• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Opinion on Ness?

Terriblis

Smash Rookie
I have been maining Ness for years and I am just wondering what everyone else thinks about him either from a competitive or causal standpoint.

GLORY12HOUND

Smash Cadet
I think ness is decent character with great combos and an exile not kill throw. However he has a low skill ceiling and a trolly play stile. Relieving on low skill grab combos, his back throw, and gimps. I think he is a good charictor. That is hated by the community.but those r my opinions which shouldn't matter to u. So u b u. :)

Last edited:

Ælude

Smash Cadet
Whose approval do you seek and why? Play him if you enjoy him, stop if you don't. Yes it can be this simple.

Omastar

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2638-1454-6031
From a competitive standpoint? I think he will continue to stay in high tier, but in order to win something like a major having a secondary is a must. He has great edge guarding tools and a number of ways to kill, but his disadvantage state is among the worst in the game and as the meta progresses he will only continue to get worse. The Ness meta is really at a standstill as pros like FOW and Shaky dont go to tournaments as often as they used to especially majors and Nakat is looking to play other characters in tournament. Lets hope FOW does some work at ZeRo saga to put Ness back on the map.

Top Bottom