• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Operation S.M.A.S.H. Begin! - EPF Agents for Smash Ultimate

smash puffle

Smash Ace

Introduction:
The EPF is a major aspect and feature from the popular yet discontinued online Flash game Club Penguin originally released in 2005. The EPF was a "secret" organization dedicated to protect the Club Penguin Island from evil forces. Players could become agents after passing a test and do small missions in-game. It's predecessor was the PSA, where the player could do special point an click type missions.
Agents could get special clothing and aesthetic gadgets to wear in game.
The EPF was one of the most popular and noteworthy aspects of Club Penguin. The EPF was so popular, it spawned 2 games based on them.

Club Penguin... In Super Smash Bros?
Yeah. Club Penguin has had a rather unfortunate history in the whole gaming landscape as of late.
Starting out as a rather fun and arguably revolutionary game for Flash games on the Web, on it's last few years it was mistreated, and often mocked online for being too childish and more often than not, it's pay-to-play principle that was implemented after the franchise got into the hands of Disney... But that is a discussion for another day.
So yeah... after the game got shut down in 2017 and was replaced with Club Penguin Island on the same year... and shut down not too long after so yeah, the future doesn't look too bright. So I'm not expecting ANY Club Penguin characters to even get a mention in Smash Bros. Ultimate which is getting its last round of DLC. Let's not also mention Club Penguin's lack of familiarity in Japan.
Let's not forget to mention that the series is owned by Disney. That could be a huge barrier for a CP character to be included in Smash. But, just like Sora from Kingdom Hearts, CP is not in the same level as Mickey Mouse in terms of popularity. After all, if Sega could put Wreck-it Ralph in their racing game, why not a CP character, heck, why not Sora as well? It wouldn't be necessarily expensive either.
Unless some miracle from God himself happens where Nintendo themselves buy a significant part of the whole Club Penguin IP and starts publishing games for the series, I'm not holding my breath.
This is more of a dream character for me honestly, so let's make another big "what if" here, shall we?

What's Club Penguin's history with Nintendo?
The Club Penguin series had 3 games released exclusively on Nintendo platforms. They've never been officially rereleased either on Nintendo's Virtual Console on Wii U or PC.
2 Nintendo DS games: Club Penguin: Elite Penguin Force (2008) and Club Penguin: EPF: Herbert's Revenge (2010) were released. They're point and click games similar to the Flash game's PSA Missions.
A Wii game: Club Penguin: Game Day! (2010) was released. It was a 4-player based party game.
All of these games could connect to the Internet to unlock special items into your Club Penguin account, back when the game and the Nintendo Wi-fi Connection were active.
As you can see, Club Penguin had a notable presence on Nintendo platforms, the first DS game sold about 3 million copies while the other games didn't sell as much, but still a respectable amount.
The player of both DS games plays as a rookie EPF Agent who does a variety of missions and ascends the ranks to become one of the best agents in the organization.
If a Club Penguin character could have a chance in Smash, it would fit in just fine because of it's silly and quirky nature, regardless of who it was. The series fits in with the other wacky series from the big N, if I'm being honest.

Why an agent out of all the Club Penguin characters?
Club Penguin has a wide cast of characters. Like 5 of them would make unique fighters to represent the series in Smash Bros. The Sensei, being the most fitting for a fight. As a series representative, maybe other mascots might represent the series better, like Rockhopper, but I don't see him as a fighter and more of an Assist Trophy.
The second closest choice for me though, are the puffles. Check the puffle thread I made to for more info.
The EPF Agents could represent Club Penguin really well, it's a semi-serious, yet fun and quirky aspect of the series thats beloved by fans, so much so that it spawned 2 DS games. They could not only represent the series and the virtual world MMO type game, but also the point and click genre.

How would they play in Smash?
Being specially trained penguins with lots of gadgets at their disposal, they could do all sorts of things. Like a grappling hook tether recovery move, a spy phone that could give the agent smash attacks like the scissor or wrench, or even teleportation, items like a jackhammer, their moveset could be quite varied.
You can also choose between a male or female agent ala Villager, with different outfits, colors and hairstyles for each.

To organize better here's what I think the specials could be:
Neutral Special: Snowbal Throw - Throws a snowball projectile that has a chance of tripping the foe.
Side Special: EPF Phone - Teleports you fowards or backwards across the stage. It has a cooldown mechanic.
Up Special: Jet-Pack - Works similarly to Diddy's Up B.
Down Special Jackhammer - Charge it and you can go further and bury opponents for longer.
Grabs: Grapple Gadget - Tether grab that reaches really far but has to charge.
Final Smash: Snow Trekker - Runs people over with it and collides with a big rock or tree and destroys it on inpact.

How can I support them?
You can tell you want to support them of course. That's enough for me. If you really want to though, you can come up with alternate colors, stage, music, etc. Support icons and other misc stuff are welcome too.
Feel free to support them if you want to. As well you're also free to not support them, I will understand.
As well I would also appreciate if you were nice and respectful... just saying. Specially after the first replies in the last CP thread... PLEASE.

Series Symbol:

Stock Icons:

Supporter List:
Supporters so far:
smash puffle (me)

Thank you for reading and have a nice day.. or night! depends where u live :)

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My favorite part of Club penguin was when they fought in 'Nam

smash puffle

Smash Ace
I know that only in my dreams I can get a Club Penguin character as DLC, but I might make a moveset pretty soon.
BTW, I made a tool-assisted speedrun (TAS) of Elite Penguin Force to celebrate the game's 10th anniversary.

I also added a stock icon in the OP.

Smashy64

Smash Rookie
I'm in support of anything Club Penguin related in smash, even if I don't particularly agree with the EPF agent as a rep.

smash puffle

Smash Ace
I'm in support of anything Club Penguin related in smash, even if I don't particularly agree with the EPF agent as a rep.
I don't know how to feel about the main avatar penguin being playable. On one hand, it would represent the core aspects of Club Penguin and it would be fun to speculate a moveset. On the the other hand, I don't think it would work so well in execution. It focuses on too many things and it would have to do so much to represent the more popular things of the game just in a single character. I think it would be a bit overwhelming compared to Villager, who is more focused and all of his moves are connected to each other in terms of the core aspects of Animal Crossing.

I prefer the EPF agents due to them being more focused on one of the most popular things about CP rather than most of them, and the fact that EPF originates from a game on a Nintendo platform. It just feels right to me a litte more.

smash puffle

Smash Ace
Made a list for Club Penguin music challenger pack thing. This one was REALLY difficult to do since CP music is so good:
musiclistclubpenguin.png

smash puffle

Smash Ace
The Bomberman mii costume was released and it lets you change its colors. That gave me a neat idea.
EkQtmMxVkAEoNWy.jpg

a Penguin from Club Penguin could work as a deluxe mii costume. All these colors are real colors you could use in CP itself, and would represent the game really well.

EDIT: I mention this in my Club Penguin for Smash video:

Last edited:
Top Bottom