• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ontario Power Rankings

Sanu

Smash Champion
You're probably right. I haven't called home in months :)

:phone:

Engo

Smash Ace
watta homie

edit: I guess I might as well take this time to say that I don't think Sauc3 Should be in the PR instead of Tom. I know you guys think he has more game knowledge and understanding /stronger fundementals and he probably does. He was likely better than Tom or Austin when he played regularly but now he doesn't really seem to care for the game and only shows up once in a while every 4 months or less. I think kurtis himself would probably agree.

Meanwhile Tom is active, places top 10 often, and has beaten Sauc3 . The PR should be relevant to what's actually happening in the scene don't you think?

I also think Austin is a strong candidate for PR.

HammerTime

Smash Journeyman
I honestly don't even care if I'm on the PR or not, especially considering I can't even beat any peach in our region and have gotten knocked out of brackets every time by one of them.

But if Austin isn't on the PR then something's screwed lol

Engo

Smash Ace
Aren't you gonna at least say why? Why shouldn't the PR reflect actual tournament results? If it's based on what the high level players think and not results then at least put that in the OP so people know what the real basis for the rankings are.

idea

Smash Master
Kurtis is prity gud but yeah, he doesn't come out much...then again, the following people also deserve a spot on the PR and only come occasionally: Bernard, Imadh, Josh, James.

so if you take off Kurtis you should probably take them off too, and that'd be drastically altering the PR...

Engo

Smash Ace
The difference in skill level between Bernard and Imadh and those players is quite significant and keeping them on the list is much more reasonable. Keeping them off the PR would be ridiculous because of how much better they are than those under them. Not to mention that Imadh still plays and cares about the game(and Bernard seems to be getting back into it... I think) while Sauc3 doesn't have the attendance nor results back it up. He just kinda comes for fun and hang out.

I don't have some personal self interested goal to take Sauc3 off the pr I was just expressing my opinions on why I thought, based on results, that someone else deserve the spot. And of course it's all under the assumption that results really are contributing towards the pr. If that's not the case then perhaps it should be made known in the op because some people may be thinking, like I was, that the PR came mainly from the tourney results.

Just sayin'

sauc3

Smash Lord
So apparently people have been talking about me so here's what I think.

For the love of god take me off the PR.

that is all

EDIT:

dam I didn't actually read what engo wrote. That is some serious hate lol.
I really didn't know that was how the new generation of the community perceived me, and I have enough pride left to not let that stand.
idc about the PR, but i spent a good 3 years playing melee in the GTA, so I plan on ending on a good note,
i'll see you all at the next tourney.

Riddlebox

Smash Journeyman
Like...if you guys are going strong and people are super interested, I don't see why you shouldn't take Kurtis off and (unmentioned but sorta implied) me as well. Just like...people were on before and we started coming again and won some matches like...those were the results. The rankings are indeed outdated, but that's probably just an issue of him getting around to it, (since its like every 2 monthlies or w/e) so you can relax about the whole top players belief thing bernal, they are acknowledging your improvements like...lol are you watching the VoDs? Austin should def be on and Tom has gotten a lot better so yeah do it up. Not gonna break my heart at all or anything and I'm positive Kurt's heart is gonna be pretty good too lol.

TL:DR : **** you guys <3

Engo

Smash Ace
I hope you guys don't think any of this was personal and I definitely was not implying that other players like James should be removed from the PR as well. I think you guys are taking a lot more out of this than what I was really trying to say. All I was saying was player X should have the pr spot instead of player Y because the results show Z. Just an argument and nothing to do with my opinion of anyone or anything like that. It could have been anyone else and I would've brought it up just the same.

Reading it again maybe I understand why people might think I was insulting or disrespecting but please be assured that it was not intended. I might have gotten carried away a bit mainly because of Mike dismissing what I said without explaining anything...

Engo

Smash Ace
Yeah after I made the post lol(not that I agreed with your explanation anyway but whatever) and the second one was in response to what kyle was saying.

But yeah once again no disrespect was intended.

Windrose

Smash Lord
So apparently people have been talking about me so here's what I think.

For the love of god take me off the PR.

that is all

EDIT:

dam I didn't actually read what engo wrote. That is some serious hate lol.
I really didn't know that was how the new generation of the community perceived me, and I have enough pride left to not let that stand.
idc about the PR, but i spent a good 3 years playing melee in the GTA, so I plan on ending on a good note,
i'll see you all at the next tourney.

alright man. lets train for impulse 2013.

Top Bottom