• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Opinions on having a Melee Tournament in Northern KY

B Ice

Smash Rookie
I will start off by apologizing if this is the wrong thread. So basically I live in Carrollton a small town 40 minutes outside of Louisville and Cincy and also about 1.5/2 hours south of Indianapolis. We have a state park with a nice convention center that I'm looking to rent it out and host a tournament and also rent a cabin or two for a 21 and older after party in the summer time. I'm new to the competitive scene and haven't made many connections, if I offer a decent cash prize do you think i will be able to attract some of the better players from these areas? What would you all consider a worthy cash prize? What other tournaments are going on during that time so I know when/when not to schedule? Thanks for any feedback.

Ryuphoton

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ryuphoton
3DS FC
2552-4567-9907
I would think decent payouts will attract players, but as a first time TO, I would keep it small at first. I say this because then you can get used to TOing tournaments and then work up to larger tournaments, payouts, etc. If I would be able to make it out, I would try and come down. I'm trash at Melee, but I like supporting any local scenes as much as I can.

Top Bottom