• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omaha, NE FFC Dec/Jan SSBM tournaments

vidjogamer

Smash Master
Originally posted by jimi8705

this would be a very good tourney to make it to though, a lot of good competition from Ohio, once in a lifetime oppurtunity.

Tommorow i pwn you all.
aw, jimi, there is no need for compliments, afterall, you havent played us yet.

Sheik_1234

Smash Cadet
Tourney Results:

Overall it was a good tourney. Just like everyone expected DarkRain won it all. Mario_1234 got second and did pretty good against Dark at the end. As for me I did OK beating Mike and Tacoom but then I lost to Peach later. Mo also did very well and ended up losing to Mario_1234 in the quarterfinal.

dmac

Smash Champion
RESULTS

singles

1st Dark(captain)
2nd Mario_1234(mario)
3rd Dan S (ness/sheik
4th dmac (ganon)

teams

1st dark and jim (Oven Mitt)
2nd dan s and dmac (kamogawa gym)

i'll give shout outs later im f'n tired :) fun tourney

dan smith

Smash Champion
Vengence shall be sweet.

I shouldn't have gotten third, I will hunt you down and destroy you Mario_1234!!

Now that the drama is over...I enjoyed it all. This is really the first tourney where I have done fairly well with Ness.

I resent Dmac listing my characters as Ness and Sheik. I played sheik like, once. I also played Yoshi once...but he didn't list THAT...*******.

Ness is where it's at people, hopefully I proved that today.

Come to the 22nd tourney, I will eat that day.

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
Bah I could have taken you if I got past Mario Smith. No but it did suck that I didnt get a chance to play you... Seriously tho, you guys were a really good team man you sure crushed me and Aaron ;)

TheRedMarth

Smash Apprentice
It was a fun tournament guys. I'm just glad I stayed in, in stead of being double elimiated. Tied for 13th or something. I will practice SH's and WD more this month and than we'll see how I do at the next tourney. I must take my dignity back from Dan S. And maybe take two stock off of mike in our next friendly.

Tacoom

Smash Lord
HAHA!! I bed your ness Dan S. But I feel crappy for losing to your sheik. I almost had you in both rounds.

Sheik1234 ill give you respect for beating my Jiggs but next time its Yosh time.

Dark we need more smashers like you around here. Ill beat you some time ^^

Dan L. it could have been great with you as my partner but I its cool of you to stick with your girlfriend.

Dmac im not sure if I played you. Were you the one I played after Dark or was that Jimi?

Anyone else I forgot?

Big Burn

Smash Lord
Really fun tournament everyone...
Darkrain... you were awesome and i think that i could have done better against you if i had played against a good CF cause i had never played one before
Jimi- Real good games..... I HATE PEACH SO MUCH....
DMAC-Thats insulting that u would try to ditto match me lol.... really good ganon though.... we had some good matches...
Dan- Your ness is awesome dude.... we had some close matches...
Mo- I know you got "bad" levels but man i two stocked you twice.... there's no excuse for that
Tacoom that was probably a bad idea using jiggly against shiek_1234... you should trust in yosh no matter what man
-Mike what happened man????
-My link friend did really awesome until the end were he burned out against the fox player that runs the tournament....but he still destroyed many people and they didnt even see it coming because no one expects a link player to do good lol
Shiek_1234 did really awesome with beating tacoom and mike... but eventually fell to a peach... **** ALL PEACHES!!!
In the end i represented omaha the best i could by getting 2nd... not much better i could have possibly done... but it was a really fun tournament and i cant wait until the next one.

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
Matt what the **** was I supposed to do when the times I was getting knocked off on Mute City it was literally impossible for me to come back to the stage? I owned on the first life with the 19% kill but man 2 of those later death I couldn't really do much about. Second straight time you eliminated me heh. Hopefully the third time will be the charm. We need to SMash it at least once before the January tourney.

Major props to my boys Mike and Devon for their third place finish in teams, they really put a nice run together, especially considering Mike's disappointing 1v1 performance.

Dark Rain what can I say? You killed me, and went on to own everyone you faced, like everyone expected. You lived up to the hype and I hope I get a chance to play you again soon. Arby's for life ;)

Dmac I loved your Dorf and I'm hoping to keep improving my own Ganondorf. That was a nice 2-3 we had with my Marth too.

Dan Lucky, Jimi, and Dan Smith I didnt get to play any of you in singles unfortunately, though Smith's team beat the heck outta me and Dragon in teams. Gotta make sure I get a chance to play you guys next time.

Jeff you played against Mike and I thought you were done. You played better than I've ever seen you though, and props for your win man.

Yosh and Aaron it was awesome and thanks for giving me a place to crash on Thursday lol...Yosh you need to come back down a couple days before the Jan. tourney again and Smash it up! 5 Guys and a Yosh for life!

Overall I'm pretty proud of how I did with a 5th place finish and I got a lucky bracket because I got a chance to crush the Peach spammer :-D Lucky me! 2 stocked him both times. That should show him. It was really fun and I also wanna say thanks to all the Kansas and Missouri guys that made the trip. It was good to Smash against some new people.

Edit : TheRedMarth I still would like to get your number. Hit me on AIM at RedDragoonSFF please.

dan smith

Smash Champion
Rantabable

Mario_1234: You need to come down to a KS/MO tourney. (so I can pwn you)

Tacoom: Someday you will show the world the power of Yoshi Tacoom, just remember...you have a huge disadvantage playing with such a crappy character. You are a lot better than any tournament results will probably show...take twice as much pride in every victory than shame in any loss.

FaceLoren: I saw you play some matches, you looked pretty good. We will fight someday...

TheRedMarth: Did you beat Dan Lucky in the losers bracket?

Dmac: Rolling Go!!

Tacoom

Smash Lord
DS: I know what the tourney results say. On the boards it may make me look like a noob. But every person I play tells me my Yosh is great. Pride is what really counts. So far Ive won every Yoshi ditto Ive had.

TheRedMarth

Smash Apprentice
Dan Smith, yeah I beat Dan lucky in the losers bracket. Right after I had to beat his girlfriend. That's the kind of evilness that makes me happy and sad. I'm looking forward to the next tourney. I will find a way around your Ness. FaceLoren, it was cool to talk to you guys so much. We must play more often, the record for us in friendlies is 1 for me and 1 for you, we must break this deadlock :)

BTW, Thanks guys. I've started saying Crunked now. Yeah....Thanks. j/k :)

jimi8705

Banned via Administration
I oviouslly understimated all you omaha guys...

and i obviouslly suck...

and i dont think i spell obvious right...

everyone ome to my tourney...

Mo- Arby's rules!

dan smith

Smash Champion
More blab

Did I play you Sheik_1234? I didn't know who the 1234 people were...I dunno...

I am going to get a job at Arby's....no kidding.

What is up with all the Omaha slang? Crunked? Crust? Level'd?

Omaha is like weird...

Dragon7507

Smash Ace
Sorry its taking me so long to finally post about the tourney, but right after it got done, i went home to sleep, and then the next morn i went out of town, and just got back this morn to go to work, what a fun weekend. Hey Dan S., just letting you know that crunk aand crust are just words that mo, deev, and mike use, me and tacoom still havent quite figured out why though:D But this tourney was awesome. I had a good match against that fox first round, cept he sd for his final loss, oh well. Then in the second, i got jewed against a peach, sding myself with Gannon, then making the mistake of using a shiek on F-zero against peach(He just wouldn't let her die) but after that I got beat by someone else who i dont remember for my second loss, taking me out of singles.But it was fun. Then in teams, my team did awesome thanks to the skills of my partner to be able to help me when being ledgeguarded, and for finishing the 1v1s after i died.That did suck that we eliminated Sour Cream with both of there losses, wish they would have set it up better. But yeah, to Dmac and snex, the winners of teams, man u guys whooped on us, but it was fun playing you. Congrats on the win. And Dark, we all knew you would win, so no congrats is necisary, but good job matt on getting 2nd. Mike, yeah, it sucked that you and deev did bad in singles, but 3rd in teams was good. Tacoom, as always you rep's yosh, mo, congrats on tieing for 5th. And anyone else I forgot-Good job. It was a lot of fun, and it was awesome that the KS people could come. Plus there was a bunch of newbs to tournies, and its always nice to see them there so they can get better. But yeah, all in all, it was a lot of fun. Had a great time. Hope to see you all at the next tourney here and hopefully 5 guys and a yosh will be able to hit some tournes around here, like some in KS. But gotta go, post is long. Laters everyone
Dragon

PS-i should really work at arby's, they must put something in the crews food there

jimi8705

Originally posted by Dragon7507
But yeah, to Dmac and snex, the winners of teams, man u guys whooped on us, but it was fun playing you. Congrats on the win.
Not only was that not snex, but Dark and I were the ones who won teams. Come on now.

ANTX

Smash Ace
worst preformance: Dan L.
i guess that proves one thing.
everytime i play sheik, i suk ***.
no more! sheik is teh n00b!
although it felt good running over people in the teams with good ol' jiggles.
tomorrow, ANTX ROLLSOUT ALL OVER VIDJO!!!!!!

TheRedMarth

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, you should've stuck with Marth dude. We were completely even with our Marths. You're much more efficent at chain throwing than I am. It was a seriously fun match dude. I don't have any feelings of ill-will about this tourney. I had fun guys. BTW, Mario_1234, it was goofy to watch you play so closely. It's not that you do any REALLY impressive moves. You just dont make mistakes. It's kinda cool to watch.

My goals for the Jan tourney are to beat Dev, Mo, and Knox (friendlies or in tournament; either way).

BTW, I was goofing around with falco today. SHLing for him is crazily easy. No wonder everyone was impressed when Darkrain did it with fox.

Dragon7507

Smash Ace
Sorry for all the mistakes i made in my post, there was to many new people at this tourney fro me to get all the names right. So sorry if i screwed up the teams and who one, you all know you won and thats all that matters.
Dragon

jimi8705

Darkrain and myself plan on attending.

Still need to use all those tokens they gave us.

N64

Smash Champion
I plan on attending the jan. tourney, as I was unable to attend this past one, and I really want to play all the Omaha people. New competition is always exciting. Plus, Team Reckless Knee (DYC and I) has to make a name for itself at tourneys. No restraint! Kill all, friend and foe alike! yar!

I hope I get to play Mario1234, I need more experience against mario players, and I'll also probably learn how to improve mine.

I should be free that weekend (I don't have any plans on it yet), so I should be able to come. I'm psyched.

Phatgamer1

Smash Lord
I would like to make an appearance and show everyone how I play. I will find out what is going on and see if I can make it to the tourney.

dan smith

Smash Champion
Hmm...

N64 plays only Pikachu and Pichu, never anybody else, ever.

I don't know if I am going to want to go to this tourney...it will be right after Moast3...

I'll be sleepy. Although, vegence upon Mario_1234 would be worth it.

(I typed the word "worth" like, 800 times, because everytime I hit the letter "o" it would come up as "Q". I was so frustrated!! but...it was just dust on my screen...)

N64

Smash Champion
Dan Smith, you kidder. I only play them vs. you. Your ness maims any of my top-tier attempts.

Yeah, Pika is my main. I also play Sheik & Dr. Mario (used to play mario instead) in 1v1s and C. Falcon in teams. I played Pichu for a while, but couldn't overcome his inate suckiness. I'll still ditto anyone's pichu, but that's about all I use him for anymore.

I switched from Mario to Dr. Mario as a side-character about a week ago, and have since become re-interested in the marios, so that's my motive for wanting to play Mario1234's Mario and learn from it. I have a lot to improve upon with either of the marios.

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
Same place and stuff for sure but time I'm not too sure. I'll have to peep the website later. 5 guys and a yosh will be back and I'll be teaming with Mike this team. Should be good times.

TheRedMarth

Smash Apprentice
I'll be back again and so will my friend Jason. I think we'll leave Team WTF at home though and actually play our best characters in the team battle. We'll either go with 'Team Failure' or 'Team Ultra, mega, crazy good, %100 attack Team'. Can't decide. See you guys there

Sheik_1234

Smash Cadet
No offense Mo but your 5 guys and a Yosh thing is really stupid lol! Sorry I just had to say that. I will be there hopefully i'll play to my potential.

Top Bottom