• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omaha Weekly Smashfests

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Thats good to hear Jman that you are all improving. Hopefully your monthly goes well.

We can take 4 people. We have 3 right now (Tyser, Rob, myself). I'd like to save the last seat for devon. he's the most active besides the 3 of us. If he's not interested then we have a spot open.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Hey Jace, how far are you from Omaha? Next time I go, I'd love a day of Falcon ditto/practice. Self teaching is all I got these days...

:phone:

Jace08

Smash Lord
sounds good JMan, we'll have to make it work somehow. Falcon dittos are too fun

fighting falco is not so fun...

but seriously yosh, jbm, and rob it was good seein you guys!

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Cool stuff. Im actually going to take leave for 2 weeks in November back to IL. I may be able to swing out to NE on the way back, for a day of games. I'll have to think that over though. GPS says 13.5hrs to get to IL, idk what it is to go from IL to NE. But id rather drive 8hrs from NE having had fun and rested up before coming back to SD

Edit: you're right Jace, Falco is not fun. I lost to one in my tournament too :/ lol

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Yes. Bolun should host Saturday, Dec 1st. I will be returning to SD as of the 30th, so I could make it on the way back the day before, and swing through.

Or at the very least smash it up a couple hours with you guys...

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
So I says to mabel "Rectum? Damn near killed em!"

"Bolun Ye

Hey dude,

This Sunday the 18th I'll be having people over in York for a little round robin and mainly to watch ROM 5 together.

Come over whenever you can after 1 pm.
Let me know if you need help organizing drivers and stuff.

I got a new phone so I don't have your number. Either send me a text or message me back with your number.
Oh yeah, and I'm accepting all Money Matches.

PS. Let Tyser know. That dude deletes his facebook every week..."

I just realized this was sunday and not saturday like Tyser said on your facebook wall. I don't think that matters really but yeah.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
First time I've ever been recorded playing Melee.

Anything anyone wants to say will be of help. Only thing im specifically working on atm is better character control/consistency and overall being as fast and fluid as possible. Really bad habbits and anything i should change are inputs i'd love to hear, or just tips in general. Thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lFgtZJfWCw&feature=plcp
finally got some vids up Rob. Sorry my friends here in rockford are such booty, I am probably buying Dazzle/some equivalent so i can start recording. But Selodin is going on leave all of december, then deploying for six months as of January. SD going SUPER dead yet again. I'm a 1 man state :/

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
They look like they can wavedash, that's pretty good.

People spend too much time trying to pick up tech-skill and not developing how to actually play the game.

Anyway, it's hard to give you advice for a few reasons.

#1-I have no idea how to play falcon.
#2-The players get destroyed so I can't critique you on anything other than spacing (work on it) and your movement (work on it), I could give them a lot more pointers than you.
#3-You look like you are getting better.

Also Bolun cancelled his tournament.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Yea, movement has been the big thing i've worked on. Playing Selodin's falco makes it so I can absolutley **** on bad falcos. I mean they can waveshine, pilar, fundamental tech and all. But using their head, unserstanding positioning, ect they need work.

I focused on knockdown tech chasing a lot in these hrs of friendlies, and trying new stuff to see how I could work on it. Thanks for that rob. Maybe Jace will be a cool guy and look at it and say some good falcon pointers :p

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
My plan: leaving IL for IA Thursday (dewitt, to see my grams and childhood friend.) Leaving to Omaha either friday or Saturday.

So.... if I come Friday, I'd get there sometime at night. I don't really have money for a hotel on the base. I'd need housing. I could maybe hit up Bolun or something. But either way, Sunday afternoon at the latest I have to head back.

So if anyone would come out for a smashfest, I'd be super appreciative. Dunno the next chance I can honestly make it back

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
So, i'll be in Omaha around noon. Any Lincoln/Omaha ppl who are free around that time, let me know and I'll meet up to play some games.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I'm most likely busy most of tomorrow until after 5 at the earliest sadly but I can probably host...

though I do really want to watch the husker game.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Hosting games at the Hippie hole, 33rd and davenport.

Featuring Jman of SD via SC and Yosh via Pizza.

Call me if you don't know so you know.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
+1 post, and for #5 in a row.

Games right now at 3304 Davenport.

If someone could bring a wii AV cord it would be awesome. Or a gamecube.

Top Bottom