• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Opinion Voting Week 4: Joy Cons or Pro Controller?

Which do you like better?

• Joy-cons

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Pro Controller

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member

I've been doing this on another forum for the past couple weeks(and a few years back I coined the idea on another forum), but figured I should do it here as well. I got advance permission from NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy to do this, so without further ado, let's get into things, shall we?

So to start, I obviously need to explain the name of the game, no?
Opinion Voting(that is, this very thread :p) is what normally is a series of threads(which is gonna be condensed into one thread for convenience's sake) where every week I post a poll and ask you to vote on a specific topic, usually being 2 polar opposites in terms of scope. While it's not required I would appreciate it if you also give a few sentences worth of why you pick the option.
I'll be changing the poll every Thursday along with the topic itself so it isn't stale. That's the core premise anyway. I am considering changing it up a bit here and there as well, but for the sake of Week 1 I'll just stick to the basics.

All previous topics will be spoilered and put here for archival's sake:
Week 1: Mario or Sonic?
Week 2: Nintendo, Xbox, or Playstation?
Week 3: LOZ: Breath of the Wild or Mario Odyssey?

So, as for the current topic of the thread:
Joy-cons or Pro controller?

I'm counting the Gamecube Controller for the Switch as a Pro controller for the purposes of this topic. What do you prefer when you use your Switch?(not just for Smash) Once again I'm running out of topics fast... so if you have any ideas PM me.

So, with all that outta the way, let's get to voting! :mega:

Last edited by a moderator:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Mario at his worst is slightly better than Sonic at his worst, while Sonic at his best is infinitely better than Mario at his best. I'm gonna go with Sonic. (though in terms of world building Mario has a way more interesting universe and a lot more memorable characters)

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Sonic since he's had this edge to his personality since his arrival on the Genesis, and apart from the way he's written in the 2010's (which is a whole other can of worms), he feels like this whole character. He has weaknesses, strengths, habits, etc. Mario feels like a blank slate-which makes sense considering the many genre's and general appeal. But Sonic will always have and do things Mario would never. And well...he's just way past cool! A lot of people rag on the darker storytelling of the 2000's Sonic games, but I embrace it, as it shows Sonic in a light that no Mario game would ever see-whether its saving the fictional Middle Ages from King Arthur's rule, travelling through time to save the world and then dying, running across the planet in an effort to rid himself of a dark curse, and snowboarding down the streets of San Francisco to avoid law enforcement. All the while staying true to himself and helping others for no reason other than he wants to. The most we got from Mario in this vain was Galaxy, and even then there's barely any story apart from the first and final acts (a great story, but still). Mario's almost never been characterized in a way apart from he wants to save a princess to get a kiss on the cheek, he loves his brother, he hates Bowser and Wario, and he's a plumber.
So yeah. Sonic for me.

KillerCage

Smash Master
Mario is more fun by far, but I just have a bit of a soft spot for the characters and stories in Sonic.

Overall, I would say Mario is better
Do you mean Mario's games are more fun than Sonic's titles or do you mean the actual characters of Mario and Sonic which is what we are talking about?

Top Bottom