• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

One last chance!

strawhats

Smash Master
someone get Isai, capt. jack, silent specte, amsah and bombsoldier into EVO too
Jeff(SS) is going from what i've heard. as for everyone else on your list yeah...i wish. I definitely miss amsah. It was honor being at the same tournament as Captain Jack and Isai at Apex 2012.

Armada

Smash Lord
LMAOOOOOO well well well what do we have here

Im personally offended just because i flew to sweden with some of my own money and u didnt enter and now ur gonna get a free *** trip and make a bunch of money

i also think its pretty silly that you want the community to donate for ur brother .. You is somewhat understandable .. but ANDROID??? ( who i like ) is pretty silly if you ask me

but if you do come ( which u prob will cause our community is mad nice ) cant wait to play
Well I was "personally offended" that you did not attend when you knew I was coming and you had not said anything beforehand. It would be like me telling you after you had booked tickets and then not playing (okay worse since our scene is smaller etc but still).

Im doing this ONLY because of Android. Yes he is not right now one of the very best but I have faith in my brother and I know he can get there one day. This is once in a lifetime opportunity for him and if I can maybe be a small reason of getting him there with help of a lot of super awesome people then okay. Then I will do it because I care about him.

If people disagree and think it is wrong then okay then they should not donate and I don't want those people to donate. Just because the fund is up people are not forced to pay.

I would not enter EVO for any other person or reason then this and that's the reason I accept it. I would probably regret not taking this chance and know for the rest of my life that I did not even tried to give Android something he truley wants.

For you/other great top players. Take your chance that you wanted that badly.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
regardless i think its silly for our community to donate to a not top player to come and its not like its 300 - 400 bucks.. 1300 is a lot for someone to place 39th just because hes ur brother..

thats a super abusive of power

like lucky said we could use the money to fund CRTS and other stuff so that the tourney itself doesnt suck

AceDudeyeah

Smash Ace
I'm not sure how successful this will be with the lack of a progress bar showing how much has been raised already.

Osennecho

Smash Ace
If Armada will do exhibition sets vs a ton of the other top players there especially top 4 assuming they don't meet in tournament I'm pretty sure our community can handle this without a problem. Plus there needs to be something showing how much has been donated already.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
People never seem to grasp the idea that these funds are voluntary. Pay, don't pay, whatever, but I don't frankly care about the moral reasoning behind your decision.

Heero Yuy

#sweg
I just want an exhibition set between Armada and Ken... The veteran King of Smash versus the greatest player of our time. Armada's beaten every king, but only one last king remains.

Edit: Armada's being really cool by giving his brother a lot of faith. He's not only a superb Melee player, but also a great big bro to Android. We may be paying for two people, but nonetheless we see Armada in action again.

Sedda

Smash Champion
If you want a fund for CRT's, maybe you should start one and people WILL donate.

The least viewed thread on that EVO section is the one for set ups, so it's not cool to point out how we could use any amount of money in any other way when literally none of you are even paying attention to that, which is pretty sad in the first place.

If people want to donate for Armada and his brother to come over, then great. I'm excited about this because I feel like Armada is the only one we're donating money to that could significantly change the outcome of this tournament.

AceDudeyeah

Smash Ace
Aniolas, Armada, y'all should have a kickstarter or similar fund on the first page so people can see just how much progress still has to be raised.

Osennecho

Smash Ace
I'm still hoping Armada says he would do an exhibition set vs a ton of the top players especially Mango, M2K, PP, and Hbox if he doesn't play them in tournament. I also don't think the amount will be put together in the like couple days left otherwise but I hope it is regardless.

Also someone please stop him this time. Don't let him officially retire by winning EVO.
Lastly #Ken's Hype is going to be stolen by Armada.

Michael Jordan

Smash Rookie
Well I was "personally offended" that you did not attend when you knew I was coming and you had not said anything beforehand. It would be like me telling you after you had booked tickets and then not playing (okay worse since our scene is smaller etc but still).

Im doing this ONLY because of Android. Yes he is not right now one of the very best but I have faith in my brother and I know he can get there one day. This is once in a lifetime opportunity for him and if I can maybe be a small reason of getting him there with help of a lot of super awesome people then okay. Then I will do it because I care about him.

If people disagree and think it is wrong then okay then they should not donate and I don't want those people to donate. Just because the fund is up people are not forced to pay.

I would not enter EVO for any other person or reason then this and that's the reason I accept it. I would probably regret not taking this chance and know for the rest of my life that I did not even tried to give Android something he truley wants.

For you/other great top players. Take your chance that you wanted that badly.

This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for Android to get 55th place in another country at the expense of exporting USD to sweden.

Otherwise just fly him out on swedish krona SEK so he can get 55th place at your expense.

Miharu

Smash Hero
I just want an exhibition set between Armada and Ken... The veteran King of Smash versus the greatest player of our time. Armada's beaten every king, but only one last king remains.

Edit: Armada's being really cool by giving his brother a lot of faith. He's not only a superb Melee player, but also a great big bro to Android. We may be paying for two people, but nonetheless we see Armada in action again.
the hells the fun in that

armada is going to obliterate him

iRobinhoood

Smash Lord
If this happens, someone follow Armada around the entire weekend with a recording setup. He is not allowed to play anyone unless its being recorded.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I don't expect this to work out. Actually in a way it feels bad to even have a thread like this. But yeah if some people feel like they wanna do this then okay I can accept the thread here if some people still feel for donateing when they know the situation. I will start to practice soon though in case it works out cause the least thing I can do if it works out is to come there and be in shape.

I get where you're coming from. If people have the money and want to then yup.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
I kind of hope we get Mango vs Armada round 1 Winners'. THINK OF ALL THE FOOTAGE IN LOSERS'!

Unless it's vs Mew2King in round 1 Losers'. :awesome:

Trypt

Smash Cadet
I think the oddest part of this whole ordeal is that this isn't a kickstarter... It's just straight paypal donations. So if for some reason the community can't raise the money before EVO, then people have already given their money away.

ShrieK1295

Smash Journeyman
I think the oddest part of this whole ordeal is that this isn't a kickstarter... It's just straight paypal donations. So if for some reason the community can't raise the money before EVO, then people have already given their money away.
I agree. It makes it less transparent. Also, Paypal takes a cut as soon as you send the money as well. So if you get refunded, you won't get your full money back either. I don't know how it works with Kickstarter though.

Top Bottom