• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Options after Bair on shield

kr4yt

Smash Rookie
So, I'm a relatively new comp smash player, I picked up peach. I'm showing some good progress (I think). I know of a few good options out of a FC Fair, Jabs, Grabs. Something else I like to do are instant FC bairs on the ground when someone tries to approach, however if I Bair onto shield what are my options? Is it best to just space it correctly and back off back into neutral?

Generally I like to Bair into a dsmash because Bair leaves me facing the wrong way and Dsmash comes out fairly quick and the damage is often enough to shield poke after the damage from Bair. Anyway yeah basically my question is, what are my options of out Instant FC Bairs and normal FC Bairs in general when they hit shield?

Red Rice

Smash Journeyman
Depends on the percent. Your follow-ups can range anywhere from grabs, jabs, dash attacks, and dsmash

Dr. Cannon

Smash Rookie
Grab, downsmash, jump bair. Grab works if they shield after bair expecting a downsmash. Jump bair works if they shield the downsmash and then jump expecting the grab. Mix it up. Good players will mix up their responses.

Gatoray

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gatoray
3DS FC
3024-5880-3045
Grab works if they shield after bair expecting a downsmash.
Dsmash eats through shields like a blender though. As long as they don't shield DI, more often than not it will shield poke.

pandacheck

Smash Ace
Like Red Rice said it all varies depending on the percentage your opponents at.

Personally for me I'm able to quickly turnaround and grab or dash attack my opponent. You should practice this as it opens more opportunities for you to punish your opponent in more ways than retreating back to the neutral game or just dsmashing. You can also dash dance quickly back and forth to throw your opponent off and then go for an unexpected dash attack.

Just mix it up and make sure you practice your float cancel aerials as peach is literally naked without adaquate tech skill to survive in a land infested with invaders with vastly advanced technology lol.

Hope this helped man.

TL_MissingNo

Smash Rookie
Dsmash eats through shields like a blender though. As long as they don't shield DI, more often than not it will shield poke.
You're right, but at the same time it's always a good thing to mix up your options so you don't become predictable. In my opinion downsmash out of fc bair on shield is the most efficient option especially at higher pepercentages, but as I said mix ups are super important as well.

Calzum!

LC | Team Heir
FC bair > D Smash become very predictable very fast, its very good but never rely on it like a lot of new peaches.

i'd suggest grabbing out of it is your best bet followed by Double jab

Fakes

Smash Apprentice
Came here to say Dsmash lol, like everyone else. The shield poke is too good. Worried about being shield grabbed? fc nair alll day

waifu

Smash Rookie
If you FC Bair to down smash on a sheik you are going to get punished. It won't shield poke. Just something to keep in mind.

Dominus Felis

Smash Apprentice
If you do an FC Bair onto shield, you should usually do a double jab D-Smash on small shields. On Sheik or big shield characters, try to avoid hitting the shield with that move, down-air is better.

eet

Smash Ace
I actually like to fc bair then immediately dash back out of range of any oos options. You can bait a fox who is really into punishing peach with an upsmash OOS, then punish his lag. It also gives you a few options; dash dance, grab or 'wall' of bairs. It really depends on how youre reading your opponent though kinda.

Last edited:
Top Bottom