• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OoS and kill moves

Blunk

Smash Rookie
I'm trying to determine the best options for Link while in shield and his kill options, to kill as soon as he can and as safely as possible. So far, I've been consistently killing around 120~130, which is too slow for competitive play. I plan on testing out these options. I'll post updates as I finish testing.

OoS options:
Grab (not always, can get ****ed if misses)
Up B (mid to high only, can be teched if DI down, seems to be best option)
Nair (can be interrupted if grabbed or hit)
Bair (can be interrupted if grabbed or hit)
U tilt? (Might be too slow)
Always mix up, never do the same thing, will be read.

Kill options:
D throw dair (be careful with this, throw whiffs and you get punished, same with dair missing)
D throw up b (same as above)
Possibly fair at high enough percent? (Second hit has higher knockback, but harder to hit)
Uair (if combo'd well enough at high percent)
D tilt into dair (have to read DI, can get caught if dair is missed)
Boomerang into dair (same problems as d tilt)

Any input is greatly appreciated

Last edited:

Hunybear

Smash Ace
I have a list of notable kill set ups in my random link stuff thread. Also link doesn't have stellar OoS options. Grab is frame 12, Up-B is 9, U-Smash is trash, aerials are alright but slow and can be CCed/ASDI down. WD OoS is still one of the best options but is slow (16 inactive frames). What OoS option you chose is highly dependent on situation and character. Theres a list somewhere of all his OoS options already with data to go along. I can link you to it. Also join the discord

Blunk

Smash Rookie
The link to the OoS post would be appreciated. As for discord, I'll try to join it, I haven't used it at all

Gいたん

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GlitchG
3DS FC
3797-5929-4063
Bomb drop out of shield is probably his fastest oos option and it's proven pretty reliable to me especially if you bomb drop>wavedash down. Learned this tech from a Link main bud of mine, Wafer. He's got a video displaying it in the spoiler below

Avoin

Smash Cadet
Bomb drop out of shield is probably his fastest oos option and it's proven pretty reliable to me especially if you bomb drop>wavedash down. Learned this tech from a Link main bud of mine, Wafer. He's got a video displaying it in the spoiler below
neat. Gonna have to try that out.

Top Bottom