• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Optimal control scheme?

Regulus

Smash Cadet
NNID
Count_Boognish
3DS FC
3351-4181-6573
Hi guys I'm looking to pocket Mewtwo and I was wondering what controls work best. Is tilt stick or special stick better, l jump or no, etc.

Bigfoothunter

Smash Rookie
NNID
Mastawoo3
Tilt stick is more often than not much better than smash or special stick. Idk about optimal but that's what most people use. No tap jump, and I recommend setting a shoulder button to jump for easier DJ cancel moves/ footstool disable. Setting Y or X to grab helps with quick phasing as well

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
Hi guys I'm looking to pocket Mewtwo and I was wondering what controls work best. Is tilt stick or special stick better, l jump or no, etc.
This is really a weird topic as everyone has preferences. For example:

:GCA:: Attack
:GCB:: Special
:GCY:: Jump
:GCX:: Grab (Z button is Special, and this makes Phasing easy)
:GCLT::Shield
:GCRT:: Jump (C-stick aerials)
:GCZ:: Special (footstool-Disable as well as other things like DJC SB.)
:GCCN:: Tilt (completely different discussion.)

Each player has there own likes and dislikes. My control scheme is built off of past mains, preference and necessity. I would suggest trying out new set-ups to find out what works for you. (P.S. Don't copy mine right away. It's not easy.)

Metalex

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mettalex
3DS FC
2509-3509-1078
Don't have too much to add to the discussion since as said above it's up to personal preference.
I personally only have tapjump off since i play with a clawgrip variation which allows me to have access to all buttons (and do Mewtwo's doublejump cancel stuff)

but for a general Mewtwo control scheme i would recommend trying C-stick to tilts, Tapjump off, and any of the shoulder buttons you don't use set to special or jump as it will allow you do to all techniques involving Mewtwo's doublejump cancel easily.

Hope it helps :4mewtwo:

Top Bottom