• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Active Player Thread: Ones who does not have Triforce can't go in

I am sort of confused on why that is the case. I look to the melee boards from time to time and see rather insightful contemplation about how one could get better with said character. Ideally I would think all character boards would be more like that. You gather a nice little mixture of skill sets and knowledge base and try to cram it altogether. However, in reality it comes down more to your own individual experience rather than this nice little network of information sharing.

How to execute X tech is the biggest discussion. Yet, very little is given to better decision making. As an example, "In this situation, is it better to do X which gives this result or do Y which gives me different conclusion". Which is better?
^I think everyone would benefit more from that.

Also, I guess many people just don't like being internet social.

The wya I see it is, if no matter how much effort you put into your awful character, you're going to have a hopeless MU against people who put as much or less time as you in a character like MK. If you're gonna lose the game at character select, why even put time into getting better at the character, it's just gonna make the loss more frustrating

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
A lots been going on in my life. Just had a baby. Just got married. Oh and I just played some melee too. Man..,. samus was a beast in that game. I really miss brawl though shiek was so fun to use.

Tutu you are making me so sad. If you are losing in character select you should be playing at all... honestly. Anyone will tell you so much of this game is mindset. if you go in assuming you'll lose it doesn't matter what character you pick.

Any way guys much love and much thanks for all the good times. See you guys around I'm sure.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
I am at that weird point in my life that almost everyone is either getting hitched or has a kid on the way. W/e happened to N64 after school and eating junk food like fruit roll ups and drinking koolaid? Oh wait..... That was 15 years ago.... that's what happened.

Oh, and congrats to everyone (sup less) who has had kids recently, has them on the way, who has gotten married recently or who has graduated college.

ps Sheik for.... ah screw it. Tiers are old and so are Brawl tournies. Just watch, in ssb4 Sheiks new down smash will be bend over and her up B will be beg.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
sup guys

yall still playing this game? hehe

i saw a thread of getting amazing results, 1st place. nice man

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
What in the world do they say lol?

Also, lemme know if you (anyone for that matter) needs any tips for Zelds in dubs. Or general Sheik advice. Been really free time wise so willing to help out.

so i was messing around with vanish again, did anyone else know that you can vanish from the ground to a hight thats lower than the BF platform? That's by far the mos lagless option and probably makes vanish the most baller shield pressure we have. Assuming they don't roll in of course.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Okie dokie I think I get it. Is it to make it seem like we'll land on the platform or just for AC purposes?

Also, I don't play wifi because of its silliness. I just can't do wifi lol.

saviorslegacy

I am curious to see if Sheik gets buffed or nerfed in the new game. Ima say that the ftilt lock is going away... so that's bad news. The chain might get a buff though. I doubt we will get any new killing moves. So we are probably stuck with USmash.... yaaaaaay.....
Hopefully there will be a new mechanic that we will be able to abuse. I highly doubt it though. I bet we're gonna be mid tier or lower.....
On the upside.... I bet MK wont be as broken. All I want though, is needles to be broken as **** again. Is that to much to ask!? I WANT A GROUND CANCEL SO THAT NEEDLES= UBER COMBO INTO EVERYTHING!!!! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!! OH WHAT'S THAT!? YOU WANT TO GRAB THE LEDGE DO YA!??!?!?! NEEEEEEEDLE!
^^^^^^^ that's all I want.....

saviorslegacy

I'm actually considering going to IMDB 10 next month seeing as how I'm back in the midwest with a lot of free time. Time to kick this forum in the nuts!
All and all though, I plan on getting my ass handed to me on a silver platter.........

saviorslegacy

lol, I don't live in Ohio anymore.

Well if you change your mind the offer still stands. I can seat 5 including myself with storage room in the back left over.

Top Bottom