the first entry of Detective Pikachu literally said more episodes will be coming (aká, the second entry), it's not like it was something to be proud of "predicting" (if you're refering of the second entry of the 3ds). And it was obviuous TPC wanted to continue the Detective Pikachu IP after the movie, everyone was expecting a new game lol
A lot of his predictions are based on the currect activities of Nintendo studios and the "second parties". It's easy to do some "safe" predictions if you know them.
Btw, vandal_leaks (nowadays known as LeakyPanda) was created by some vandal members to make fun of him. The irony was they got right a direct date by pure luck and they still continue to put some random things just to troll (and people still bait and some of them even trust them lol).
I'm amazed some people still follow them (also add Marcus Sellars) and publish their bull**** in some forums despite knowing they're frauds.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
He's not credible at all, trust me. He's a spanish guy who frequents vandal (a game spanish website) and he's known to be a 3ds fanboy and hating the switch because it became the main console for Nintendo.
WarioWare Gold and Link's Awakening remake was a 4chan leak prediction (with a virtual boy wario land remake); and those 3 games were intended for the 3ds. And considering the first entry of Detective Pikachu literally said more episodes will be coming (aká, the second entry), it's not like it was something to be proud of "predicting" (if you're refering of the second entry of the 3ds). And it was obviuous TPC wanted to continue the Detective Pikachu IP after the movie, everyone was expecting a new game lol
A lot of his predictions are based on the currect activities of Nintendo studios and the "second parties". It's easy to do some "safe" predictions if you know them.
Btw, vandal_leaks (nowadays known as LeakyPanda) was created by some vandal members to make fun of him. The irony was they got right a direct date by pure luck and they still continue to put some random things just to troll (and people still bait and some of them even trust them lol).
I'm amazed some people still follow them (also add Marcus Sellars) and publish their bull**** in some forums despite knowing they're frauds.
But the thing is given his posting style and things he's mentioning and what have you, he's very likely to be said guy from the Dec 2017 post predicting all those things. In addition, he was also correct on predicting the announcement week of Super Mario Maker 2's release date along with some other things so it's not like what he's saying has no validity to it. As I mentioned before, a lot of his predicted dates are helluva off most of the time but the game in question usually comes to pass. It's no coincidence that these things from Dec 2017 are coming to pass years later. Remember that AW was also teased in that Dec 2017 post ala more ambiguous than the others.

Also, there's this I saw...

AW Mobile is something that's been heard in insider circles. Between this and markromaro's tweet, there's def something up. And of course, the elephant in the room being the AW trademark and the discrepancies regarding that as I mentioned before.

Last edited:

Hydewell

Smash Apprentice
But the thing is given his posting style and things he's mentioning and what have you, he's very likely to be said guy from the Dec 2017 post predicting all those things. In addition, he was also correct on predicting the announcement week of Super Mario Maker 2's release date along with some other things so it's not like what he's saying has no validity to it. As I mentioned before, a lot of his predicted dates are helluva off most of the time but the game in question usually comes to pass. It's no coincidence that these things from Dec 2017 are coming to pass years later. Remember that AW was also teased in that Dec 2017 post ala more ambiguous than the others.

AW Mobile is something that's been heard in insider circles. Between this and markromaro's tweet, there's def something up. And of course, the elephant in the room being the AW trademark and the discrepancies regarding that as I mentioned before.
No, he's not. He was just obsessed with that leak (because it was a 3ds leak, not because its veracy lol), he continously posted in vandal forum. He insisted and said Wario Land VB, for example, was being developed by Skip (now we know they are probably dead or leaving the game industry) and vanpool. Link's Awakening in that leak was said to be done using the same engine and graphics of ALBW, and done by Nintendo itself, not Grezzo. And basically, Nintendo always does a microgames game all the time, they tend to switch bewtween WarioWare and Rhythm Heaven.
The only thing Spain leaked regarding nintendo games was Metroid: Samus Return, because it was developed here lol (and the guy who said it a long time ago already hinted a 2ds metroid being developed) We don't have any insider information or something of that matters, because we aren't that important in the game industry neither nintendo has a strong presence here. And a guy who clearly can't write in proper english clearly won't have that information.
Also, he steals information to look more veracious. If you see his tweets, that Pikmin 3 information was said some time ago by Emilia Rogers, an insider who has some reputation.

But that doesn't mean a new AW isn't being developed or isn't going to happen. Half of the producers or key staff from Fire Emblem were missing in the new game and a lot of them produced or were involved with old AW entries, it's a safe prediction to say they're working with a new AW entry or a Fire Emblem entry (because very few of them were involved with Paper Mario franchise).

But just don't trust this guy or, at least, dont treat him as reliable.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
No, he's not. He was just obsessed with that leak (because it was a 3ds leak, not because its veracy lol), he continously posted in vandal forum. He insisted and said Wario Land VB, for example, was being developed by Skip (now we know they are probably dead or leaving the game industry) and vanpool. Link's Awakening in that leak was said to be done using the same engine and graphics of ALBW, and done by Nintendo itself, not Grezzo. And basically, Nintendo always does a microgames game all the time, they tend to switch bewtween WarioWare and Rhythm Heaven.
The only thing Spain leaked regarding nintendo games was Metroid: Samus Return, because it was developed here lol (and the guy who said it a long time ago already hinted a 2ds metroid being developed) We don't have any insider information or something of that matters, because we aren't that important in the game industry neither nintendo has a strong presence here. And a guy who clearly can't write in proper english clearly won't have that information.
Also, he steals information to look more veracious. If you see his tweets, that Pikmin 3 information was said some time ago by Emilia Rogers, an insider who has some reputation.

But that doesn't mean a new AW isn't being developed or isn't going to happen. Half of the producers or key staff from Fire Emblem were missing in the new game and a lot of them produced or were involved with old AW entries, it's a safe prediction to say they're working with a new AW entry or a Fire Emblem entry (because very few of them were involved with Paper Mario franchise).

But just don't trust this guy or, at least, dont treat him as reliable.
Ahh well good point lol. I still believe that Dec 2017 leak has some validity to it because as I mentioned, it got WarioWare Gold down to a tee basically and was talking about Link's Awakening before any other insider was talking about it. Wario Land is tricky but like there were two different trademarks for it. One in 2017 for the VB game and another in March 2018 alongside the WarioWare trademark. So i'm of mind that the leak is partially right with just a lot of misinformation in regards to release dates and whatnot.

As for markomaro, I can't say much because I don't know the guy (though I believe you in what you're saying). I just know that he got the reveal week of Super Mario Maker 2's release date so there's that. But yeah, it's prob better if everything doesn't hinge on that rumor even if AW Mobile is something that made the rounds among insiders. Especially when there's more credible evidence for this as you mentioned.

The real crutches of this theory is the AW trademark back in Dec 2018 and the Dec 2017 rumor. More so, the trademark of course but it's interesting to see the things the 2017 rumor mentioned panning out or being trademarked after the fact.

It's really particular how the AW trademark was filed irrespective of any expiry date and that if Nintendo had no plans for the franchise, they wouldn't have to file a new trademark until 2021-2022 (see Custom Robo which they didn't trademark in 2018). Instead, Advance Wars just pops up right at the end of Nintendo's trademarking binge that year and is unrelated to any expiry date as was the case with other franchises represented in Smash with a Fighter or Stage. And said trademark is also set to be "Issued & Active" this February which was the initial deadline of the Fighter's Pass back in Nov 2018. So yeah, it's really interesting to see what happens and I honestly don't believe it's any coincidence what happened there. Something's going down soon, Smash Bros or not.

And I can only hope you're right about IntSys maybe being at work on a new AW lol. The dream would be to have a new Advance Wars in the engine of Three Houses which I hope comes to pass sooner rather than later. At the very least, it seems like either a Switch game is happening or a mobile title. I just hope it's the former.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Ahh well good point lol. I still believe that Dec 2017 leak has some validity to it because as I mentioned, it got WarioWare Gold down to a tee basically and was talking about Link's Awakening before any other insider was talking about it. Wario Land is tricky but like there were two different trademarks for it. One in 2017 for the VB game and another in March 2018 alongside the WarioWare trademark. So i'm of mind that the leak is partially right with just a lot of misinformation in regards to release dates and whatnot.

As for markomaro, I can't say much because I don't know the guy (though I believe you in what you're saying). I just know that he got the reveal week of Super Mario Maker 2's release date so there's that. But yeah, it's prob better if everything doesn't hinge on that rumor even if AW Mobile is something that made the rounds among insiders. Especially when there's more credible evidence for this as you mentioned.

The real crutches of this theory is the AW trademark back in Dec 2018 and the Dec 2017 rumor. More so, the trademark of course but it's interesting to see the things the 2017 rumor mentioned panning out or being trademarked after the fact.

It's really particular how the AW trademark was filed irrespective of any expiry date and that if Nintendo had no plans for the franchise, they wouldn't have to file a new trademark until 2021-2022 (see Custom Robo which they didn't trademark in 2018). Instead, Advance Wars just pops up right at the end of Nintendo's trademarking binge that year and is unrelated to any expiry date as was the case with other franchises represented in Smash with a Fighter or Stage. And said trademark is also set to be "Issued & Active" this February which was the initial deadline of the Fighter's Pass back in Nov 2018. So yeah, it's really interesting to see what happens and I honestly don't believe it's any coincidence what happened there. Something's going down soon, Smash Bros or not.

And I can only hope you're right about IntSys maybe being at work on a new AW lol. The dream would be to have a new Advance Wars in the engine of Three Houses which I hope comes to pass sooner rather than later. At the very least, it seems like either a Switch game is happening or a mobile title. I just hope it's the former.
Heh, leaks, am I right? And they say Mario Party ruins friendships...

Anyway, assuming there's at least a little truth here, I think an AW mobile game could at least address the "hard to like characters" problem, assuming that's still a concern. If it ends up being a gacha game of some sort, you could include little character stories based on the COs that would help to expand upon who they are and why they act the way they do. Think the Adventurer Stories from Dragalia Lost. Granted, they could probably do that in a mainline AW game just as easily, but I don't work at IntSys, so I don't know the details on anything they make.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Heh, leaks, am I right? And they say Mario Party ruins friendships...

Anyway, assuming there's at least a little truth here, I think an AW mobile game could at least address the "hard to like characters" problem, assuming that's still a concern. If it ends up being a gacha game of some sort, you could include little character stories based on the COs that would help to expand upon who they are and why they act the way they do. Think the Adventurer Stories from Dragalia Lost. Granted, they could probably do that in a mainline AW game just as easily, but I don't work at IntSys, so I don't know the details on anything they make.
Mario Party ruins everything special my dude. :(

You bring up a great point about that. Whatever mobile game could really zero in on a CO's backstory and whatnot. I know there's still technically mini-bio's in the Advance Wars games with "Hit's" and "Misses" but if they went further with that it would be interesting. And maybe they could go more in to detail of the lore of Wars World and what have you. Like why Orange Star & Blue Moon are such fierce foes (at least prior to Black Hole's attack) and how the nations came to be. Even getting to hear some of the backstory for CO's like Max, Nell, & Grit would be really neat I reckon.

But yeah, i'm hoping whatever mobile game serves to compliment a mainline Switch entry but if not, hopefully it'll be the catalyst for a Switch title proper. And y'know, Andy in Smash Ultimate because you need to give people a reason to care about the franchise after being gone for 12 years lol.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon got a remake after lots of demand for the series to return... maybe the same thing could happen to Advance Wars in the near future?

Also wow I can't believe I haven't posted in this thread yet. I thought I already did but I guess it was the SSB4 Andy thread I was thinking of.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon got a remake after lots of demand for the series to return... maybe the same thing could happen to Advance Wars in the near future?

Also wow I can't believe I haven't posted in this thread yet. I thought I already did but I guess it was the SSB4 Andy thread I was thinking of.
Yeah I was thinking the same thing when I saw the announcement of Mystery Dungeon remake. And the one from 2006 no less.

It actually lines up for two reasons...

1) The trademark situation I explained above. Advance Wars was trademarked out of the blue by NoJ in Dec 2018 when the old trademark wasn't due for expiry until March 2022. Keep in mind that not every franchise gets trademarked and most of the trademarks done in 2018 were due to old trademarks expiring. This wasn't the case with Advance Wars as I explained because Nintendo had zero reason to do that unless they had plans for this franchise in the future.

Also, keep in mind that this trademark was applied for on Dec 4th, 2018. Only two days before the first reveal of the Fighter's Pass and the trademark itself is set to be "Issued & Active" next month. Why is that noteworthy? Because the Fighters Pass had a deadline of Feb 2020 and now it's looking like Fighter 5 will indeed release in February. Could be a coincidence sure but that's very particular especially if there was indeed something in the works for Advance Wars.

2) The AW Mobile rumors which was something that was heard in some insider circles. There was also a Twitter user named markomaro who predicted a Mystery Dungeon game of sorts but his credibility has been called in to question by Hydewell Hydewell who knows him on another site I believe.

Still, the important part (aside from the trademark) is that everything from the Dec 2017 rumor I mentioned is coming to pass. WarioWare 3DS happened, Link's Awakening happened, WarioWare Switch is happening according to Vergeben, and Wario Land VB remake is likely to be a thing given a trademark for it a few years ago. I legit don't believe this is a coincidence even if the dates are shaky.

If AW Mobile really does pan out which is looking likely given what I mentioned, this would really put Andy in a favorable position for Smash Ultimate DLC. Whether that's the last spot on the Fighters Pass or one of the Fighters after the Pass. We all know how lucrative Nintendo's mobile business is and how it's a major revenue stream for them. If AW Mobile is in the works, why wouldn't they use Smash Bros to leverage that IP and expose it to the user base like Smash Ultimate's? It adds up really especially how fun Andy's moveset would be if he were in. Something Sakurai says is more important than being well known.

That aside, good to have you back on this thread Sari. I think this thread could use some more activity these days lol.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Yeah I was thinking the same thing when I saw the announcement of Mystery Dungeon remake. And the one from 2006 no less.

It actually lines up for two reasons...

1) The trademark situation I explained above. Advance Wars was trademarked out of the blue by NoJ in Dec 2018 when the old trademark wasn't due for expiry until March 2022. Keep in mind that not every franchise gets trademarked and most of the trademarks done in 2018 were due to old trademarks expiring. This wasn't the case with Advance Wars as I explained because Nintendo had zero reason to do that unless they had plans for this franchise in the future.

Also, keep in mind that this trademark was applied for on Dec 4th, 2018. Only two days before the first reveal of the Fighter's Pass and the trademark itself is set to be "Issued & Active" next month. Why is that noteworthy? Because the Fighters Pass had a deadline of Feb 2020 and now it's looking like Fighter 5 will indeed release in February. Could be a coincidence sure but that's very particular especially if there was indeed something in the works for Advance Wars.

2) The AW Mobile rumors which was something that was heard in some insider circles. There was also a Twitter user named markomaro who predicted a Mystery Dungeon game of sorts but his credibility has been called in to question by Hydewell Hydewell who knows him on another site I believe.

Still, the important part (aside from the trademark) is that everything from the Dec 2017 rumor I mentioned is coming to pass. WarioWare 3DS happened, Link's Awakening happened, WarioWare Switch is happening according to Vergeben, and Wario Land VB remake is likely to be a thing given a trademark for it a few years ago. I legit don't believe this is a coincidence even if the dates are shaky.

If AW Mobile really does pan out which is looking likely given what I mentioned, this would really put Andy in a favorable position for Smash Ultimate DLC. Whether that's the last spot on the Fighters Pass or one of the Fighters after the Pass. We all know how lucrative Nintendo's mobile business is and how it's a major revenue stream for them. If AW Mobile is in the works, why wouldn't they use Smash Bros to leverage that IP and expose it to the user base like Smash Ultimate's? It adds up really especially how fun Andy's moveset would be if he were in. Something Sakurai says is more important than being well known.

That aside, good to have you back on this thread Sari. I think this thread could use some more activity these days lol.
I haven't been keeping up with Vergeben. When did he say WarioWare Switch was coming, and has he said anything else noteworthy?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I want to ask your opinion about something; assuming for a moment that there are no Nintendo news at all this month (which would be absurd since they got stuff other than Smash), how likely is it that we'll see some new announcements from Platinum by the end of it instead? They're making a big tease of releasing stuff in early 2020.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I haven't been keeping up with Vergeben. When did he say WarioWare Switch was coming, and has he said anything else noteworthy?
He mentioned that in his pre-E3 rumors last year when he talked about a bunch of things Nintendo and non-Nintendo related. I'll have to dig up that GameFAQ's post but yeah, it was the week before E3 2019.
I want to ask your opinion about something; assuming for a moment that there are no Nintendo news at all this month, how likely is it that we'll see some new announcements from Platinum by the end of it instead? They're making a big tease of releasing stuff in early 2020.
What kind of showcase would that even be though? Like just a Youtube upload? I guess I could see that happening sure but it's prob more likely for a Direct. Their projects are most likely Bayo 3, Viewtiful Joe 3, and maybe a W101 port so things I would expect in a Direct.

As for AW, if we don't hear anything related to that in the next Direct, then there's a good chance whatever AW Mobile game will be revealed in late March/April when Nintendo talks about what their plans are for the next fiscial year (April 2020-March 2021). It could also be the end of this month but I doubt it. I just hope there's a big announcement to drum up hype for that game like Andy in Smash Ultimate and/or a new AW Switch in development.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
He mentioned that in his pre-E3 rumors last year when he talked about a bunch of things Nintendo and non-Nintendo related. I'll have to dig up that GameFAQ's post but yeah, it was the week before E3 2019.

What kind of showcase would that even be though? Like just a Youtube upload? I guess I could see that happening sure but it's prob more likely for a Direct. Their projects are most likely Bayo 3, Viewtiful Joe 3, and maybe a W101 port so things I would expect in a Direct.

As for AW, if we don't hear anything related to that in the next Direct, then there's a good chance whatever AW Mobile game will be revealed in late March/April when Nintendo talks about what their plans are for the next fiscial year (April 2020-March 2021). It could alao be the end of this month but I doubt it. I just hope there's a big announcement to drum up hype for that game like Andy in Smash Ultimate and/or a new AW Switch in development.
Companies can drop individual news out of nowhere, I'm not saying Platinum would air their own Direct (with blackjack and hookers!) or anything, even if they did get some nice funding from Tencent.

Still though it's a fair point. Let's just wait for the end of the month before assuming nothing much happens (although those Pokémon news sure are something).

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Companies can drop individual news out of nowhere, I'm not saying Platinum would air their own Direct (with blackjack and hookers!) or anything, even if they did get some nice funding from Tencent.

Still though it's a fair point. Let's just wait for the end of the month before assuming nothing much happens (although those Pokémon news sure are something).
I mean, I guess it could be Feb sure but I would think Nintendo would want a month to build up hype from reveal to release.

IIRC, the 7/11 ad goes until Feb 2nd and the 6.1.1 update pop-up doesn't go down until Jan 31st. So i'm thinking it's likely that the character reveals next week and drops the first week of February personally.

Let's wait and see. Hopefully the Direct will be next week lol.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I mean, I guess it could be Feb sure but I would think Nintendo would want a month to build up hype from reveal to release.

IIRC, the 7/11 ad goes until Feb 2nd and the 6.1.1 update pop-up doesn't go down until Jan 31st. So i'm thinking it's likely that the character reveals next week and drops the first week of February personally.

Let's wait and see. Hopefully the Direct will be next week lol.
Yeah, though we did get that info leak from Emily on ResetERA that had her say "at least two Wii U ports" are coming. Better than nothing, right?

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Yeah, though we did get that info leak from Emily on ResetERA that had her say "at least two Wii U ports" are coming. Better than nothing, right?
Yeah tho my guess for that is 3D World & Pikmin 3. Maybe W101 happens later in the year.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Also in regards to my megapost guys, I decided to not go about it because I already covered the main points about my theory that I feel confident in (explained above) and the rest of it was mostly straw-graspy kind of stuff that I thought wasn't worth including. It was also more or less some of the stuff I talked about in my Theory Doc from last June.
Incidentally, the former are the exact two games that Emily has pretty much pointed towards.
Then again, Pikmin 3 is like the phantom rumor that always keeps showing up like Metroid Prime Trilogy lol.

And Mother 3 as well but like, that rumor died a few years ago rip. :(

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Wouldn't go that far, seeing as Emily apparently has a proven record, but we'll see.
What I meant by that is that Pikmin 3 was always the heavily rumored "buffer" game between that and Pikmin 4. So naturally, it's been in the rumor mill for sometime.

And now MP Trilogy seems to be the new buffer with the lack of anything Prime 4 related until 2022/2023.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
What I meant by that is that Pikmin 3 was always the heavily rumored "buffer" game between that and Pikmin 4. So naturally, it's been in the rumor mill for sometime.

And now MP Trilogy seems to be the new buffer with the lack of anything Prime 4 related until 2022/2023.
Incidentally, she did allude towards Pikmin 4 being pushed off for a while due to restarted development, just like Prime 4...

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Incidentally, she did allude towards Pikmin 4 being pushed off for a while due to restarted development, just like Prime 4...
Did she? Well, that's news to me.

Although it makes sense because Miyamoto said Pikmin 4 was done back in E3 2015 and nothing happened since.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Ah ha, the topic of the secret Wii U ports has been brought up in a podcast recently.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20..._of_the_rumoured_wii_u_ports_coming_to_switch

Now, I know that you can't spell "ignorant" without IGN, but this statement by the site's co-founder seems very conspicuous...
You know at first glance when I read that statement, I almost thought the IGN guy was talking about Battalion Wars until I realized he was talking about Pikmin lol.

But yeah, it seems the two ports Emily Rogers was talking about are SM3DW and Pikmin 3.

Speaking of Battalion Wars, what do you think are the chances of that series doing anything in the future? Kuju Entertainment is all in when it comes to Art Academy so IDK if they would want to do it. Maybe another dev could be up to the task in handling that project?

Top Bottom