• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Options against swords?

ziadie

Smash Rookie
As I fight more experience people, I am starting to run into a lot of Lucinas and the like.
What are some of the best approach options for wft? I find myself doing a lot of dashing trying to bait out some swings then dashing in.

Parallelo

Golden Boy
Switch FC
SW-1049 6345 7512
I'm a WFT main and my roommate is a Marth main. No idea how good we are in grand scheme but my favoured options to bait them to approach with deep breathing and projectiles, then throw out ftilt and jab1 since they can catch rolls. Dash -> shield -> jab is also quite good but you need to be sure they won't grab you. Also don't underestimate dashing in and crouching, WFT has one of the best crouches imo and it can also catch a lot of people with dtilt if they try to be too aggressive.

Dash attack is very easily punishable but good to mix up after you've conditioned them with the above. But the key to swordfight matches imo is constant long range pressure with Sun Salutation and Header, Bait them with deep breathing (which is essentially Limit in this game and is amazing) and then punish their aggression.

Mark The Page

Smash Apprentice
I'm a WFT main and my roommate is a Marth main.
OOF. *clutches heart*

The key thing to remember with Wii Fit Trainer is that she will never, ever, ever win in neutral. So you need to stay on the move and be flinging projectiles around like crazy. The new Header physics are so much easier to hit with, and when the opponent is getting desperate to rush into you, that's when you smack them in the face with Sun Salutation. She's very good at frustrating the opponent.

Another point is that you should never use Wii Fit Trainer on Final Destination. She benefits SO MUCH from the Battlefield platforms, because they let you toy with Header (which now no longer gets stuck above the platforms like it used to). Those platforms also keep the opponent above WFT, which is the #1 place nobody EVER wants to be.

That's my anti-sword strategy. Stay on the move, spam projectiles, frustrate the opponent, platform shenanigans.

Goddamn_Angela

Smash Cadet
Fire projectiles, keep moving and Deep Breathing when you have distance. You can't beat them in neutral but if you keep moving and attack unpredictably you should be able to, at least, annoy them to death.

Omastar

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2638-1454-6031
F-tilts, retreating bairs, and projectiles can keep swordies at bay. Having them get tilted is a great way to force unsafe options on shield or otherwise.

Top Bottom