• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Option selects

Moffe

Smash Apprentice
Alright so this is like some of the more interesting "techs" thats been discovered lately, at least to me.

For those who don't know what I mean should check out tech of the week vids on youtube. Ill link them here sometime later! :)

So far I have been trying the shield to utilt OS as Im using tilt stick.

This means that i hit shield quick and short and immedietly flick my tilt stick up. This also works great with ftilt.

What happens is that if i perfect shield. The shield dissappears fast enough for me to activate the utilt at frameperfect speed through buffering. If i do not get hit or get hit on normal shield the utilt wont come out and you can do a safer and more defensive option if youre being pressured.

This works great against characters like Sheik and other aggressive characters that like to approach from the air. But it takes a while to get used to, im not fully used to it yet, but i believe this is quite important especially against MUs like sheik.

This is a pretty big topic as you have tons of different types of OS, though I believe the one I already mentioned is probably one of the most interesting to us. So please be creative and share your thoughts and ideas :)

Currently im thinking of experimenting with a OS that includes tilt if perfect shielded, but spot dodge if not perfect shielded, incase im in a MU where you also have to watch out for grabs. Though its going to be quite difficult with timing etc... I dont know if itll work yet!

Edit: it works but it takes a lot of focus and energy to do it consistently.. XD

Last edited:

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Edit: Re-opened.

Unless you have something substantial to provide yourself, don't make a new thread. To clarify, the thread topic is fine, but what the OP contributes to the topic is only worth posting in e.g. the Q/A thread. If instead you actually found some option selects yourself, then making a new thread would be warranted.

With that said, if anyone had wanted to reply to this thread because you had actually found some option selects, then you will have the privilege of making and owning the thread for this topic yourself, and I would encourage you to do so.

Last edited:
Top Bottom