• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Opinions on Reveal?

Rating?

• 11/10!!

Votes: 16 35.6%
  • Prefect 10!

Votes: 13 28.9%
  • Nice 9!

Votes: 11 24.4%
  • Easy 8.

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • Seven.

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • 6?

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • V

• For

• Thr33

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • To.

• |

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Arm-some!

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • BEST! CHARACTER! EVER!

Votes: 8 17.8%

• Total voters

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm very excited and hyped. Minmin was the ARMS character I wanted and for once glad I was wrong. Definitely looking forward to playing her next week.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
lol these options, I'll just take all the best ones possible.

This was a sick trailer, loved the animation, and it felt like a real celebration of the character. I will say that I think this one was one of the weaker Sakurai presentations, though in part it's probably since he had to figure out on his own at home and didn't have people to laugh in the background.
Still, it didn't matter since the whole conversation about spirits just meant I had time to go hype online and on discord.

Also, just to nitpick, it's a shame the trailer didn't really include any of the DLC fighters. But really though, this is still such excellent animation and extremely hype.

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
I loved how the trailer was done, it showed so much character from a lot in the cast, which felt nice for the few that didn't make it. Also seeing characters doing stuff outside of fighting, like now with them just eating ramen, is always really nice. I love stuff like that. It's gotten me really excited and now I'm just patiently waiting for next week.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
It was uniquely the best reveal I've ever experienced.
I have never felt so validated in my intensity for having said for years that ARMS has no protagonist.

It was such an unexpected comment to have actually had confirmed.
the opposite of salty. It is so sweet.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
9.5/10 :p

You can never get perfection. It was pretty close though.

MarioDDR755

Smash Apprentice
11/10 for sure! I really felt like there was such a good chance for Min Min even though I was definitely expecting Spring Man since he's the mascot, more or less... but I went all in on Ramen Girl and I was so glad to see it actually was true.

The trailer was very good, I love the Captain Falcon eating ramen part, and the ARMS characters fighting for the pass was a super nice buildup and especially was so satisfying to have seen Min Min jump in and win. It does kind of make me feel bad for the other characters who didn't make it in, especially Spring Man. But it's ok, I'm sure he's not taking it too hard!

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Personally loved the trailer. You could tell it was made with a lower budget but they still made it work in a way that gives is a very high quality and clean looking animation!

I was also hoping that they go this route having sort of a royal rumble style reveal where everyone's fighting for the Smash invitation similar to the Terry reveal as I felt that best suited the way Arms goes as a game since a lot of the characters are seen interacting with eachother a fair bit. Definitely made it rather hype for a reveal!

So far Min Min's looking like a fun fighter. Hard to say if she's going to be good because she's got a good amount of potential but at the same time a pretty obvious weakness. We'll see how things play out for her on the 29th!

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
It was cool, but the fact that they showed the ramen at the beginning made it obvious Min Min was the character, which sort of killed the suspense. I also wish we had at least seen Coyle or Max Brass in the trailer. Other than that, though, I liked it. It was very well animated and full of charm.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Something that didn't click for me yesterday that finally fell in place today: translation.

I kept wondering why upon re-watching reactions I was reading things I didn't recall seeing before, and I realized it's the whole thing where there wasn't someone narrating in English. I'm used to watching anime movies and stuff on subs so I didn't even process it, but now I'm realizing there were a lot of details I just did not catch in either the character or the commentary because I was looking at the other.

I don't know why NoA wasn't prepared for a dubbed version this time, but it's definitely a huge gap I hope other reveals don't have. It's also kind of lame for accessibility since the subtitles are baked in and you can't really control things like text size, color, font, etc.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Something that didn't click for me yesterday that finally fell in place today: translation.

I kept wondering why upon re-watching reactions I was reading things I didn't recall seeing before, and I realized it's the whole thing where there wasn't someone narrating in English. I'm used to watching anime movies and stuff on subs so I didn't even process it, but now I'm realizing there were a lot of details I just did not catch in either the character or the commentary because I was looking at the other.

I don't know why NoA wasn't prepared for a dubbed version this time, but it's definitely a huge gap I hope other reveals don't have. It's also kind of lame for accessibility since the subtitles are baked in and you can't really control things like text size, color, font, etc.
I did think that was a bit odd. I'm used to watching subs in anime, so no biggie, but some people might've had trouble, especially young kids or people in other languages.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311

This is true. For me, between the subtitles and the new kitten that I was playing with, it was difficult to pay attention.
It took a few watches.
Not a problem.

LunchPolice

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LunchPolice
3DS FC
5456-0847-1584
While personally I was hoping for Twintelle, I gotta say Min Min looks absolutely gorgeous in this game. The colour palette is so appealing and the way her chakram swings back & forth is extremely well animated.

I'm a fan of range-y characters, and she seems like a novel one. Can't wait to try her out!

Top Bottom