• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OMG about time...

Renegade TX2000

Smash Ace
I found out the oddest thing with ike, I was playing a random match with some of my friends on fd, i was ike, bro was gay mk trying to piss me off... Anyways I try to predict his air dodge with ftilt and I like slid with that **** it was like a mini version of a wave dash but only while I was pulling out the ftilt. I was completely standing still, he spot dodged it and I just saw ike slide back with the ftilt right out of snakes gay ftilt range.

I'll try to record this and show you asap, no bs...

Guilhe

Smash Ace
No joke now, I’ve recorded myself (a good while ago) executing a Flight of Ganon with Ike. I thought it was useless cause it would take away your second jump, but now that we’re on topic, who should I send the replay to get it recorded?

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Send the replays to Mr. Doom. I'll put it up on YouTube and give credit where it's due.

Renegade TX2000

Smash Ace
remember I don't own brawl it was at my friends place... so it was on his wii, but i'll give an example cause I remember accidently doing it in a tournament but thought it was just some "accident". give me a sec to find it

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
The slide in that clip had nothing to do with doop walking into an ftilt, but rather the fact that falco's jab string has a wind box on it. (Actually a lot of rapid jab strings do to make up for the fact that they have such ****ty knockback)

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Not saying you didn't find something useful, just saying that the video that was posted isnt the same thing as what you were talking about.l

§leepy God

Smash Master
The slide in that clip had nothing to do with doop walking into an ftilt, but rather the fact that falco's jab string has a wind box on it. (Actually a lot of rapid jab strings do to make up for the fact that they have such ****ty knockback)
Now I know I'm missing Smash Bros when I see a post talking about wind box. x_x

I guess I have to see what that is unless someone can kindly post the term or thread before I see it.

Thought I found something useful finally, o well "goes back to the snake boards".
Why do most Ike mains second or first main Snake? xD

FrznSaber

Smash Journeyman
Now I know I'm missing Smash Bros when I see a post talking about wind box. x_x

I guess I have to see what that is unless someone can kindly post the term or thread before I see it.
Some moves have special properties. A windbox gives a small push back, like with Pit's WoI without adding any sort of stun or damage. But it's good to know that a windbox can trigger Ike's and Marth's counter.

Why do most Ike mains second or first main Snake? xD
My guess is because Snake cover's most of Ike's weaknesses or because he's almost as manly as Ike himself. I myself am an odd one. I dual main Pit and Ike, with Marth as a secondary. If I had to list them out by usage, it would look like Ike, Pit, Marth....Notice how my line goes reverse order of the tier list (bottom-top).

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
I dont quite understand what your saying, what your saying is you slid backward using your Ftilt? While standing still. Was it a instant motion backwards, like a stutter step, or a literal slide back like...well, a wavedash? I know Pit has something similar with his spot dodge

Top Bottom