• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Online-Only Challenges

Akatsuk1

Smash Rookie
Am I the only one kinda peeved off that they made a whole set of challenges that can ONLY be completed online? This wouldn't have been too much of an issue if you didn't need to actually pay for online, but you do. I'm not entirely sure what the rewards are for completing these challenges, but i still find it dumb that they are essentially behind a paywall. My internet is very bad and i'd probably DC every match so I'm not too keen on having to buy online, but if i wanna 100% it I guess i'm going to have too. At least the hammers can get rid of like 70% of the Online challenges.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Am I the only one kinda peeved off that they made a whole set of challenges that can ONLY be completed online? This wouldn't have been too much of an issue if you didn't need to actually pay for online, but you do. I'm not entirely sure what the rewards are for completing these challenges, but i still find it dumb that they are essentially behind a paywall. My internet is very bad and i'd probably DC every match so I'm not too keen on having to buy online, but if i wanna 100% it I guess i'm going to have too. At least the hammers can get rid of like 70% of the Online challenges.
Oh yeah.

I never play games online, so this current circlejerk every company has to put everything as mandatory online multiplayer is more than a little annoying. There are very few games I can 100% the achievements on because of it. And of course, this 'we need to be connected!' ends up biting my favorite company in the *** to boot. They even admitted that they announced Elder Scrolls 6 so early so we didn't think they were going only online...guess Beth needs some good news to cover up for Fallout 76 now.

It does make sense to have an online mode, but I hate things being locked away for those of us who don't go online. People already complain enough when others go online with bad connections, but the games are locking stuff away forcing you to do that.

At least, based on the Wiki, there's nothing important hiding in those cells...

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
Yeah I can see it being annoying. I'm not a fan of being online for smash. With good connection it still isn't 1:1 and it always throws me off.

While I don't plan on completing challenges (maybe sometime in the future) I'm still not going to use any hammers unless I do want to complete them.

Lord_Ghirahim

Smash Cadet
Nintendo offer a family membership for online that covers 8 accounts. Speak with people you know that own a Switch, chances are one of them got a family membership and has slots available that you could use.

Top Bottom