• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ooooooooh Banana!!! Diddy Kong Banana Set-Ups *OP Updated* *Combos Added*

Heart of Ice

Smash Cadet
Also, it kills pretty early. check out the kill percents in the guide I am making.

It should just be ten or so threads down.
While you're here can you tell me if those banana combos require the banana toss to be jump canceled?

Can't you also throw banana out of shield with c stick (set to smash) instead of using a and z?
Also is smash throwing the banana slower frame data wise? I don't think it shows on kurugone.
can you smash throw banana out of shield like this? Or can you even smash throw a banan out of shield
In order to use an OoS option you need to be shielding first. That is why the Z button is there. I need will test the c-stick method later, but I know for a fact the A button works.

EDIT: OP updated again! One new banana AT added and I elaborated more on some of the descriptions. I also fixed a few typos and changed some of the text colors to fit the format!!!

Last edited:

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
While you're here can you tell me if those banana combos require the banana toss to be jump canceled?

In order to use an OoS option you need to be shielding first. That is why the Z button is there. I need will test the c-stick method later, but I know for a fact the A button works.
In my experience, there is no reason not to JC Banana. Not only does it let you slide, you can also throw in 4 directions while running.

and yes.

Pop_123

Smash Rookie
NNID
D-Lighted
Posted this in Diddy social but haven't received a definitive answer yet.

I was messing around with banana movements earlier, when I began to dash away then immediately c-sticked (set to smash) in the direction I was initially facing. The result was a slide backwards whilst throwing the banana, reminiscent of a grounded wavebounce. Is this the pivot GCBT or something different? There was no jump cancel at all, it was simply dash startup away, then instant c stick in opposing direction. It's really handy, and helped me against a mario main I play a lot because it's a mix up that stops me getting tripped if the banana is caped.
Are you talking about a u turn banana toss? I know you can run turn around banana toss of that's what yu are talking about.

PlayNuff

Smash Rookie
NNID
TempeteForte
3DS FC
5215-0749-8924
I think that's the thing Roy want to say, if not, I think that what I discover can be cool :

PlayNuff

Smash Rookie
NNID
TempeteForte
3DS FC
5215-0749-8924
You need to do a turnaround bdown, you need to input left/right and then you bdown, you need to be really fast but it's easy when you know how to do it (sorry if I don't speak english very well i'm french)

Aquamentii

Smash Apprentice
Unless I missed it, I haven't seen any mention of JC banana toss into a perfect pivot down smash. It IS a true combo if executed fast enough, and does only 3 or 4(I forget)% more but can kill a lot earlier

Sonicninja115

Unless I missed it, I haven't seen any mention of JC banana toss into a perfect pivot down smash. It IS a true combo if executed fast enough, and does only 3 or 4(I forget)% more but can kill a lot earlier
Earlier then Fsmash?

Aquamentii

Smash Apprentice
Earlier then Fsmash?
No, 4% later. Maybe it's just me, I find PP down smash a lot easier than PP Fsmash

I guess the important part is that the PP allows you to heavily punish from further away, with more than just a grab

Last edited:

Sonicninja115

No, 4% later. Maybe it's just me, I find PP down smash a lot easier than PP Fsmash

I guess the important part is that the PP allows you to heavily punish from further away, with more than just a grab
The thing with JCIT Banana is that it lets Diddy slide, so you can actually confirm Banana-Dtilt-Fsmash. Also, Supercrawl Dtilt-Fsmash true combos.

I get your point though. It is a good option for multiple reasons, especially since the DI is different for those 2 smashes. My advice is use them depending on where you are and predict what option they expect.

Top Bottom