• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

One thing is for certain, Mewtwo’s visual flair was buffed!

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
I'm kinda mixed on the change to Mewtwo's idle pose. On one hand, its much closer to Mewtwo's sprites in the Pokemon series and better represents his play style in Smash. On the other hand, his old idle pose better reflected his personality from the anime and demonstrated the sheer power that Mewtwo holds as a character in his home series.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Shame about the Confusion nerf, it will certainly affect his aerial options, and just when I was learning to properly B reverse it. Does he still has the same amazing running speed he had towards the end of Smash 4?

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Shame about the Confusion nerf, it will certainly affect his aerial options, and just when I was learning to properly B reverse it. Does he still has the same amazing running speed he had towards the end of Smash 4?
Other than that Confusion thing (but it also seems to be able to grab from much further) and other animation tweaks, Mewtwo seems largely unchanged from 4. Directional airdodges combined with his invisibility could make it harder to tell where he's planning to go, and I think I noticed his nair having fewer hits.

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
While I'm unsure about total hits, nair definitely has shorter duration. I don't think shield > sh > nair will allow us to land before nair finishes anymore. Drag down still exists, but the timing is harder since you have so little time to adjust for the opponents position now.

He has some differences here and there but nothing that leaves me largely worried at the moment. I'm just upset that of all the Mewtwo footage we have there is only ONE use of U-throw and it's on Snake at ~150%, showing us largely nothing on it.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Other than that Confusion thing (but it also seems to be able to grab from much further) and other animation tweaks, Mewtwo seems largely unchanged from 4. Directional airdodges combined with his invisibility could make it harder to tell where he's planning to go, and I think I noticed his nair having fewer hits.
That is reassuring.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
He has more flair. Yes. Did I want a little more? Yes... but it was improved dramatically, to make him feel more powerful.
It was the biggest request I had of him!

I wish Mewtwo's moves received some visual buffs. I don't mind the attacks except they *all* look immensely weak. I want to see him move the air. I want swirls and storms.
Even for disable.

Nobody got a chance to play the demo in Nintendo world in NY? Today was the last day.
You almost made me cry when you said this. It makes me miss living in NY and the release of Brawl, so intensely...

Last edited:
Top Bottom