• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

optimal throw combo?

komugi

Smash Rookie
I just found that you can forward-throw into kara-fsmash for 25% true combo at very low percent against captain falcon. probably works against more characters. may not work if they di out?

Last edited:

Reverbo

Smash Rookie
Since most of Pits "good" low percent combos are somewhat inconsistent (depending on weight, fall speed, DI, etc.) the best way to do it is to mix up your low percent throw followups to keep your opponent guessing.

Worthy throw combos off the top of my head (* is a guaranteed combo)
*dthrow > usmash
dthrow > SH uair > usmash (best on fastfallers)
dthrow > SH fair > regrab (hit them with the top of fair hitbox so they fall down into you)
*dthrow > bair
dthrow > bair > bair (if they DI away, more consistent at 20ish% range on most characters)
dthrow > dair > falling uair >regrab
dthrow > dair > double jump nair
*fthrow > dash attack
fthrow > jab lock dair > regrab (best on fastfallers)
uthrow > uair

And those are just low percent combos that come to mind. Most players still resort to the guaranteed stuff at low percents, but I think adding some more rewarding mix-ups to your grab game definitely pays off.

Last edited:

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
Personally I like to use
Dthrow > Dair > Footstool > Dair Lock + Followup with another Dair combo/lock

^ Is probably optimal in terms of damage

Dthrow > Bair which often leads into another Bair

Fthrow > Dash Attack

^ Are what I find a good balance between reliable and damage.

At mid percents dthrow > Dair > another aerial is probs optimal.

komugi

Smash Rookie
Personally I like to use
Dthrow > Dair > Footstool > Dair Lock + Followup with another Dair combo/lock

^ Is probably optimal in terms of damage

Dthrow > Bair which often leads into another Bair

Fthrow > Dash Attack

^ Are what I find a good balance between reliable and damage.

At mid percents dthrow > Dair > another aerial is probs optimal.

I mean, I never see Earth go for these things though :/ f-throw dash attack is good but I feel like it stales a common move.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Earth doesn't go for a lot of things... He doesn't need to because he's godlike in neutral and doesn't want to take the 0.0001% risk.

Honestly, staling moves that aren't going to kill isn't a big deal. As long as you're not literally hitting people with DA ten times the loss in damage is negligible. Combo moves will combo for longer, but again it's not incredibly noticeable unless that's literally the only move you're landing.

Top Bottom