• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

One Hit Smash: Corrin Guide

As one of the newest characters added to the game, Corrin currently is generating a lot of interest from pros to casual players. People interested in this dragon-blooded sword fighter may be wondering what kinds of combos or techniques the characters has to offer. Youtube channel One Hit Smash has created a video to showcase some of what he can do as one of the first guides on the characters. Give it a watch!

Like the video? Learn something useful? Be sure to subscribe to One Hit Smash for future content and let us know in the comments below. Don't forget to stay tuned to Smashboards for some of the best in tutorial videos!

Comments

Corrin was my surprise favourite of the DLC in terms of how he plays. I really want to make sure I'm good with him, so I've been experimenting and looking at guides too.

I hope people can show his stuff in tournaments.

D
D-tilt -> U-Smash is actually guaranteed depending on the character in the 50-60% range (with some deviation), a correction I feel is important to note.

Last edited by a moderator:
No one else found it odd that he didn't mention Corrin's counter?
I'm under the assumption that it will be fixed rather soon. I made a post on Twitter demonstrating the counter killing an uncharged little mac fsmash WITH DI at 33 percent. Definitely a fix incoming. Thought I would leave it out to keep the guide more relevant. Sorry!

I'm under the assumption that it will be fixed rather soon. I made a post on Twitter demonstrating the counter killing an uncharged little mac fsmash WITH DI at 33 percent. Definitely a fix incoming. Thought I would leave it out to keep the guide more relevant. Sorry!
I did some research on her counter. It's better than Marths for sure, but at the same distance from the blast zones as Roy's, than its just as strong. Roy has a higher multiplier but slightly less KBG. It comes close to equaling out in the end. I feel like the hate is really just because it's better at catching opponents who overextended in the air.

As well, I thought I should mention that Up Throw actually kills at a slightly earlier percent. Both are god kill throws and mixing up which one you use can cause a DI mixup sometimes

everyone loves using Corrin since he's OP af... seriously. That counter is rediculously strong, that Fsmash is too strong becuz of tipper and that up air just kill everything at a low percentage...

I've just made my conclusion that both the new DLC's are way too overpowered. People just started playing them and already beat my best characters. I can own everyone too if I use bayo's lame combo finisher and Corrin's counter and up air. They both need some really serious nerfs. This is not fun anymore and now that they're still freshly added to the roster, everyone online play them. No casual fights anymore... just these damn DLC's.

everyone loves using Corrin since he's OP af... seriously. That counter is rediculously strong, that Fsmash is too strong becuz of tipper and that up air just kill everything at a low percentage...

I've just made my conclusion that both the new DLC's are way too overpowered. People just started playing them and already beat my best characters. I can own everyone too if I use bayo's lame combo finisher and Corrin's counter and up air. They both need some really serious nerfs. This is not fun anymore and now that they're still freshly added to the roster, everyone online play them. No casual fights anymore... just these damn DLC's.
Sakurai wants people to get their money's worth, and not feel like theyve been cheated with an underpowered character. (My opinion)

It seems to be a pattern with DLC.
:4mewtwo:Mewtwo kind of
:4lucas:Lucas
:4feroy:Roy kind of
:4ryu:RYU IN A TEIR
:4corrin::4corrinf:Corrin being OP af
:4bayonetta::4bayonetta2:BAYONETTA GONNA BE IN A OR S TEIR
We have some OP DLC characters my fellow smashers.

Very nice! I even discovered a shield break punish with Corrin!

About 100% and and above, fully charged neutral b (no bite) to a sweetspot side b (you can wait until they get lunched and hit or just hit while they're paralyzed) kills.

Yeah, it's just for style xD

Yes, I left out Corrin's counter. I expected there to be one last patch to the game where it would be fixed because of how INSANELY POWERFUL this move is. However, Sakurai has stated that this is the final patch of the game. So I very much regret speaking about the counter. I hope you can understand, I am sorry :(

I did some research on her counter. It's better than Marths for sure, but at the same distance from the blast zones as Roy's, than its just as strong. Roy has a higher multiplier but slightly less KBG. It comes close to equaling out in the end. I feel like the hate is really just because it's better at catching opponents who overextended in the air.

As well, I thought I should mention that Up Throw actually kills at a slightly earlier percent. Both are god kill throws and mixing up which one you use can cause a DI mixup sometimes
Up throw kills significantly later with DI
I checked this as a G&W main and if you DI both perfectly midstage you die a whopping 15% later, so yeah, down throw kills first.

Sorry, I didn't realize Up throw was easier to DI =P. I assumed because it was a more vertical trajectory than Dthrow that it would be harder to DI, like most vertical moves are. But even then its still useful as a kill throw for when you've staled your down throw for some reason.

**** Corrin and **** Bayonetta they are absurdly broken. I'm not usually one to beg for nerfs but Jesus Christ these two need to be toned down A LOT.

There's a lot of Corrin hate here. While I agree the counter is utter stupidity (I've personally banned myself from using it), I don't think the rest of the character is that OP. Kills later than most current top tiers, doesn't have good escape options like ZSS's Flip Kick or Sheik's Bouncing Fish, making him susceptible to pressure.

The key to beating Corrin is to play as in-his-face as possible. On the ground, he isn't killing you with anything but tippered F-smash or side-B 90% of the time, so stay out of those ranges. Take advantage of his relatively high endlag and punish any whiffs. Don't give us space or time to set up a lance into the ground, either (pinning or not), because it's Corrin's main movement option and allows us to cover a lot of your options as long as you're on one side of us.

Tl;dr: Corrin is A-tier material, but still reasonably beatable and isn't really that OP aside from his stupid counter.

Yes, I left out Corrin's counter. I expected there to be one last patch to the game where it would be fixed because of how INSANELY POWERFUL this move is. However, Sakurai has stated that this is the final patch of the game. So I very much regret speaking about the counter. I hope you can understand, I am sorry :(
Where did Sakurai say this was the final patch? It doesn't surprise me or anything, I'm just curious and want a source.

Top Bottom