• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Operation Starfall: Bringing Life to SMRPG Again

D

Deleted member

Ideas for Animations?
- The Smash Bros (From N64) Intro with Geno in the Toybox
- Remake of "Rawest Forest"
- Geno animation where he grants all other characters wishes
- Bowser, P.Toadstool and Mario Reunion in Rose Town (or Forest Maze) after a Shooting Stars Rain told'em to
- Bowser, P.Toadstool and Mario wishing to see Mallow and Geno again, in silence

And I don't know more
Exor crashing into Bowser's castle!

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Whoops, guess that didn't work.

Here, let me try this again. If you like what I did, let me know and I can try something new, though it may take me a hot minute.

EDIT: They don't seem to be working for me, let me know if they work for you guys.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Welcome! We are discussing the revival Geno, Mallow, and Super Mario RPG as a whole and spreading the word. We won't be speculating or talking about anything SE related like we were doing in the Geno thread

I know. I am just so happy that this thread is a thing

Cool beans.

On a ground level, we need Nintendo to step up it's retro game program and release a SNES service. That way everyone who wants to play Splatoon 2 or Smash online will essentially get Super Mario RPG along with it. Fertile ground for building interest.

owjies

Smash Journeyman
Ideas for Animations?
- The Smash Bros (From N64) Intro with Geno in the Toybox
- Remake of "Rawest Forest"
- Geno animation where he grants all other characters wishes
- Bowser, P.Toadstool and Mario Reunion in Rose Town (or Forest Maze) after a Shooting Stars Rain told'em to
- Bowser, P.Toadstool and Mario wishing to see Mallow and Geno again, in silence

And I don't know more
Maybe some kind of montage that highlights the many colorful parts of SMRPG's world (and the characters within) like Tadpole Pond, Forest Maze, Moleville, Yo'ster Island, Booster's Tower, Star Road, Monstro Town, The Sunken Ship, Barrel Volcano, Nimbus Land, Smithy's Factory, etc.

D

Deleted member

Cool beans.

On a ground level, we need Nintendo to step up it's retro game program and release a SNES service. That way everyone who wants to play Splatoon 2 or Smash online will essentially get Super Mario RPG along with it. Fertile ground for building interest.
Exactly. I think that, SMRPG related, we will at least get Super Mario RPG on a potential SNES online. It was on the Wii, the WiiU, and Geno is in Ultimate as a spirit, so, if there is no remake of SMRPG, I think it will at least be on a potential SNES online

Last edited by a moderator:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Question, what exactly did the previous operations we are inspired by do exactly? How did they go about their work?

Super_Queijo

Smash Apprentice
Just made the text for reddit, waiting the approval of you guys to post, english is not my main language so there might be mistakes, non english speakers also sound more formal then the ones who are, so critics are welcome!
(Beware the wall of text)

Title: Operation Starfall (Super Mario RPG revival) needs your help!

Hello fellow redditors, I’m here to pledge your support on this campaign called Operation Starfall, with the objective of reviving Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars.

Our first goal is to convince Nintendo and Square to produce a remake or sequel.

How? Have you heard about Operation Rainfall and Operation Moonfall? Those were fan enterprises that managed to get Nintendo to bring Xenoblade Chronicles, Pandora’s Tower and The Last Story to the west (Rainfall), and prompt them to make the Majora’s Mask remake (Moonfall), by making some noise and showing the company that there’s a sizeable fan demand (more info on this history on https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Rainfall).

Right now, our HQ is a Smashboards thread (https://smashboards.com/threads/operation-starfall-bringing-life-to-smrpg-again.467163/) and we have a petition in change.org (https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-operation-starfall-bring-super-mario-rpg-back-to-the-limelight). In less than 24hs we managed to get 125 supporters for the petition and we have several Smashboard users who are starting to get in action to make an animation, fanarts, getting in contact with youtubers and twitter folk to spread the word. Signing the petition is enough, but if you can help us in any way, just get to the SBoards thread and hop in on this train.

Let’s try to make a difference and show Nintendo and Square that we want Super Mario RPG’s magic back!

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Hey guys, I just found out something interesting. It's not often noted, but SMRPG has a card motif. Whenever a character does a special move, a suit would appear on them. Mario has Spades, Mallow has Clubs, Bowser has has Diamonds and Peach has Hearts. But Geno is the odd man out, as he does not have a typical card symbol, that being a star. This might be a reference to him not being of the Mario world, but this also means that the Mario world equivalent to the star symbol is likely the Joker card. Funny, considering...
Perhaps we could make some crossover art featuring our Joker's, as well as a custom card deck. If the SMRPG cast has a card theme, then it is more than fitting. I also think both of these tasks would be on the easier side in comparison to the bigger tasks talked about so far in this thread.

D

Deleted member

Started writing the letter I didn't know how to format it but I got it figured out now, I'll share it once I finish it to see if there's anything I should add or fix before I send it or before it's time to send

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Pretty great idea opening this up, this will ensure continued support for you cause even after Ultimate DLC is up. Us Golden Sun fans are doing something similar so I'd be happy to help with this. Maybe you guys can set up an official Twitter account

D

Deleted member

Pretty great idea opening this up, this will ensure continued support for you cause even after Ultimate DLC is up. Us Golden Sun fans are doing something similar so I'd be happy to help with this. Maybe you guys can set up an official Twitter account
You guys have my support as well :)

ForsakenM

Smash Lord

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Last edited:

Rikarte

Smash Ace
D

Deleted member

It's times like these when I want to say "**** you Square Enix" for an unlimited amount of time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Xigger

Smash Lord
Question, what exactly did the previous operations we are inspired by do exactly? How did they go about their work?
Didn't want this to get buried, it's a great question. Ovaltine Ovaltine we should be adding this info to the main thread.

Operation Rainfall is a huge campaign and blog dedicated to raising awareness for Japan-exclusives. There's a lot of influence.

Operation Moonfall was a direct response to a Zelda Developer asking to see love for Majora's Mask, which helped it get a 3DS rerelease. Here's an interview.

Last edited:

Potatu

Smash Apprentice

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Didn't want this to get buried, it's a great question. Ovaltine Ovaltine we should be adding this info to the main thread.

Operation Rainfall is a huge campaign and blog dedicated to raising awareness for Japan-exclusives. There's a lot of influence.

Operation Moonfall was a direct response to a Zelda Developer asking to see love for Majora's Mask, which helped it get a 3DS rerelease. Here's an interview.
Absolutely, I'll put them into the OP! I don't know why I didn't do that before. D'oy...

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
It's times like these when I want to say "**** you Square Enix" for an unlimited amount of time.
Well, I don't think that is the best sentiment to say here. Plus, I doubt they had many options for the characters after the messy divorce they had with Nintendo. They may own the characters, but they are knee deep in the Mario world.
Did Game Grumps make an LP of Super Mario RPG?
I don't think so. A Game Grumps LP would bring a lot of attention, I am just not sure what type of attention it would be.

D

Deleted member

Well, I don't think that is the best sentiment to say here. Plus, I doubt they had many options for the characters after the messy divorce they had with Nintendo. They may own the characters, but they are knee deep in the Mario world.

I don't think so. A Game Grumps LP would bring a lot of attention, I am just not sure what type of attention it would be.
Good point. I should be more positive lol.

That should be our next step. Spreading the word, so that YouTubers and gametubers get the idea to play SMRPG

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Good point. I should be more positive lol.

That should be our next step. Spreading the word, so that YouTubers and gametubers get the idea to play SMRPG
YouTubers do have a lot more power than many would think. I think we would need a lot more followers to achieve something like that though.

D

Deleted member

YouTubers do have a lot more power than many would think. I think we would need a lot more followers to achieve something like that though.
True. We start small, and work our way to achieve something greater!

slopdop

Smash Cadet
Got a couple art/animation ideas that I might write out tonight or this weekend. I also feel inspired to do a little sketching (and I'm no artist at all) so I can change my avatar to better fit this thread. I would also love to see if there are artists out there that love Geno and would love to draw stuff for us like a symbol, art piece, etc. would definitely donate to that along with any other projects for this operation.

On another note, I really like the idea of live streaming on the May date. I love speedrunning and I watch a fair amount of SMRPG Any% speedruns. SMRPG coincidentally enough is gonna be ran at Awesome Games Done Quick next week I believe Tuesday and the event gets a pretty big amount of viewers, hopefully that will also inspire people to play the game or even speedrun it. There's also a Rawest Forest Reanimated project collab on Twitter/Newgrounds that's apparently got 13 scenes left before it's finished and I believe still needs applicants for it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Got a couple art/animation ideas that I might write out tonight or this weekend. I also feel inspired to do a little sketching (and I'm no artist at all) so I can change my avatar to better fit this thread. I would also love to see if there are artists out there that love Geno and would love to draw stuff for us like a symbol, art piece, etc. would definitely donate to that along with any other projects for this operation.

On another note, I really like the idea of live streaming on the May date. I love speedrunning and I watch a fair amount of SMRPG Any% speedruns. SMRPG coincidentally enough is gonna be ran at Awesome Games Done Quick next week I believe Tuesday and the event gets a pretty big amount of viewers, hopefully that will also inspire people to play the game or even speedrun it. There's also a Rawest Forest Reanimated project collab on Twitter that's apparently got 13 scenes left before it's finished and I believe still needs applicants for it.
I'm not an amazing artist but drawing a logo or giving Ideas out for it is something i can definitely do if need be. Also there's a stream of it at AGDQ? Random Idea and it probably won't happen but if we made a logo by then we could possibly scrounge up some money and sponsor if it isn't too late? that way people would have their eyes on us as the event does pull in a decent viewership.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
When it comes to popular artists we could talk to about this revival, how about Stoic Seraphim? I know he is more known for his "Camelot Bros" art(Issac and Waluigi), but he sneaks in Geno so much that he is practically the third main character. Heck, look at this piece.
Geno is the only character besides Issac and Waluigi to be colored in.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
When it comes to popular artists we could talk to about this revival, how about Stoic Seraphim? I know he is more known for his "Camelot Bros" art(Issac and Waluigi), but he sneaks in Geno so much that he is practically the third main character. Heck, look at this piece.
Geno is the only character besides Issac and Waluigi to be colored in.
Geno is the mascot of the Super Camelot Bros comics

Ovaltine

Smash Master

On another note, I really like the idea of live streaming on the May date. I love speedrunning and I watch a fair amount of SMRPG Any% speedruns. SMRPG coincidentally enough is gonna be ran at Awesome Games Done Quick next week I believe Tuesday and the event gets a pretty big amount of viewers, hopefully that will also inspire people to play the game or even speedrun it. There's also a Rawest Forest Reanimated project collab on Twitter/Newgrounds that's apparently got 13 scenes left before it's finished and I believe still needs applicants for it.
Oh man, AGDQ is a huge deal, so seeing SMRPG there is absolutely MASSIVE. Hopefully that can give people some more fondness and nostalgia for it, eventually leading them to Operation Starfall. Donations mentioning the operation even just in passing may also help, plus the money goes to a good cause. It would be so very win-win in many ways.

Also, that Rawest Forest collab? Absolutely awesome.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So I'm thinking of the logo and I want to incorporate the seven stars into the logo and the best one I came up with was the seven stars and in each star there's a logo for a different character like for Geno there would be the Yellow Logo that's on his beanie, for Boshi it would be his Glasses etc. Good Idea or should I change it?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
So I'm thinking of the logo and I want to incorporate the seven stars into the logo and the best one I came up with was the seven stars and in each star there's a logo for a different character like for Geno there would be the Yellow Logo that's on his beanie, for Boshi it would be his Glasses etc. Good Idea or should I change it?
Well, each star is shown to represent something at the end of the game. Would that influence some things?

Top Bottom