• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Orange Star's Hyperactive Whiz Kid! - Andy For Smash Ultimate! We'll Live To Fight Another Day...

Favorite Advance Wars Game (Not Including pre-AW and Battalion Wars)

• Total voters

Funktastic

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DaftBunk
Switch FC
SW 4808 1853 3785
Was kinda hinted on the site where it called the 3DS Mute City as "Mute City SNES" instead of just "Mute City" like "Dream Land" and "Dream Land VB". So it hints possibly at Mute City Melee being in the game.
Ah, that. My personal prediction is Pokefloats is gone and We'll see a Pokefloats 2.0; maybe a similar treatment with Mute City and Rainbow Road (plus Sakurai can utilize MK8D assets for the build for these two)

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Ah, that. My personal prediction is Pokefloats is gone and We'll see a Pokefloats 2.0; maybe a similar treatment with Mute City and Rainbow Road (plus Sakurai can utilize MK8D assets for the build for these two)
I would much rather have Mute City Melee return because it was one of my favorite stages.

And if there can be two Pokemon Stadium's I don't see why not lol.

GlitchWarrior

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3540-4749-2681
Yes, the gritillery joke was on purpose. We all know how powerful those things are.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Yes, the gritillery joke was on purpose. We all know how powerful those things are.
*fog of war*

*chokepoints*

*artillery spam*

Yes, Gritllery is the bane of every AW player's existence. :)

GlitchWarrior

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3540-4749-2681
Which is why IS might deserve it. They truly do not know what monstrosity they created and left to rot in a back alley. Oh, but when it comes back... Oh, man, if they don't bring back Advance Wars in any way, shape, or form, they're not gonna like it.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I mean they are making money hand over fist. You can't deny that.

What you can, however, is cringe at how long they left Advance Wars to rot and failed to capitalize on it's potential especially on the Switch. We could have had a newcomer from this series in Smash 4 if IS actually did something with the franchise.

Funktastic

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DaftBunk
Switch FC
SW 4808 1853 3785
Switch Wars! It needs to happen. Keep it simple and bring back Orange Star and Co.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Switch Wars! It needs to happen. Keep it simple and bring back Orange Star and Co.
If they do make a new game they just need to stick with Advance Wars. Notice how Dual Strike and Days of Ruin weren't called "DS Wars"? I mean it's a common mistake people make because they see "Famicom Wars" and "Game Boy Wars" and think that every new game has to be called by the platform it's on. That just isn't true hence Dual Strike being called "Famicom Wars: DS" in Japan.

But I think it's safe to say that the name of the game is the least of our concerns lol. We just want a new game already dammit! :mad:

I do want a new Advance Wars to return to Wars World with Andy & the gang but I think there will most likely be a new setting for said hypothetical game. What i'm visualizing in my head is something in between the Wars World games and Days of Ruin. Not as serious as the "war is hell" theme DoR had but also not as "happy go lucky" as the Wars World games were. I'd think it'd involve choosing a nation based on your avatar (IS is all about that stuff lol) and then you form strategic relationships with others to obtain advantage over the others. Of course I still think there would be a big bad at the end of the game much like the previous games that requires everyone to unite and defeat but I think the nations are going to be less "buddy-buddy" then they were in the GBA games. And we also can't forget romantic sub-plots/wafius IS is going to insert in said game. Gotta have that FE appeal in lol. Will probably be the most anime AW game to date.

Last edited:

Nauzgo

Smash Journeyman
Will probably be the most anime AW game to date.
The more I think about it, the more I get convinced that we're gonna get proper AW game on the Switch. And regarding the success of anime franchises like "Girls & Panzer", there's a really high chance that game would be a lot more anime based than it did before and that these changes could lead AW to a similar success as FE.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
The more I think about it, the more I get convinced that we're gonna get proper AW game on the Switch. And regarding the success of anime franchises like "Girls & Panzer", there's a really high chance that game would be a lot more anime based than it did before and that these changes could lead AW to a similar success as FE.
I mean it's not ideal but anything to get this franchise back to life. :)

But yeah, character relationships and lots of anime is what's going to make this series sell like gangbusters lol. If the gameplay isn't too badly changed then I think it's something I can live with.

If new AW were to be successful then the entire franchise would benefit as seen with old FE (pre-Awakening) getting a lot of love through FEH and even FEW. Hell they made Echoes to appeal to those older fans so chances are we would see a return to form game as well later down the road.

That and I think it would be cool if characters like Andy and Will made appearances with updated designs and looks.

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
I've only just now realised that we're pretty much talking about a top down grid based Valkiria Chronicles (probably a bit more lighthearted).

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
So...

This thread is like really inactive lol. Especially compared to others.

I know Andy's chances now are bleak and hopeless almost but I don't want this thread to fall in the wayside with other dead threads.

I think to make this thread active or at least not sitting around collecting dust, we should have a weekly discussion about something AW related or something Smash related that ties in with AW.

I know we've covered a lot of ground with movesets (though i'm sure there's a lot of other people out there who have great ideas that haven't shared yet) but we can talk about other topics that pertain to the series itself or the series in Smash.

Let me know what you guys think.
I've only just now realised that we're pretty much talking about a top down grid based Valkiria Chronicles (probably a bit more lighthearted).
I actually haven't played VC before lol. But I'd imagine it'd be something like that.

Come to think of it, said new hypothetical AW would look completely different to the days of the GBA games. Maybe even more so than DoR in terms of it's tone and aesthetic (though without the "war is hell" theme haha).

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
So...

This thread is like really inactive lol. Especially compared to others.

I know Andy's chances now are bleak and hopeless almost but I don't want this thread to fall in the wayside with other dead threads.

I think to make this thread active or at least not sitting around collecting dust, we should have a weekly discussion about something AW related or something Smash related that ties in with AW.

I know we've covered a lot of ground with movesets (though i'm sure there's a lot of other people out there who have great ideas that haven't shared yet) but we can talk about other topics that pertain to the series itself or the series in Smash.

Let me know what you guys think.

I actually haven't played VC before lol. But I'd imagine it'd be something like that.

Come to think of it, said new hypothetical AW would look completely different to the days of the GBA games. Maybe even more so than DoR in terms of it's tone and aesthetic (though without the "war is hell" theme haha).
I’m all for keeping this thread alive. I think if we play our cards right, an Advance Wars rep can become the new Golden Sun or Rhythm Heaven for Smash speculation.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I’m all for keeping this thread alive. I think if we play our cards right, an Advance Wars rep can become the new Golden Sun or Rhythm Heaven for Smash speculation.
I mean it's going to be a really uphill battle for us but if Golden Sun got in the base roster, that would be a huge positive for Advance Wars. Two series that suffered the same fate of falling in to obscurity after the DS era and are sorely missed by fans.

I am rooting for Isaac/Felix being in the game but just as much I want them in so AW's chances increase as well. With the inclusion of those characters, people won't see Andy as a hopeless cause for getting in to Smash and he's going to see a boost from the addition of Golden Sun.

How big of a boost IDK but you can bet Andy is going to be a beneficiary in Isaac's inclusion in the game. Especially if there's another Smash Ballot for Ultimate (which I think there will most likely be). Isaac would be in the game as well as the other Ballot heavy hitters from Smash 4 speculation meaning Andy's competiton would decrease.

Of course all of this hinges on how vocal Advance Wars fans make themselves in the event of another Ballot and Isaac (hopefully Felix as well) being base roster or early DLC. We gotta hope.

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
I've just become much, much less active on Smash Boards, I'm no less hype about AW as a Smash rep or as a franchise in need of return, but I just burn out eventually as the hype cycles continue, so I just won't be bumping this as much as I used to be.

I agree that Andy or at least an AW rep is one of the next franchises that people will turn to like Golden Sun, F-Zero and (a good) Star Fox. With the big characters out of the way things are openning up for more variety in people's favourite picks.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I've just become much, much less active on Smash Boards, I'm no less hype about AW as a Smash rep or as a franchise in need of return, but I just burn out eventually as the hype cycles continue, so I just won't be bumping this as much as I used to be.

I agree that Andy or at least an AW rep is one of the next franchises that people will turn to like Golden Sun, F-Zero and (a good) Star Fox. With the big characters out of the way things are openning up for more variety in people's favourite picks.
Yeah I can relate with that sentiment. I'm just not as invested with Smash speculation as I once was unless it pertains to Andy or Isaac haha. K. Rool's in the game thank goodness so at least one of my Top 3 newcomers made it in.

The inclusion of Isaac would give Andy his biggest boost ever I feel. That would mean characters from dead franchises are still able to make it in the game and thus supporters of Andy who might have been hesitant on really getting behind the character would be more active in supporting his inclusion as DLC. Of course there's no guarantee of this happening but at the very least we should see a spike of popularity for Andy in the DLC period of Ultimate.

DogManStar

Smash Ace
We have to get Isaac in. Isaac's way bigger to the community than Andy is right now, but they're both in the same boat in terms of their franchises outside of Smash right now. If we can get Isaac in, we can start seriously pushing for Andy to take the place he held in the community. Maybe get a Twitter running like Isaac: Venus Adept Isaac: Venus Adept has.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
We have to get Isaac in. Isaac's way bigger to the community than Andy is right now, but they're both in the same boat in terms of their franchises outside of Smash right now. If we can get Isaac in, we can start seriously pushing for Andy to take the place he held in the community. Maybe get a Twitter running like Isaac: Venus Adept Isaac: Venus Adept has.
I mean Isaac is a character I really want but I want Andy that much more lol. What the community wants doesn't sway my preference haha.

Still hoping for both characters of course. Both deserve inclusion.

DogManStar

Smash Ace
I just think getting the community to want him more is a good step towards inclusion. If Isaac wasn't a highly requested character right now, he'd have a much smaller chance. If we can get that for Andy, we can make him a lot likelier.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I just think getting the community to want him more is a good step towards inclusion. If Isaac wasn't a highly requested character right now, he'd have a much smaller chance. If we can get that for Andy, we can make him a lot likelier.
Well yeah for sure. I know that there's a lot of overlap between supporters of Andy and Isaac so naturally once Isaac is in it's going to be Andy's turn to get a boost in popularity. Advance Wars and Golden Sun are so similar it's actually crazy to think about lol.

DogManStar

Smash Ace
I know there are a lot of AW fans, but I wish everyone was more vocal. GS fans have been doing well lately, pushing loudly for Isaac's inclusion in Smash, but I don't see a lot of people really doing the same for Andy or any other CO.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Advance Emblem!

No not really but the thread's been dead so I was looking for a reason to bump it lol. And as i'm typing this a new post has been made so double lol.
I know there are a lot of AW fans, but I wish everyone was more vocal. GS fans have been doing well lately, pushing loudly for Isaac's inclusion in Smash, but I don't see a lot of people really doing the same for Andy or any other CO.
I do to. I mean Isaac is definitely more popular than Andy but i'm certain that Advance Wars falls under the same umbrella as Golden Sun as I mentioned before. Dead series that have so much to gain from inclusion in Smash Bros.

I'm sure there's a lot of people that would love Advance Wars representation in Smash Bros but never really think of it in a Smash context because of how the game is played. Which is a shame because if people knew what Andy would bring as a fighter they would be a lot more proactive in supporting him.

Not everyone of course because there's a lot of people that support Andy already. I mean a broader range of people who the thought of Andy being in the game never crosses. Because they never thought of the possibility themselves or gave it any thought. Hence his want going up if his moveset could be better communicated. With the broad array of units from Advance Wars and creative liberties Sakurai could take with Andy (wrenches and all), there's no shortage of moveset potential for the character.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
We definitely need to become more vocal. Get more people to join the cause.

Infantry and Tanks being the AT for the franchise doesn’t help, if we could have Andy in there things would be different.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
We definitely need to become more vocal. Get more people to join the cause.

Infantry and Tanks being the AT for the franchise doesn’t help, if we could have Andy in there things would be different.
Definitely. Infantry & Tanks doesn't do much at all to show what the series is all about. Andy as a playable character would get people not even interested in the turn-based genre to give Advance Wars a look. His moveset would definitely stand out from the entire cast for how different he plays.

I wish fans were more vocal about wanting Andy as well. I always thought about starting a movement akin to what Operation Rainfall was (not just for Andy but also Advance Wars) but I also realize petitions are about as useful as my College Diploma.

Maybe not so much a "petition" per se but like a movement to spread awareness of the Advance Wars series and Andy in Smash Bros. I'm not a good organizer and such so IDK how i'd do it.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Definitely. Infantry & Tanks doesn't do much at all to show what the series is all about. Andy as a playable character would get people not even interested in the turn-based genre to give Advance Wars a look. His moveset would definitely stand out from the entire cast for how different he plays.

I wish fans were more vocal about wanting Andy as well. I always thought about starting a movement akin to what Operation Rainfall was (not just for Andy but also Advance Wars) but I also realize petitions are about as useful as my College Diploma.

Maybe not so much a "petition" per se but like a movement to spread awareness of the Advance Wars series and Andy in Smash Bros. I'm not a good organizer and such so IDK how i'd do it.
Maybe a Twitter account? I think the Isaac, Takamaru, and Ashley communities have created some with great success (and of course there’s the Kutthroats).

As for an AT that actually showed that Advance Wars has awesome characters, maybe overhaul the Infantry & Tanks so that they come with a dialogue box with Andy chatting with another OC, Resetti-style? Or maybe Nell breaking the fourth-wall? Something of the sort.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Maybe a Twitter account? I think the Isaac, Takamaru, and Ashley communities have created some with great success (and of course there’s the Kutthroats).

As for an AT that actually showed that Advance Wars has awesome characters, maybe overhaul the Infantry & Tanks so that they come with a dialogue box with Andy chatting with another OC, Resetti-style? Or maybe Nell breaking the fourth-wall? Something of the sort.
Well i'm not really great at community stuff but that's something i'll give a look sometime. I don't even have a Twitter account TBH lol. But maybe you're right in that might be the ideal way of getting the word around a lot more efficiently. What I was thinking was beyond the scope of a Twitter account however. Something like an Operation Rainfall although I doubt my ability to get 100,000 people to join, realistically speaking.

That would be much better than the Infantry & Tanks shooting bullets only to fall to their death. I'd like it if Andy & co were involved somehow (well maybe another CO because I want Andy himself to actually be playable lol).

Or better yet scrap the Infantry & Tanks Assist Trophy altogether and replace it with an actual CO like Sami or Max. That'd be a much better way to show the series off and you could still keep the units in there (just being commanded by said CO).

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I've never actually played Advance Wars (and I'm a little nervous if I could be able to get into it), but I honestly can't stop thinking about it regardless, even coming up with my own idea for a reboot. If you don't mind adding me to the support list, I'll gladly give Andy a try if he gets in.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Uh-oh. I just saw this in the General Speculation thread...

Suddenly, new franchises look a lot less likely.
I suspected that the CoroCoro magazine might have been an error on their part and it looks like that suspicion is true.

That being said, I kinda already expected that Andy wasn't going to be in the game around August/September. My only hope for him was that maybe he could have been the "retro/surprise" character for Ultimate and that never came to pass (well at least not yet but it doesn't look like that's happening).

Of course something going in Andy's favor that separates him from a lot of other characters hailing from new franchises is the fact that he doesn't need a stage for his series. I mean Advance Wars isn't particularly known for a certain location in it's series (other than like the Death Ray stage from AW2's last mission). Compare that to someone like Isaac and it would be very out of place to add him without adding Venus/Mars Lighthouse as well. Andy could get in without a series from his franchise because his series doesn't have an iconic location. He could even use the Wrecking Crew stage as his "home stage" given how "Advance Wars" like the stage is with it's city vibe.

I don't think the character is likely but that's something I guess. Gives him a little inkling of hope I guess. (Haha, :ultinkling:).
I've never actually played Advance Wars (and I'm a little nervous if I could be able to get into it), but I honestly can't stop thinking about it regardless, even coming up with my own idea for a reboot. If you don't mind adding me to the support list, I'll gladly give Andy a try if he gets in.
That's cool. I've heard from a lot of people who said it's a bit difficult to get in to Advance Wars and I understand that as someone who couldn't get far in the game way back when lol.

I think the easiest starting point for newcomers would be Dual Strike IMO. A third of it's Campaign is a glorified tutorial anyways and I find it's the most easiest to complete out of all the games. Once you've done that try out the GBA games (which IMO are the best) and Days of Ruin (though beware it's a major departure from it's predecessors). I'd like to hear your idea about your reboot. We all have different ideas of where the series can go if it returned.

And thanks for supporting! As we say in this thread whenever a new supporter shows up, Welcome to the Orange Star Army!

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
IThat's cool. I've heard from a lot of people who said it's a bit difficult to get in to Advance Wars and I understand that as someone who couldn't get far in the game way back when lol.

I think the easiest starting point for newcomers would be Dual Strike IMO. A third of it's Campaign is a glorified tutorial anyways and I find it's the most easiest to complete out of all the games. Once you've done that try out the GBA games (which IMO are the best) and Days of Ruin (though beware it's a major departure from it's predecessors). I'd like to hear your idea about your reboot. We all have different ideas of where the series can go if it returned.

And thanks for supporting! As we say in this thread whenever a new supporter shows up, Welcome to the Orange Star Army!
*salutes in a noticeably goofy fashion* Glad to be a member! That being said, I don't have much of a way to actually PLAY the games, but if you happen to know of any good Let's Plays on Youtube, feel free to let me know.

As for my idea of a reboot... Hoo boy, sit tight, because it's a bit of a doozy.

While I don't actually know much about Intelligent System's current stance about Advance Wars at the moment (I believe the article I'm thinking of is about a year or so old, and a lot can change in that time), I believe they specifically mentioned that they wanted to make the characters a bit more likable, no doubt because of how well Fire Emblem handled its characters (most of the time), so I had begun brainstorming about how we could fix without completely defeating the point of the games (in Fire Emblem, death is way more serious than in Advance Wars, which really just has faceless mooks from what I can tell). But then, during the reveal of Fire Emblem: Three Houses reveal trailer at E3, I noticed two things; first, one of the regions looked like it was named after Dio Brando, and second, the party members had small armies backing them up when they charged at enemies, even moving into a formation at one point. After seeing that, I thought to myself, "Could Advance Wars do something like that too?" And with that, I (presumably) solved the problem with the characters: have the COs fight alongside the soldiers, with the CO having a chance of actually dying if your not careful. Also, if you thought that was the only thing I was borrowing from Fire Emblem, my theoretical reboot would unfortunately require a bit more from the series, as it largely hinges on a "find out what worked in FE, then apply it to AW" concept, but I'll just leave it at that for now (unless you want me to go into more detail later).

Now, I feel these next two points I feel will be a bit controversial: the setting and the tone. For the setting, I honestly feel like we should give a new reason why the series is called "ADVANCE Wars", since the Game Boy ADVANCE is long dead, but I feel the name is too iconic to change to "Switch Wars". As such, I decided to have this game set in the most advanced place I can think of: the FUUUUUUUUUUTUUUUUUUUREEEEEE!!!!!!

... That was my attempt at humor... Sorry about that...

Anyway, yeah, have the game set in the year [insert future year here], but don't make it an apocalyptic time. Why? Because that's where the tone comes in. I've noticed in discussions on the series that people don't quite like the "war is hell" theme they went with in Days of Ruin, but I honestly kinda like it when a company like Nintendo steps out of their comfort zone for stuff like that (as in, the tone). But I'm not the majority of people, so I decided "Why not do both?" By that, I mean have the tone change around a bit when the situation called for it. If the scene is supposed to be funny, make it funny. If its supposed to be serious, make it serious. As a result of that mindset, I would imagine at least the main characters being of the "I know war is bad, but at least it's fun (except when it's not)" mindset.

Anyway, that's my idea. I have a feeling a lot of people won't like it, but it's what I got based on what little I know about the series. Sorry this post is so long, and thank you for being nice enough to ask for my thoughts. It's not that often I get to flex my creative muscles. :)

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
*salutes in a noticeably goofy fashion* Glad to be a member! That being said, I don't have much of a way to actually PLAY the games, but if you happen to know of any good Let's Plays on Youtube, feel free to let me know.

As for my idea of a reboot... Hoo boy, sit tight, because it's a bit of a doozy.

While I don't actually know much about Intelligent System's current stance about Advance Wars at the moment (I believe the article I'm thinking of is about a year or so old, and a lot can change in that time), I believe they specifically mentioned that they wanted to make the characters a bit more likable, no doubt because of how well Fire Emblem handled its characters (most of the time), so I had begun brainstorming about how we could fix without completely defeating the point of the games (in Fire Emblem, death is way more serious than in Advance Wars, which really just has faceless mooks from what I can tell). But then, during the reveal of Fire Emblem: Three Houses reveal trailer at E3, I noticed two things; first, one of the regions looked like it was named after Dio Brando, and second, the party members had small armies backing them up when they charged at enemies, even moving into a formation at one point. After seeing that, I thought to myself, "Could Advance Wars do something like that too?" And with that, I (presumably) solved the problem with the characters: have the COs fight alongside the soldiers, with the CO having a chance of actually dying if your not careful. Also, if you thought that was the only thing I was borrowing from Fire Emblem, my theoretical reboot would unfortunately require a bit more from the series, as it largely hinges on a "find out what worked in FE, then apply it to AW" concept, but I'll just leave it at that for now (unless you want me to go into more detail later).

Now, I feel these next two points I feel will be a bit controversial: the setting and the tone. For the setting, I honestly feel like we should give a new reason why the series is called "ADVANCE Wars", since the Game Boy ADVANCE is long dead, but I feel the name is too iconic to change to "Switch Wars". As such, I decided to have this game set in the most advanced place I can think of: the FUUUUUUUUUUTUUUUUUUUREEEEEE!!!!!!

Anyway, yeah, have the game set in the year [insert future year here], but don't make it an apocalyptic time. Why? Because that's where the tone comes in. I've noticed in discussions on the series that people don't quite like the "war is hell" theme they went with in Days of Ruin, but I honestly kinda like it when a company like Nintendo steps out of their comfort zone for stuff like that (as in, the tone). But I'm not the majority of people, so I decided "Why not do both?" By that, I mean have the tone change around a bit when the situation called for it. If the scene is supposed to be funny, make it funny. If its supposed to be serious, make it serious. As a result of that mindset, I would imagine at least the main characters being of the "I know war is bad, but at least it's fun (except when it's not)" mindset.

Anyway, that's my idea. I have a feeling a lot of people won't like it, but it's what I got based on what little I know about the series. Sorry this post is so long, and thank you for being nice enough to ask for my thoughts. It's not that often I get to flex my creative muscles. :)
There's some great LPs on the LP Archive.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

If you still have a Wii U, you can purchase the 3 Advance Wars games that are set in Wars World (AW1, AW1, and AW: DS). Otherwise you can look to alternate means in getting the game.

Mangs is a really popular LP'er and his channel primarily focuses on Fire Emblem though there's a ton of Advance Wars content as well. He played through all the Advance Wars games and even did some videos on the ones never released in the West like Super Famicom Wars. You should check him out because he's a really entertaining personality. You'll also find some other LP's of Advance Wars that are also pretty good.

Those are some interesting ideas you brought up. I think that would actually be an interesting take on the Advance Wars formula without outright being Fire Emblem. Of course you'd be able to buy units and stuff so the element of strategy is still there only you'll have to be careful not to have the CO perish in battle. We all brainstormed some ideas on how we could implement relationships without it being FE and we thought of an idea where CO's can be shipped between other nations. Which not ideal is something the series could do if relationships are a must. It could lead to nations forming strategic alliances and all which would be an important aspect in a future game IMO. Maybe also expand upon the nations as well and showing CO's outside of battle.

We're under the assumption that a new Advance Wars would be a midpoint inbetween happy go lucky Wars World and super duper serious Days of Ruin lol. So basically what you end up with is something akin to Fire Emblem in terms of tone haha.

I think keeping the "Advance" title is important for the series to have. The DS games retained the Advance title much like how most releases in Japan retained "Famicom" Wars as it's title. It's what fans know and love best so i'd rather keep it like that.

And all I could think of when you mentioned the future was this lmao!
Those are actually some interesting LP's. They're text based ones but I like how they have the CO Portraits and all. It's hard to find those around the web.

Isaac4SmashUltimate

Smash Apprentice
I'm in! I would like to support Andy for SSBUltimate! I've played Advance Wars: Dual Strike and Days of Ruin, but I would like to see more from that series/franchise. Same with Battalion Wars as well. (A character from that game would be great just like Andy.)

Seeing future AW games having relationships would be pretty weird, but if it'll help it sell then go for it. I'll buy it anyways, lol.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I'm in! I would like to support Andy for SSBUltimate! I've played Advance Wars: Dual Strike and Days of Ruin, but I would like to see more from that series/franchise. Same with Battalion Wars as well. (A character from that game would be great just like Andy.)

Seeing future AW games having relationships would be pretty weird, but if it'll help it sell then go for it. I'll buy it anyways, lol.
Welcome to the crew my dude!

Yeah relationships in AW would be very off but hey anything to bring this franchise back to life eh? I think that's a fair compromise if it meant finally getting something after a decade of nothing.

Isaac4SmashUltimate

Smash Apprentice
Welcome to the crew my dude!

Yeah relationships in AW would be very off but hey anything to bring this franchise back to life eh? I think that's a fair compromise if it meant finally getting something after a decade of nothing.
Thanks, Ura. : D

Indeed. Though I'm not sure what else to add other than that and some Co-op mode.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Thanks, Ura. : D

Indeed. Though I'm not sure what else to add other than that and some Co-op mode.
Well we brainstormed a bunch of ideas so you might want to check those out. Lots of ways I think those kinds of idea could be implemented to this series.

And to anyone else lurking in this thread, feel free to ask to be on the support list. I know there's some people that voted on the poll and liked the OP that haven't posted here.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I mean it's not ideal but anything to get this franchise back to life. :)

But yeah, character relationships and lots of anime is what's going to make this series sell like gangbusters lol. If the gameplay isn't too badly changed then I think it's something I can live with.

If new AW were to be successful then the entire franchise would benefit as seen with old FE (pre-Awakening) getting a lot of love through FEH and even FEW. Hell they made Echoes to appeal to those older fans so chances are we would see a return to form game as well later down the road.

That and I think it would be cool if characters like Andy and Will made appearances with updated designs and looks.
A Dynasty Warriors-type spinoff would be cool for AW, I think, make it in the style of Empires, and have Andy slug enemy troops with his wrench!

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
A Dynasty Warriors-type spinoff would be cool for AW, I think, make it in the style of Empires, and have Andy slug enemy troops with his wrench!
I always thought it would be funny is Andy or someone made a cameo in FEW or even FEH but that never happened.

I think with every Warriors game (or at least the Nintendo ones) they tend to focus on 3 games. HW focused on OoT, TP, and SS. FEW focused on SD, Awakening, and Fates. So with Advance Wars, it would have to be the Wars World cast, the Days of Ruin cast, and then the Super Famicom CO's as well lol.

Of course I want this franchise to come back from the dead before I start to think of spinoff titles for it lol. One thing at a time. :)

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I always thought it would be funny is Andy or someone made a cameo in FEW or even FEH but that never happened.

I think with every Warriors game (or at least the Nintendo ones) they tend to focus on 3 games. HW focused on OoT, TP, and SS. FEW focused on SD, Awakening, and Fates. So with Advance Wars, it would have to be the Wars World cast, the Days of Ruin cast, and then the Super Famicom CO's as well lol.

Of course I want this franchise to come back from the dead before I start to think of spinoff titles for it lol. One thing at a time. :)
Well, there's also the Battalion Wars COs, for that WTF inclusion factor. But yeah, we'll see what happens.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Well, there's also the Battalion Wars COs, for that WTF inclusion factor. But yeah, we'll see what happens.
Oh Tartar Sauce how could I forget about those guys. :facepalm:

TBH I don't think the Battalion Wars cast would ever be referenced in a future Advance Wars. Not even in a spinoff. Mainly because BW being made by Western developers lessens it's chance of being in a Japanese game like "Wars Warriors" would be.

That being said, it would be awesome if they did incorporate those characters in a game like that. The entire Wars series deserves to be referenced. That and I also think Brigadier Betty is like a genederbent Andy lol.

Last edited:
Top Bottom