• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Optimal controller figuration for greninja?

SnorlaxPayUrTax

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-4000-8376-2440
Hey guys,

I'm fairly new to greninja and usually keep c-stick on tilts, but a lot of greninja combos involve smash attacks so should I change it to that for easier and more consistent combos? Also what other controller settings are best for greninja?

Thanks!! :) :D

MartinAW4

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure there is an optimal control setting but I can share mine.

Tilt stick vs Smash stick is up to preference. Lea uses tilt stick, but I prefer smash stick since I find running Dtilt easier to perform manually than running smashes. Both work well though so you can't really go wrong here.

I also recommend tap jump off, A+B for smashes on and change L to jump.

PadWarrior

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasboards suck
I'm not sure there is an optimal control setting but I can share mine.

Tilt stick vs Smash stick is up to preference. Lea uses tilt stick, but I prefer smash stick since I find running Dtilt easier to perform manually than running smashes. Both work well though so you can't really go wrong here.

I also recommend tap jump off, A+B for smashes on and change L to jump.
Do you know the rest of Lea set up or is that the only change he uses?

Top Bottom