• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Opinions on Joker?

Gabesta99

Smash Rookie
I just want to know where we think he is on the tier list personally I leaning more to upper mid tier.
what do you guys think

Kokiden

Smash Ace
High tier, but not top tier.

Definitely NOT broken as people are making him out to be, and is a character where you need to master fundamentals, and be all around good at the game, to do well with.

GhostM

Phantom
He is definitely a high tier character, but I don’t think he’s a top tier character like Pichu or anything. He is good at neutral if you know how to use his gun, especially to shoot downwards at people who try to hit him out of the air. Persona does help him a lot with his attacks, and his recovery with persona with the invincible frames at the beginning is one of the best recoveries in the game (not sure if it’s the #1 best recovery).

MercuryPenny

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MemorialDime
too inconsistent to be top tier, too oppressive to be mid tier

high tier sounds fine

FartyParty

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7316-5581-8026
I actually made a tier list yesterday. Top 10 and bottom tier are ordered. First 5 of high tier, which is where I've placed Joker, are semi-ordered. Everything else unordered.

So I've got Joker in the top 15, at or near the top of high tier, but not quite top tier (which I specifically limit to the top 10).

BlackInk

Smash Lord
He’s a perfect secondary for Inkling players and maybe Pikachu players. He seems inconsistent but that’s because he is a little more complex. It never feels like a struggle to play as joker even without Arsene. However, Arsene does make the matches feel easier to beat and enforce fear into opponents. You will find your opponents taking more defensive options to try to avoid Joker. So you want to look for their defensive options when you have Arsene.

Theoretically, he has a lot more options than most characters (even top tiers) and he has great comeback potential. He also seems like Snake’s worst possible opponent (other than Rosalina) due to how his counter works. In fact, Joker’s gameplan of unleashing Arsene is flat out easy when there are ways to self-damage yourself, which is Snake’s biggest flaw in the matchup.

Last edited:

Vale345

Smash Rookie
Look I'm a joker main. I think is very strong, expecially with Arsene the only thing that make Joker strong. He has a very great recovery, but infact without Arsene he doesn't kill anyone so easily. The revenge counter is OP, one of my friend thinks that it should be nerfed ehehe. By the way... HE'S STRONG

Vip3r

Smash Rookie
Ive been using Joker since the release of him of course i watched videos about him but adapted what i learned from the videos into my own view. As of now Im getting better. Joker design is insanely incredible he is very good when it comes to match ups when the opponents character can deal lots of dmg or combos; Ganon , Bayo, and Snake etc. Jokers Up smash comes up to fast and is broken to what my friend says. Any suggestions on how you guys use your own Joker :)

TennisBall

Smash Journeyman
I personally think he's somewhere in borderline, too good for high tier, but is not Pikachu tier.

Last edited:

domcarminefilix

Smash Rookie
Joker is a good character for sure, but I think he is more on the lower spectrum of top tier, that or topper part of high tier

FartyParty

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7316-5581-8026
A couple months ago I said Joker was in the upper part of high tier, but definitely not top tier. But more and more play has led me to the conclusion that he is undeniably a top 5 character in the game and probably top 3. He just doesn't have losing matchups. I barely play my secondaries anymore because no matter the matchup, I always feel like Joker gives me a better chance to win. I mean, ok, the stupid electric rats give him trouble, and I still think he slightly loses to Jigglypuff, but other than that, his matchups all range from even to +2 or 3.

At this point, Pika and Snake are the only characters I'd definitely rank above him with only 2 or 3 others that I'd even consider as maybe better than Joker.

Last edited:

BlackInk

Smash Lord
A couple months ago I said Joker was in the upper part of high tier, but definitely not top tier. But more and more play has led me to the conclusion that he is undeniably a top 5 character in the game and probably top 3. He just doesn't have losing matchups. I barely play my secondaries anymore because no matter the matchup, I always feel like Joker gives me a better chance to win. I mean, ok, the stupid electric rats give him trouble, and I still think he slightly loses to Jigglypuff, but other than that, his matchups all range from even to +2 or 3.

At this point, Pika and Snake are the only characters I'd definitely rank above him with only 2 or 3 others that I'd even consider as maybe better than Joker.
Joker, Snake, and Pikachu deserve their place as top of top-tier. They all require tons of commitment to use effectively.

MrSonicSB

Smash Rookie
I think Joker is top tier, as someone who plays Joker a lot I think he is very good especially with Arsene but I am not saying that he is the best character (maybe top 5 idk) and even with Arsene I think that he is not broken, Joker has also bad matchups but what matter do I have with this post...

Mains: :ultmetaknight::ultwolf::ultfalcon::ultjoker:

Top Bottom