• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Online impossible?

i_am_seed

Smash Rookie
NNID
i.am.seed
3DS FC
1220-6674-0064
Is it my imagination, or is shulk infinitely harder to play online due to the insane amounts of latency? As a sm4sh shulk main, I'm doing better with characters I've never touched before.

"Bn"

Smash Cadet
Isle of Wight. It's in England by the way......
Absolutely! Any sort of lag in sm4sh could lead me to select the wrong art, I find it worse in ultimate, along with the silly buffering in this game causes a lot of unwanted moves. Sometimes I can't turnaround without dashing, sometimes I get the shorthop macro (I bleeding hate this mechanic) because of some sort of stutter. I have a LAN setup and sm4sh worked fine barring my opponents bad connection. Bad latency has always been his foe but it's far worse in a quicker game where your reaction time needs to be on point.

Top Bottom