• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Optimal throw for techchase?

hidensheik11

Smash Apprentice
Which throw do you use to techchase? Down-throw or up-throw? Both seem to serve the same purpose. If you utilize techchasing at all, I'm curious to hear which throw you use because I can't decide.

cisyphus

Smash Ace
down throw has a far lower release point, so I'd imagine that's better. It also is 1% stronger. The downside seems to be that it's easier to DI away. U-throw also has a much earlier FAF. I don't think either is necessarily better than the other though.

Foo

Smash Lord
Which throw do you use to techchase? Down-throw or up-throw? Both seem to serve the same purpose. If you utilize techchasing at all, I'm curious to hear which throw you use because I can't decide.
Dthrow is used for tech chases against everyone but really fast fallers like spacies and falcon. Everyone else can do actions before hitting the ground after being upthrown. However, upthrow is better against the aforementioned fast fallers because it gives you more time to set up.

Player-3

Smash Hero
u can also force knockdown with bthrow at mid%s + if you want to trap them near the ledge

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Against FF'ers Uthrow gives you more time to get into optimal techchase position at lower percents.

Top Bottom