• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oos options

Skeeter93

Smash Rookie
What do you think the best options are Oos when the opponent lands either behind you or out of shield grab range? I'm having trouble finding a good option other than just roll out and reset the situation, but I feel like I can be punishing characters.

For example, a situation I come across often is palutena nairing around my shield. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Wolfirre

Smash Rookie
I personally always stay in movement, sometime i try to attack to condition the openent to shield, sometime just running on the opposite direction is also a good choice mixed with turn around grab, even with grab nerfed the dash turn around grab is still a good option that can cover a good range or reset the situation with another move than just back roll

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If you have the time and space, a grounded Up B might work wonders. Or do some dash dancing, and hit them with a dash attack, or F Tilt. Or a quick N Air, or jab. Those, and maybe grab, are the options I often go for.

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
Grounded up b OoS is pretty good. SH dair if they are behind, shield grab if they are in front of you. Up smash if they are in an ambiguous angle and you can't tell which side of your shield they will land.

HoCHA

Smash Rookie
I like Dsmash as a mixup option. Obviously it's dependent on their ending lag and spacing because it's not the fastest option. but at high percentages it's a reliable kill move and at mid percents it's a good 'get off me' move

Top Bottom