• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Online is a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkmain-maybe

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1042-6735-2236
I know this is very well known, but its true. Many players who are absolutely TERRIBLE can win because characters like Samus and ZSS are better. However, this is because the other characters just get worse. Projectiles get better as well, and things like charged shot and fire arrow have a larger range where you cannot react to them. But lets say you read fully charged charged shot and shield it. Well, prepare to get your shield broken or get grabbed, since it is positive on shield. Fire arrow on the other hand, casually controls half of the ground uncharged and confirms from insane distances. It’s nigh unpunishable on shield and whiffing it doesnt matter since its so safe. This is the case for most projectiles online, which is terrible for competitive smash, and for fun. Even worse, most characters don’t even have an option to work around projectiles. Ganon can easily be implemented with a reflector, but he doesnt and suffers greatly. I have said it once and I will say it again.

Online only benefits campers, and hurts everybody else.

MasterCheef

Smash Ace
Many players who are absolutely TERRIBLE can win because characters like Samus and ZSS are better.
I agree with most of your above points, just not this one. the above is waay too much of an exageration.

Also i would significantly point out online hugely benefits Ness, Sonic and Sephiroth. Maybe Min-Min?

Offline feels soo much better it is like night and day.

Linkmain-maybe

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1042-6735-2236
I agree with most of your above points, just not this one. the above is waay too much of an exageration.

Also i would significantly point out online hugely benefits Ness, Sonic and Sephiroth. Maybe Min-Min?

Offline feels soo much better it is like night and day.
online does not benefit Sephiroth. It makes it harder to properly space his moves, which is a huge disadvantage. Other than that, I agree with what you said.

MasterCheef

Smash Ace
online does not benefit Sephiroth. It makes it harder to properly space his moves, which is a huge disadvantage. Other than that, I agree with what you said.
you were assuming i was referencing a 1v1 which i was not.

Also online sucks because you cannot exclude undesirable items if you like to play with items or undesirable stages

Linkmain-maybe

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1042-6735-2236
you were assuming i was referencing a 1v1 which i was not.

Also online sucks because you cannot exclude undesirable items if you like to play with items or undesirable stages
Oh, casual play Sephiroth is amazing online 100%. You can exclude undesirable items in preferred rules but its a 50/50 with the rules chosen. As for stages, playing casual always sucks when you get shudders great cave offensive.

MasterCheef

Smash Ace
Oh, casual play Sephiroth is amazing online 100%. You can exclude undesirable items in preferred rules but its a 50/50 with the rules chosen. As for stages, playing casual always sucks when you get shudders great cave offensive.
Huh my 5 most hated stages are generally

Hanenbow
Jungle Japes
Great Bay
Mushroom Kingdom II
Balloon Fight Stage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom