• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Operation Starfall: Bringing Life to SMRPG Again

D

Deleted member

Like I said in the Geno thread, we should aim to make something tangible by E3 because that will be the prime time to get people's attention, especially Nintendo's. I don't know what but that's what this thread is for.
Got anything particular to do in mind?

D

Deleted member

Um.

When did Nintendo/Sakurai confirm Erdrick?
Placeholder data in the game seems to point to him, the SE general support thread has info on it.
I wouldn't say confirmed yet but it's looking extremely likely.

D

Deleted member

So, What are everybody's favorite Moment's in Super Mario RPG? Personally I think so far my favorites are Merrymore cause Booster is hilarious and Forest Maze cause it's such an Iconic location and where Geno really get's to shine.

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
I love what you did with this thread. Thank you for even taking the time to make a petition.
Because we DO need a Super Mario RPG revive, count me in please! :)

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Placeholder data in the game seems to point to him, the SE general support thread has info on it.
I wouldn't say confirmed yet but it's looking extremely likely.
...Then he’s not confirmed...? Placeholder data could honestly point to anyone...But... I’m not gonna get into that.
They didn't but that's not the point. Geno can still get in but this is trying to solidify Geno's future beyond that.
Ah. I understand now.

Super_Queijo

Smash Apprentice
If we manage to get a remake or a sequel, one of my dearest dreams will come true! Let’s get this wish to Star Hill!

D

Deleted member

Alright you ****ers lets only focus on Geno and nothing else SE related.

Lets revive him.

Lets get him into Smash.

Lets replay SMRPG or play SMRPG if you haven't already (AND I MEAN IT THIS TIME).

LETS GET THIS SHOW ON THE ROAD!!!!!!!!

Mellowy Yellow

Smash Lord
How the **** does Nintendo and Square think people are gonna react when Generic Anime Swordsman gets revealed? I can surely tell you 80% of people won't have a damn clue who the hell he is.

D

Deleted member

How the **** does Nintendo and Square think people are gonna react when Generic Anime Swordsman gets revealed? I can surely tell you 80% of people won't have a damn clue who the hell he is.
Lets please not do this now. People wanted Eddy and that isn't the point of this thread

D

Deleted member

I wonder if like a huge letter compiling what SMRPG means to us individually and asking kindly for Geno and Mallow to return would do anything? I could compile it into one big letter and try to forward it to NoA?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Alright you ****ers lets only focus on Geno and nothing else SE related.

Lets revive him.

Lets get him into Smash.

Lets replay SMRPG or play SMRPG if you haven't already (AND I MEAN IT THIS TIME).

LETS GET THIS SHOW ON THE ROAD!!!!!!!!
Yup, this is the Geno revival thread, no place for discussion about other Square stuff.

Edit: Or to be more accurate, the SMRPG revival thread.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

**Forgets me**
Ouch, and you're the one that wanted me to come to the Smashboards. I see how it is.
I mentioned people who I thought wouldn't get the notification to come here right away. I knew you would come here, so there wasn't any need to mention you! :)

slopdop

Smash Cadet
Yep, sign me up. I'm pretty agitated about the pretty much possible results and I want to get these beloved characters back in Nintendo games again.
Whether it's a new adventure pack for Mario + Rabbids starring Geno/Mallow, racers for Mario Kart 8 DLC, possessable characters in Mario Odyssey with a new Kingdom, tennis aces characters, or most importantly roles in a new Mario & Luigi or SMRPG or a fighter in Smash, something has to happen. Too long have I waited for a glorious return instead of just a tiny cameo, costumes, and stickers. I'm ready to fight till the day I die.

Last edited:

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
This is honestly just perfect timing, Ovaltine Ovaltine . I made artwork of new designs for Geno, Mallow, and Smithy if they were to reappear in a sequel or remake. NOW I plan on sharing them in this thread. :)

I had plans on not coloring them but I change my mind, I'm going to color them now so they look fantastic. :)

Last edited:

TBone06

Smash Ace
A sustainable future for SMRPG is something that needs to happen. If there is a way to make that happen I’m in.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
This is honestly just perfect timing, Ovaltine Ovaltine . I made artwork of new designs for Geno, Mallow, and Smithy if they were to appear in a sequel or remake. NOW I plan on sharing them in this thread. :)

I had plans on not coloring them but I change my mind, I'm going to color them now so they look fantastic. :)
I am sure we would love to see it. Creative pieces are always great to see. And I am pretty sure they are like fuel for stuff like this.

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
A fan game or an animation comes to my mind.
An animation pleaaase, starring Sr Pelo as Bowyer

Edit: Everyone can do little things too, me for example, I play osu! (a rhythm game for those who doesn't know it), So I guess I'm gonna map some SMRPG tracks in it.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Whatever it is it needs to be shareable and it needs to be able to show how many people have seen it. A letter from Geno fans is well and good but probably just Geno fans will care about it. The goal is to get other people to care and show Nintendo that enough people care to make it worth their time.

D

Deleted member

Whatever it is it needs to be shareable and it needs to be able to show how many people have seen it. A letter from Geno fans is well and good but probably just Geno fans will care about it. The goal is to get other people to care and show Nintendo that enough people care to make it worth their time.
Square Enix, too. I think Nintendo is aware to some extent but I feel like SE are the ones not playing ball.

Ravioko

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RaviokoTheCat
3DS FC
1263-8771-0336
Switch FC
SW-0032-6272-2452
If we're looking for something tangible that a lot of people can get in on, I think a good idea would be a collage of different drawings of Geno, from us. Mainly because everyone could contribute easily, over something like an animation that will not only surely leave a lot of people unable to help, but also has less of a chance being ready by a certain timeframe.

This is also a good way to show JUST HOW MANY people want the character: a Geno for every supporter! And probably names at the bottom, too.

Last edited:

T2by4

Smash Lord
Long time lurker, you have my full support. Will sign and do everything I can to help. Let's bring our boy back. I'm sure he wouldn't mind going racing in Mario Kart.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
An animation pleaaase, starring Sr Pelo as Bowyer

Edit: Everyone can do little things too, me for example, I play osu! (a rhythm game for those who doesn't know it), So I guess I'm gonna map some SMRPG tracks in it.
Something About Mario RPG but it's a collab where each animator involved is in charge of a different part of the game. I don't know how plausible it would be to get such a thing done by E3 but it might be worth exploring.

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
Yeah, yeah, I'm here. Got my support and all that jazz.

So uh... anyone like Geno here?

Ovaltine

Smash Master
A massive letter from Geno and SMRPG fans is definitely one way to get things out there alongside the petition, which is a more visible way of Nintendo and Square being able to see. We especially have to aim our positive outreach to Square, as they are the ones who I perceive will be particularly difficult to sway.

I am an artist, but I am by no means all that good at animation. However, if any animators need storyboarding or any other kind of creative input, I'm your gal.

I am not so sure how I would feel about a fan game, solely because of Nintendo's outlook on them. If anything, that might be a quick way to earn some ire.

Another thing I just thought of:

Guys. What if we got Sky Williams on this train? He is a very prolific Geno supporter, and with him and papagenos papagenos , I think our outreach could be just that much more immense!

Last edited:

T2by4

Smash Lord
A massive letter from Geno and SMRPG fans is definitely one way to get things out there alongside the petition, which is a more visible way of Nintendo and Square being able to see. We especially have to aim our positive outreach to Square, as they are the ones who I perceive will be particularly difficult to sway.

I am an artist, but I am by no means all that good at animation. However, if any animators need storyboarding or any other kind of creative input, I'm your gal.

I am not so sure how I would feel about a fan game, solely because of Nintendo's outlook on them. If anything, that might be a quick way to earn some ire.

Another thing I just thought of:

Guys. What if we got Sky Williams on this train? He is a very prolific Geno supporter, and with him and papagenos papagenos , I think our outreach could be just that much more immense!
Absolutely! Sky would be fantastic! Anyone that can help, whether it be influencers on social media, artists like TerminalMontage, fanart, anything that shows we're still sticking with the star child until the very end.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Absolutely! Sky would be fantastic! Anyone that can help, whether it be influencers on social media, artists like TerminalMontage, fanart, anything that shows we're still sticking with the star child until the very end.
Creativity is also highly encouraged. The amount of creativity used for the likes of K. Rool did my little Kutthroat heart so good, and it really helped to drum up more inspiration and momentum. I know I'll be making lots of Geno content this year myself!

D

Deleted member

View attachment 185492

Here's Geno again. He's hard asleep now but wants you all to know that you have his support and he'll help in whatever way he can.
He is so cute

Creativity is also highly encouraged. The amount of creativity used for the likes of K. Rool did my little Kutthroat heart so good, and it really helped to drum up more inspiration and momentum. I know I'll be making lots of Geno content this year myself!
I look forward :)

Top Bottom