• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Orange Star's Hyperactive Whiz Kid! - Andy For Smash Ultimate! We'll Live To Fight Another Day...

Favorite Advance Wars Game (Not Including pre-AW and Battalion Wars)

• Total voters

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Hello Andy fans. I haven't commented on this thread before, but I really want to see Andy and Advance Wars in general get into Smash. Here's a mockup I did for what Andy's moveset could be.

I also made a video to go alongside it, where I go a bit more in depth, but it's obscenely long, so I don't blame you if you don't have time to see it. Here's a link if you're interested. Let me know what you think.
This is awesome, fantastic job!

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I don't have that much free time, but individual Andy poses don't take that long to make. If there's 3-4 key moves/poses that you think would sell the idea of your moveset, I could find time to draw those up. You're the first person to ask for something like this, so I'll try to find time to help out.
Yeah maybe just a few moves and Andy's stock display with the Fund meter is enough for me. Hope it's not too much to ask lol.

I'll have the entire Challenger Pack laid out including the moveset, stage, tracks, spirits, classic mode, and even the Mii Costumes.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Alright everyone, after months (years?) of procrastination, I finally got Andy's Challenger Pack out as well as how I envision everything in his Pack. Take a read and let me know what you think!

Moveset

The premise of Andy's moveset is that Andy himself is not that effective as a Fighter (despite being a CO and all) because his real strengths is commanding and mechanics stuff. With this in mind, Andy relies on his units to do the "heavy lifting" so to speak of carrying Andy to victory. Much like Advance Wars itself, the player must strategize to obtain victory. This includes knowing when to purchase a unit effectively and being mindful of the Funds available while in battle. Most of Andy's melee attacks are quick, relatively weak wrench attacks but his units really pack a punch.

Andy's moveset revolves around his fund system of course to purchase his units and get what he needs to get the advantage in battle. Andy's Funds increase the more Andy takes damage and deals damage similar to how Hero's MP system works. The Funds are displayed next to Andy's stock counter and they increase by the hundreds much like they do in Advance Wars. Lets say Andy's Funds increase by 100 for every time he's damaged or damages an opponent. Should Andy be KO'd, he will default to having 5,000 Funds.

1605058737052.png

Animations

Idle Animation:
Andy holds one wrench close to his chest and the other by his leg. Andy swings his arms around like the restless kid that he is and occasionally examines his wrenches.

Walking Animation: Andy cautiously walks holding both his wrenches at his side.

Running Animation: Andy runs Naruto-style with his wrenches behind his back (I thought it was funny okay?)

Jump: Andy leaps from the ground holding his wrenches at his side.

Double Jump: Andy does a spin similar to Falco's double jump.

Standard KO: Andy yells out "Darn!"

Star KO: Andy screams "What's an airport again?"

Screen KO: Andy winces as he crashes against the screen.

Melee Attacks

Jab:
Andy jabs at his opponent with his wrench horizontally. It's a pretty weak attack but it can be used quickly and constantly. If times right, Andy can catch projectiles with his wrench.

F-Tilt: Andy swings his wrench horizontally at the opponent, launching them slightly forward.

U-Tilt: Andy spins his wrenches upwards sending opponents in the air slightly but hitting several times.

D-Tilt: Andy swings his wrench towards the ground, slightly propelling the opponent.

Dash Attack: Andy gets in an APC and crashes anyone in his way. Will also generate Andy 100 Funds if the opponent is attacked.

F-Smash: Andy swings both his wrenches at his opponent similar to Pit's forward smash.

U-Smash: Like his up air only Andy uses both wrenches that sends his opponent flying upwards.

D-Smash: Andy swings his wrenches towards the ground on both side similar to Pit's down smash. Useful for foes that roll a lot.

N-Air: Andy spins his wrench's horizontally launching his foes away from him.

F-Air: Andy swings up wrenches foward similar to Marth's forward air.

B-Air: Andy kicks his opponent from the back similar to Falco's back air.

U-Air: Andy spins his wrenches upwards similar to King Dedede's up air.

D-Air: Andy spikes his wrenches downwards launch his foe straight down. Similar to Roy's down air.

Grab: Andy grabs the opponent with his wrench placed at their throat.

Grab Attack: Andy uses his wrench to attack his opponent while they're in his grip.

F-Throw: Andy uses his APC to trap his opponent launch them off stage unless they break out.

B-Throw: Andy throws his opponent behind him similar to Toon Link.

U-Throw: Andy summons a neutral property that spikes the opponent upwards (but disappears right after so no funds are generated for Andy).

D-Throw: Andy stomps on his opponents similar to his property capture animation.

Specials

Neutral Special: Hyper Repair/Upgrade

If a unit is damaged, Andy can either fix them or improve their stats like his CO Power in Advance Wars. Hyper Repair simply heals the units while Hyper Upgrade heals them even further while upgrading their damage/knockback. Much like Max Hamm Max Hamm 's design, the damaged units will also be displayed next to Andy's stock counter to indicate which unit needs to be repaired. Since there's no CO Power Meter in this concept design, Andy uses Hyper Repair when his funds are <10,000 and Hyper Upgrade when he has 10,000 or greater funds. All the player needs to do is press B next to the damaged unit to use this special.

Side Special: Mech Rocket

Has a similar functionality to the Mech unit Andy can summon but instead, Andy pulls out a Mech Rocket of his own to do quick, significant damage/knockback (albeit with noticeable starting lag). Useful in close quarters as Andy is not very good when it comes to fighting opponents up close. Also doesn't cost any funds to use so it's a useful move in Andy's kit.

Up Special: Copter Retreat

Andy summons a Copter to help him recover back to the stage. Depending on the amount of funds Andy has available, the functionality works differently.

If <5,000 Funds: Andy will use a Parachute which has a similar functionality to Peach/Daisy's umbrella Up Smash. Andy is essentially helpless in this state and his only hope to recover is if his vertical distance isn't too far below from the stage. Andy doesn't use up any funds using the Parachute.

If 5,000-8,900 Funds: Andy will summon a Transport Copter to help him recover back to the stage. The Transport Copter lets Andy freely fly in the stage for a limited duration but can still be destroyed if the opponent attacks it. Andy can exit the Copter by pressing A. The T-Copter costs Andy 5,000 Funds to use.

If 9,000 or more Funds: Andy will summon a Battle Copter that has everything the Transport Copter has plus added firepower. Holding B will allow Andy to shoot at foes and pressing B will allow him to fire missiles at his opponents. Like the T-Copter, it can be exited by pressing A. The B-Copter costs Andy 9,000 Funds to use.

Down Special: Unit Purchase/Summon

Andy purchases a unit from a small sub-menu depending on how much funds he has available (similar to how Hero can choose a spell with his MP). The units are ripped straight from the battle animations of the GBA Advance Wars games (the ones in the battle animations and not the overworld sprites like the old Assist Trophy). The list of units, their functionality, and their prices are listed below.

Infantry - 1,000 Funds

The most basic unit Andy can summon. The Infantry will fire a round of shots but can easily be destroyed by the opponent.

Mech - 3,000 Funds

Much like the Infantry unit but the Mech unit fires a missile from their bazooka at the opponent. Has a bit of starting lag but does significant damage/knockback if the missile hits the opponent. Like the Infantry, the Mech unit can easily be destroyed.

Recon - 4,000 Funds

A quick, surprise attack option for Andy to use. The Recon will dash at the opponent whilst firing at them and might even drag the opponent off-stage if they're not careful. Can very easily be destroyed by the opponent should they not get caught off-guard.

Anti-Air - 8,000 Funds

Andy summons an Anti-Air that attacks anyone in his direction (the unit locks on to foes). The A-Air does noticeable damage/knockback on the ground but should they be in the air, the damage/knockback output will be increased by 2X making it deadly against characters who rely on air-based combat. Can be destroyed with some noticeable damage done.

Tank - 7,000 Funds

The basic Tank unit Andy can summon that fires immediately at the opponent after being purchased . Does significant damage/knockback but pales in comparison to it's more powerful variations. Takes a bit to destroy by the enemy.

Md. Tank - 16,000 Funds

A much more powerful, larger version of the standard Tank unit. The Md. Tank functions similarly to the Tank unit but it's damage/knockback is much greater. Takes a lot from the opponent to destroy.

Neo Tank - 22,000 Funds

An even more powerful variation of the Tank that exceeds the Md. Tank by a noticeable amount in terms of damage and knockback. The Neo Tank is very hard to destroy by the opponent.

Artillery - 6,000 Funds

A great zoning option for Andy to use for effective stage control. The Artillery will zone in on opponent and fires from a distance doing significant damage/knockback. Can be destroyed after taking some hits.

Missiles - 12,000 Funds

Another zoning option for Andy to use but it's only really useful for attacking foes in the air. It won't do much damage to foes on the ground but can almost be OHKO moves to foes in the air if timed right. A very situational move basically. Can de destroyed after taking some hits.

Rockets - 15,000 Funds

Andy's best zoning option out of the three. The Rockets will lock on to foes and will do a lot of damage/knockback to foes that get hit. Does more damage to foes on the ground but still does powerful damage to foes in the air (not as much as the Missiles though). Can be destroyed after taking some hits.

Final Smash: Megatank

Straight from Advance Wars: Dual Strike, the Megatank obliterates any foes in it's path with it's firepower. Andy calls in Max who appears on the stage ala the old Landmaster Final Smash and goes trigger happy on all the opponents in the way causing massive damager and knockback. The Final Smash essentially a OHKO move to any opponent that is caught in the attack.

Misc.

Up Taunt:
Andy throws out his iconic peace sign taunt grinning all the while.

1605058766280.png

Side Taunt: Andy pulls out a GBA and starts playing Advance Wars (breaking the fourth wall lol)

Down Taunt: Andy captures a neutral property which he can generate additional funds from (the opponent can destroy it to stop Andy from generating the funds)

Victory Animation 1: Andy throws out the Peace Sign, leaning on his APC saying "I haven't even rolled up my sleeves"

Victory Animation 2: Andy throws his wrench up in the air and catches it, doing the pose he does in Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising and says his iconic quote "I can fix anything!"

Victory Animation 3: Andy captures an HQ and yells "Victory!"

- When Andy is selected in Home-Run Contest, he will have 50,000 Funds available from the start allowing the player to do as much damage as they can before launching the Sandbag.

- Only three properties can be summoned through Andy's down taunt for each stock he has otherwise it will not function.

- Only three units can be summoned at a time to avoid a cluster of units lagging the game in 8-Player battles. Also, because anymore than that is way too OP lol.

Stage

Wars World

The premise of this stage is to really capture the feel of what Advance Wars is all in all. So you want to think of a large-scale war taking place on the stage being waged by players in the game.

The idea I have for this stage is that it takes place in a city next to the ocean so that sea units can be deployed as well as air units. The stage has two separate HQ's one opposite ends of the stage with neutral bases that can be captured to deploy units. Once a player captures an HQ, they can then capture bases to deploy Infantry & Tanks to aid them in battle (the same ones Andy can purchase from his down special). The player simply needs to stand in place on the property for about 5 seconds to capture the property can then the units will follow them wherever they go and attack all the opponents they come in to contact with. The player can also capture opponents properties to gain the advantage on stage and to limit the amount of units the other player has. If the player destroys an opponent's HQ, all the their units will be destroyed and their bases will become neutral. Should the player capture the opponent's HQ instead, all their bases are turned against them as well as their own units. Lets say it takes 10 seconds to capture an opponent's HQ instead of the normal 5 since it completely turns the tide of battle against the opponent.

Lets say there's a multitude of Bases, Ports, and Airports for the player to capture. I already touched on the Bases but the player can also capture Ports to get a Battleship to fire from afar at all foes or a Cruiser to fire missiles at the opponents. Airports can allow for Battle Copters as well as Fighter Jets and Bombers for an effective air strike against the opponent.

This is a very brief description of what the stage would be like but unfortunately, I can't describe it any better without being able to draw it.

Tracks

- Andy's Anthem (Advance Wars, 2001) (Remix)

Spirits

- Andy (Fighter Spirit) (Uses his artwork from Advance Wars, 2001)

- Max (Advanced Spirit **)
Opponent: Giant :ultlittlemac: with small :ultsnake: allies
Stage: Boxing Ring (Omega version)
Music: Max' Theme
Conditions: The enemy is giant and has several Infantry (i.e. miniature Snake's) to help.

- Sami (Advanced Spirit **)
Opponent: :ultzss: with small :ultsnake: allies
Stage: Wrecking Crew (Omega version)
Music: Sami's Theme
Conditions: The enemy has a super scope and has several Infantry (i.e. miniature Snake's) to help.

- Nell (Ace Spirit ***)
Opponent: :ultpeach: (purple alt) with ally Andy
Stage: Wars World
Music: Nell's Theme
Conditions: The enemy will suddenly have dramatically increased power and has Andy to help.

- Olaf (carry over from Base Game) (Novice Spirit *)

- Sonja (Novice Spirit *)
Opponent: :ultisabelle: with ally :ultchrom: (referencing Kanbei)
Stage: Suzaku Castle (Battlefield version)
Music: Sonja's Theme
Conditions: The enemy's ally has increased attack and defense. The player wins if the enemy is KO'd

- Eagle (carry over from Base Game) (Novice Spirit *)

- Rachel (Advanced Spirit **)
Opponent: :ultdaisy: (referencing the fact that she's Nell's sister)
Stage: Gaur Plain (Battlefield version)
Conditions: Rockets will appear very frequently in battle and they're more powerful when used by the enemy. Bom-obs's will also drop from the air.

- Will (Advanced Spirit **)
Opponent: :ultmarth: with ally :ultisabelle: (referencing Isabella from Days of Ruin)
Stage: Reset Bomb Factory (1st phase only)
Music: Days of Ruin Medley
Conditions: The enemy will have increased attack and defense as long as their ally is in battle.

- Tank & Infantry (carry over from Base Game) (Novice Spirit **)

- Hawke (Ace Spirit ***)
Opponent: :ultsnake:
Stage: Dracula's Castle (Battlefield version)
Music: Crimean Army Sortie
Conditions: The opponent will occasionally heal and you will get damaged back. The enemy also has increased attack and defense.

- Sturm (Legendary Spirit ****)
Opponent: :ultganondorf:
Stage: Midgar (Hazards off)
Music: Sturm's Theme
Conditions: Stamina battle. The enemy has super armor and The Moon Assist Trophy will appear frequently.

Classic Mode Route

Title: Old Favorites

The route is for franchises that haven't received new entry's before 2010 and that are dormant/retro/finished

Round 1: :ultlittlemac:(Boxing Ring)

Round 2: :ultduckhunt::ultrob::ulticeclimbers: (Duck Hunt Stage, Free For All)

Round 3: :ultfalcon: (Port Town Aero Dive)

Round 4: :ultness::ultlucas: (Onett, Team Battle)

Round 5: :ultwario: in his classic alt (Dream Land GB, referencing Wario Land which has been dormant before 2010)

Round 6: :ultgnw: (Horde Battle)

Bonus Stage

Final Boss:
Clone Andy followed by Marx (A reference to Andy's clone in the AW1 Campaign. Also, Marx is a stand-in for Sturm (main antagonist of Advance Wars) in this case because both characters are manipulators in their games).

Mii Costumes

Super Smash Bros Ultimate X Advance Wars

Sami (Mii Gunner)

Super Smash Bros Ultimate X Astral Chain

Akira Howard (Male & Female) (Mii Swordfighter)

Super Smash Bros Ultimate X Rhythm Heaven

Chorus Kids (Mii Brawler)

Super Smash Bros Ultimate X Style Savvy

Shopkeeper (Mii Brawler)

Super Smash Bros Ultmate X Metal Slug

Marco Rossi (Mii Gunner)

Super Smash Bros Ultimate X Shovel Knight

Shovel Knight (Mii Swordfighter)

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Alright everyone, after months (years?) of procrastination, I finally got Andy's Challenger Pack out as well as how I envision everything in his Pack. Take a read and let me know what you think!

Moveset

The premise of Andy's moveset is that Andy himself is not that effective as a Fighter (despite being a CO and all) because his real strengths is commanding and mechanics stuff. With this in mind, Andy relies on his units to do the "heavy lifting" so to speak of carrying Andy to victory. Much like Advance Wars itself, the player must strategize to obtain victory. This includes knowing when to purchase a unit effectively and being mindful of the Funds available while in battle. Most of Andy's melee attacks are quick, relatively weak wrench attacks but his units really pack a punch.

Andy's moveset revolves around his fund system of course to purchase his units and get what he needs to get the advantage in battle. Andy's Funds increase the more Andy takes damage and receives damage similar to how Hero's MP system works. The Funds are displayed next to Andy's stock counter and they increase by the hundreds much like they do in Advance Wars. Lets say Andy's Funds increase by 100 for every time he's damaged or damages an opponent. Should Andy be KO'd, he will default to having 5,000 Funds.

Animations

Idle Animation:
Andy holds one wrench close to his chest and the other by his leg. Andy swings his arms around like the restless kid that he is and occasionally examines his wrenches.

Walking Animation: Andy cautiously walks holding both his wrenches at his side.

Running Animation: Andy runs Naruto-style with his wrenches behind his back (I thought it was funny okay?)

Jump: Andy leaps from the ground holding his wrenches at his side.

Double Jump: Andy does a spin similar to Falco's double jump.

Standard KO: Andy yells out "Darn!"

Star KO: Andy screams "What's an airport again?"

Screen KO: Andy winces as he crashes against the screen.

Melee Attacks

Jab:
Andy jabs at his opponent with his wrench horizontally. It's a pretty weak attack but it can be used quickly and constantly. If times right, Andy can catch projectiles with his wrench.

F-Tilt: Andy swings his wrench horizontally at the opponent, launching them slightly forward.

U-Tilt: Andy spins his wrenches upwards sending opponents in the air slightly but hitting several times.

D-Tilt: Andy swings his wrench towards the ground, slightly propelling the opponent.

Dash Attack: Andy gets in an APC and crashes anyone in his way. Will also generate Andy 100 Funds if the opponent is attacked.

F-Smash: Andy swings both his wrenches at his opponent similar to Pit's forward smash.

U-Smash: Like his up air only Andy uses both wrenches that sends his opponent flying upwards.

D-Smash: Andy swings his wrenches towards the ground on both side similar to Pit's down smash. Useful for foes that roll a lot.

N-Air: Andy spins his wrench's horizontally launching his foes away from him.

F-Air: Andy swings up wrenches foward similar to Marth's forward air.

B-Air: Andy kicks his opponent from the back similar to Falco's back air.

U-Air: Andy spins his wrenches upwards similar to King Dedede's up air.

D-Air: Andy spikes his wrenches downwards launch his foe straight down. Similar to Roy's down air.

Grab: Andy grabs the opponent with his wrench placed at their throat.

Grab Attack: Andy uses his wrench to attack his opponent while they're in his grip.

F-Throw: Andy uses his APC to trap his opponent launch them off stage unless they break out.

B-Throw: Andy throws his opponent behind him similar to Toon Link.

U-Throw: Andy summons a neutral property that spikes the opponent upwards (but disappears right after so no funds are generated for Andy).

D-Throw: Andy stomps on his opponents similar to his property capture animation.

Specials

Neutral Special: Hyper Repair/Upgrade

If a unit is damaged, Andy can either fix them or improve their stats like his CO Power in Advance Wars. Hyper Repair simply heals the units while Hyper Upgrade heals them even further while upgrading their damage/knockback. Much like Max Hamm Max Hamm 's design, the damaged units will also be displayed next to Andy's stock counter to indicate which unit needs to be repaired. Since there's no CO Power Meter in this concept design, Andy uses Hyper Repair when his funds are <10,000 and Hyper Upgrade when he has 10,000 or greater funds. All the player needs to do is press B next to the damaged unit to use this special.

Side Special: Mech Rocket

Has a similar functionality to the Mech unit Andy can summon but instead, Andy pulls out a Mech Rocket of his own to do quick, significant damage/knockback (albeit with noticeable starting lag). Useful in close quarters as Andy is not very good when it comes to fighting opponents up close. Also doesn't cost any funds to use so it's a useful move in Andy's kit.

Up Special: Copter Retreat

Andy summons a Copter to help him recover back to the stage. Depending on the amount of funds Andy has available, the functionality works differently.

If <5,000 Funds: Andy will use a Parachute which has a similar functionality to Peach/Daisy's umbrella Up Smash. Andy is essentially helpless in this state and his only hope to recover is if his vertical distance isn't too far below from the stage. Andy doesn't use up any funds using the Parachute.

If 5,000-8,900 Funds: Andy will summon a Transport Copter to help him recover back to the stage. The Transport Copter lets Andy freely fly in the stage for a limited duration but can still be destroyed if the opponent attacks it. Andy can exit the Copter by pressing A. The T-Copter costs Andy 5,000 Funds to use.

If 9,000 or more Funds: Andy will summon a Battle Copter that has everything the Transport Copter has plus added firepower. Holding B will allow Andy to shoot at foes and pressing B will allow him to fire missiles at his opponents. Like the T-Copter, it can be exited by pressing A. The B-Copter costs Andy 9,000 Funds to use.

Down Special: Unit Purchase/Summon

Andy purchases a unit from a small sub-menu depending on how much funds he has available (similar to how Hero can choose a spell with his MP). The units are ripped straight from the battle animations of the GBA Advance Wars games (the ones in the battle animations and not the overworld sprites like the old Assist Trophy). The list of units, their functionality, and their prices are listed below.

Infantry - 1,000 Funds

The most basic unit Andy can summon. The Infantry will fire a round of shots but can easily be destroyed by the opponent.

Mech - 3,000 Funds

Much like the Infantry unit but the Mech unit fires a missile from their bazooka at the opponent. Has a bit of starting lag but does significant damage/knockback if the missile hits the opponent. Like the Infantry, the Mech unit can easily be destroyed.

Recon - 4,000 Funds

A quick, surprise attack option for Andy to use. The Recon will dash at the opponent whilst firing at them and might even drag the opponent off-stage if they're not careful. Can very easily be destroyed by the opponent should they not get caught off-guard.

Anti-Air - 8,000 Funds

Andy summons an Anti-Air that attacks anyone in his direction (the unit locks on to foes). The A-Air does noticeable damage/knockback on the ground but should they be in the air, the damage/knockback output will be increased by 2X making it deadly against characters who rely on air-based combat. Can be destroyed with some noticeable damage done.

Tank - 7,000 Funds

The basic Tank unit Andy can summon that fires immediately at the opponent after being purchased . Does significant damage/knockback but pales in comparison to it's more powerful variations. Takes a bit to destroy by the enemy.

Md. Tank - 16,000 Funds

A much more powerful, larger version of the standard Tank unit. The Md. Tank functions similarly to the Tank unit but it's damage/knockback is much greater. Takes a lot from the opponent to destroy.

Neo Tank - 22,000 Funds

An even more powerful variation of the Tank that exceeds the Md. Tank by a noticeable amount in terms of damage and knock. The Neo Tank is very hard to destroy by the opponent.

Artillery - 6,000 Funds

A great zoning option for Andy to use for effective stage control. The Artillery will zone in on opponent and fires from a distance doing significant damage/knockback. Can be destroyed after taking some hits.

Missiles - 12,000 Funds

Another zoning option for Andy to use but it's only really useful for attacking foes in the air. It won't do much damage to foes on the ground but can almost be OHKO moves to foes in the air if timed right. A very situational move basically. Can de destroyed after taking some hits.

Rockets - 15,000 Funds

Andy's best zoning option out of the three. The Rockets will lock on to foes and will do a lot of damage/knockback to foes that get hit. Does more damage to foes on the ground but still does powerful damage to foes in the air (not as much as the Missiles though). Can be destroyed after taking some hits.

Final Smash: Megatank

Straight from Advance Wars: Dual Strike, the Megatank obliterates any foes in it's path with it's firepower. Andy calls in Max who appears on the stage ala the old Landmaster Final Smash and goes trigger happy on all the opponents in the way causing massive damager and knockback. The Final Smash essentially a OHKO move to any opponent that is caught in the attack.

Misc.

Up Taunt:
Andy throws out his iconic peace sign taunt grinning all the while.

Side Taunt: Andy pulls out a GBA and starts playing Advance Wars (breaking the fourth wall lol)

Down Taunt: Andy captures a neutral property which he can generate additional funds from (the opponent can destroy it to stop Andy from generating the funds)

Victory Animation 1: Andy throws out the Peace Sign, leaning on his APC saying "I haven't even rolled up my sleeves"

Victory Animation 2: Andy throws his wrench up in the air and catches it, doing the pose he does in Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising and says his iconic quote "I can fix anything!"

Victory Animation 3: Andy captures an HQ and yells "Victory!"

- When Andy is selected in Home-Run Contest, he will have 50,000 Funds available from the start allowing the player to do as much damage as they can before launching the Sandbag.

- Only three properties can be summoned through Andy's down taunt for each stock he has otherwise it will not function.

- Only three units can be summoned at a time to avoid a cluster of units lagging the game in 8-Player battles. Also, because anymore than that is way too OP lol.

Stage

Wars World

The premise of this stage is to really capture the feel of what Advance Wars is all in all. So you want to think of a large-scale war taking place on the stage being waged by players in the game.

The idea I have for this stage is that it takes place in a city next to the ocean so that sea units can be deployed as well as air units. The stage has two separate HQ's one opposite ends of the stage with neutral bases that can be captured to deploy units. Once a player captures an HQ, they can then capture bases to deploy Infantry & Tanks to aid them in battle (the same ones Andy can purchase from his down special). The player simply needs to stand in place on the property for about 5 seconds to capture the property can then the units will follow them wherever they go and attack all the opponents they come in to contact with. The player can also capture opponents properties to gain the advantage on stage and to limit the amount of units the other player has. If the player destroys an opponent's HQ, all the their units will be destroyed and their bases will become neutral. Should the player capture the opponent's HQ instead, all their bases are turned against them as well as their own units. Lets say it takes 10 seconds to capture an opponent's HQ instead of the normal 5 since it completely turns the tide of battle against the opponent.

Lets say there's a multitude of Bases, Ports, and Airports for the player to capture. I already touched on the Bases but the player can also capture Ports to get a Battleship to fire from afar at all foes or a Cruiser to fire missiles at the opponents. Airports can allow for Battle Copters as well as Fighter Jets and Bombers for an effective air strike against the opponent.

This is a very brief description of what the stage would be like but unfortunately, I can't describe it any better without being able to draw it.

Tracks

- Andy's Anthem (Advance Wars, 2001) (Remix)

Spirits

- Andy (Fighter Spirit) (Uses his artwork from Advance Wars, 2001)

- Max (Advanced Spirit **)
Opponent: Giant :ultlittlemac: with small :ultsnake: allies
Stage: Boxing Ring (Omega version)
Music: Max' Theme
Conditions: The enemy is giant and has several Infantry (i.e. miniature Snake's) to help.

- Sami (Advanced Spirit **)
Opponent: :ultzss: with small :ultsnake: allies
Stage: Wrecking Crew (Omega version)
Music: Sami's Theme
Conditions: The enemy has a super scope and has several Infantry (i.e. miniature Snake's) to help.

- Nell (Ace Spirit ***)
Opponent: :ultpeach: (purple alt) with ally Andy
Stage: Wars World
Conditions: The enemy will suddenly have dramatically increased power and has Andy to help.

- Olaf (carry over from Base Game) (Novice Spirit *)

- Sonja (Novice Spirit *)
Opponent: :ultisabelle: with ally :ultchrom: (referencing Kanbei)
Stage: Suzaku Castle (Battlefield version)
Music: Sonja's Theme
Conditions: The enemy's ally has increased attack and defense. The player wins if the enemy is KO'd

- Eagle (carry over from Base Game) (Novice Spirit *)

- Rachel (Advanced Spirit **)
Opponent: :ultdaisy: (referencing the fact that she's Nell's sister)
Stage: Gaur Plain (Battlefield version)
Conditions: Rockets will appear very frequently in battle and they're more powerful when used by the enemy. Bom-obs's will also drop from the air.

- Will (Advanced Spirit **)
Opponent: :ultmarth: with ally :ultisabelle: (referencing Isabella from Days of Ruin)
Stage: Reset Bomb Factory (1st phase only)
Music: Days of Ruin Medley
Conditions: The enemy will have increased attack and defense as long as their ally is in battle.

- Tank & Infantry (carry over from Base Game) (Novice Spirit **)

- Hawke (Ace Spirit ***)
Opponent: :ultsnake:
Stage: Dracula's Castle (Battlefield version)
Music: Crimean Army Sortie
Conditions: The opponent will occasionally heal and you will get damaged back. The enemy also has increased attack and defense.

- Sturm (Legendary Spirit ****)
Opponent: :ultganondorf:
Stage: Midgar (Hazards off)
Music: Sturm's Theme
Conditions: Stamina battle. The enemy has super armor and The Moon Assist Trophy will appear frequently.

Classic Mode Route

Title: Old Favorites

The route is for franchises that haven't received new entry's before 2010 and that are dormant/retro/finished

Round 1: :ultlittlemac:(Boxing Ring)

Round 2: :ultduckhunt::ultrob::ulticeclimbers: (Duck Hunt Stage, Free For All)

Round 3: :ultfalcon: (Port Town Aero Dive)

Round 4: :ultness::ultlucas: (Onett, Team Battle)

Round 5: :ultwario: in his classic alt (Dream Land GB, referencing Wario Land which has been dormant before 2010)

Round 6: :ultgnw: (Horde Battle)

Bonus Stage

Final Boss:
Clone Andy followed by Marx (A reference to Andy's clone in the AW1 Campaign. Also, Marx is a stand-in for Sturm (main antagonist of Advance Wars) in this case because both characters are manipulators in their games).

Mii Costumes

Super Smash Bros Ultimate X Advance Wars

Sami (Mii Gunner)

Super Smash Bros Ultimate X Astral Chain

Akira Howard (Male & Female) (Mii Swordfighter)

Super Smash Bros Ultimate X Rhythm Heaven

Chorus Kids (Mii Brawler)

Super Smash Bros Ultimate X Style Savvy

Shopkeeper (Mii Brawler)

Super Smash Bros Ultmate X Metal Slug

Marco Rossi (Mii Gunner)

Super Smash Bros X Shovel Knight

Shovel Knight (Mii Swordfighter)
That's exactly how I envision Andy playing! You nailed it. Also, I really like the map idea, with people capturing bases and deploying units like the Flying Men, very much like how a multiplayer game of AW would play. Great post all-around!

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I didn't see Max Hamm Max Hamm 's video posted in this thread so I went ahead and posted it here.

Give this video a watch if you haven't already because Max goes deep in to Andy's moveset kit along with other things not mentioned in his post (like an Infantry being in place before Andy arrives to the Battlefield). Plus, Max makes the video really entertaining so it's worth the long watch. Check it out when you can!

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
yo I support Andy. Lack of Advance Wars content (and fan support) in smash is depressing. Where did the infantry men go 😢
Methinks it has to do with the fact that AT's can be KO'd now and it might be cheap to have all those Infantry/Tanks counting as KO's. That's prob why Lakitu & Spines didn't return as an AT as well.

Nevertheless, thanks for supporting. I'll add you to the support list.

clearandsweet

Smash Journeyman
We should also mention Markomarko on Twitter saying IS is trying to bring Advance Wars back, and has been for a while. This guy is of sketch credibility afaik, no big leaks. He did get Pikmin 3 leak right, but so did everyone. Dunno the rest of his prediction history. His list seems a bit aspirational, but he did mention AW mobile game back a while ago so I guess he's doubling down.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
We should also mention Markomarko on Twitter saying IS is trying to bring Advance Wars back, and has been for a while. This guy is of sketch credibility afaik, no big leaks. He did get Pikmin 3 leak right, but so did everyone. Dunno the rest of his prediction history. His list seems a bit aspirational, but he did mention AW mobile game back a while ago so I guess he's doubling down.

Sketchy credibility aside, a lot of the stuff in that thread seems reasonable enough (except maybe the new Pikmin game, that series can't seem to get a break). Still, have any other leakers commented on any of this? Just want to be safe...

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
A new IP, a new WarioWare, a new AW, a new FE (even if it's just a remake) and also a Paper Mario remake all just for 2021? I don't know how many employees IS has nowadays, but that seems a little too ambitious for just one company. It also sounds too much like a wishlist disguised as a leak, but hey, I'd love to be proven wrong.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

Sketchy credibility aside, a lot of the stuff in that thread seems reasonable enough (except maybe the new Pikmin game, that series can't seem to get a break). Still, have any other leakers commented on any of this? Just want to be safe...
A new IP, a new WarioWare, a new AW, a new FE (even if it's just a remake) and also a Paper Mario remake all just for 2021? I don't know how many employees IS has nowadays, but that seems a little too ambitious for just one company. It also sounds too much like a wishlist disguised as a leak, but hey, I'd love to be proven wrong.
Markomaro is an infamous fake who basically makes guesses he can backtrack or takes things being reported by other people and claims it as his own. I wouldn't buy what he has to say personally.

That being said, the case for Advance Wars returning next year is pretty strong given we're 2 years removed from the trademark filed back in Dec 2018. I explained why the trademark is very important many times in this thread so look back if you haven't. I would not be surprised at all if we got an announcement for Advance Wars Mobile in Feb/Mar next year and even a Switch announcement for late 2021 or 2022. The wait is going to suck but the reveal and immediate reaction is going to be so worth it I tell you.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
So browsing the Advance Wars subreddit the other day, I came across this post which is another "what if we got a sequel to the Wars World games years later" kind of thing. Basically, it's what Andy & Sami would look like if there was a new game that took place years in to the future.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Advance_Wars/comments/k05bbw https://www.reddit.com/r/Advance_Wars/comments/k6vrlo Maybe this would work if Andy & Sami were in advisor roles similar to that of Nell in the first Advance Wars? Interesting to think about.

If we do end up getting Advance Wars Mobile as the trademark suggests, it would be interesting if CO's like Andy and Sami had alternate skins that have them aged up like this. Or better yet, what the entire cast looks like years after the Wars World trilogy and the back story behind it.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
So Ura Ura how does Sephy getting into Smash affect Andy's chances? I'm assuming that's why you wanted somebody to post here...
I don't think Sephiroth's inclusion has much bearing on Andy's chances but I just wanted to evaluate where we're at right now. For Smash spec, Sephi's inclusion does paint a better light for popular side characters/villains like Chun-Li/Eggman but it really doesn't do anything for Andy. That being said, let's not forget that we already got two characters in this Pass (:ultminmin:ultsteve:) that have complexed movesets so the precedent is still good for Andy.

Of course, the only way for me to believe Andy has a shot of getting in is if the Advance Wars Mobile (maybe even a Switch game as well) is finally announced in the next 2-3 months. This is going back to what I was talking about for most of this year and how Nintendo's mobile partner more or less said the next mobile titles will be announced "towards the end of the fiscal year" which points to something being revealed/released in February or March. We also know thanks to Amiibo Theory that Challenger Pack 9 will likely release late-March/early April given the March 26th date so the timing works well enough for Andy to be Challenger Pack 9 theoretically speaking. Andy would be akin to Min-Min more than Byleth in that he's not really a promotional character but he's in to promote the franchise as a whole (assuming the Mobile game is released by then and a Switch game proper is on it's way). Lots of hypotheticals, I know but I can see it happening. But again, we need official confirmation of Advance Wars Mobile 2-3 months from now before we can really start to hope. I'll do a big write up sometime in January explaining why I believe this can pan out and basically a big review of things i've been saying in this thread this year.

If nothing else, Andy being the one to follow Sephiroth would be really funny in a way. Here comes the most iconic antagonist in gaming history and following suit is a character from a niche, dormant turn-based strategy franchise lmao. At least Andy has a compelling enough moveset to sell him to a general audience and that Advance Wars has a lot of good will with gaming fans (and for that matter, is historically significant to Nintendo in that it shifted their views on complex games being released in the West).

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
If nothing else, Andy being the one to follow Sephiroth would be really funny in a way. Here comes the most iconic antagonist in gaming history and following suit is a character from a niche, dormant turn-based strategy franchise lmao.
It wouldn't be the only time something like this happened. ARMS is a game that just sold enough, while Minecraft is the best-selling game of all time. Dragon Quest is a multigenerational franchise that invented a genre and sold over 80 million units, while Banjo-Kazooie simply follows in Mario 64's footsteps, is only relevant to the Nintendo 64, and only sold about 6 million units.

Anyway, do you think that perhaps some people would be able to recognize Advance Wars from Fleeing the Complex?
This scene is based off Advance Wars (or Fire Emblem, depending on which choice you make. Unfortunately only the FE one lets you pass.), and the most viewed English LP of the game (50 million views) points out that "That's so Advance Wars". I kind of hope an Andy trailer would feature the top-down map view because of this.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
It wouldn't be the only time something like this happened. ARMS is a game that just sold enough, while Minecraft is the best-selling game of all time. Dragon Quest is a multigenerational franchise that invented a genre and sold over 80 million units, while Banjo-Kazooie simply follows in Mario 64's footsteps, is only relevant to the Nintendo 64, and only sold about 6 million units.

Anyway, do you think that perhaps some people would be able to recognize Advance Wars from Fleeing the Complex?
This scene is based off Advance Wars (or Fire Emblem, depending on which choice you make. Unfortunately only the FE one lets you pass.), and the most viewed English LP of the game (50 million views) points out that "That's so Advance Wars". I kind of hope an Andy trailer would feature the top-down map view because of this.
I mean, Steve came after Min-Min so it wasn't like the former had to follow up. And Banjo i would argue is different because he was the result of fan demand and Nintendo/Microsoft collaborating with each other.

It's going to seem really awkward if Andy is following up on gaming's most iconic villians of all time. Not that I mind it, of course but it'll still be funny lol. Here's hoping those AW rumors pan out a month or two before CP9's reveal.

In regards to "Fleeing the Complex", I never heard of the game before but it's always nice when other games reference this franchise or take inspiration from it. And hey, the more eyeballs the better so that's great in my book!

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Hey y'all! Just wanted to let you all know that GaMetal released a GBA Medley of sorts covering a bunch of GBA tracks and Sami's Theme was among those remixes. Check it out from 1:34 to 2:13 in the video.

Love how GaMetal comes true for us Advance Wars peeps between this and the other covers he did for AW. Also, there seems to be more AW covers than usual as of late which is pretty cool to see.

As an aside, I really REALLY need this remix of Sami's Theme in Smash Ultimate. Like, right now lol.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Happy New Year all! This will be the year, I feel AW makes it's big comeback as i've mentioned before. Hopefully, we won't have to wait too long in the year to find out.

To celebrate, here's some AW-inspired Wargroove sprites featuring Sami, Kindle, & Jugger

https://www.reddit.com/r/Advance_Wars/comments/ko8qsw

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
So we got an unexpected piece of news today: Nintendo is buying out Next Level Games (the guy's who made Luigi's Mansion 3 and the like). Now granted, this is more a case where they bought them because they HAD to, but it shows that Nintendo is, in fact, okay with buying out some of their supporting companies if they so choose. Now, I don't know about you guys, but given how well Three Houses did, I could see IntSys being a similarly high priority. And if Nintendo decided to buy them, they wouldn't have to JUST make Fire Emblem and Paper Mario, if you know what I mean...

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
So we got an unexpected piece of news today: Nintendo is buying out Next Level Games (the guy's who made Luigi's Mansion 3 and the like). Now granted, this is more a case where they bought them because they HAD to, but it shows that Nintendo is, in fact, okay with buying out some of their supporting companies if they so choose. Now, I don't know about you guys, but given how well Three Houses did, I could see IntSys being a similarly high priority. And if Nintendo decided to buy them, they wouldn't have to JUST make Fire Emblem and Paper Mario, if you know what I mean...
Yeah, I saw the news yesterday and the first thing I thought to myself was "what if Nintendo did the same with Intelligent Systems?" And it wouldn't be much of a stretch since Intelligent Systems exclusively makes games for Nintendo platforms so it's not like they're losing creative freedom right? Pretty sure Next Level Games was only doing Nintendo games since 2010 so it adds up. Even more so the fact that IIRC, IntSys has never made any game that wasn't on a Nintendo platform.

As for AW's chances, as i've mentioned before I believe it's coming back this year given what I mentioned this past year with the trademark and all. It could even be a month or two before we might get to see the rumored mobile title since we were told last Spring that the next mobile games would come out "towards the end of the fiscial year". Given we're approaching Feb/Mar, I think we're very close to seeeing something materalizing soon.

A fully owned IntSys by Nintendo, however would give the franchise even greater prospects and IntSys would have far greater resources for development. In that regard, they could probably have full scale AW and FE games in development at the same time plus a PM or new IP on the side.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Do you think Andy should have codec calls? Like Snake's codecs and Pit's Palutena's guidance?
I think it would make a lot of sense, though since Advance Wars has no voice acting maybe it would be done only in text. Like the Resetti AT. That would also be less resource-intensive and easy to adapt for DLC characters.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I think it would make a lot of sense, though since Advance Wars has no voice acting maybe it would be done only in text. Like the Resetti AT. That would also be less resource-intensive and easy to adapt for DLC characters.
They didn't use Grunty codecs for :ultbanjokazooie:, so I doubt they'd expend resources for that instead of background cameos and touring stages.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Do you think Andy should have codec calls? Like Snake's codecs and Pit's Palutena's guidance?
I mentioned that a lot before especially in the early days of this thread and even before the thread. It would be pretty neat for Andy to have codecs with Nell, Sami, & Max and it could even be a cross between Palutena's Guidance & Snake's Codecs.

I don't see that happening for DLC given limited resources but if Andy were to get in to Ultimate and then returned for a sequel, I think it could happen. Hopefully by then, the franchise would have returned stronger than ever and these codecs would mean more now that the player is attached to the characters.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I haven't played Advance Wars (yet) but the characters and art style are so damn charming and I'd love to see it revitalized. Hopefully I'll find the time to check out the series for real sometime soon and I can be even further informed.

Definitely count me in as a supporter, as a longtime Rhythm Heaven for Smash advocate I also consider myself a strong ally to many other awesome, lesser celebrated Nintendo series that missed their chance. It bums me out that the opportunities for these characters have gotten smaller and smaller over the years - which in turn also makes me pretty happy that Min Min got in and ARMS didn't meet the same fate. Would love for her not to be the only one.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I haven't played Advance Wars (yet) but the characters and art style are so damn charming and I'd love to see it revitalized. Hopefully I'll find the time to check out the series for real sometime soon and I can be even further informed.

Definitely count me in as a supporter, as a longtime Rhythm Heaven for Smash advocate I also consider myself a strong ally to many other awesome, lesser celebrated Nintendo series that missed their chance. It bums me out that the opportunities for these characters have gotten smaller and smaller over the years - which in turn also makes me pretty happy that Min Min got in and ARMS didn't meet the same fate. Would love for her not to be the only one.
Yeah it's true a lot of these franchises miss their marks and I honestly believe Advance Wars could have had a character in Brawl if there was A) Less competition in the newcomer pool and B) If Advance Wars wasn't delayed in Japan. That being said, i'm hoping the trademark for this franchise finally pans out and we get the return of this franchise this year. If that were the case, then this franchise could potentially get it's chance 13 years later which is pretty cool to think about. Nothing's for certain yeah but man I really hope so lol.

Thanks for supporting as well, i'll add you to the support list.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Bad timing definitely hurts any series to various degrees. Hell, it's a miracle that :ultdiddy: got in Brawl at all.

If we'll hear anything about the AW rumors, it would have to be during March at the earliest. On average, nothing major gets announced from Ninty until sometime after the current scheduled games are released (Super Mario 3D World DX + Bowser's Fury, in this case). Especially if the fiscal year is about to start.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Bad timing definitely hurts any series to various degrees. Hell, it's a miracle that :ultdiddy: got in Brawl at all.

If we'll hear anything about the AW rumors, it would have to be during March at the earliest. On average, nothing major gets announced from Ninty until sometime after the current scheduled games are released (Super Mario 3D World DX + Bowser's Fury, in this case). Especially if the fiscal year is about to start.
I mean Diddy is a pretty notable character to omit so i'm not surprised that he made it in nor did I think he wasn't getting in. Prob would have been in Melee if circumstances were different.

In regards to the rumors, the reason why I bring up Feb 1st so much is because we were told that the next mobile games would be announced "toward the end of the fiscial year" and that was back in May. The fiscial year ends March 31st so it stands to reason why we should expect announcements of sorts in the coming 2 months. Feb 1st is also the date of Nintendo's next investor meeting so the timing adds up. If not Feb 1st, then hopefully sometime in March barring COVID-related delays.
Smash just wasn't as focused on modern Nintendo for its first-party newcomers back then. That or it wasn't as blatant as Smash 4.
Yeah but I think it's more like they needed to get the rest of the heavy hitters before anything else which is why so many of those franchises like AW, GS, CR, & S&P were relagated to AT status. Melee was getting most of the heavy hitters and Brawl was cleaning out the rest of them. By Smash 4, those smaller series got their chance as a result.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
The reason I doubt us hearing anything on early Feb is that whenever they promote a game aggressively until its release, no other first party projects will be announced to be ready for release/scheduling until after the former releases.

It happened for New Horizons, and it'll happen for 3DWDX as well.

Smash just wasn't as focused on modern Nintendo for its first-party newcomers back then. That or it wasn't as blatant as Smash 4.
Yeah but I think it's more like they needed to get the rest of the heavy hitters before anything else which is why so many of those franchises like AW, GS, CR, & S&P were relagated to AT status. Melee was getting most of the heavy hitters and Brawl was cleaning out the rest of them. By Smash 4, those smaller series got their chance as a result.
That and :ultsonic: being added late kind of mucked things up dev wise.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
The reason I doubt us hearing anything on early Feb is that whenever they promote a game aggressively until its release, no other first party projects will be announced to be ready for release/scheduling until after the former releases.

It happened for New Horizons, and it'll happen for 3DWDX as well.

That and :ultsonic: being added late kind of mucked things up dev wise.
I mean, it could always be a mobile announcement with a Switch game announcement for later in the year. I don't think it would be a roadblock in that regard.

Yeah Sonic's inclusion really messed things up in terms of Brawl's development. Mewtwo and Roy were likely cut as a result but who's to say what else might have been axed?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yeah Sonic's inclusion really messed things up in terms of Brawl's development. Mewtwo and Roy were likely cut as a result but who's to say what else might have been axed?
You did hear of the Forbidden Seven, yes? The most noteworthy losses were Dixie (as a team setup with Diddy) and, inexplicably enough, Plusle and Minun.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
You did hear of the Forbidden Seven, yes? The most noteworthy losses were Dixie (as a team setup with Diddy) and, inexplicably enough, Plusle and Minun.
Oh yeah I know about that alright. There was Dr. Mario & Toon Zelda/Toon Sheik in there as well but ultimately, Mewtwo & Roy were the ones closest to completion seeing as they had leftover data and Roy had an unused victory theme IIRC.

That being said, I do wonder if there was ever a plan in place to have an Advance Wars character in Brawl. Nothing that was scrapped from the game, of course but maybe early on in development Sakurai and his team considered putting Andy in the game and maybe even crafted out a moveset for him? It's interesting to think about. Maybe it could have been a deal where Sakurai didn't know how to approach the moveset like Villager but now we know that Sakurai is a lot more open to complex movesets then he was back in the early days of Smash Bros.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I always wondered what his voice would sound like in Smash....
I always pictured Andy sounding like Tai from Digimon Adventure which is why I brought up the idea of him being voiced by Joshua Seth. More likely than not, any game for Advance Wars featuring voice acting would use a talent pool similar to FEH so I high-key suspect Bryce Papenbrook to do the voice for Andy. I think he would be the ideal choice if it were something akin to Zidane or Red.
I always imagined Andy as the kind of person that has no inside voice, so... loud, probably.
I guess I could see him done by Kappei Yamaguchi. He's got the experience for that sort of thing.
Yeah true that, Andy seems like the kind of restless kid who gets distracted by everything and has so much (yet so little) to say. But personally, I think those are the kinds of quirks to his character that makes him so endearing lol.

Top Bottom