• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Operation Starfall: Bringing Life to SMRPG Again

This was a list from earlier in the thread of all we've contacted. I think the only one we've not reached yet is McJuggerNuggets. As for who's gotten back to us, I'm... really sad to say that no one has.
That's ok, some of them are probably very busy. Either they'll answer later or maybe the Operation is still too small for them to bother (understandable tbh). At least the word has been spread to them and they're now aware of Starfall's existence, it's another step foward however small it may seem.

In my opinion, the moment we'll expand to social media, we'll instantly gain more credibility and outreach capabilities. Until then, we could try to find some more people to contact. I propose to look for smaller youtubers and artists, i have a feeling that they'd be more likely to answer the call. I'll try to scout Youtube later on and come back with a few more SMRPG enthusiasts to contact.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
That's ok, some of them are probably very busy. Either they'll answer later or maybe the Operation is still too small for them to bother (understandable tbh). At least the word has been spread to them and they're now aware of Starfall's existence, it's another step foward however small it may seem.

In my opinion, the moment we'll expand to social media, we'll instantly gain more credibility and outreach capabilities. Until then, we could try to find some more people to contact. I propose to look for smaller youtubers and artists, i have a feeling that they'd be more likely to answer the call. I'll try to scout Youtube later on and come back with a few more SMRPG enthusiasts to contact.
Excellent idea. While Xigger and I formulate some more structure in the Discord in the next couple of weeks (as he's unfortunately a bit unwell right now), getting smaller names would be great and would definitely expand the reach of the project, even if by smaller clusters at a time than one large swoop. Thanks so much! Do keep us posted!

Ingenious!

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2810-4113-1684
Switch FC
SW 8436 9508 1692
Well, I already introduced myself in the Geno thread but I Thought id introduce myself over here as well, but hey! Names Ingenious, or you can also call me In-GENO-us (haha funny joke), I like anything raspberry and am probably the only supporter of Candyman getting into smash .3. Anyways, id like to help in any way I can to this cause either with art (drew the candyman in the pic) or anything else! Also just want to say I'm so proud of all of you here! This would have never happened had none of us take action! So proud :)

D

Deleted member

Well, I already introduced myself in the Geno thread but I Thought id introduce myself over here as well, but hey! Names Ingenious, or you can also call me In-GENO-us (haha funny joke), I like anything raspberry and am probably the only supporter of Candyman getting into smash .3. Anyways, id like to help in any way I can to this cause either with art (drew the candyman in the pic) or anything else! Also just want to say I'm so proud of all of you here! This would have never happened had none of us take action! So proud :)
Welcome! :)

Ovaltine

Smash Master
So I drew a thing (and by drew I mean painted for about an agonizing week AUUUUGH) for Operation Starfall, all with a nice little shameless plug. Just tossing this here in hopes that y'all like it and can spread it around!

D

Deleted member

So I drew a thing (and by drew I mean painted for about an agonizing week AUUUUGH) for Operation Starfall, all with a nice little shameless plug. Just tossing this here in hopes that y'all like it and can spread it around!
Fantastic!! I especially really like the choice of colors you used.

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
Nothing's better than seeing Toadofsky, Geno, and Mallow composing music. I can see them redoing the whole Super Mario RPG soundtrack.

Fantastic artwork.

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
Nothing's better than seeing Toadofsky, Geno, and Mallow composing music. I can see them redoing the whole Super Mario RPG soundtrack.

Fantastic artwork.
Talking about redoing SMRPG Music
The artist also have a link in the description with even more orchestrated themes from games (Including the whole SMRPG Soundtrack)

Last edited:
I found a few 'smaller' youtubers for us to contact eventually. I selected the ones that clearly stated that SMRPG was their favorite game or at least one of their favorite. I also looked at their number of subscribers and verified if they were still active. I'll research for more tomorrow but here's what i have for now:

- Master0fHyrule (mostly posts Smash related content on his channel, he posted a video for SMRPG's anniversary on May 13).
- MabiVsGames (posts a lot of content on YT also active on Twitch, he streamed SMRPG about a month ago in December)
- Jerma985 (has not posted on youtube in a while, more active on Twitch, made an video about the game way back in 2013 but this part caught my attention)
- Game Soup (2 guys, started their channel 4 years ago with a SMRPG Let's Play)
Note: Game Soup also made some very interesting video analyses of Mario RPG's level design, battle mechanics and progression system, if you're interested in video games development, i recommend watching these:

Magnificent!

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I found a few 'smaller' youtubers for us to contact eventually. I selected the ones that clearly stated that SMRPG was their favorite game or at least one of their favorite. I also looked at their number of subscribers and verified if they were still active. I'll research for more tomorrow but here's what i have for now:

- Master0fHyrule (mostly posts Smash related content on his channel, he posted a video for SMRPG's anniversary on May 13).
- MabiVsGames (posts a lot of content on YT also active on Twitch, he streamed SMRPG about a month ago in December)
- Jerma985 (has not posted on youtube in a while, more active on Twitch, made an video about the game way back in 2013 but this part caught my attention)
Note: Game Soup also made some very interesting video analyses of Mario RPG's level design, battle mechanics and progression system, if you're interested in video games development, i recommend watching these:

Magnificent!
Not that I see it happening right now with how fledgling we are as a movement, but if we got Jerma from the Jerma is Mad series onboard with this operation, that'd pretty much make my year.

Not that I see it happening right now with how fledgling we are as a movement, but if we got Jerma from the Jerma is Mad series onboard with this operation, that'd pretty much make my year.
I'm not familiar with his work tbh but if his opinion hasn't changed, it is in line with ours (about Geno, Mallow etc.). There's a chance he'd be willing to help.

D

Deleted member

Geno, Mallow, Boshi, Booster, Croco, and Jonathan Jones.

SMRPG characters who all need to return

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
This is a thing of beauty. The colors give the environment a "lazy sunday afternoon" feel to it. Super well done. Keep them coming!!

Ingenious!

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2810-4113-1684
Switch FC
SW 8436 9508 1692
YOOO this is amazing, your amazing, I wish I knew how to digital art. I need more (nopressuretholikeatall) I bow to your arting skills~

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Magnificent!
Thanks for these suggestions!

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Wow, you guys have been BUSY. Some incredible work being done for Geno and SMRPG! Sorry I haven't been around much--busy IRL, unfortunately. But I just wanted to pop in and say I signed the petition a while ago, after reading about it on Nintendolife; I didn't know at the time, but I had a good feeling Ovaltine Ovaltine was responsible.;) You, ma'am, are a treasure for this community. I truly hope to see this turn into a SMRPG revival someday!

Also, thanks to @Zack E. for including me in the call-in list, so long ago. I appreciate your remembering me!:) I may not be around much, but I'm always with you guys in spirit. And if there's another SMRPG or Geno gets in Smash, you can bet I'll be here to celebrate.

Once a Geno fan, always a Geno fan!

D

Deleted member

Wow, you guys have been BUSY. Some incredible work being done for Geno and SMRPG! Sorry I haven't been around much--busy IRL, unfortunately. But I just wanted to pop in and say I signed the petition a while ago, after reading about it on Nintendolife; I didn't know at the time, but I had a good feeling Ovaltine Ovaltine was responsible.;) You, ma'am, are a treasure for this community. I truly hope to see this turn into a SMRPG revival someday!

Also, thanks to @Zack E. for including me in the call-in list, so long ago. I appreciate your remembering me!:) I may not be around much, but I'm always with you guys in spirit. And if there's another SMRPG or Geno gets in Smash, you can bet I'll be here to celebrate.

Once a Geno fan, always a Geno fan!
It's been quite a bit while you weren't on the boards, it's really nice to have you back!

You are welcome btw :)

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
It's been quite a bit while you weren't on the boards, it's really nice to have you back!

You are welcome btw :)
You guys are the best.:grin: See, this is why Geno fans are the coolest. Seriously.

I really do hope to have a great reason to get excited for Smash again--I'm nearing 100% on it, and the hype is all but dead. PP will help, and Joker...but I need a new character that I WANT to see.

Like Geno, maybe? Possibly along with a SMRPG reboot?

Crossing my fingers, y'all!

D

Deleted member

You guys are the best.:grin: See, this is why Geno fans are the coolest. Seriously.

I really do hope to have a great reason to get excited for Smash again--I'm nearing 100% on it, and the hype is all but dead. PP will help, and Joker...but I need a new character that I WANT to see.

I'm crossing my fingers too.

Joker was cool, but I'm starting to lose interest in him tbh.

I will never lose interest in Geno. I need him to be DLC.

Along with an SMRPG remake. Would. Be. Such. A. Blessing.

Gum-Gum Smash

Smash Apprentice
Been off for a bit. I signed the petition, so you've got my support :)

Yeah. Joker will help probably a bit once we see gameplay. Wasn't Dragon Quest data mined? I heard about that, but wasn't sure. A little surprising if true with everything that was said. Well either way, at least it shows that Square is still working with Nintendo on this game if anything comes from it, so that could open the door for Geno in the future hopefully

Edit: I just checked. Actually all that was data mined was the name "Brave" and some other things about the character. But people just assumed that it was Dragon Quest, so who knows I guess

Last edited:

Xigger

Smash Lord
Okay, I finished reading the last 33 pages. Seriously a lot of great content!

I updated the Project Plan with suggested Youtubers, Artists, Animators, etc.. I definitely missed a lot of artists and musicians, as I didn't do any additional research on who was a fan or is still active, but I'm fairly certain I recorded every Youtuber recommendation. One of the first skillsets we should recruit should definitely be organizer/researcher.

Keep up the great work everyone!

D

Deleted member

Been off for a bit. I signed the petition, so you've got my support :)
Yeah. Joker will help probably a bit once we see gameplay. Wasn't Dragon Quest data mined? I heard about that, but wasn't sure. A little surprising if true with everything that was said. Well either way, at least it shows that Square is still working with Nintendo on this game if anything comes from it, so that could open the door for Geno in the future hopefully

Edit: I just checked. Actually all that was data mined was the name "Brave" and some other things about the character. But people just assumed that it was Dragon Quest, so who knows I guess
Nice to have you back on the boards! :)

Xigger

Smash Lord
Will be working on the document later today, I will lay out the different paths we can take for original content. Right now the categories are:
  1. Fanart
  2. Music
  3. Animations
  4. Fangames
  5. Physical Goods
Does anyone have suggestions? I remember a lot of people were pushing for physical goods, saying it has a bigger impact compared to digital-only.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Will be working on the document later today, I will lay out the different paths we can take for original content. Right now the categories are:
  1. Fanart
  2. Music
  3. Animations
  4. Fangames
  5. Physical Goods
Does anyone have suggestions? I remember a lot of people were pushing for physical goods, saying it has a bigger impact compared to digital-only.
In terms of physical goods, it could be of all different kinds. Here are some things I could see being great, a variety of larger and smaller things:
  • Buttons / pins
  • Keychains
  • Phone charms
  • Plushies / needlefelts
  • Books (zines, story books, comics/doujin)
  • Perlers
  • Hats? Geno hats, Mallow hats that are super fluffy, Exor hats, a Boshi hat + glasses?
  • Shirts with handmade art
  • Artwork prints
  • Other stationery of some kind? Notebooks with SMRPG-related patterns? Notepads? Pencils and stuff?
There are all kinds of options there!

D

Deleted member

In terms of physical goods, it could be of all different kinds. Here are some things I could see being great, a variety of larger and smaller things:
  • Buttons / pins
  • Keychains
  • Phone charms
  • Plushies / needlefelts
  • Books (zines, story books, comics/doujin)
  • Perlers
  • Hats? Geno hats, Mallow hats that are super fluffy, Exor hats, a Boshi hat + glasses?
  • Shirts with handmade art
  • Artwork prints
  • Other stationery of some kind? Notebooks with SMRPG-related patterns? Notepads? Pencils and stuff?
There are all kinds of options there!
And Geno capes :D

Ingenious!

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2810-4113-1684
Switch FC
SW 8436 9508 1692
And Geno capes :D
>u> I could do capes! But Id need money for materials if im gonna get like 20 orders in a day or something .3. (also recommendations on fabrics?) And Also what about stickers? (im kinda suprised that isnt on the list)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

>u> I could do capes! But Id need money for materials if im gonna get like 20 orders in a day or something .3. (also recommendations on fabrics?) And Also what about stickers? (im suprised that isnt on the list)
I loved the fabric you used for the mini Geno cape you made :D

Stickers would be an awesome idea too

Ingenious!

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2810-4113-1684
Switch FC
SW 8436 9508 1692
I loved the fabric you used for the mini Geno cape you made :D

Stickers would be an awesome idea too
You think? I thought the color might be a little too cyan but if that's ok, then Id just need the money then :) Its actually pretty stretchy and warm fun fact. (also pretty soft forgot to mention)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You think? I thought the color might be a little too cyan but if that's ok, then Id just need the money then :) Its actually pretty stretchy and warm fun fact.
I like the color of the cape

Sounds like something I want to wear too :grin:

Last edited by a moderator:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You know, I want to run something by this thread that I asked in the Seven Squares thread.
You know, I wonder if Square could actually use Geno in ways that would not need the Mario world and just the character(Or at least part of the character). Like, if Sora actually did have a Geno costume like that art, would that be okay? Though, I imagine they would only do something like that as a Switch exclusive bonus or something, because that is where the audience is. Idk, it's just something I am wondering about.
Now obviously, our goal is the Mario side of things, but this is worth thinking about. Could Square do things with these character's that does not require Nintendo's involvement?

Top Bottom