• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ooples Smash Monthlies - September 14th, 2013 - San Antonio, TX

FRiSKruns

Smash Ace
Premium
7460 Callaghan Rd #410 San Antonio, TX 78229
(210) 370-3203

Time:
Saturday, July 27th, 2013
1PM-7PM
Venue Opens at Noon.

Entry Fees:

Venue Fee: $2 (Venue Fees will be waived for Players who can bring a CRT+Wii setup)
Singles Entry Fee: $5
YOLO Side Event: $1

Payouts:

Singles Pro

1st: 48%
2nd: 24%
3rd: 8%

Singles Amateurs

1st: 12%
2nd: 6%
3rd: 2%
4th/5th: Free Entry into the next Ooples Bi-Weekly Tournament.

NOTE: If the turn-out ends up being too low and the Pot is small I'll be doing the classic double elimination singles only bracket, in which the payouts will simply be 60%, 30%, 10%.

YOLO Side Event
1st: 100%

Rules:
  • 3 stocks
  • 8 Minute Time Limit
  • Items set to "Off" and "None"
  • All infinites are legal, with exception to King Dedede's standing infinites.
  • Meta Knight's Infinite Cape Glitch and Extended Cape Glitch are banned.
  • If the game goes to time and a player using Meta Knight has exceeded 35 edge grabs, he will lose the game. If both players are using Meta Knight and both player exceed the edge grab limit, then follow regular tie breaking rules.
  • 50 Ledge Grab Limit for all other characters.
  • If the game goes to time the winner is decided by stock count, and the player with the lower percent wins.
  • In the event that the game goes to time, and both players are tied in Stocks AND Percent, they will play a 1-stock 2-minute match on the same stage. Winner taking the match.
Conduct Rules
Pausing may be turned off by request and the request cannot be denied. In the event pause is on and is pressed, whether by accident or on purpose, the result will be a loss of the current stock for the perpetrating player.
BYOC (Bring your own controller)
Players who use the Wii Remote must take the batteries out of the Wii Remote when not playing. If the Wii Remote is still synced up to a Wii with the batteries in, you could unintentionally disrupt a match. If problems persist, a DQ may happen.
Intentional forfeiting, match fixing, splitting, and any other forms of bracket manipulation is not allowed and punishable by the TO.
No subbing is allowed for singles or doubles.
Coaching is allowed only between games, not during. Failure to adhere to this will lead to punishment at the TO's discretion, which could include the removal from the venue
Determining Controller Ports/Stage Strike
If there is a dispute in controller port selection or initiating Stage Strike use the following method:
Players agree to Rock-Paper-Scissors, otherwise it is determined with a coin-flip. The winning Player shall either elect to have first choice in port selection or first choice in Stage Strike. Whichever Team does not receive first choice in Port Selection will be compensated with first choice in Stage Striking.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
  1. Player Priority is determined
  2. The first game is played on a Stage selected from the Starter Stage List either by mutual consent or through the Stage Striking Method.
  3. The Player that won the previous match may announce one "Stage Ban" if they have not already done so in this set.
  4. The Player that lost the previous match announces the stage for the next match from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List. Any Stage named as a "Stage Ban" by the opposing Player may not be selected. No Stage may be used by a Player that has already won on that Stage in this set.
NO REFUNDS ONCE THE BRACKETS ARE MADE FOR AN EVENT

YOLO Side Event Rules
1-Stock
3-Minute Timer
Items Off and None
All infinites are legal, with exception to King Dedede's standing infinites.
Meta Knight's Infinite Cape Glitch and Extended Cape Glitch are banned.
- If the game goes to time and a player using Meta Knight has exceeded 15 edge grabs, he will lose the game. If both players are using Meta Knight and both player exceed the edge grab limit, then follow regular tie breaking rules.
20 Ledge Grab Limit for all other characters.

Stages:

Neutrals
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville

Counterpicks
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Yoshi's Island
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium 2
Green Greens
Rainbow Cruise
Castle Siege
Brinstar
Pokemon Stadium

NOTE: You may play any banned stage as long as both you, and your opponent agree and ask a judge! If you agree, there will be no complaints!

NOTE2: Metaknight is banned on the following stages: Brinstar, Rainbow Cruise.

[Collapse=YOLO Side Event Stages]
Neutrals
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville

Counterpicks
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Yoshi's Island
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium 2
Green Greens
Rainbow Cruise
Castle Siege
Brinstar
Pokemon Stadium
Luigi's Mansion
Pirate Ship
Norfair
Jungle Japes
Pictochat
Port Town Aero Dive
[/Collapse]

Tesh

Smash Hero
monday tournament? yolo side event?

i think your tournament just got some OoC attendance...

Tesh

Smash Hero
btw amatuer has no 4th place prize and you are giving 5th place a bigger prize than 2nd and 3rd

assuming you get less than 20 entrants the free entry is worth more than 2-6 percent of the pot

imo ur trying u pay out way too many placings for a biweekly

how are u separating pro and am, are u doing pools?

FRiSKruns

Smash Ace
Premium
btw amatuer has no 4th place prize and you are giving 5th place a bigger prize than 2nd and 3rd

assuming you get less than 20 entrants the free entry is worth more than 2-6 percent of the pot

imo ur trying u pay out way too many placings for a biweekly

how are u separating pro and am, are u doing pools?
I'm not going to be doing pro and am bracket if we get less than 32 entrants.

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
Is there any reason it's on a Monday? Weekends are usually the best because people have work :< (points to self)

Tesh

Smash Hero
can anyone give me a ride from the megabus stop? im about 99% sure no one else from houston will come to this so no carpool

if it actually does go to 11pm id need a place to crash until tuesday morning

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Because there's so many Samus, Mario, Luigi, and Donkey Kongs in SA. :applejack:

FRiSKruns

Smash Ace
Premium
I'm starting summer classes this day as well. I would try really really hard to make this, but banning DDD's standing infinite is a turn-off for me.
I didn't ban the wall infinite or the cg, just the standing infinite cg xD

Is there any reason it's on a Monday? Weekends are usually the best because people have work :< (points to self)
It happened to be the only available day on such short notice for the venue.

can anyone give me a ride from the megabus stop? im about 99% sure no one else from houston will come to this so no carpool

if it actually does go to 11pm id need a place to crash until tuesday morning
Yeah, I can get you a ride to and from the stop, and in the event that you can't catch your bus back, then you can house at my place.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
If it's short notice then don't do it

Same mistakes is what's happening in this city :/

Tesh

Smash Hero
afaik there is like 1 samus and 1 mario in houston, do you really need the infinite legal?

imo its so insignificant there is no point in arbitrarily banning it, the easy version of the infinite happens to 3 decent characters (wolf ddd and dk) and a bunch of crap ones.

hell someone in your city came up with a button mashing technique that invalidates the ones that require pummels.

FRiSKruns

Smash Ace
Premium
If it's short notice then don't do it

Same mistakes is what's happening in this city :/
I'd rather have a tourney with low attendance than a tourney with none at all. Though tbh, with all the advertising I've done and people I've talked to, I doubt we'll end up with any less than 16 entrants as is.

also, pretty much what Tesh said... xD

Only reason I even care to ban the infinite is because I'm trying to bring NEW players into the scene, so I'm trying to make it FUN for new players, not have them picking their starting mains in tourney only to have their day ruined by someone who wants to take the lame/easy way out by infiniting them. >.> I wouldn't mind if they were doing it to competitives, but that's just really discouraging to a new player.

Edit: Don't get me wrong though, I don't intend on having any more short notice tournies, it's bi-weeklies, so we'll pretty much have them all with at least 2 weeks of notice in advance.

Tesh

Smash Hero
btw im not coming, lemmie know when your next one will be and ill try to show for it

FRiSKruns

Smash Ace
Premium
Updated thread with new info for the next main event. Will also be having smashfests every Saturday from 1PM-7PM on non-tournament dates.

Tesh

Smash Hero
same day as road to whobo in dallas man wtf

i guess SA wasnt coming anyway, but i also wanted to attend this and bring vinnie

FRiSKruns

Smash Ace
Premium
same day as road to whobo in dallas man wtf

i guess SA wasnt coming anyway, but i also wanted to attend this and bring vinnie
oh was it? I can just change the date to saturday the 27th then. >.>

I'd like to encourage as much OoC attendance as possible if possible, but I'm really only changing the date for this one because that tournament was announced *first*.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
For the Smashfests? Pretty much yeah. It's a casual gathering to play smash and practice or chill with playing friendlies.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Didnt notice that, thats gotta be the only time I've seen such a liberal stagelist with such a small starter list.
almost every set starts with "Smashville?" anyway tho

Top Bottom