• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Options from ledge

JFyst

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1822-1491-9293
I think it's very common to use side b from ledge for many sonic's myself included, because when it hits, it's super good but when it's read you get punished super hard. I Was in Tampa yesterday, and I mm plup, it was game 3 last stock and he reads a panic side b from ledge and I lost. This has also happens in many video that you guys post, so my question is what other options do you guys do from ledge, for what situations?

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
There are about 4 or 5 things I do depending on the situation:

1. Side B from ledge, like you said, leads into wavelands, grabs, anything really.

2. Simple ledge dash, easy wavedash onto stage. Good for momentum and getting back onto the stage before the opponent can intercept you on the ledge.

3. Ledgejump > waveland on platform. An amazing option that is heavily underutilised in PM from my experience. Just input a jump from the ledge and waveland on the platform above you. Naturally, this is stage dependent.

4. Spacing with fair off ledge drops. A great option for poking the opponent away and resetting the edeguarding situation which, in turn, will allow you to use one of the other options to get back on stage.

Also, I'd imagine Plup is super experienced against Sonic, living in the same street as Wizzrobe and all, even though Sonic is very different now.

JFyst

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1822-1491-9293
Obviously he's experienced, but I'm not trying to catch him off guard I was looking to win, and my panic option cost me a 2-1 and a dollar.

Last edited:

NyTR0

Smash Apprentice
This is actually a really good question considering s
Sonic can't trade. When ever I feel pressured and don't want to risk anything I just let go of ledge and use spring to go over them and I dair anywhere that I feel would be safe. Blast attack can sometimes work but again.. GameStop trades...

GabPR

Smash Lord
Side b from the ledge is very common due to the invulnerability frames from the ledge making it rather safe at the beggining. Someone experienced in the matchup will tend tow ait farther out to catch the option and punish it. This however this gives you room to just wavedash back to the ledge. Sometimes its good to just stall on the ledge a bit by letting go and jumping to regrab just to see their reaction. But other options I would like to give my 2 cents on.

You can let go and quickly wall jump and you can do the following:
  • Blast attack towards the ledge (at a certain distance it will snap back on rather quickly)
  • homing attack towards the ledge (if it doesnt lock on same as above at the right distance, you will snap the ledge.)
  • Side b - onto the stage or towards the ledge to regrab it.
  • Jump - you can use it to go on stage with a back air or wavedash, or to stall for a bit and do homing, side b or blast attack towards the ledge.

Vultron

Smash Apprentice
C-stick drop down to UpAir works well if they are bad at spacing and stay literally on top of the ledge.

I also drop pretty low and then UpB to Bair to catch them off guard.

Top Bottom