• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

One last chance!

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
1 of 160 one-of-a-kind shirts supporting the reigning champ of melee coming out of retirement for one last go at the largest tournament of all time? Yes. Reserved.

I'm so hyped about this. Without Armada, EVO was going to be an empty victory. It just wouldn't be right at all without the champ. Now the best in the world will all be there, and it's the champ's last go. With Armada, this really will be the climax of SSBM's storied tournament history. The title of the world's best is truly up for grabs... as a spectator I couldn't be more excited to see how this plays out. All will not be as we expect.

People are complaining so much that he not be fickle and come back out of retirement like this, but this is such a unique opportunity, and this time we get to watch him knowing that this is indeed the end. He's also doing it out of love for his brother. I really don't understand the hate. People need to understand he's not even un-retiring. Things have changed though, and he makes a lot of people happy by doing this (both his bro and people like me). I wish people would stop the criticism already. Mango and HBox in particular seemed a bit too upset about the possibility of running into Armada early in the bracket... just plan on winning and stop complaining.

Thanks so much for coming Armada. As a fan of the game, and a fan of all the great players, this really means a lot to me. I can't wait for EVO now. You had better practice hard.

emuemuman

Smash Rookie
Hope that the number is reached. Got me a hoody, that turnip ship is irresistable. I find myself wishing that the peach decal would be on the back of that hoody, but acknowledge its unlikely. Still, I can dream :)

Ballin

Smash Apprentice
I know the shirt is a fundraiser, but I'd still like to know what quality cloth the shirt/hoodie would be.

Shawn101589

Smash Journeyman
Since the shirts will not be printed until after the campaign and they are delivered to the address specified, I'm pretty sure the shirts won't arrive until after Evo.

I'm sure he wouldn't have a problem signing the Melee at Evo shirt though ;)

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
Go get a job you ******. Didn't you quit anyways? It's appalling that people would actually donate to this **** but then again its the smash community where idiocy and gullibility are the norm.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Brightside why didn't you go full twitter warrior and blast Fchamp for setting up ray ray and moons donation funds if you're so critical of this?

Armada has a job but also has ~8-10 siblings. Also if you had read, you would've known that Armada is mostly doing this to bring his brother over, and is competing for the community's sake. If it makes you feel better, 2600 is pretty much the Smash community's salt fund for Armada lol.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
His palms are sweaty, PAL johns and hat are ready
He's out of retirement already, mom's spaghetti
He's nervous, but on the surface he looks calm and ready to throw bombs,
But he keeps on forgetting what he wrote down (about retiring),
The whole crowd goes so loud
He opens his mouth, controller johns won't come out
He's choking now, everybody's joking now
The clock's run out, Puff's in losers, wow!
This is amzing
someone go get NEO loll

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
I'm critical of all this whether it be the FGC or Smash. I'm critical of both community's in general for supporting this kind of garbage in the first place.

iRobinhoood

Smash Lord
I'm critical of all this whether it be the FGC or Smash. I'm critical of both community's in general for supporting this kind of garbage in the first place.

Fund smashers to big events and no one bats an eye, send a retired smasher and his brother and everyone loses their minds.

Youngling

Smash Journeyman
i have an idea. why dont you take off the 160 shirt cap, and have all the extra money go into a bonus pot for evo?

Shawn101589

Smash Journeyman
i have an idea. why dont you take off the 160 shirt cap, and have all the extra money go into a bonus pot for evo?
It's not a cap, it's a production goal. You can still buy shirts once the goal is reached! And on top of that, we do plan to donate the extra money to the Evo prize pool!

eternisedDragon

Smash Cadet
Definitely going to acquire one of those, but I need shipping to Germany.

I would pay an extra 10 bucks for signing.

#ArmadaHype

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Im going to be doing shirt matches at my local this sunday, loser has to buy the winner an armada shirt

Captain Jenny

Smash Cadet
kk cool. Seems like the shirt thing works out pretty well. btw will you be in Berlin again any time soon, jumpman? (we played each other in Melee-Sideevent-Bracket at Berlin is Brawling I guess in 2011)

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
kk cool. Seems like the shirt thing works out pretty well. btw will you be in Berlin again any time soon, jumpman? (we played each other in Melee-Sideevent-Bracket at Berlin is Brawling I guess in 2011)
I remember haha, long time ago. I will be in South Korea for 4 months from September, but after that I guess I´ll pick up Smash 4 and give everyone a visit again. You coming to holland anytime soon?

Captain Jenny

Smash Cadet
I kinda found my fire again & am ready to invest more time into Melee now, so I think visiting Holland sometime (for a great tournament or something) is possible. :)

That Armada interview is pretty nice. I think he could pull off a top position / first place at EVO. Some of the top players might consider practicing the peach matchup with falcon. :D

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I don't think anybody cares about a random obnoxious European hmw wannabe commentator coming here tbh
I don't think you are contributing to anything first off. 2nd, I think you are the random one here. Shut your mouth scrub for make way for the legendary Mikehaggar.

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
To be fair, Mango has been taking advantage of the community for like 4 years. Proactively. And they love it. If Armada came out and said he was coming back as a Young Link main because he was bored with how much everyone sucked, the community would probably give him enough for not only him and Android but fund the rest of his family at an all inclusive resort in Orlando following EVO with transportation accommodations included.

They like doing this.
You say that like I haven't called Mango out on it ;)

Tarv

Smash Journeyman
I could see Novi doing a 60 minutes style Melee show. Having smashers talk about their deep feelings and having really intimate lengthy interviews with awkward lighting and a really calm yet mentally nerve wracking atmosphere for their guest.

I wouldn't really mind seeing something like this actually. More personal, down to earth interviews with players. The post game 5 minute sound byte interviews dont really amount to much unfortunately. Be nice to see more planned interviews that really let the interviewee express themselves on an intellectual manner.

Also, sorry about kind of derailing the thread. Hope Armada and Android reach the goal. Good luck!

V-K

Smash Ace
Oh ****, I thought Mango had this in the bag but now that the true Melee champion returns one last time, I wouldn't be so sure about that...

Shawn101589

Smash Journeyman
Just as an update, we are currently at 75 sales. That's pretty insane considering it's only been 24 hours. Keep it up people :)

Also currently wondering if any video editors would be willing to make a quick little video for the shirt to share on some youtube channels (MeleeAtlNorth, Waffles, etc)

Top Bottom