• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Operation Starfall: Bringing Life to SMRPG Again

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman
Ok I have a question if our campain works do you think square will give Nintendo the right to SMRPG or do you think square will continue to keep them?

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Ok I have a question if our capain works do you think square will give Nintendo the right to SMRPG or do you think square will continue to keep them?
It could go one of four ways. Either:

1) Square is willing to sell Nintendo the rights, but Nintendo refuses, either because it isn't worth it in their eyes or because of Square wanting an exorbitant amount in exchange,
2) Square isn't willing to sell Nintendo the rights, even if Nintendo wants to buy them and finds them marketable enough,
3) Neither party wants to see that kind of deal through, or,
4) Both parties manage to negotiate something.

Basically, 25% chance, give or take other factors, that Nintendo would gain the rights. I'd peg it as a pretty low chance that Square would sell SMRPG's assets to Nintendo entirely, mostly because they'll want a slice of that pie, but gosh, do I wish they would.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Um... what is this about, exactly?
This is the base of Operations for our Operation run by Ovaltine Ovaltine titled Operation Starfall which aims to bring back Geno, Mallow & the rest of the SMRPG crew to the Mario franchise. On the first page there's more info and a petition you should sign if you're interested. the Petition itself is only apart of multiple steps of the operation btw

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
You know, there was a person who made Smash tarot art and it was pretty cool. A lot of the cards were not based off of actual tarot cards though, but the art was still great.
If we do make a SMRPG tarot, do you think we should stick strictly to the actual cards or be open to new interpretations?
If we do make a SMRPG tarot, do you think we should stick strictly to the actual cards or be open to new interpretations?[/QUOTE]

No, different!
You get the Geno Card - You must Hold Y until you see three stars.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
This is the base of Operations for our Operation run by Ovaltine Ovaltine titled Operation Starfall which aims to bring back Geno, Mallow & the rest of the SMRPG crew to the Mario franchise. On the first page there's more info and a petition you should sign if you're interested. the Petition itself is only apart of multiple steps of the operation btw
I can't believe the petition has over 1000 signatures already! :)

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I really do wish I could actually draw, then I could make even a 1/10 of the stuff I actually come up with. Been brainstorming ideas for possible scenarios for these characters(Be it character interaction or spin off related), so that got on my mind.

D

Deleted member

I really do wish I could actually draw, then I could make even a 1/10 of the stuff I actually come up with. Been brainstorming ideas for possible scenarios for these characters(Be it character interaction or spin off related), so that got on my mind.
I wish I could draw too

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Clearly I, as someone who draws far too often than she should be, should know of these little ideas in case of future drawing endeavors then.

... I'm just saying... :drflip:

D

Deleted member

Clearly I, as someone who draws far too often than she should be, should know of these little ideas in case of future drawing endeavors then.

Do you think you could draw a banana duck with Geno's color scheme

EarlTamm

Smash Hero

Okay then.
Geno reading a story book of SMRPG to a bunch of Lumas, with Rosalina either watching from a distance or is listening along with the Luma’s, sitting on the floor to be right aside her children.

Mallow riding in a kart that looks like the royal bus, lightning possibly in hand.

Queen Valentina and Dodo as tennis partners.

Geno about to pitch a baseball to Mallow, who is using the Froggie Stick as a bat.

Belome surrounded by the metal variants of characters.

The Axem Rangers playing basketball.

Frogfucius and Toadsworth having tea like in that one bit in Bowser's Inside Story.

Geno and Starlow conversing over the adventures they had with Mario.

Mallow conversing with Bowser Jr. while he is flying above in his Koopa Clown Car. Mallow is getting eye level through that separation thing he does when he casts a spell.

Waluigi rides on Boshi while Wario rides ahead on his bike.

Yoshi and Boshi competing in any variety of sport, but probably 100m.

Mallow and Geno reacting to Rabbidfied versions of them. Rabbid Mallow is extremely clumsy and Rabbid Geno, trying to emulate Geno's cool aura, is being a huge edgelord.

Valentina trying to run against Pauline in the election for mayor of New Donk City, with Valentina’s campaign being obviously shady.

Geno doing some rhythmic gymnastics for the Olympics, with a mix of standing ovation and stunned hilarity from the cast in the audience. The winter version of this would be some figure skating.

Last edited:

Super_Queijo

Smash Apprentice
Just had the idea to send an email do Gonintendo (they have a “tips” email for articles), let’s see if they gonna help our cause, an article from GN will get like 500 supporters in one day!

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041
Because it was talked about before, I wanted to share my ideas for what characters could represent certain tarot cards. Keep in mind, it's not a complete list, and there is probably characters who better fit other cards, so I am open to others ideas.
0/XXII — The Fool: Mario

I — The Magician: Mallow

II — The Priestess: Geno

III — The Empress: Princess Toadstool

IV — The Emperor: Bowser

V — The Hierophant: Frogfucius

VII — The Chariot: Boshi

XIII — Death: Culex

XVI — The Tower: Exor

XVIII — The Moon: Belome

XIX — The Sun: The Goomba family

XX — Judgement: Smithy’s Factory

XXI — The World: Star Road
I really like this assignment. If you’re good with this my friend and I could draft this and put in the thread if you guys would like. We could always change them so it’s not too much of a hassle if you all decide alter the assignment.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
So, Ovaltine Ovaltine , did you like any of my ideas? Just being a little curious, that is all.
I honestly like a lot of them, if not all of them! I can't promise that I'll draw them all, of course, as I'm a busy person and good art takes time. That being said, though, I'll keep them in mind for the future!

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I really like this assignment. If you’re good with this my friend and I could draft this and put in the thread if you guys would like. We could always change them so it’s not too much of a hassle if you all decide alter the assignment.
I am cool with it. Would love to see what you guys would make with this. The only issue is that we should probably figure out the rest of the major arcana before we do anything major.

Edit:
I honestly like a lot of them, if not all of them! I can't promise that I'll draw them all, of course, as I'm a busy person and good art takes time. That being said, though, I'll keep them in mind for the future!
Thank you and I understand. I do look forward to whatever you make next, even if it's not among anything on the list, as I have loved your art so far.

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Okay then.
Geno reading a story book of SMRPG to a bunch of Lumas, with Rosalina either watching from a distance or is listening along with the Luma’s, sitting on the floor to be right aside her children.

Mallow riding in a kart that looks like the royal bus, lightning possibly in hand.

Queen Valentina and Dodo as tennis partners.

Geno about to pitch a baseball to Mallow, who is using the Froggie Stick as a bat.

Belome surrounded by the metal variants of characters.

The Axem Rangers playing basketball.

Frogfucius and Toadsworth having tea like in that one bit in Bowser's Inside Story.

Geno and Starlow conversing over the adventures they had with Mario.

Mallow conversing with Bowser Jr. while he is flying above in his Koopa Clown Car. Mallow is getting eye level through that separation thing he does when he casts a spell.

Waluigi rides on Boshi while Wario rides ahead on his bike.

Yoshi and Boshi competing in any variety of sport, but probably 100m.

Mallow and Geno reacting to Rabbidfied versions of them. Rabbid Mallow is extremely clumsy and Rabbid Geno, trying to emulate Geno's cool aura, is being a huge edgelord.

Valentina trying to run against Pauline in the election for mayor of New Donk City, with Valentina’s campaign being obviously shady.

Geno doing some rhythmic gymnastics for the Olympics, with a mix of standing ovation and stunned hilarity from the cast in the audience. The winter version of this would be some figure skating.
Yo, these suggestions are straight fire. All of them hit the important characters in SMRPG and effortlessly merge them with current Mario games and spinoffs. My only addition would maybe be something with Smithy or Exor?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Yo, these suggestions are straight fire. All of them hit the important characters in SMRPG and effortlessly merge them with current Mario games and spinoffs. My only addition would maybe be something with Smithy or Exor?
Exor is a bit difficult for obvious reasons. Can't exactly play sports and is not much of a conversationalist. I could see Smithy being a power character in the sports games and being around modern Bowser size. Probably would go into a baseball match wielding his mallet and firing the ball rather than throwing it. I imagine he would like boxing, as being made of metal could have its advantages. He is not there to have fun, just to win and cause some pain along the way.

Edit: Also, thank you. Glad that you thought my ideas were fitting, as I wanted to be sure on that when I was brainstorming.

Last edited:

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041
I am cool with it. Would love to see what you guys would make with this. The only issue is that we should probably figure out the rest of the major arcana before we do anything major.
Yeah totally man, just let me know if I can help in the meantime. We’ll start working out some basic designs for like the card borders and font and stuff.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Yeah totally man, just let me know if I can help in the meantime. We’ll start working out some basic designs for like the card borders and font and stuff.
That sounds good. I will add one thing, the Moon could also fit with Yaridovich, but I am having trouble determining if he would be better representation then Belome.

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Exor is a bit difficult for obvious reasons. Can't exactly play sports and is not much of a conversationalist. I could see Smithy being a power character in the sports games and being around modern Bowser size. Probably would go into a baseball match wielding his mallet and firing the ball rather than throwing it. I imagine he would like boxing, as being made of metal could have its advantages. He is not there to have fun, just to win and cause some pain along the way.

Edit: Also, thank you. Glad that you thought my ideas were fitting, as I wanted to be sure on that when I was brainstorming.
I totally agree- he's definitely harder to work in because of his size. Maybe having Exor as the background element of a tennis court or golf course or something?

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
If we do the tarot card thing, i'm going to be mad as hell if Booster isn't "The Tower"...

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I totally agree- he's definitely harder to work in because of his size. Maybe having Exor as the background element of a tennis court or golf course or something?
A tennis court on top of Bowser's Castle could work. Or perhaps a stage in a Strikers sequel if we want to get more brutal with his inclusion.
Edit:
If we do the tarot card thing, i'm going to be mad as hell if Booster isn't "The Tower"...
I put in Exor as the Tower for my deck idea, mainly for symbolic reasons.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
A tiny update that could end up being huge in the near future:

I may have gotten an incredibly talented graphic novelist interested in our project, and we may have something in the works regarding that. Nothing is set in stone yet, but I'm so excited that I had to drop this little hint. ;) Stay tuned...

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627

I may have gotten an incredibly talented graphic novelist interested in our project, and we may have something in the works regarding that. Nothing is set in stone yet, but I'm so excited that I had to drop this little hint. ;) Stay tuned...
You're already incredibly talented, so this could be STELLAR!

EarlTamm

Smash Hero

Cool to hear! I assume we will not be allowed to know who this is as of now, but considering how much you love art, I think it's safe to say that this person is of great talent.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Cool to hear! I assume we will not be allowed to know who this is as of now, but considering how much you love art, I think it's safe to say that this person is of great talent.
It is actually rather public who it is if you've seen their postings on Twitter, but I'd rather not open up here anyhow, just in the chance that something doesn't work out and falls through. That being said, given they are a professional artist with their own company, they will have to go through Square Enix to be able to even get something like this done. Needless to say, this isn't something that will at all be short term. It may not even be possible. However, we are optimistic about at least trying!

Whatever the case, I feel this is still very helpful for our cause. Larger names reaching out to Square to utilize their long-forgotten properties with Nintendo will likely have them raising some eyebrows about their profitability. Even if the actual product falls through, I think this is still a win, but that's my optimism speaking for me.

D

Deleted member

It is actually rather public who it is if you've seen their postings on Twitter, but I'd rather not open up here anyhow, just in the chance that something doesn't work out and falls through. That being said, given they are a professional artist with their own company, they will have to go through Square Enix to be able to even get something like this done. Needless to say, this isn't something that will at all be short term. It may not even be possible. However, we are optimistic about at least trying!

Whatever the case, I feel this is still very helpful for our cause. Larger names reaching out to Square to utilize their long-forgotten properties with Nintendo will likely have them raising some eyebrows about their profitability. Even if the actual product falls through, I think this is still a win, but that's my optimism speaking for me.
I can't wait for this

EarlTamm

Smash Hero

Good to know. And there was that one scholastic Mario book that had SMRPG adventures and locals, so there is a chance of working things out for a graphic novel. The only problem is that the book did not include Mallow or Geno, so they might be the most difficult legal hurdle in all this. Actually, weren't you the one who informed all of us about that book..? Either way, I look forward to the possibility!

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Good to know. And there was that one scholastic Mario book that had SMRPG adventures and locals, so there is a chance of working things out for a graphic novel. The only problem is that the book did not include Mallow or Geno, so they might be the most difficult legal hurdle in all this. Actually, weren't you the one who informed all of us about that book..? Either way, I look forward to the possibility!
I actually was, yeah! I found it entirely by chance, too. It was so weird!

That being said, given Geno's and Mallow's statuses in SMRPG, I wouldn't be surprised if they were the toughest characters to buy out for any sort of use. Square probably has a very pretty penny for a base price for them...

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I actually was, yeah! I found it entirely by chance, too. It was so weird!

That being said, given Geno's and Mallow's statuses in SMRPG, I wouldn't be surprised if they were the toughest characters to buy out for any sort of use. Square probably has a very pretty penny for a base price for them...
Yeah, but you got to wonder how big that really is. I mean, it's obvious that fans still hold high value to the characters in the game, but does Square? Most of the stuff Square got from the deal has not made a new appearance in over 20 years, with the only exceptions being Mallow and Geno, and even that is finicky for Mallow depending on how Square viewed his Spirit inclusion. There is a lot of unknowns ahead, but hopefully we can get something great out of it!

Also, was looking through the twitter SMRPG tag, and found this.
Good art should be appreciated.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, but you got to wonder how big that really is. I mean, it's obvious that fans still hold high value to the characters in the game, but does Square? Most of the stuff Square got from the deal has not made a new appearance in over 20 years, with the only exceptions being Mallow and Geno, and even that is finicky for Mallow depending on how Square viewed his Spirit inclusion. There is a lot of unknowns ahead, but hopefully we can get something great out of it!

Also, was looking through the twitter SMRPG tag, and found this.
Good art should be appreciated.
The art is greatly appreciated

Top Bottom