• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Operation Starfall: Bringing Life to SMRPG Again

D

Deleted member

Well, each star is shown to represent something at the end of the game. Would that influence some things?
haha, I did not know that as I Only played through half the game so far so...er..Maybe?

Edit: Also happy 10th Page everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Ideas for Animations?
- The Smash Bros (From N64) Intro with Geno in the Toybox
- Remake of "Rawest Forest"
- Geno animation where he grants all other characters wishes
- Bowser, P.Toadstool and Mario Reunion in Rose Town (or Forest Maze) after a Shooting Stars Rain told'em to
- Bowser, P.Toadstool and Mario wishing to see Mallow and Geno again, in silence

And I don't know more
I think the confrontation between the group and Exor at the end of the game would be really cool. Like what if different people animated different portions of it in different styles? Or what if different portions of the game got a unique animation in a different style. Like one for each star. Some could be funny some could be more serious. It would be in keeping with the spirit of the game not only being action packed but also really funny. It would also set the project apart from things like Rawest Forest.

Last edited:

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
I think the confrontation between the group and Exor at the end of the game would be really cool. Like what if different people animated different portions of it in different styles? Or what if different portions of the game got a unique animation in a different style. Like one for each star. Some could be funny some could be more serious. It would be in keeping with the spirit of the game not only being action packed but also really funny.
Ah, okay.

Btw, @astralAenigma linked this to us in the Geno thread: https://twitter.com/Loopyyylupe/status/1068263518368075776?s=19

Not sure if everyone here has seen them, but if you haven't, they are really awesome :)
Animate this entire comic by different animators :o

D

Deleted member

Okay so I checked the ending... And I still think I can work with the Idea I have if you guys are fine with that, the memories or what the stars showed were all character coordinated so I could just fit the character where they belong?

D

Deleted member

Well, each star is shown to represent something at the end of the game. Would that influence some things?
They could each represent a characteristic of each of the guardians of the six stars (excluding the star you obtain at Star Hill):

Mack - the knife
Bowyer - the bow
Punchinello - James Bond, but instead punches and uses bombs to his advantage rather than guns (lol)
Yaridovich - the shape-shifting master of disguise
Axem Rangers - the video game power rangers
Smithy - the hammer-wielding geyser-headed mechanical old man

D

Deleted member

They could each represent a characteristic of each of the guardians of the six stars (excluding the star you obtain at Star Hill):

Mack - the knife
Bowyer - the bow
Punchinello - James Bond, but instead punches and uses bombs to his advantage rather than guns (lol)
Yaridovich - the shape-shifting master of disguise
Axem Rangers - the video game power rangers
Smithy - the hammer-wielding geyser-headed mechanical old man
Sounds fine by me if you guys want.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Oh man, AGDQ is a huge deal, so seeing SMRPG there is absolutely MASSIVE. Hopefully that can give people some more fondness and nostalgia for it, eventually leading them to Operation Starfall. Donations mentioning the operation even just in passing may also help, plus the money goes to a good cause. It would be so very win-win in many ways.

Also, that Rawest Forest collab? Absolutely awesome.
*Waggles finger like Bernie Sanders*

This is good. AGDQ is a big deal and it has a lot of eyes on it from literally around the world. Multiple small donations would be great because I sure as hell can't do one of those massive 5 figure donations that typically happen during the more popular games.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Just learned that I am terrible at digital art so I might not be able to do that logo sorry to disappoint, I could draw it out physically and someone could trace it digitally but why not do it all digitally at that point. again Sorry, if there's anything else at all I could do I'll help 100%

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Hey, has this plan been shared to the Ridley, K.Rool and Issac community at large yet? I think I recall something like that being discussed at some point, as all three of those community's can certainly relate to us and are already allies to an extent. I know we planned on finding their leader and talk to them at least. Now, before we send any message to one of those threads, we should probably figure out what we want say exactly, as barging into another communities thread free style for something like this can be kind of rude.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'd honestly focus on the Isaac community, especially since Nintendo more or less gave them an answer about Isaac. The Geno fanbase has more of a historical connection with them anyways and it would be easy to Quid Pro Quo given they are trying to revive Golden Sun themselves. Getting too many fanbases involved right off the bat would possibly stretch things thin and be harder to manage.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I'd honestly focus on the Isaac community, especially since Nintendo more or less gave them an answer about Isaac. The Geno fanbase has more of a historical connection with them anyways and it would be easy to Quid Pro Quo given they are trying to revive Golden Sun themselves. Getting too many fanbases involved right off the bat would possibly stretch things thin and be harder to manage.
I can see that. Growth needs to take time, forcing it is unhealthy for everyone.

D

Deleted member

Hey, has this plan been shared to the Ridley, K.Rool and Issac community at large yet? I think I recall something like that being discussed at some point, as all three of those community's can certainly relate to us and are already allies to an extent. I know we planned on finding their leader and talk to them at least. Now, before we send any message to one of those threads, we should probably figure out what we want say exactly, as barging into another communities thread free style for something like this can be kind of rude.
If we were to do that, we probably shouldn't go into the thread and say "come join this thread!"

Maybe we should bring it up in the other threads when discussing, say, our most wanted characters. I say I want Geno, then gradually leading into "hey, I like the Operation Starfall thread!" Then they could ask what it is, we explain, and welcome them if they are interested

Ovaltine

Smash Master
*Waggles finger like Bernie Sanders*

This is good. AGDQ is a big deal and it has a lot of eyes on it from literally around the world. Multiple small donations would be great because I sure as hell can't do one of those massive 5 figure donations that typically happen during the more popular games.
It sure would. I'll definitely have to set aside some money and see if I can make a decent donation during the SMRPG run myself. That is, if I'm available for it, h-haha... I'll need to check the schedule.

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
Ah someone else already posted to all the Reddit subs I was aiming for (and some). to /u/Super_queijo nicely done. :)

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Hey, everyone remember how it felt like Samus Returns happened after the AM2R fangame?

Make a Mario and Luigi style fangame with Mallow and Geno as the X and Y buttons.

Might help show the interest in the characters until you get a C&D

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Hey, everyone remember how it felt like Samus Returns happened after the AM2R fangame?

Make a Mario and Luigi style fangame with Mallow and Geno as the X and Y buttons.

Might help show the interest in the characters until you get a C&D
I don't think anyone wants to risk a C&D, but I always wanted a M&L game where they did something like that. Always thought that it should be the Wario Bros, but the SMRPG partners would be great as well. The only problem being that Mallow is not good at jumping.

D

Deleted member

I don't think anyone wants to risk a C&D, but I always wanted a M&L game where they did something like that. Always thought that it should be the Wario Bros, but the SMRPG partners would be great as well. The only problem being that Mallow is not good at jumping.
He's a cloud though.

We can make him jump

I support Operation Starfall! Just signed the petition and i plan to help any way i can. Speaking of help, i brought some friends:

Operation starfall.png

1493879487298-gif_5_delay-0.16s.gif

Count me in.png

1493879487298-gif_4_delay-0.16s.gif
Mallowtop.png

Mallow1.png

Mallow.png

Mallow2.png

1493879487298-gif_5_delay-0.16s.gif
Mallow.png

Genowhining.png

Mallow.png

Mallow3.png
;)

Kuroda Kyousuke

Smash Rookie
Hey y'all!

This absolutely has my support. I haven't read every single post on this thread yet, so I apologize if someone pointed this out, but I feel that there should be a big emphasis on getting Square-Enix's attention. If it's true that they had been very difficult with the inclusion of Cloud in Smash, and with their history of handling their IPs, I could honestly see them being the big monkey wrench that stalls this engine. It seems clear that Nintendo is at least aware of the demand for Geno in Smash and for how beloved Super Mario RPG is, but really hammering it home to Square Enix might be a good tactic that could kind of push this movement forward. I would seriously not doubt it if Nintendo had perhaps tried to reach out to use Mallow or Geno before and were met with resistance. I'm not saying that we shouldn't put energy into petitioning Nintendo, but I'm just saying that extra emphasis on Square-Enix might be a good idea.

D

Deleted member

Welcome :)

My bad btw

Hey y'all!

This absolutely has my support. I haven't read every single post on this thread yet, so I apologize if someone pointed this out, but I feel that there should be a big emphasis on getting Square-Enix's attention. If it's true that they had been very difficult with the inclusion of Cloud in Smash, and with their history of handling their IPs, I could honestly see them being the big monkey wrench that stalls this engine. It seems clear that Nintendo is at least aware of the demand for Geno in Smash and for how beloved Super Mario RPG is, but really hammering it home to Square Enix might be a good tactic that could kind of push this movement forward. I would seriously not doubt it if Nintendo had perhaps tried to reach out to use Mallow or Geno before and were met with resistance. I'm not saying that we shouldn't put energy into petitioning Nintendo, but I'm just saying that extra emphasis on Square-Enix might be a good idea.
Kuroda! Welcome!

D

Deleted member

Hey no problem at all! You did a great job, i just wanted to reference your work!
Thank you :)

Also I love the text boxes

Don't worry we're all working together to help bring back both Geno and Mallow :D

Last edited by a moderator:

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
I'm so happy that this fanbase is coming together at what couldve been one of our hardest moments to unite for something we all want to see. We all want to see Geno and Mallow and everyone else back in Mario games and I'm so excited to be part of this movement.

Anyway, how cool would it be to see Geno in Super Mario Galaxy 3? Not gonna happen but itd be hype as hell and very fitting.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
So thinking about a logo for the group...what about a simple shooting star with the SMRPG gang riding it? Or perhaps twin shooting stars with Mallows color and hair and Geno's Hat and hair? A simple logo stands out the most.
EDIT: I am a Smash Lord now! Ding!

EDIT EDIT: Whoever said it, yes, Square needs to be the main focus of this I feel.

Nintendo seems to understand their appeal what with all the recent nods to them through Twitter and various little things this last year.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So thinking about a logo for the group...what about a simple shooting star with the SMRPG gang riding it? Or perhaps twin shooting stars with Mallows color and hair and Geno's Hat and hair? A simple logo stands out the most.
EDIT: I am a Smash Lord now! Ding!
How about a mushroom decorated with the seven stars, with the words "Super Mario RPG" above it and the words "Legend of the Seven Stars" below it?

Top Bottom